Satanism General

Discuss Satan. Worship Satan. Blaspheme.

Other urls found in this thread:

drmsh.com/the-absence-of-satan-in-the-old-testament/
youtube.com/watch?v=Gv8_WPwoSNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Another Christian heresy. The strongest believers in the power of Satan are devout Christians.

Satan is who has kept the church in business all these years.

>an Æutist
>using the fedora meme

How ironic

What is even the point? You just want to be an edgy dickhead?

>do as i command or you will burn in hell for eternity
>p.s. i love you

There is nothing more edgy than a godcuck.

Satan is essential for the divine plan. He works for God.
The whole "Eternal suffering in hell" is from Dante's work not the bible.
God is love.

I wanna mate with that semon demon

>putting the cups at the peaks of the pentagram and not in the valleys between peaks

Fucking amateur, good luck summoning Satan with your shitty setup.

>general
Kill yourself

Taken at face value from the Bible, Satan is basically Prometheus.

If you ignore the park where he does evil for no reason other than his own pride.

[synapses firing]

Prometheus created us, Satan didn't. Prometheus stole fire from the gods because he cared about our well being, Satan tricked a hominid into eating an apple for the lulz. Prometheus was tortured by the gods for his actions, Satan is Yahweh's right hand man and isn't even reprimanded for his actions.

No, because the bible clearly has Satan working for God in Job, whereas you need to make a completely unsupported by the text jump to say that the serpent in the Eden story is in fact Satan.

>isn't even reprimanded for his actions.

"He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years."

>subscribe to Abrahamic theology
>choose the losers
Fucking why

Apocalypse doesn't count, it's fanfic.

>trust me

The "satan" in Job is a title given to an angel working for God. The "nakash" in Genesis is the devil.

Levey's Satanism is just edgy hedonism. Theistic Satanism is the real deal.

Which is of course why God responds to the whole debacle by cursing snakes forever. Clearly it was understood by its original audience that the "Nachash" (It's not a K sound) was in fact a rogue angel wearing the form of a serpent.

Apocalypse was mistakenly included in the canon because it was believed to have been written by the apostle John. It wasn't, and it's no different than the thousands of apocryphal accounts just like that were excluded from the canon.

There is no evidence at all that the snake in Eden was anything but a regular talking snake. The identification of it with Satan is assumed, it's not stated in the text.

>mistakenly

Yes, that was my point to begin with. I was being sarcastic with that last sentence.

Mistaken as in they correctly excluded all the other apocalypses, they just included that one because they mistakenly thought it was written by an apostle.

Doesn't exist. Neither does "Satanism" because it's based on elements of other traditions or traditions created in the last hundred years.

>Worship Satan
>worshiping a created, corrupted, finite being

There's no convincing argument against Apocalypse being authored by John that isn't speculation.

He's clearly presented as more than a snake.

drmsh.com/the-absence-of-satan-in-the-old-testament/

Who is the artist?

>I don’t call myself “the Mike”. No one (except maybe Donald Trump ... )
Lul

>The whole "Eternal suffering in hell" is from Dante's work not the bible.
No (and that wouldn't be relevant anyway even if it were true). What Dante did was describe Hell in a particular way, but the basic concept of eternal torment in Hell and of Satan are as old as christianity themselves.

Jesus himself mentions torment in hell:

>42 "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung round his neck and he were thrown into the sea. 43 And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, 48 where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched. 49 For every one will be salted with fire.
>Mark 9:42-49

Augustine actually devotes a portion of City of God to arguing that jesus' proscription of eternal punishment for sin is just.

Here you are. Post results.

>Satan is essential for the divine plan. He works for God.
In jewish theology, yes. In christian theology he is the ruler of demons and enemy of god.

>17 The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, in your name even the demons submit to us!” 18 He said to them, “I watched Satan fall from heaven like a flash of lightning. 19 See, I have given you authority to tread on snakes and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing will hurt you.
>Luke 10:17-19

He is also frequently said to have power over the mortal world. Jesus calls him "the ruler of this world" more than once.

The joke is that Satan was made up so more people would believe in god and to gain more control over the common idiot.

Get out from by board ugly jew

Satan did nothing wrong

>[current year]
>not forcing the Infernal Principalities to sign contracts to you, instead of the other way around.

From Agrippa's Second Book of Occult Philosophy:

>In the infernall world, where is the Law of wrath, and punishment.
Four Princes of divels, offensive in the Elements:
>Samael = ìàîñ
>Azazel = ìæàæò
>Azael = ìàæò
>Mahazael = ìàæäî
Four infernal Rivers:
>Phlegeton.
>Cocytus.
>Styx.
>Acheron.
Four Princes of spirits, upon the four angels [angles] of the world.:
>Oriens.
>Paymon.
>Egyn.
>Amaymon.

From Abramelin:

>Oriens: These four names of Oriens, Paimon, Ariton and Amaymon,are usually allotted to the Evil Kings of the four quarters of the World. Oriens, from Latin, Oriens, = rising or Eastern. This name is also written Uriens, from Latin, Uro, = to burn, or devour with flame. It is probably from Uriens that a mediaeval title of the Devil, viz., “Sir Urien”, is derived. The Name is also sometimes written “Urieus,” from Latin, “Urios”, a title given to Jupiter as presiding over the Wind. Urieus is also derivable from the Greek Adj. “Eurus, Eureia, Euru,” meaning vast or extensive. By the Rabbins he is also called SMAL, Samael, which is derived from the Hebrew root SML, which means “a figure, image, or idol”. It is a name given in the Qabalah to one of the Chief Evil Spirits. Servants of Oriens.

