Really makes ya think

Really makes ya think.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutheran_Church–Missouri_Synod#Creationism
slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2014/12/creationism_poll_how_many_americans_believe_the_bible_is_literal_inerrant.html
piltdownsuperman.com/?m=0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Ham
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Answers_in_Genesis
youtube.com/watch?v=cwBVcsWYJd8
youtube.com/watch?v=Kcd1a68YQq0
crev.info
crev.info/2011/11/111126-evolutionists_flaunt_falsifying_fossils/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So... the one who changed the truth of god into a lie is blessed forever? Good to know I guess.

I don't get it

Why do Americans insist on Young Earth Creationist views?

What is this even saying? Believing in Evolution=worshipping animals?

Because "something something one nation under God."

Evolution=atheism/antitheism in their eyes.

Do they consider non-YEC Christians to be Christian?

In some ways yes, in other ways no.

Also this

>world created 2,000 years after Sumerian invention of beer

Really makes you doubt

Is there a list of YEC denominations?

where is this ice age bible verse?

Have you tried google?

Well cant humans dance?

It seems only Seventh Day Adventists, Jehova's Witnesses and South Baptist Convention actually have YEC mandated condition of being a member

From wiki

>Adhering church bodies[edit]
Evangelical Lutheran Synod[126]
Evangelical Reformed Presbyterian Church[127]
Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod[128]
Protestant Reformed Churches in America[129]
Seventh-day Adventist Church[130]
Southern Baptist Convention[131]
Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod[132][133]

>standing on top of a bible
no tred pls

some of these don't mandate it e.g.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutheran_Church–Missouri_Synod#Creationism

The LCMS website states that an individual's personal views regarding creation do not disqualify a person from being a member of the LCMS.[37]

>49 “Master,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in Your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not accompany us.” 50 “Do not stop him,” Jesus replied, “for whoever is not against you is for you.”
(Matthew 18:1-6; Mark 9:33-37; Luke 9: 46-50)

PRODDIE

It makes me think; we should take away their tax exemption.

is there any multiple source foundation to the belief in young earth? I want to understand how such a large segment of the population can legitimately believe something that every single hard science and also recorded history itself more or less has disproven.

>can legitimately believe something that every single hard science and also recorded history itself more or less has disproven.

Maybe it's because people don't take their cues from scientists.

You have to imagine that these people actually live in a different world from yours; a world where atoms and evolution literally doesn't matter, because it isn't real to them.

The irony is that it really isn't real for you either.

rely maks u tink

That picture gave me a headache. Damn you, user.

Causes you to stop and ponder

Please be fake...

ITT
>problems only Americans have

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there's a significant amount of YECs in South Korea, of all places.

one of the major speakers for creationism, Ken Ham, is Australian. I've heard they have a decent amount there too

Implying the Australians give a fuck about Creationism. US is the only western nation where this is actually a discussion, for the rest of the civilized world it is just a running gag by some weirdos.

>protestantism without a state church
Why did americans think this is such a good idea.

The centuries of bloody religious war in europe.

Duplication errors are the most common kind of error in dna, and are literally the addition of extra information. This is so profoundly wrong it must be intentional, why are Christians such shameless liars?

Because they think that if they don't, they're surrendering people to the corrupted world.

Please tell me this is just a marginal position in America and actual YECs can just be counted in hundreds

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2014/12/creationism_poll_how_many_americans_believe_the_bible_is_literal_inerrant.html

>can't even remember the water cycle
Really got my noggin joggin.

What's the point of being Christian if you don't take the bible literally? I mean it's pretty clear on a lot of issues. "Interpretation"= Picking and choosing and making it up as you go along

Pretty much every Protestant denomination in America that doesn't gay marriage

I've always wondered about this honestly

like how do those gay christians rationalize it

doesn't the bible say pretty explicitly that they shouldn't exist

Cognitive dissonance and leaps of logic is about as American as apple pie.

No they are very rare in Australia.

Because the earliest Christians did not take all of it literally. For instance, both ancient Christians and Jews were unanimous in saying God did not literally walk in the Garden of Eden. That doesn't mean they read it all as "just a metaphor," though, they agreed they were stories about historical people and events, but how literal versus how stylistic the narrative was, was open to interpretation. In Christianity, there were two major schools of interpretation, the Alexandrian School, and the Antiochene School, with the former reading most of the Old Testament in a figurative sense, and the latter reading it mostly in a literal sense. But in contrast today, this was not actually a subject of serious contention among Christians. The major topics of debate until the Great Schism was almost always Christology: is Christ only man? Is he only God appearing as man? He is a non-human creature, yet short of God? He is he a human body, but with only a "Divine mind"? Was his body naturally subject to decay and pain, or did he supernaturally subject it to such? Were Christ's humanity and divinity two distinct *subjects* sharing one body? Did Christ have a human will, or only the Father's will? Was Christ a different God with his own will and operation distinct from the Father's? Was Christ the Father but merely in a different "role"?

These were the heated issues for the first thousand years of Christianity. How literal the old testament should be taken was more just something you accepted from whoever your teacher was, and didn't really argue it with others.

Homosexuals don't exist, neither do heterosexuals. The bible makes no mention to these artificial categories, it says that we are not commit homosexual acts. No one is forced to commit these acts, nor is is something that existentially defines a person.

best part about them is that they are sacriligeous, trough their literal interpretation they are the ones that ''worship the animal'', since their 'belief' is basicaly materialist and centered around man

they seem to completely miss the point that notions of man made of clay, ashes to ashes, and man developed from monkeys, is the same exact thing, just material shit happening, void of meaning or value

basicaly they are proud and self aggrandising, they fetishise what is temporary and corruptible, insisting on some sublime and special origin of things like physiological and biomechanical functions, as if the soul is made of meat

What " multiple source foundation" do you need if you have the Word of God? It's stated in the Bible beyond any doubt.

