So many P&D's, how about Long Term Holdings in Crypto

It would be nice to have a discussion about long term holding of certain cryptos.
I was reading about Lisk today and I think it's a good long term coin to hold. Some dude advised not to trust german coders. why is that?
A few others are Bitbay believe it or not users are buying and selling items amongst other people. I really thought it was a meme coin but it's actually a thing that can possibly revolutionize its field.
I feel like Decred is also good (right now it's pumping) PIVX, and of course holding Bitcoin.

What other long term coins are you guys looking into?

Other urls found in this thread:

byteball.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

value oriented investing is not possible with crypto since the markets aren't rational, often times other than market cap there are no real measures to asses value and the underlying technology (programming & cryptography) is rather esoteric and unintelligible to most people, so that they do not grasp how incredibly fucked up the 'product' is, into which they just threw their life savings.

and since value oriented investing is not possible, long term investment into crypto is essentially just slow motion pump- and dumbing around road maps and announcements and guessing what the other autists are thinking (hint: everything is actually good for x)

monero and bitcoin, becausae they are the best store of value in my opinion. but 90% of all cryptocurrencies are speculation so i am ready to lose it all. i am basically going 50/50 with my fiat into cryptocurrencies. good luck with long term hold though if fiat currencies collapse and then monero takes over in austrian economic environment (i would like this very much)

Longterm, byteball should grow nicely.

Who would be irrational enough to put their life savings into crypto? But user, what do you think about the current economic state of the world. The fiat scam, central bankers messing with the economic policies of the world. We are also heading for a cashless society so it would be wise to not be apart of the same economy that they create.

So Monero and Bitcoin. Nothing else you see valuable user?

How come user? Would you be kind to give me a gist.

Check it out for yourself, download the wallet and have a play.
Everything works, is well put together, it makes ethereum look like dog poo.

PEPECASH is a good investment, not even memeing.

Forgot link byteball.org/

Too bad it's literally a fucking javascript coin. That, and tonych is still (?) holding the rest of bytes that haven't been distributed.

What's wrong with javascript user. I'm not knowledgeable in coding so I wouldn't know why would this be view as a negative. Some user was saying the same thing about lisk being javascript.
And he countered saying that ethereum is trying to switch over to it.

Look it's a butthurt Eth shill

I'm looking into Byteball. Community on bitcointalk seem impressed. So far I haven't seen anything negative. So what type of real world use is Byteball aiming for? Is it trying to be a method of payment system like btc? I want to hear it from you user since you brought it up.

Looks like a fagged out version of BitBay. SAD!

Listen if you're holding bags on previous pump and dumps please keep your emotions to yourself. I hold no allegiance to any other coin, but Bitcoin. I created the thread to have a discussion not to start bashing other coins.

long term stability? Monero. take this last week for example, it's probably the only coin that has stayed withing 20% of its initial value

>So Monero and Bitcoin. Nothing else you see valuable user?
there are probably many other valuable shitcoins with marketcap under $2 million or something. I just dont have foresight to know which one's will be successful or not

Monero is probably the closest to fulfilling the "currency" part of cryptocurrency and with good reason considering its main use case.

BTC ETH XMR are the only ones you could reasonably hold long term.

except zksnarks is coming soon and most of the darknet will use eth then

Would be good news for me actually, I don't hold any monero.

>Who would be irrational enough to put their life savings into crypto?

greed does stuff to people.

anyway, what do I think about the world economy? the world is going to go up in flames any day.
it's actually mind boggling that it hasn't already.
but with dooms day prophecies it's always the same: you're going to be right eventually. so why bother?

>We are also heading for a cashless society

frightening. this is true enslavement. but the right thing to do is not to flee into the woods but to buy stocks of the true perpetrators:

VISA, MASTERCARD and PAYPAL.

I just bought Lisk myself yesterday after chatting with their dev on LiskChat.

But i am not going to put 100% of my money in 1 coin. It's much better to split in multiple coins.

i'm in nexus and bitbay long term:

nexus - partnering with vector space systems to develop rockets that will launch a web of cube satellites into space, thereby making their blockchain not only decentralised but also in freaking space where no one can fuck with it. i've tripled my money in the last couple of weeks and but i'm hoping for much much more.

bitbay - anyone knowing anything about this know the story of how originally it was a scam by bobsurplus and his pump goons, he stole the ico money and ripped off the investors and Dave Zimbeck of about 700 BTC while keeping millions of BAY for themselves. Thing is Zimbeck decided to stick around and started building something. For the last 2 years he's been working away and without any pay except for community donations he's created a solid coin with some unique features and a clear roadmap. In those 2 years bobsurplus and his group have sold all their coins so now it's free to get bigger. Personally I think it says a lot for the integrity of Zimbeck that he stuck around and built it so people wouldn't be left with nothing. Plus you can join the bitbay slack and talk to him directly.

bitcoin will prevail i think against talk of hardfork so that'll always be there.

ripple - has too many coins for it to ever be $10 a coin or that but given it's being used by big banks I think it's worth chucking in $50 while it's $0.005 or something. if it made it to $0.10, whew lad.

Decred is not just a pump. If you study it carefully you might find out it's the only alt-coin that can compete with BTC in the long run. That's why Litecoin's creator and Coinbase project manager Coblee is invested so heavily in DCR.

One cannot overstate the importance of hard fork voting as a feature.

DCR can literally copy any other coin's good property and integrate it within itself with HF voting.

Decred will be the only crypto that will be able to evolve without end...

What's more, it is self-funding so programmers are paid well with the mined coins themselves.

Try investing in SHIFT user, decentralised web hosting and cloud storage with a testnet already working, so it's sure it is not a scam and will surely be a top 10 crypto in long term. It is also capable of running apps on the blockchain like eth and lisk

I see BTC has survived the dip now.
Luckily i knew it would happen and didnät invest in ETH during the bubble, like many people did because they were scared about BTC future.

By the way... the btc hard fork isn't even going to happen

Javascript seems to be a bit of a meme language because there is no explict compiler and its low barriers to entry means that women and plebs can try out coding.

A lot of people take this a bit too far and assume they are as good as knuth because they could build a crud app in node and react, but ultimately being able to experiment right in browser is what makes it so javascript; will *probably* always win.

Voluntary fiat money when it can be launched again and again in different and upgraded versions of itself...
Well, the question is why would someone hold long something like that. It's not gold.

Yeh, all of the coins are designed so their inflationary launch and growth in user pool gives an early opportunity, but that's all 95% of the users are looking for. Really.

Prices do not match their value.

Cryptos are incredible and useful, but that doesn't mean valuable, most of them are open source and you can just relaunch the same coin with a different name.

The only distinct quality of btc or eth is they're the most popular and the standard due to coming first