Veeky Forums hobbies

What hobbies does the most affluent board on here have?

Recently watched the documentary "sour grapes" and was fascinated by the wine collecting. The fact you can own decades, even centuries old wine for the historical value. But at the same time, decide to consume it, and enjoy a wine no one else will.

Myself I'm gonna try getting into cigars. Did a mail order deal for a humidor and 10 cigars for $25. I live in Washington so the border is close to Canada and can get Cubans. Maintaining a humidor is a lot more involved than I thought it was gonna be, a lot of fun.

Let's see those wine collections, those humidors, or anything else you do.

What can you even find on a mountainside?

i use my spare bedroom to store wine. i have around 150 bottles. the only part i would consider a collection is that i like to buy wine from defunct producers. i started having a 1 in/1 out rule a while back because i was buying a lot faster than i was drinking it, and it was taking up too much room.

i have some contemporary art, too. if i ever lived with a woman i'm sure she'd want to get rid of it. that's not a cheap hobby, but the catalog prices are never what you pay - it's usually 10-20% less.

that particular mountainside is a ghost town full of 1800's silver money and some gold jewelry and old saloon tokens.

Completely forgot about art. I'd love a colorful contemporary piece or two for my room.

Sounds awesome. There really isn't many ghost towns in my area. Semi related I have a complete set of Benjamin half dollars. Never got into coins though.

>I have a complete set of Benjamin half dollars
lol I love wagon wheels

coin collecting is the hobby of kings.

Coding.
I'm not that into fancy stuff.

I collect canadian quarters. I got about 6 of them.

wine tasting

Gonna inherent a load of coins from my dad. I'm gonna have to pick it up again eventually.

Being near Seattle there is a rich computing community here. I tried going to a vintage computer club where many Microsoft employees spend their time tinkering with older systems. Nothing like a guy showing up in a brand new Porsche 911 and pulling out a IBM 5100. (That altair is a replica)

I got a handful of those and halves. I've been meaning to ebay them but haven't got around to it.

>I'm gonna have to pick it up again eventually.
pretty liquid anyways. Stick it on ebay and you're guaranteed today's prices.

Guns. I just got back into .22s in a big way. I like to buy them, tinker a bit then sell at a profit. In the last six months, I've made enough for a couple 10/22s that I'm giving to my son when he's old enough

check out the rust on this marlin!
legacy .22 right there

That you in the pic?

>What hobbies does the most affluent board on here have?

My hobby is collecting money and investments as well as inanities of life. The great thing about these is - you can never have a full collection.

And how can we forget rare pepes?

probably

compare

So it is. Rare for a user to post an actual pic of themselves

If I get doxed you'll find out I'm a millionaire connoisseur.

not exactly a bad thing.

How'd you make your dough?

Wine is pretty great. Once you start to understand the ingredients, the process, then you can really taste the differences in different wine.

And yes a wine cellar can also be an investment and a hobby.

I'm a particularly infamous janitorial contractor on Veeky Forums

I collect anxiety and sadness

You can blue that yourself, if you feel adventurous

I autisticly turn useful stuff into trash.

Take apart perfectly good mowers and bikes and shit to male monstrosities. Gonna put this street legal moped frame on top or a 4 wheel and drive the fuck out of it on 33-12.50 tires.

Find anything cool?

Kek. I cary a silver dollar in my wallet

Hey janitoro bro. Sup

Most of us here do sadly ;

>You can blue that yourself, if you feel adventurous
I know.
I did 4 years in the Marine Corps and it gives me perverse pleasure to let a rifle rot.
>Find anything cool?
yes.
sadly I can't show you what I found without doxing myself. Suffice it to say I've found over $12k in cool old saloon tokens.

hiya, oldfag.

33 12 50's you say?

some 33's doing their thing.

nothing cheap about wheelin

funs

The problem with wine is that some corks rot and break off into the wine, ruining it. You'd have to buy some special cork removers to make sure you don't fuck up the good wines (if you're buying more expensive ones)

idea is to drink it b4 it rots

1937 Oporto? drink it
1987 Oporto? drink it

Can any wines get more valuable the older they are or do you have to buy the super expensive ones and keep them for 50+ years?
You could probably make a buck instead of just drinking them

I honestly don't know, I always drank them.

if you can spend $300+ on wine you can fucking drink it.

