Why are you not a Christian yet Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs
youtube.com/watch?v=WTUGadddOq0
lmgtfy.com/?q=how old is the universe
map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_age.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's a bad call to trust in any one something unwavering

youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs

Because it's fundamentally incompatible with ethnic nationalism.

plz go

youtube.com/watch?v=WTUGadddOq0

Judges 11:34-40
>34 And Jephthah came to Mizpah unto his house, and behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances; and she was his only child. Besides her he had neither son nor daughter.
>35 And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes and said, “Alas, my daughter! Thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me; for I have opened my mouth unto the Lord, and I cannot go back.”
>36 And she said unto him, “My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the Lord, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth, forasmuch as the Lord hath taken vengeance for thee on thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.”
>37 And she said unto her father, “Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.”
>38 And he said, “Go.” And he sent her away for two months; and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.
>39 And it came to pass at the end of two months that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed; and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel
>40 that the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.

I wonder who could be behind this post?

The most defenseless tenderness and the bloodiest of powers have a similar need of confession. Western man has become a confessing animal.

Confession frees, but power reduces one to silence; truth does not belong to the order of power, but shares an origincal affinity with freedom: traditional themes in philosophy, which a political history of truth would have to overturn by showing that truth is not by nature free--nor error servile--but that its production is thoroughly imbued with relations of power. The confession is an example of this.

What exactly happened there?

A lot of sin.

Oaths were taken seriously back then. Jephthah swore to sacrifice the first thing to come out of his home and it happened to be his daughter, so YHWH needed the sacrifice he was promised.

Why would I take sides in complex metaphysical battle of divine beings that happen beyond human perception and understanding? What if Christ is a bad guy? What if he already dead? What if Jesus didn't want you to be his follower? This is a farce, to use guy name as you are his best servant or a believer without interacting with Jesus even once. This is simply rude at best and unethical at worst.

what an honorable man :^)

really the demonization of him is unfitting when Abraham is praised for actions that aren't that fundamentally different. the only reason Abraham isn't equally reviled is because he was lucky enough to have divine intervention

I am not christlike enough to be accepted.

I still have self-dignity, sadly.

The fact that you are aware of the battle and are able to discuss it shows that it is within your perception, ya goof.

No he was an autist.

Oh I thought he had sex with his daughter. Hence bewail my virginity.

Because there's a corollary of Christianity that nobody ever seems to address: Namely, for Christianity to be true, God needs to be an inveterate liar.

And not about something little, either. No, according to Christian "history", God gave a first, imperfect revelation to the Hebrews, and then I guess sat around and rubbed His metaphorical hands together gloating about how none of them got it and didn't have a chance to get it, by sending inspired prophet after inspired prophet down with the same messages that would ultimately cause them to largely reject Jesus.

>B-but you said you are one!
>I actually meant three-in-one, not my fault you didn't get it, I guess you're all going to hell now lol!

there's a line of apologetics that originated in Rabbinic Judaism that he only consecrated his daughter to perpetual virginity, but it's pretty clear that it was a burnt offering (like Isaac was supposed to be) and she was just bewailing that she would die a virgin

>once God reveals something he can't reveal anything more

>Once God says something, people listen to it, and when he says not to listen guys who bring the sort of message he'll be sending along a thousand or so years down the line, well what do you know, people take that seriously!
>Truly, an omnipotent, omniscient being crafted this amazing plan.

because god doesn't exist

Blasphemy.

You don't have to actually believe in it. The essence of Christianity after all is like, adopting niglets and giving amnesty to illegals and welcoming ISIS combatants.

> it is within your perception
Barely within, humans are limited beings and they shouldn't pretend that they somehow know who is worth of following from billions of a known spiritual or even divine entities.

>God can't give further revelation, his job is to do the bidding of my nation

Honestly, because belief in god is a mental illness.

Abraham is widely reviled by non-cucks.

