Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA, November 3rd for EU.
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6MBArUodGLI&index=1&list=PLY0spzQf6Fm0uD9FxJm2Qs3-VrQnbxyM9
famitsu.com/news/201709/19142076.html
personacentral.com/new-etrian-odyssey-game-confirmed-development-last-bottom-screen-map-3ds/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are Warlocks so aggressively standard in EOV?

Is there a way to turn my Warlock into the sole damage dealer in my team? It feels like every powerful synergistic strategy is for a physical frontliner.

Alraune keeps kicking my arse even around level 60, but I think it's because my party (pic related) cannot into binds (aside from Arm Smash, I guess). Even when cloned my Hoplite cannot protect the party from Shock, that Ice attack, and the random flails all at once. What's the best way to bind her head and arms?

Some user said he was going to translate a doujin because a different user managed to undub the game.

Maybe it's time for Anko no Erohon 3 to shine.

>With Wraith Dance your Sanzu activations will likely be used up before the Wraiths even act - unless you also use Open Grave to cause them to act early.
Elaborate? Won't half the sanzu be wasted anyway hitting your own dragoon likely fatally?

Omnimancer is a bit more fun but it's still an Etrian mage class.

The sole damage dealer probably not, simply because there are so many mixed classes that have both support and damage skills.
But they can get some good support.
Shaman Dance Oracle increases the damage of one element (depending on the buff you remove) by up to 50% for the rest of the turn.
Since it's also an INT-based attack it activates Common Magic for another 50% damage increase.
With Focus chant you are looking at a 125% damage increase - without taking a turn if you use Quick Chant.
Warlocks own Amplifier gives a 45% damage increase, Ruinous Prayer 35%.

That's already a 305% damage increase or dealing slightly over four times the damage.

Smokeblight reduces enemy magical def by 50%, Eroding Miasma and Wraith Cry by 35%.
I'm not sure how debuffs stack (or if they are still just counted as damage buffs) but there is a lot of stuff that can boost a Warlocks damage into absurd territory.

I forgot about the cap. I was thinking the Wraiths would help prevent party members from being the ones getting hit by Sanzu.
Can you use Grave on a Wraith that was ordered to shield the party?

The root of all this is just me trying to shove every race into one party without any ridiculous alter classing

Summons can't be targeted

They should translate it to Sanzu Watashi

I think it's because there aren't status effects like burning or freezing
They're just for tackling weaknesses and physical resistance and that alone isn't very fun

Isn't Ruinous Prayer only physical attack?

Ruinous Prayer is both.
That's why it caps out at 35% whereas Highground goes to 40% only for physical skills and Amplifier goes to 45% only for elemental skills.

What would have happened if the OP got the ?

instant death

>Satan's Fist

Hey, new to the etrian series. I'm thinking of taking this setup through EOV. Is there anything I'm missing? Advice?

brouni tank dragoon/therion masurao/earthlain harbinger
brouni or earthlain (depending on healer or statuser)botanist/celestrian warlock or necro

If I have the dragoon maybe I should avoid the necro and go for a shaman? Warlock seems kind of bland. Do you think I can get away with 4kat masurao? If I do go 4kat should I make the botanist a focused healer rather than the debuffer? Thanks friends

Wildling.
But Alraune is a tough bitch - you could just let her quest simmer until you are around level 80.

>needs three levels in devil's fist to learn it

If you make a 4kat and have a dragoon, your choices are to focus on bodyguarding the bunny most turns or deploying a lot of bunkers (which is less reliable, and does not work well with pet classes). Your party isn't really lacking ailments with harbinger so you should bring a healer brouni botanist. Even better is that spec gives you an auto revive for when your 4kat goes down anyway. Then you would want a warlock to cover elements.

Alternatively you can go shaman and necro for your back line.

The trick to trivializing most EO3 endgame bosses is to spam anti-element and equip a shitload of charms to deal with their one physical attack.
So get both hoplites up, use antivolt/freeze, and a whole lot of bash charms.

fuck bootleg atlus, that should be majin no ken

So [boss's preferred physical attack type] charms are more valuable than equipment that gives you high DEF?
Sounds like a good strategy. My main problem with Alraune is that I can't do Antivolt+Antifreeze+Line Guard x2 all at once, eliminating the need for the latter would be great.

