/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Uchuu Senkan Kii-ii-iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii edition

****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed)

>0.6.11 patch notes
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0611/

>0.6.11 Smug moetel mod
my.mixtape.moe/lfnacj.zip

>2nd Anniversary Event page
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/presents-for-your-presence/

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' by antibullyranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Rex1121
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlinsquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact Precisionista

Previously on /wowsg/

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flags#List_of_Promotional_Flags
discord.gg/PEpdyy
forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/78189-russian-irnsoviet-vmf-battleship-line-–-recovery-from-wounded-pride-stalins-envisioned-ultimate-warship-for-the-ocean-going-navy/
youtube.com/watch?v=w9mv_7ys1JM
youtube.com/watch?v=Nrwbu6CX558
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Kii Yourself

Oh right I just remembered the other reason I was going to go Yamato instead of a German BB: because of this legendary commander campaign I'm going to be left with a 19 point captain I'm not using for anything in particular, when I replace them with the legendary version.

Ship I'm mostly trained for with 19 point captain in the wings vs one with 0 training and no captain. Gee, tough choice.

Will other Battleships retroactively get torps now?

They didn't after Tirpitz got them. I don't see why WG would start doing that now.

>Use A hull and get torps or use B hull and have more HP/AA
The butthurt this would cause

NA server but I get something like 150-180 ping because WG haven't solved the witchcraft of moving accounts to different servers.

T5 isn't bad for a premium seeing as I'm only up to Tier IV, I might actually drop some money on this game and get it due to my wanton spaghetti faggotary.

Thanks user. I'll just keep asking on the discord or ingame channel. If you see a newb wanting to div tier 3 or 4, it's me.

Most don't want to and I live in a shitty timezone so I don't see many players online.

Muh....muh dick.

They're not that great of a gimmick, BB players are retarded at using torps.

>Jake enables raptor yet again
Tell me again why is this man considered an ally when all he does is encourage shitposting?

I have a question
Why is HMS Vanguard not the top teir RN BB? I don't see why any other ship would make more sense, I mean she was the absolute last of her class.

Oh wow, I didn't know Ibuki could get deleted when sailing completely broadside

Thanks!

It's like everyone depends on raptors shitposting to keep alive, Luger at the very least needs him to survive

>raptor
>posts game screenshots
>posts webms of him playing world of warships
>streams playing wows

>other people
>post complaining about raptor

hmm

>t. Raptor

t.Raptor

Oh boy looks like the RIDF is out in full force again with the falseflagging and fake posts.

Nobody else wants to be bullied for posting below average gameplay.

Post some above average gameplay if that triggers you so much.

Because 4x2 381mm guns is simply too underpowered against the other t10 monsters.

above average gameplay can't be fit in a short webm
the only things that work like that is clips like easy dev strikes on retards who don't try to dodge

That's a mogami though.

I fucking hate the eceleb culture of gaming people so god damn much.

>IbuKiied.webm (2.82 MB, 1280x720)

This is a quality fucking skin

>all they needed to do to get people to spend a hundred bucks on a premium ship was get the Gundam mech designer to draw a skin for her

Who are they going to get to draw Musashi's custom camo?

All I wish is we could get them to draw a non-awful permacamo for Yamato.

>tfw, both of the Haifuri ships, are cheaper than a fucking camo pack for Kii, on EU.

Think I just met the most suicidal Yamato ever.
>Sitting in C on Hotspot in my Akuzuki
>Enemy team knows I'm in C, they've had me on radar like five separate times
>Yamato decides he absolutely MUST have C, along with half the enemy team
>Easily land several torps on him from 3km
>Hide behind island
>He charges after me broadside
>Land another volley on his hull

He survived it because of fat torpedo bulges, but obviously didn't last much longer. Genuinely don't understand his thought process.

Ram this.

*unzips*

>thread was kinda okay and survived whole 750 posts
>Raptard starts to shitpost again.
So, what to do?

tenno heika

STOP

Just let it sink.

>No smug flag

At least it's torps will be easier to locate and disable with HE than the ones on the Tirpitz thanks to the obvious location. Finding the tubes amidst all the secondaries is a pain in the butt.

I also want to share an idea that probably could have gained traction in Alpha. Destroyers still don't have citadels, but if you hit their tubes directly with a big enough shell (>300mm or so) they not only get disabled or destroyed but the shell does max damage. It's a drastically smaller target to hit than a citadel but it would take away the ability of high tier DDs to get hit by 10,000 lbs worth of high explosive shells to magazines and torp racks and only lose 25% of their health.

How did I get this flag?

>It's not enough that BBs can deal 10k to a DD in one salvo
>We need them to counter DDs even harder
baBBy get out

>Awarded to players on the EU server who participated in an in-game event in November 2016.
wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flags#List_of_Promotional_Flags

There's no way it has gone unnoticed since then. I'm certain I received it in the last week or so.

