Coffee delivery service business

Hey Veeky Forums im in marketing 1 rn and my group came up with a company that makes and delivers coffee slightly cheaper then starbucks. basically a coffee/espresso food truck with bikes on board to deliver coffee. Im in charge of online marketing. Can you give me any tips?

>Can you give me any tips?

Don't do it.

You do realize coffee goes bad within an hour right?

why not?
yeah and? its local, chicago only with 4 trucks and 2 bikers per truck

any way its marketing plan not a detailed business plan

theres an app where you can choose when and where you want your coffee. want it 6:15 every monday? cool 5 bucks a pop, if you order weeks ahead of time you get a slightly lower price. it helps optimize our routes.

>why not?

you won't make a profit.

how could i not? all major coffee is marked up by 80%

Are u in JMSB by any chance?

People aren't going to break their morning Starbucks rituals.Habits and routines are difficult to break

"finally, coffee when you need it..."
"coffee that follows your schedule"
"the best chicago coffee, delivered"

>"the best chicago coffee

thats a bold claim

any of those tag lines work?

Free delivery?

5 dollars a cup a coffee
a 1 to make 4 to deliver.
starbucks its 5 and no delivery

Meh. Try it. Bonus points for having the brains to throw a cb in it and hit up all the shipping and recieving places for truckdrivers and workers. Better sell donuts and breakfast shit and other drinks also. Bonus points for getting to know the guards and giving them free coffee. It the company ever decides to boot you they will fight to keep u around. Used to see some roach coaches around chicago do this. Bonus points for trading cofee for a burrito. Good luck brother. Report back with results.

no they sound really cliche

> he doesnt know that truckers care fuckall about cofee and are generally in and out of chicago in under 2 hours 24/7

Meh. Could be litteral piss and win. Fucking HATE chicago

Going to Starbucks is part of the hip experience.

youre a busy,intelligent stylish individual. You don't have time to be tied down to a location. You along with others create the experience of getting coffee. You're the one who decides on the meeting, so you choose the location and we'll meet you there.

yeah chicago isnt know for their coffee at all.

will do m8

Oh, get a trailer and lean to pull that bitch so u can double your vand or truck size too.

bummp

Hell i will bump too. Good luck

>have to make an entire trip just to deliver 1 coffee
>can't take multiple coffees like pizza because they will go bad and get moldy
>also customers wouldn't want to wait that long
>what is a drive thru
>what is a coffee maker

The only way I can see this working is if you drive the "coffee truck" to the front door of where you're delivering, make the beverage right then and there, and deliver it.
Benefits
>don't need brick and mortar shop
>can do ordering completely through the app, so no need for having a call center
Negatives
>gas is expensive
>refrigerators and coffee machines would need an expensive generator which could break
>would need dozens of trucks per city to have timely service to each part of the city
>it wouldn't possibly be cheaper than Starbucks

Coffee is something difficult to deliver, we realize that. There is a simple ways we can handle this. Having a food/coffee truck that acts like a hub for making and delivering coffee. Hot coffee would be delivered in termos that people can buy and order refills for a cheaper price then the intial order. Iced coffee will be put in a small backpack cooler. We can have bike delivery for small hard to reach locations during traffic. We also sell our coffee beans for those indivuals or offices who just realized they ran out in the morning. Coffee drive thru in the morning take longer then getting out of the car going inside the building and ordering. We're creating a system were people can change how far their coffee goes with them. With a regular coffee you order at a store theres a limited distance you can go before youre coffee runs out or isnt as good, you might not make it to your desired location before your coffee runs dry. Theres this deep tie we have to these physical stores that limit how we can progress.
Coffee was created inorder to fule progress, so why are we letting us hold us back?

Tldr:Theres this deep tie we have to these physical stores that limit how we can progress.
Coffee was created inorder to fule progress, so why are we letting us hold us back?