*tips fedora*

I am pretty sure that most didn't believe. Rarely people rely on God. Instead of doing what they want themselves. Even if God obviously would done everything better being perfect being by any means.

The sheep know their Shepherd's voice.

> God can't give further revelation
So... Where is his (((further revelation))) after 2000 years of silence?! At this point, it is pretty safe to assume he was probably just killed by Satan or a some kind of Lovecraftian Horror.

Sheep mostly end up being slaughtered en masse.

And?

Tjid is proddie

> I invent mental illnesses to prove my views! XD

And that is all you need to know about Shepherd.

It literally is a mental illness.

I don't think I'll ever understand this argument.

The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.

member when atheists used to actually talked about religion instead of ranting on about how feminism is ruining society for more then two years?

Yeah... Like another non-existent illnesses like homosexuality and denial of Marxism-Leninsm.

this good shepherd?

FICK you

that's what Veeky Forums is for

Going by how sheep was still killed in billions even as far as in XX century, there is no good Shepherd around for sure.

are you saying homosexuality is a mental illness?

Christian Theology is most pseudo-intellectual of any rhetorics, so it isn't bad advice.

It isn't. Like believe in God isn't illness.

Another poser. You think that hat has ever been out to pasture?

I know Him personally.

Coz threatening people with eternal torment and constantly undermines humanity is not my cup of tea

But belief in god is a mental illness.

I'm not saying this as a joke. You need to seek professional help.

You know, if you want a religion that sanctions holy wars and killing those who espouse degeneracy, why not just convert to Islam?

oy vey my cousin is a psychiatrist and id love to send some clients his way!

tips fedora

> I know Him personally.
Do you have any chat log or a photo with him? If you aren't at least that close, I am sure that you should be cautious around the guy. He can trick you to join some nasty cult and even break law.

doesn't matter, point is that motif was already in use before the bible incorporated it, just like how they reused Egyptian wisdom literature under Solomon's name and how they applied Ba'al's cloud rider motif to YHWH

I don't want to disappoint (((important people))) by siding with Palestinians.

Because proddie suck

Because I don't have a good reason to believe it. There's no evidence for it and believing it would be detrimental to my daily life. It has as much legitimacy as every other religion on the planet, alive and dead, imagined and unimagined.

So you think believing something obviously untrue isn't a sign of mental illness?

There's literally no evidence for god.

I talk with Him every day.

The Spirit speaks through all people.

>creation is not evidence of a creator

>I talk with my imaginary friend every day but I don't have a mental illness

Because ive been exposed to other religious and systems of thought which makes belief untenable outside of limited and blasphemous utilitarianism

Why is it a creation?

He lives.

the Spirit apparently likes to speak through plagiarized literature (Proverbs and Egyptian Wisdom Literature, Psalms and the Ba'al Cycle, Psalm 104 and the Great Hymn to Aten) and forgeries (Deuteronomy, Gospel of John, and Enoch although its non-canonical)

Because it has an age.

The Spirit speaks directly to our heart.

>i don't understand cosmology

Wrong.

*tips fedora*

lmgtfy.com/?q=how old is the universe

I can at this level of quality too if you want

The White were right.

Wow it's fucking wonderful that you get all your information from google searches and artifact-riddled jpgs but if you actually read a book you will realize you don't know what the fuck you are talking about and don't understand basic terms like 'big bang' and 'universe'.

Top fucking google hit:
>Until recently, astronomers estimated that the Big Bang occurred between 12 and 14 billion years ago.
map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_age.html

So the big bang occurred 12-14 billion years ago, or to put it another way 12-14 billion years has elapsed since the big bang.

What does that have to do with "the age of creation"? Literally nothing but you obviously don't understand this fact since you don't understand what 'big bang' actually means.

The age of the universe is the time that has elapsed since it's creation.

>since it's creation

just stop posting dude

No.

The big bang is just the point of no information.

Imagine you had a clock that recorded how long since it was first started. All you would know is the world is at least as old as the clock. But you have no information from before the clock was started.