Another day wasted on Veeky Forums instead of getting started on my business ideas

>Another day wasted on Veeky Forums instead of getting started on my business ideas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XL9Ri8pO68w&t=1324s&ab_channel=codek.tv
investopedia.com/
youtu.be/bk8mXMr3rvo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Variations on a meme

It wasn't wasted. You learned.

I havent learned anything from Veeky Forums

Well just write down the core / main idea of the business and get around to it later.

Or stop being a lazy cunt, get off Veeky Forums (For a while) and get a plan written.

go on /pol/ and you'll learn a lot

youtube.com/watch?v=XL9Ri8pO68w&t=1324s&ab_channel=codek.tv

investopedia.com/

Learn basics of Excel and learn VBA for Excel and make some macros

Perhaps mods should perma ban you from Veeky Forums so you go do something productive for a change.

Oh and get some arithmetic in, basic shit like adding/subtraction/ long division and multiplication, percentages and fractions. Some basic stats too, shit about variance and standard deviation. When and how to use certain graphs for different sorts of information (Combine this with your excel skills).

bring videos to me. we will produce more.. youtu.be/bk8mXMr3rvo

here we go.

I use libreoffice because I use gnu/linux

What are your "business ideas"

A website where you post images and text and people read it in sequential order

Really or sarcasm? Hate politics and the left

Make sure to fill it with shitcoins and bananas

Hating politics and hating the left is literally /pol/ starter pack fampai

I already know th holocaust didn't happen...still don't know how to buy an option tho...all the sites look different

Is this what you look like irl?

fuck, i laughed so fucking hard. my gut hurts.

not him but yes :c

I like these threads, it gives me the kick in the ass to do something like read a book or do market research.

>Always remember: you have the same number of hours in a day as Donald Trump, or Zola, or David Bowie, or Warren Buffett

THANKS OP!

I've thought about just leaking my idea to someone I know so that they steal it and waiting for it to take off before I sue them.

Basically getting millions while doing nothing.

lmao what would you sue them for, hurt feelings?

>Starting a business
>Waiting for samples from manufacturer (third manufacturer now, since first too we're not good enough)
>Have researched buyers, a list of about 100 potential clients but not contacted yet since I'm still pretty far from having the product in hand
>Have found people to market it for me on social media but since no product in hand, I can't really contact them before hand to ask if they're interested.

To get the products, the minimal investment is about 7000€. On top of that comes all marketing costs which will be in the beginning 3000€

I am risking 10,000€ on a product, I have no idea if it will actually sell.

>I am risking 10,000€ on a product, I have no idea if it will actually sell.
That's the reality of starting a business. Congratulations though. You've actually come up with an idea for a product. Researched it, instead of asking Veeky Forums to do your homework. And actually engaged manufacturers. Even if you only break even, you still would have accomplished something really awesome.

A lot of NEETs could learn from your example

Thanks, only problem is that I feel like I'm not getting anything done! It's just waiting and rolling my thumbs. If things goes to shit and no one likes the products.. then what? I'm 10k poorer with a bunch of shit that no one wants...

>If things goes to shit and no one likes the products.. then what? I'm 10k poorer with a bunch of shit that no one wants...
Yeah it'll suck big time if that happens, and there is a slight chance, but even if worst of the worst happens: You'll be wiser. You understand the process to get go through to get product made.

You probably already have learned, having gone through 2 different manufacturers, what are warning signs or like how to communicate a brief etc. etc.

This is why whenever I work on a big project, I keep a journal which I write in once a week or ever day I spend 12 hours working on said project: to keep a record of everything I've learned.

Also, maybe start thinking about the next hustle, research something, do some groundwork so even when you have to switch back full time to this product, you'll have an idea on the backburner. Always, ALWAYS have your next project lined up.

hm. images AND text you say?

posted in sequential order? hm...

I know it's not trendy these days, but marketing should let you know whether people will like a product in a general sense. By 'marketing' I don't mean 'sales' or 'advertising', which is how everyone uses the term these days.

Questionnaires, focus groups, competitor analysis, market analysis, assessment of competitor product line strategy, pricing strategies, positioning etc.

I don't know if these are all applicable to you and your product, but even for the most lacklustre commodity you can put out questionnaires to try figure out what people need/want/don't like.

Like you should never be in a situation where you're bringing a product to market only to learn that your target demographics don't have enough disposable income to buy it, or have far too strong a brand loyalty to switch from a competitor's product, or would never buy it because brand-name is the thing they value above all else for such a product, etc.

These are all things that could kill an idea, but which you can know ahead of time, and you could be doing all that shit while you're waiting. Focus groups for designs, questionnaire's to assess needs, figuring out how large the market is for competitor's products.

Boring, but it's all tried and tested.

You seem very wise and experienced, what is it that you do?

I'm thinking the next step is to find a intern to work on marketing like finding bloggers, youtubers, instagrammers and then contacting them, giving a free product. Luckily the profit margin is good on the product (2.5€ = 29.99€) so the influencers will feel like they've gotten a valuable gift and it won't cost me too much to give them out. Then hopefully they will market it to their followers. I will work on getting wholesale customers to buy my product, maybe even find a person that has already some contacts, and pay him a commission?. Web shop will be open by the time the marketing starts so there will be generating some sales too hopefully.

I did a survey asking what the liked about the products and how much they would be willing to pay for it. I got quite favorable answers. I could do another survey asking IF they'd be interesting in buying said product at xx.xx price.

Structuring a survey well is complicated. Like if you straight out ask if they'd buy your product....many people will just say yeah regardless. Finding users of competitors products and finding out what they like and don't like might be good.

Anyway good luck, sounds like you're getting a lot of experience.

but user its not wasted if you pasted
dont regretti the spaghetti
feel free to stay in proud or get your gay trap ass out
snow is white, roses are red, its absolutely right, i eat in my bed
>tfw autism is lifestyle
>tfw you keep it for yourself
>be me age 28
>stand in front of coworkers
>tell about production planning
>everything and everyone so important
>boss and bossboss as auditors
>while speaking to my audience i imagine what would happen if memes came true
>hear adelle and white stripe songs in my head at the same time
>i dont know the lyrics so jack white and adelle mumble instead of singing
>i abort the presentation 10minutes earlier
>nobody cares
>go home
>nobody cares
>grab a marker and paint my belly while drinking beer

All that time, money, effort, to get people to buy shit they don't need so you can get more money to buy yourself some shit

And if you succeed you are (((successful))), an inspiration to us all!

with you actually know anything after watching this 6h long video?

Congrats for actually doing shit unlike 99% of this board

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not very experienced in business. Why? because I haven't taken risks. Nothing beats experience, that's why I can't stand listening to academics and TED talks, these are people who have built these neat and pat sounding theories on the world but they haven't tested them. Compare that to people like Ray Dalio, Edward Bernays who have published theories or manifestos and successfully applied them.

It's hard to comment on your strategy without knowing your product, your point of sale, and most importantly: your target customer. Any Youtube or Instagram campaign needs to be a visual/photogenic consumer product. It needs to look good, and it's function needs to come across clearly on camera.

Otherwise you need to market on specs and technicals.

One suggestion: think beyond "feel like they've gotten a valuable gift" think about how your product or how it can be presented will generate more views for them. What problems for their viewers does it solve? What's a gimmick, a challenge they can use it in?

Good luck

This