IF the world was created 4004 BC then who da fuck made all the spearpoints from Magdalenian epoch 15000 years ago

Satan's snares.

>It's a "European Catholics think they're oh so enlightened and rational" episode

Hilarious.

Lots of formally uneducated Christians are implicit creationists. Being a YEC is a more organized form of retardation.

they generaly are tho

european catholicism generaly ignores or glosses over the sort of issues that american protestants pick fight around
to a average european catholic things like creation or great flood are complete non-issues, in fact in catholic religiosity anything that dosent directly relate to the momentary mental/emotional experience of worship, and the basic set of general beliefs and attitudes, is competely irrelevant, the most obscure local saint is more important, the details of a ritual or custom, the visual apperance of a cult object etc... are more important than any scriptural inuendo or specifics of this or that biblical myth

this frees people up to be more accepting and flexible intellectualy, and to maintain a religious outlook while not sacrificing basic rationality

off course there are fundies and hard core traditionalists, but the wast majority of catholics are basicay uninterested in such things

My point was that they're religious at all

piltdownsuperman.com/?m=0

Pope Francis said that God had let children be abused. And the people rejoiced.

Not exactly so, but the two miracles attributed to "Mother Teresa" happened because God allowed it to happen. Two exemptions from how the nature works otherwise.

So if God can make miracles happen, then he lets child abuse happens.

>must quote boring books in order to keep bitches under the tumb
Cucks!

Indeed. Check out when the majority of the commoners in a country was literate. Then cross reference it to the majority religion.

You'll see that there is a strong correlation between illiteracy and catholicism.

Plenty of Catholics still believe in YEC, it was the prevailing narrative until fairly recently, the calculation was done by a catholic monk.

Proddies are literally reviving catholic interpretations.

>a couple of YECs =/= all Christians.

>Tower of Babel 2250 BC
>Origin of all languages

there's very few YEC Catholics anymore by virtue of the pope, (who you may remember is kind of a big deal to catholics) having gone and publicly said there is no conflict between evolution and christianity

while the papacy had its darker days, right now having an intelligent and reasonable religious head is a major asset

I guess, but what does it say about a religion, that it uses deception?

My 3 year old understands the water cycle and these idiots publish this shit

Guy on right is better Christian, he do not disrespect Holy Book by standing on it.

kek

YEC abroad come from American christian missionary churchers.
Ken Ham is on the USA too.

Ken Ham's YEC was Australian

>According to Ham, he was inspired by his father, also a young Earth creationist, to interpret the Book of Genesis as "literal history" and first rejected what he termed "molecules-to-man evolution" during high school.[5]Ham earned a Bachelor of Applied Science, with an emphasis in Environmental Biology at Queensland Institute of Technology and a diploma in education from the University of Queensland.[7]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Ham

>Answers in Genesis resulted from the merging of two Australian creationist organizations in 1980, one led by John Mackay and Ken Ham and the other by Carl Wieland. The organization later become known as Answers in Genesis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Answers_in_Genesis

I doubt it, Americans have their hands in all those YEC movements abroad, I live in Argentina and we started to get these YEC christians everywhere, turned out American pentecostals invested in missions to our favelas and abused their ignorance to get money from the poorest and dumbest motherfuckers around.
I hope you people realize all the hate your country is acummulating, some day the world will have its revenge.

literally the biggest YEC organisation was founded in australia.

but yes it's predominately been spread by americans in recent times.

>pentecostals
oh dear.

If that revenge is against Baptists and Pentecostals, I'd be only too happy to help.

>Pentecostals

youtube.com/watch?v=cwBVcsWYJd8
youtube.com/watch?v=Kcd1a68YQq0

ITT butthurt catholics and racist fedoralords

Go back to /r/atheism

>closet fedora makes unfounded accusations

I'm not an atheist, but if you take the Bible literal, then why are there not firmaments in the heavens. We have satellites and shit.

Apparently those Hebrew celestial spheres don't exist.

Always took it as a divinely-inspure story, like an Old-Testament version of Jesus' parables.

go back to /r/catholic with this BS

Where is the firmament in the heavens?

Protestant and proud of it.

what church do you go to piece of shit i bet your lying

>Jesus built 5 years before Christ

Kill yourself

Genesis 1:6–8

>Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.[

>The word "firmament" is used to translate raqia, or raqiya` ( רקיע), a word used in Biblical Hebrew. It is derived from the root raqa ( רקע), meaning "to beat or spread out", e.g., the process of making a dish by hammering thin a lump of metal.[5][6]

>Like most ancient peoples, the Hebrews believed the sky was a solid dome with the Sun, Moon and stars embedded in it.[7] According to The Jewish Encyclopedia:

>The Hebrews regarded the earth as a plain or a hill figured like a hemisphere, swimming on water. Over this is arched the solid vault of heaven. To this vault are fastened the lights, the stars. So slight is this elevation that birds may rise to it and fly along its expanse.

So why is the literal translation of Hebrew scientifically wrong?

Any number of the churches in Louisiana. Been church-hopping for a while, but I've found this nice group that seems rather upstanding, unlike the last few.

end yourself capn fedora

Not an argument.

my guess is eight digits of americans believe in a young earth. possibly nine.

most proddies aren't even YECs

crev.info

J U S T
U
S
T

btfo

>crev.info/2011/11/111126-evolutionists_flaunt_falsifying_fossils/

evolutionists BTFO

the pope might as well put on a fedora at this point

Bump