Is this Kii going off shop any time soon? Think she'll be here in october? she's placed in quite a peculiar place in my purchase schedule

>The following bundles will be available in the Premium Shop from 22 September at 07:00 CEST to 31 October at 07:00 CEST (UTC+2).

As an aside, can anyone explain why Kii's rangefinder is so abnormally large?

So it can find range more finder than other rangefinders

News on Italian BB?

BBs already counter DDs hard enough. WG is even looking to make all AP hits on DDs by BBS an automatic overpen.

>shiplets seriously believe the Kii is odd for having a normal sized rangefinder

>BBs already counter DDs hard enough.
>t. baDDie

>Not landing 10k BB AP salvoes on DDs on the reg
t. shitter

>I keep dying to broadside Torpedo salvos therefore DDs need citadels so I can oneshot them easier

t.baBBy

Rich & Lou when?
Kii is tempting but I already have Amagi.

So when are they gonna balance these?

What will the Russian BB's national peculiarity be? Good arcs and shells but bad armour like the CAs?

>literally says in the webm that it's a Mogami

Why do I get bullied in ingame chat when I ask for a link to the discord?

>Expecting anything but cringe and idiocy from Raptor.

good guns, good armor, good AA, good torps
))))))

>expecting raptor to have taste

discord.gg/PEpdyy

>bad armour
USSR never fell for all or nothing meme, so their top BB like Soviet union will have double armor belt like on german BB or moskva making them impenetrable to overmatches/KM CA HE spam.
Citadel doesn't look to be completely under water, so it will be possible to simply pen it, again, like Moskva if you catch it broadside, even for cruisers.
Also, judging by Moskva, their turning circle will be stupidly good for the size. Because))))))).
maybe WG will give them super long range AP shells, like those created for Stalingrad, for ultimate sniping?

Hmm, maybe then give them less guns than the others? Along with poor turret traverse and mediocre accuracy?

Sovetsky Soyuz at T10 using 3x3 16"/56 guns and good shells using the above limitations?

>Along with poor turret traverse
Maybe not as bad as Yamato, but doubt extra bad stuff
>mediocre accuracy
>Looks at Moskva
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

So the trait of Italian battleships will be accuracy and agility in exchange for less armour?

Probably not very tanky in general, they're not big ships so lower base HP along with worse armor.

>just bought HSF Graf
>already wanting Kii

Fuck, I'm not giving them more $.

>just bought HSF Graf
why?

What would armoured cruisers be like in WOWS? Lower level Graff Spees?

>just bought HSF Graf

Low damage as well, but does it matter when you're hitting 15km citadels?

Thank you, user. You are a prince among men.

Depends on the match really, if your team needs someone to tank damage then you'll be worse off than other lines, but in general being able to kill the enemy team is the more important thing, so Italian BBs would probably be pretty great if they're like the current T5 premium.

So t10

Monty and Conq
Moskva and Memes
Zed and gearing?

I currently have my Hotel built out for secondaries but I feel it's not terribly effective. Should I switch over to a concealment / survival build?

yes
secondaries are shit above T8

How do you counter Minotaur?

Have you tried shooting it

Not even memeing

spam torps into his smoke
radar him
blind shoot into the firehose of shells

IJN have the qtest ships.

How would they even make a russian BB tree? They had nothing but t4-5 worthy shit plus one class of 4x3 410mm battleship that was never completed.

>no picture like this with the two Hotels in it

Seems about right. I think Hindenburg might complement Moskva nicely though.

forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/78189-russian-irnsoviet-vmf-battleship-line-–-recovery-from-wounded-pride-stalins-envisioned-ultimate-warship-for-the-ocean-going-navy/

WG will get Yuri to dig up some memo in a dusty archive where a Russian admiral doodled a Super Yamato class battleship in the margins and that will be the Tier X.

Well, thankfully, Stalin had a dream about big ocean going navy, so there was plenty of various proposed designs, some of them was even laid down but unfinished.

For example, germans on unfinished hull of Sovetsky Soyuz-class.

Check this out /wowsg/. Glorious Yamato resurrected in VR.

youtube.com/watch?v=w9mv_7ys1JM

When do I get to bomb in in my SB2C?

More 5"/38 when

Neat.

tfw no VR headset

Neat

youtube.com/watch?v=Nrwbu6CX558

Oh please, Rapespammer, don't do it.

>The Makoto Kobayashi - Kii camouflage provides 100% bonus experience gains, -50% to the post-battle service costs, +20% bonus credit earning, 3% reduction in surface detection and 4% reduction in enemy accuracy.

Damn, second best moneymaker in the game with that camo no?

Isn't this basically the same as t10 permanent camo?