>stopped bringing my Wildling around level 25 and forgot to give her combat study
;_;

>So [boss's preferred physical attack type] charms are more valuable than equipment that gives you high DEF?
In EOIII, EOIV, EOU and EO2U armor is almost worthless.
The accessories reduce the damage you take from that element by 50% each - for a total of 100% so you only take the one digit random number added at the end of damage calculation.
If they have a second physical element you can wear one accessory for a 50% damage reduction which is already more than any armor value will ever give you.

In EOIV you can no longer wear more than one accessory for this reason.

Who is this cutie?

Wait, what; that's ridiculous!
(Would explain why you can't forge armour though.)

Nene's long lost sister

A use-and-discard character representing EO for a collaboration with a shitty mobage.

I'm thinking of a setup like

>[Open] / Necromancer
>Shaman / Warlock / Warlock

There are a lot of buffs and debuffs going on with this group, so much so that dropping the Smoke botanist to pick up a second Warlock is probably correct.

The issue I'm seeing is that I'm lacking ways to reliably mitigate damage. Will dropping a Dragoon on the frontline solve that issue? I can comfortably replace my Necro with a Botanist or a Harbinger... I think.

Wait, Wraith Dance doesn't make Grave revenge strikes hit 3 times, does it?

Will the lack of binds be very noticeable or not too big a deal? Thanks for the response

So many shitty gatchas games with EO collabs.
But none of these are localized for NoA region

Harbinger will be much more stable than a Necromancer in the front.
And their debuff spec even gets a party heal to help you out in that regard.

Not sure if the second Warlock is the way to go since even one Warlock can buff themselves with Amplifier - you could put in a Necromancer for more variety and they also benefit from things increasing elemental damage.

And how does that anime sequence tie-in with a game?

Celestrians can pick a Union skill at level 20 that attempts to fully bind and enemy and has a good chance to even work on bosses.

And while binds are a nice defensive tool they aren't absolutely necessary for a party to succeed, just one of many mechanics you have the option to use.

Untold 3 heroine.

That is one of the cheese parties - two Necros for 9 counters on every attack.

I tried it and it worked! Thanks for the tip! Feels cheap, though.

That's a strange Nightseeker.

Just think of it as how armor should have worked from the start. I love EO, but its tendency to obscure mechanics or outright lie to the player is one of the worst things about the series.

Negative Energy from the Necro works with everything but the Shaman elemental defense debuff so I can get value out of them that way, but I'm feeling like I'd prefer to have the summon slots open for Pillboxes.

I keep forgetting that Dragoons can mitigate both types of damage.
With that in mind, I'm looking at a Dragoon/Shaman/Warlock core, with two slots floating for some combination of Harbinger, Botanist and a second Warlock. Harbinger adds a lot of survivability and respectable debuffing power with some "Oh-shit" utility on Soul Transfer. I'm missing out on a reliable resurrection spell (I think?), but I can shore that weakness up with Nectars probably. If I bring two Warlocks I'm basically passing all status application onto my Dragoon and Harbinger, and Curse/Paralysis/Sleep are decent enough status ailments.

I can't decide between double Warlock or Warlock/Botanist.

It did work like that.
Well maybe not quite as strong as completely negating one element - but armor was strong in EO and even more so in EOII.
Which is why it got nerfed massively in EOIII.

It's similar to how Landies and Survivalists became trash tier in EOII because they overperformed in EO.
"Balance" in the DS EOs was to completely hammer everything that was even slightly positive for the player...

Unironically. EO3 need a good nightseeker or dark hunter.

The lack of good poison skills always left me sad while playing EO3

I think people are also so preoccupied with the NS's passive that they forget that they had a 700 base damage AoE poison skill.

youtube.com/watch?v=6MBArUodGLI&index=1&list=PLY0spzQf6Fm0uD9FxJm2Qs3-VrQnbxyM9
These are the official videos if you want tow ait for it or research further.

