How did you find your religion, Veeky Forums?

How did you find your religion, Veeky Forums?

Read some Tolstoy and Dostoevsky.

I was predestined before the world was to life in Christ Jesus.

I converted to Christianity after I met my wife and her son, inspired by the example of Saint Joseph.

Dont have one.

impressive journey, shame you were just leaping from one spook to the next

My parents dragged me to church when I was a kid, then I was a fedora in middle school and high school and then I started spending more time outdoors and reading Joseph Campbell and that turned me towards heathenism.

Visited by the apparition of a pagan goddess.

Couldn't be an atheist anymore after that.

kek

you do realise that everyone here is just pretending to be christian, right?

it's literally nothing other than Veeky Forums contrarianism

Are you sure about that?

i bet £5 nobody here goes to church

maybe 1 guy. all others are trying to "find" spirituality lmao

>kek
I'm glad at least one person here worships the true god of this age.

Eternal anglo detected

The Rosary

Praise God and Mother of God to giving us this beautiful path to themselves !

You dont need to go to church to be a christian. You only need to believe.

The temple of Christ is within you.

Literally 7 out 12 threads on the frontpage right now are about religion (6 about Christianity).

I hate you so fucking much. We need a religion containment board.

> I hate you so fucking much.

Purge hatred from your being

here we go, knew it.

too lazy to go to church and yet have call themselves "Christians".

I beheld the Almighy Glourie of The Amazing Dildoni, and I Knew God.

I answered, "yes."

It was never stated that you needed to attend an organized church to be a Christian.

I never said i was a christian, im an atheist, but christian is a very loose term, some people might call themselves christians and i have no reason to doubt them.

Also, no true scotsman is a fallacy.

Discordianism is fun for me

The road to hell is paved by popes

I never did desu. I still consider myself an atheist, but I've changed my mind a lot of the years about what religion actually constitutes.

Hell is not real.

No Mary no Jesus.

Know Mary know Jesus.

liar

If the world hates you, remember it hated me first.

euphoric

It's really Satan you "know"

Why do you think im a liar?

Do you have proof of hell? Do you know if i do but im jusy lying about it?

ive tasted it

Was it tasty?

Yeah bro, new life church members are totally just as christian as practising Catholics who's church has existed for 2000 years and dates back to St. Peter himself.

You just got to believe and you're a Christian. Biggest load of drivel I've read all day.

it didnt satisfy

Heretical Protestantism has to go

>Do you have proof of hell?

You see people in hell all the time when you're walking down the street. You don't even notice them anymore because they are so deep in the pit.

Just for the hell of it, whats your definition of christian?

Neither does bathing, thats why we recommend it on a daily basis!

Enjoy hell, pagan friend

And your boss is the devil, gotcha.

har har

wut

>A goy's life
LUL

;^)

Because you're confusing a literal hell with a metaphor, im talking about a real hell.

And i was saying that because i was calling you a lunatic, but dont take it too seriously, it was just a joke.

By being smart

Shit theology

Enjoy your heretical faith !

Long story short? I was raised in a Mormon family but was personally atheist. I always believed that every idea deserves a chance though so I started studying religion. I read the Bible and went to multiple churches as well as temple celebrating pesah with my jewish friends. Read the baghavad gita and tried to understand Hinduism in general. Also studied Chen Buddhism with a Chinese teacher who has a PHD in philosophy. Most of these religions where compelling but not personally convincing.

At this point I ran out of money for college and with the recession in full swing job opportunities were slim so I joined the Army. While in there was a lot of anti-Islamic rhetoric, I decided to pick up a Quran and read it. I was incredibly moved by what I read and decided to start going to a masjid to see how laymen practiced Islam and what it meant to them. I became a Muslim in 2011 and havn't found any compelling reasons to leave Islam since.

By not being proddie

what are you?

>Because you're confusing a literal hell with a metaphor, im talking about a real hell.

Well it is a metaphor. Even the Catholic Church doesn't believe in a literal hell.

God.. that picture reaches a new low.
I never thought someone could be this moronic, guess i was wrong.

So you dont believe in a literal hell? Thats good, i dont either.