After being a poorfag for all of my life and after finally graduating and getting a good paying job i am taking interest in top-line/luxury clothing.

Particularly excited in getting my first pair of high-end shoes and also high-end clothing in general (reading a lot about care, quality control, style, etc).

Pic related, going to get my first pair of cordovan monks for the spring/summer season.

became a coffee snob. not too expensive though, i just enjoy drinking great coffee.

bread baking
barbeque

>buying cuban cigars filled with chemicals

Dont buy cuban cigars unless its cigars made only with tobacco leaves and honey

i'm planning to get into cigars
I've heard (and this is based off studies done by the FDA i think it was) that if you smoke them properly (not like a ciggy, seeing you're not supposed to actually inhale the smoke), then 2 a day (which is alot, most people do 2 a week at most xD) has little to no effects

So yeah, it's surprisingly not unhealthy

That sounds like a great idea if you ask me

I autistically enjoy gambling on day trades, ie., starting a $100 forex account, and risking 50% for a 100% gain.

Thank god for shady non-US brokers.

I also collect books and music and spend time categorizing them.

Recommendations? I bought a cheap one since I haven't done much research yet.

Saw that too. Then at the end of the study they said more labels about how it's not a safe alternative to cigarettes is required lol.

Cool. Its all good. There is a ghost town near me that may be a gold mine of jars of buried money. It used to be a very large place till trucks kiled the railroads. Now only a few old people live there in camper cities. Cant wait to get a metal detector. Any affordable starter advice?

KekYap! Dad

Yap. Dad bought a projext truck and new shoes. These were free. Was gonna use the briggs but i got a 300 honda fourtrax that was half buried ina ditch. Got it freed up. Has spark. The handle to open the compression valve for kick starting doesnt work and it seems to roll over wayyy to easy. Dudebro says valves getting stuck is common. Another buddy said to try dragging it around in gear to free it up but im alone at work dicking with it. Probably just gonna pull the head and get a big bore or stroker kit. Not a bad project for having $50 and a w hour oaets drive in it.

Sadly know or id have a blower buggy or something 4x4 besides a shit blazer lol.

Kek. We will see. Kinda bumbed im not getting the briggs on it and fkoating around the lake but the 4 wheeler is done and has revearse and electric start. That means a lot for me since i have to crawl over and hang off the side to kick it with my left foot if not. Right foodmt is dicked

please dont buy the ugliest trend shoe in recent memory

Hope i can save this old peice of shit. It was free and if it runs i need a wheel bearing and one for the steaing knuckle but the rest seems fine. Even the plastics are good enough to reuse.

I'm pretty sure the cork won't rot if you store the bottle sideways.

I collect zippo lighters. Not for any particular reason, they've always fascinated me though

Everyone's gotta have a Zippo. It's a shame the lighter fluid ruins the flavor of smokes though.

I prefer the taste the lighter fluid has as opposed to butane

a few get mildly more valuable with time, but it might only be 10 or 15% above their original shelf price. wine isn't a good investment - it has a lot of carrying costs and after a certain point, it gets so oxidized it isn't worth drinking - it becomes an oddity.

it's also kind of hard to monetize the wine in a collection. you can typically buy wine cheap at auctions or estate sales - there's a risk that wine has been stored poorly, and there's only a handful of wines that attract a lot of bidders.

even the stuff that fetches big prices - first growth bordeaux or burgundy - is so often counterfeited that a lot of people are reluctant to buy it.

lol was that FTL Airport shooting? My plane boarded 5 minutes before the shooting and we still managed to take off,

My family called me immediately while I was on board. and I found out, could've yelled that the airport was just shot at but didn't want to sabotage my flight

the cork won't dry out if it's sideways, but it will still degrade over time. for wine older than about 10 years, you just use a butler's thief to pull it out in one piece, or you pour it through a sieve/filter to separate out the cork that breaks apart

Cool, smoking, collecting, or both? I've been smoking cigars for about a year and a half now, so I don't know all of the brands, makes and models. But it looks like you got a good haul at a good price. Box alone looks to be worth around $25, not including the cigars.