>I'm missing out on a reliable resurrection spell (I think?)
Eartlain can learn a two man resurrection spell and Brouni has Hygieia's Bowl which needs four people but fully heals and cleanses the party - and can revive the fifth member.
Union skills are nothing you can spam but they are useful enough.

If you want to run two Warlocks more power to you - it does sound interesting, at least.
You could also run one Omnimancer - lower damage than Elemancer but access to arm bind and stun.

I hope EO3U gets one of those.
And even if it isn't Nightseeker itself there are so many classes that need a serious rework they should be able to find something.

Farmer, Yggdroid, Buccaneer, Ninja all need some clean-up and focus on something worthwhile.
Buccaneer had a theme but Chasers are just shit.

Well it makes Masurao relevant again. Though I'd rather not bullshit the game too hard, and missing out on a Type B Necro is a shame.

Type B Masurau, on the other hand, seems goddamn awful. What's the point of Triple Strike with that low multiplier and bind rate? Almost want a (Therian) Pugilist just so something can inflict binds sometimes. Harbinger could hopefully alleviate the lower luck.

what's the hardest bonus stratum in the series other than obviously claret hollows?

hall of darkness, maybe?

Hall of Darkness is a nice stroll in the park.
It is short and its encounters are puzzles - deadly but fair.
If it wasn't for EO2U's snorefest of a 6th Stratum Hall of Darkness would be the easiest.

Cyclopean Haunt is the worst after Claret Hollows with EOII Forbidden Forest not too far after it.

Harbinger increases infliction rate by 50% and Therian LUC is about 25% lower than Earthlain LUC. It might help.

Infliction rate doesn't scale linearly with LUC as it gets compared to the enemy LUC (at least it used to be that way, I haven't seen the infliction formula for EOV yet).
If your LUC is lower than the enemy's, the infliction rate takes a nose dive, if it is higher is slowly rises.

So there are more enemies a Therian will have trouble with, especially with the 50% base infliction rate of the Pugilist's punches.

Celestrian Union skill can help for bosses - it has a 150% base infliction rate and uses INT instead of LUC.
And Celestrian INT is only barely smaller than Earthlain LUC - and can even be pushed above it with class passives.

I meant racial passives - there are no class passives that give INT (or anything other than HP and TP).

I can't comment on any other sixth stratums because EOIV is the only EO game I've really played, but I found Halls of Darkness to be pretty easy.

There are some deadly little snags around and many mistakes you can make that will completely ruin you, but if you don't make the mistakes you'll largely not have any issues. e.g. Dragonflies are harmless if dispatched immediately, whatever the Thunder elementals are called are harmless if dispatched immediately, Muskoids are harmless if head bound.

>There are no class passive that give INT
Pardon?
Imbue, Talent and Anatomy all give it, and that's just from Celestrians.

Got any cool wallpapers? I have:
Gunner in the forest
World tree one with wierd perspective
Pantless hippy Hexer
Bobcut Fortress and Timperial looking at the city of Radiant ruins
The EOV one with full party
Some horrible cut-n-paste ones from IV
The Dramatic and fanmade one with EO3 characters, fighting a late boss.

Yes, and those are racial passives, not class passives.
That's why I corrected myself.

Those are all race passives

Reading comprehension used to be my strong suit. Not any more, I guess.

famitsu.com/news/201709/19142076.html
The character is named Nikaidou Melty, 7 years old, and can transform into Sweetie Melty.
It counts as an EO collaboration because Himukai is the EO's artist and because they mention EOV as a recently released game. That's it, the character belong otherwise to the mobage only.

EO is now just Himukai's pet project...

I was hoping for something that fit my widescreens a bit better. Stilol, Hoplites are awesome and so are lucerne hammers

So what kind of ratio do you need?

1920x1080.
Both pictures are nice, and I didn't have either in my EO folder that have 932 files.

Sorry, I have none in that ratio.
I only have a few larger pics saved and they are all not that wide for some reason.