Even if Hell is a state of being it's still horrendous.

Lul, you do have an extensive folder, i will give you that, but that does nothing to challenge my beliefs.

You can get out of that 'hell' thats not the case with the literal one. Well.. some people can.

I made these.

& million Jews didn't. Neither did the 350,000 people who were brutally tortured and killed in Nanking by the Japanese.

Hell is real alright, and it's what happens when people think evil is beautiful.

So many subjective things and im too tired to adress them, sorry man, but im going to sleep, nice talking to you.

Hey man, goodbye to you too, nice work btw.

Thanks, I will be praying for you.

God bless.

I read poetry by ibn Arabi, Rumi, Hafez and friends

Inspired me to read into Islam, and became Shi'a specifically. Haven't felt better since

Why Shi'atul Ali tho?

I was born in a catholic family, it's not so difficult to believe in Christ when you are told his teachings since pretty much the time you could speak, hell one of the first things I remember is learning the Lord's prayer and a the mexican/spanish variant of "Now I lay me down to sleep" which is called "Angel de la guarda" so yeah... I've been catholic and a believer for 24 years

who says I have to go to church every sunday to be a catholic and believe in God?

PROTESTANT HEATHENS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>9gag faces

I lost it if I ever did truly have it.

Discordianism found me when I was in that pseudo-atheist phase many post-christians enter, and it showed me the path to paganism and proper polytheism.

I ate the red agaric and gods of my ancestors started speaking to me through it.

>predestination

>mfw i was in church yesterday

You should go, we aim for receiving the Body and Blood of Christ in the Eucharist every week.

because god is not real

How do you feel about the fact that Muhammad owned a Sex Slave, and had a child out of wedlock with that Sex Slave, all while preaching against adultery?

I'm the exact opposite of you. I was raised a Muslim, but stopped believing when I realised that Muhammad wasn't this noble role model, and calling him a prophet of God is ridiculous. He started a religion based on Christianity for his own ends, others picked it up and spread it for their own ends.

When I realized you couldn't have rational argument for god or anything super natural being real or not. So now im a true agonistic.

atheism is a religion

>atheism is a religion

>former Muslim

What are you now, mate?

Islam is herecy. I was born into Islam aswell. Abandoned the religion after I read on Muhammed's hypocricy. Am now studying Jesus Christ and his philosophy instead.

Interesting, man. Best of luck to you. Any particular denomination?

You were conned back into faith.
Do you have to believe in the personified animals in any of aesop's fables, in order to accept the message they put forth? You don't have to accept every facet of the bible to be a Christian. In fact, i believe that all one needs is to follow the greatest commandment, that is, to love others as you would yourself. Nothing else matters in my opinion, just treat others like they matter, help when and where you can.

i got you famalama

>it was only 1 guy
lmao

I was Agnostic for a few years, completely put off religion, but now I'm reading more into Christianity. I still wouldn't say I belong to any particular religion.

Same here actually. Although I just got started with Christian Apologetics after finishing the gospels.

That's too early of a decision, for me at least.

No, a religion requires faith and beliefs. Atheism has neither.

Is there a religion that has a malevolent god instead of the usual peaceful ones ?

Raised in a Muslim family. Saw past the ritualistic facades and cultural malpractices. Studied the theology and it only furthered my faith. Shout out to religious people of all faiths who find a purity in studying its roots.

Any one of the three abrahamic faiths.

I've never really had faith. Been to a lot of churches, but they've never moved me. Read the Quran, New and Old Testaments, and the Torah. Also looked into Hinduism, but I've just never felt compelled towards religion.

That is the principle on which all of the commandments hinge on, yes, but the tenet of Christianity is to learn how to have a relationship with God that's personal, and involves no-one else.

Also, it's been a while since I read that image, but I think in making your hyperbole, you also completely missed the point it was making; that the fundamentals of Christianity are rational conclusions and that alone should be enough to support its authenticity. Some people may lack the wherewithal to make that leap to 'faith,' but that's because of a lack of perspicacity, that only comes from a continued pursuit of religion and a willingness to grow. You can't be spiritual without a sincere willingness for it.