I've never had a Cuban, despite their cultural renown, but I've heard many higher end brands like Ashton, R. Patel, Padron, LFD, CAO, Cohiba, H. Upmann, Romeo y Julieta, Montecristo, Partagas etc. are of the same quality as today's Cubans, which makes sense since many of those brands were originally Cuban yet moved to various other countries when the embargo was put into effect. Cubans didn't get any worse, rather, the other brands just got a lot better. Growing, rolling, and refining processes were greatly improved over the decades.

I collect rare pepes

it's my hope my rarest will become valuable someday

I want to smoke. But it's really difficult to find a place to really sit down and enjoy one. Parks and 25ft from buildings are "tobacco free", I don't want to stink up my condo or car. Gonna set up a chair on my porch and see how long till a soccer mom ruins it.

My Cuban is a Romeo Y Julieta. All the brands have branched out to other countries.

I've got about 8k in gold and silver. I look at it like a savings acct. plus if shit hits the fan hopefully it will keep me alive for a few months.

i live in washington and can sell you some nice cigars if your interested

are you a bitch? get the fuck outa here

faggot

> could've yelled that the airport was just shot at but didn't want to sabotage my flight

Why would the pilot turn the plane around? Why would people want to go back into the airport with an active shooter? You're not very smart are you

go to a golf course. you can dress like a golfer if you want, but just sit down on a bench or walk around the course.

Goddamn this board is shit

I'd be interested

[email protected]

You can get cuban cigars since last year.

Also I always thought that the appeal of cuban cigars was that they were illegal, not that they were any better than other cigars.

>$750
>for those

>shit hits the fan

of course you buy physical gold and silver.

You can bring them across the border no problem now for personal use. But stores still can't sell them and technically you're not supposed to sell them.

I do say it does kill the "exoticness" of a Cuban. But I'm much more comfortable crossing borders without hiding them in my fender anymore. Tobacco from different countries can taste different. Cuba is pretty much the origin of Cigars.

I have a book collection and used to collect coins. Still have them stored away, and am holding a bunch as collateral against a loan I have out.
Not sure if I'll sell what I have whenever I get to then or if I will try and complete the unfinished series first.

dont buy those 10 for 25 deals, all those cigars will suck. go on youtube and find tim and bradley review, they smoke some from the pack and absolutely hate it. i suggest going to an actual store and picking up ones in 6-10 range. my favorites are don pepin garcia, my father, jamie garcia, recently had an undercrown shade in 4 dollar range that was good, romeo y juliet is 6ish and good.

i collect coins too,almost all mercury dimes, barber dimes, few modern 1oz buillion from various governments.

see above for recomnadtions
i had some h upmann cubans and they were fanfuckingtastic. for purchasing cubans ive found r/cigarmarket has them frequently from 8-20 a stick, and ihavanas website has them in boxes. depending on brand and shape and count they can be 100 to 500 a box.

so far my favorite countries sourced from, in order best to least goes cuba, honduras, nicargua, america, dominican republic

they still put that on the label because most people smoke them like a normal cigarette, which is way more unhealthy then a normal one

Enjoy your warm shit Elliott. Hold it on the bottom part oft the glass in your next life for fucks sake.

I love growing weed. Hope I can turn my passion into business once it is legalized here

>The fact you can own decades, even centuries old wine for the historical value. But at the same time, decide to consume it, and enjoy a wine no one else will.

Why would you do that? If you have so much money that throwing away tens of thousands of dollars is not an issue, sure, but that's just being very rich. May as well eat caviar out of some celebrity's asshole and feel proud about it.

I wonder if you could use a needle amd drain them into another container.

Kek. I had like 20 and gave it up. I still snag one on occasion and throw it in the car or camper tho. I like them.

Keep meaning to inro silver but every fucking time i get the cash shit haooens or its stupid high

>he doesnt know that the rich guys in suits get the pussy

>projecting

It's red wine you prole

my poorfag stevens 320

watch collecting, a patrician hobby

Clean model M

that's an F

forgot pic