Hipsy Hexer is wide enough. Some would say even wider than the last picture, but I aldrady have that.
But thanks for chekcing, and two other pictures.

The only other one I have in widescreen is the one with the EOIII party in front of the Abyssal God - Farmer, Monk, Princess and Zodiac in the foreground, Ninja and his Bunshin further in the back.

Pic not related but it has been a while since the grown up Shiitake was posted.

So what is a Fencer's early game plan? Optic Thrusting people?

I love both Shiitakes, but I sadly don't have many pics of her current age. I only have a bunch of kid Shiitake pics thanks to mugi_soba that draws her a lot. I'm actually saving some of them for the next holidays.

Yeah, that's the fanmade one that I mentioned.

Yeah, there really aren't that many, at least I haven't found many I really likes.
Which is a shame because Shiitake is awesome.

We all know untold 3 heroine would be kenkaku and this is definitely not kenkaku

Pretty much what I have

Can a 4kat Masurao handle more dicks than Ricky can at the same time?

Shiitake will be in EOU3

Did they say that they would make one more EO for 3ds?

Optic Thrust everything. Chains are okay if you can but not the explosive power at second name. Besides that it's really vanilla.

Actually, yes.

personacentral.com/new-etrian-odyssey-game-confirmed-development-last-bottom-screen-map-3ds/

Did they say they woulndt have grimoires anymore?

Please say yes, please say yes

does US get free DLC for V?

fucking better

Would you rather have EOU3 or EOVI?

EOV-II, let me explore the moon and recruit lizard people

Thunder spawn are helpless anyway if you mash that volt rune button. If you're that afraid of them you can even eat the silver carp to up the elemental defence even further. The only true bad enemies there are lions of go fuck yourself (i'm absolutely sure i saw them dealing like 600+ damage per character, literally more than weakened superboss), muskoids of carry petrify charms or die and cancer trees who are helpless by itself but a colossal pain in the ass when not (and they are usually not). Honourable mention to wrath blooms who line oneshot you when you just start exploring the stratum and are innocent enough to explore F1 boundaries for the first time.

Those ears are very dexterious.

All DLC is free, should have hacked your 3DS.

EO3U. I want to see how badly they try to nerf Warrior's Might teams.

Sounds fair enough.
How would a physical Fencer with Mulit-Stab an Chain Killer be in a party that is otherwise pretty ailment and bind focussed?
Or should I just take a 1kat Masurao?

Their early game plan is being one of only two classes in the demo that actually deals meaningful damage, the other being Pugilists because lol Thunderfist.

>F1 boundaries
Pardon?

Also, I've literally never seen a Wrath Bloom do anything, as they always cast Charge on turn one and die the next turn because they're weak to Slash, Fire and Ice, which means that every second class can instagib them.

Holy shit poison is amusing to use

They only spawn on floor 1 near the boundaries of the map. And when you still has ass gear and level 70 you have to either nuke them or suffer

Someone give me the quick and dirty explanation for Persona Qs combat. Is it EO combat but with megami tensei skill names or is it closer to Personas one more system?

I miss nightseekers, autospread poison knives were fantastic for plowing through random encounters

Persona's one more system to a T.
Five people arranged in two lines, tile based movement, map drawing and FOEs are the only similarities.
Fighting is Persona and Persona only.

Hmm interesting. If Persona Q2 adds the stuff Persona 5 brought to the system I think it could be pretty enjoyable. Still, somewhat odd that we know so little about it.

it didnt really have the one more system, it just gave you a potential free move+priority next turn if you hit a weakness and weren't hurt

EO3U as the last game in the series.
Then make something new without the mapping for the switch.

The current lore isn't really going anywhere anyways and as fun as the world of EO is there is really not much you can explore (in the lore sense) without a major shift in perspective.

Ricky was already someone that could tell us more about the past than anyone else and not much came of it.
Our explorers will always be technologically medieval girls in over their heads and aside from someone monologuing about things too advanced for the current civilisation to understand there is not much we can get out of the setting.