Anyone who can't be bothered to go to a coffee shop buys a machine for their office.

dumb idea, listen to every one here and stop doing it

you should deliver weed on the side so you actually profit

THIS
H
I
S

Chicago, I'm in. When can I start servicing little village

the bikers will spill the coffee

I understand that all you anons understamd about making money are meme coins and you cant possibly imagine what its like to be a costantly occupied person. To be someone who creates things and work long hours on little to no sleep. For them they dont see the benifit of waiting in line for 10 mins or to waste their reasources on a coffee machine. They have places to be, people to meet and things to create. They can't and wont sacrifice their time and resources on something thats suppose to be the antithesis of waste.

isn't there a tipping culture in the US? Won't your clients not want to purchase your products because they'll assume they'll have to tip the delivery driver?

People dont tip lyft/uber drivers. This will viewed like that.

I actually kind of like this idea.

Theres other services that deliver food and drinks and they have no problems with biking. Jimmyjohns does this.

I kinda want to show you guys the website and the name of it but we havent launched yet.

If you actually end up doing this I will invest in you guys.

Youll make a shit ton of money when starbucks buys us out

Here we have fleets of vans with coffee machines in the back that drive around to industrial areas and business parks or wherever. I get the impression the mobile coffee thing as a whole is thriving, but I see a shitload of the individual businesses up for sale at any given time so maybe they had dud routes, on the other hand I know of ones that have had for example exclusivity with army base and make a fucken killing. We consider starbucks pathetic and don't respect coffee chains in general, but we need to drink coffee and if a van with a shitty machine is the only option we will buy it.

Coffee cozis that double as business cards made of cardboard in restaurants and delis that don't have in house espresso/cappuccino. Stores would get a small referral kickback for each customer.

I've made decisions between restaurants based on whether a place has specialty coffee or not. Places with good food but no espresso/capuccino should be targeted.

Also is this three bean type minimum espresso or shitty American espresso?

Thanks for the input.
Which ever is cheaper

Bump

Starbucks is not in the "coffee business", moron. It's trivial to make coffee cheaper than them.

Do not do it. There is no real market for this. If I want good coffee whenever I want, I buy a machine for 300$. The machine I own is already lasting me nearly 10 years now and the beans are cheap as fuck. The coffee I get out of my machine is way better and way cheaper then anything offered in my area.

our entire society is addicted to the coffee drug. just realised that basically every single 9-5 worker gets a coffee sometime during the day. holy fk that's insane

This may be extreme but people use the bus/train daily because they cant afford a car or the gas. People like to believe that theyre saving money but really theyre wasteful. Like with lyft theres people who use it for short distances and believe theyre saving money on gas or on time but really theyre not.

If you're near an Army or Air Force base, contact AAFES once you're well established. I've seen food trucks do extremely well on my base, and hell I buy from them a lot since they're willing to drive right up to our ranges. When you've had people shooting and sitting around for 8-12 hours straight, they'll buy anything from you

It's not going to work. Coffee has high margins, but you have to do a lot of business in order to cover overhead. Having trucks and delivery bikers won't noticeably cut down on overhead costs.

Do you plan on delivering straight to someone's office? Office buildings in the loop can take 10-20mins for a delivery guy just to get into if they have to go through the loading dock (many high rises enforce this rule). That could be 20 mins just for a single $5 cup of coffee.

I don't really see the value of your service. It's normally just as easy for someone to go to Starbucks or Pret or whatever on their way too work. Plus office workers like using the excuse of grabbing a coffee in order to take a short break. And of course many large offices already offer coffee.

And there's already a massive office catering infrastructure that exists in downtown Chicago.

Delivering single cups of coffee to office buildings would never cover your overhead costs. The idea is dead in the water.

If I was your professor I'd give you an F.

Don't do it. I transport coffee, you don't have a chance at getting good coffee prices compared to Starbucks, did, and McDonald. They get there coffee way cheaper because of there bulk purchases. Just trade coffee commodities

>inorder to fule progress