>Paimon: Is also frequently written “Paymon”, and sometimes “Paimonia”. Probably from Hebrew, POMN, = a tinkling sound or small bell. This is again derived from the Hebrew root POM, = to agitate, impel, or strike forward. The word POMN is employed in Exodus 28, 34; 28, 33; and 39, 25. Paimon is also called by the Rabbins by the title of OZAZL, Azazel, which is a name used in Leviticus with reference to the Scape-Goat. Its derivation is from OZ, = a Goat; and AZL, = to go away. It has frequently been warmly discussed whether the word in question means simply the Scape-Goat, or whether it signifies a Demon to whom that animal was dedicated. But in Rabbinic Demonology it is always used to mean one of the Chief Demons. Servants of Paymon.

Anton Lavey is gay like Crowley

Study "Order of Nine Angles"
For real diabolicism

Ah, i see the muslims have a thread of their own now.

>Ariton: It is also often called “Egyn,” or “Egin”. This name may be derived from the Hebrew root ORH, = to lay bare, to make naked. It may also be derived from the Greek word Arhreton, = secret, or mysterious, in any sense good or bad. Egin, may be derivable from Hebrew, OGN, = to delay, hinder, or retard. There may also be a connection with the Greek Aix, Aigos, = a Goat. This Spirit is also called by the Rabbins OZAL, Azael, from the root OZ, which means both a Goat, and also vigour, vehemence of force; thus having partly the same root as “Azazel“. Servants of Ariton.

>Amaimon: Also written frequently “Amaymon”; perhaps from the Greek word Maimon, present participle of Maimao; and A as an enforcing particle; hence Amaimon would mean “terrible violence and vehemence”. This Spirit is also called by the Rabbins MHZAL, Mahazael, perhaps from the root MZ, = to consume, or devour. Amaymon is spoken of in the various mediaeval Magical works as being a very potent Spirit, and the use of a ring, with Magical characters to hold before the mouth while conversing with him, is recommended as a protection against his deadly, fiery, and poisonous breath. Servants of Amaymon.

Note that most of this Hebrew is wrong as Agrippa obscured his actual sources.

process church were interesting too, even if they werent realy satanists, they just called one of their 'entities' satan, allegedly 4p continued to do all sorts of shit for a good while after the church was disolved

Note that the Pact of Urbain Grandier is a very interesting case. It's one of the few scraps we have of a coherent historical infernal grimoire tradition.

The sigil at the top of the page is unknown at the time it's produced, approx. 1634, but appears again almost 100 years later as a part of Grimorium Verum after a period where we cannot trace the evolution of the mark.

It appears as a sigil of the entity Silcharde in the GV.

O9A has a nice coherent system but it's a bit ahistorical if that's the sort of thing you care about.

More like Satan was simply a figure in their cosmology. They posited a reconciliation of heavenly and infernal powers in the Eschaton.

If you wanna worship Lucifer just accept the power of the King Taus and become a Yazidi. Not silly american meme cults.

Wrong.
Agrippa points to infernal protocols as far back as the early 1500s but we have a long period of most Christian elaborations thereon through like 1750 with the GV, which while not perfectly 'darque' does seem to mitigate certain strains of Abrahamic influence while leaning harder on the shamanic aspects of the grimoire/Lemegeton tradition, UNLESS we admit the case of Urbain Grandier, in which case we end up with a transmission from Agrippa's elaborations through modern infernal workings.

There's more to this line of thought than Howard Levey.

There are numerous strains of Theistic Satanism, and again they're often ahistorical. At least the Temple of Set makes the effort at trying to anchor itself in academic reconstruction with modern conceptual elaboration. Their reading lists are good.

Except The Peacock Angel isn't fallen, it's entirely redeemed. The "Satan" connection is tenuous because if you actually read the qwele, it appears the entity is much more like the early Hebrew conception of Samael, being something of a divine adjudicator, the harbinger of all blessing and cursing, presiding over good AND bad fortune.

Tis true user

It claims """Kabbalism""" is a perversion of an earlier hellanistic orgin

Which is patently false if we trace the history of Kabbalah from Apocalyptic and Merkavah mysticism to the Hekhalot material, which contains one half the seeds of the Lurianic tradition, which does indeed lift chunks from Neoplatonism and Gnosticism.

There is actually a pre-Helenic contemplative Hebrew mysticism.

I actually like Long/Myatt. His material is novel, serious, and potent. He's just not coming at the O9A materials from a place of academic neutrality, though he hits that mark much better with the Pathei Mathos materials.

as some one with a fascination fir satanism, hermeticism, et al, I love reading the bible and other christian doctrines. tons of demons in the bible

The Apocryphal texts and various Midrash are more fun in that respect.

Lucifer is not a real entity, it shows up because of a mistranslation from Hebrew to Latin; Lucifer is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible, and is mentioned outside by "lore" and is really only a characterization nothing more.

so is satan still YHWHs right hand man in the new testament?

This may actually be true but we have various other entities; Lumiel appears as a light-bearer, though he's an obscure faggot and Sandalphon/Uriel are more likely to be stationed at the Earth element. Semyaza and Azazel appear as organizers of angelic sedition in the Books of Enoch.

more like lefthand man

but no, not realy

In the context of Isaiah it refers to the ruler of Babylon at the time oppressing Israel, which corresponds to corrupt rulers oppressing Israel, which can also be interpreted as the people of God, the vine, who were often nomadic.

Sandalphon and Uriel are the only two that would not relate to "Lucifer", but the other only relate to "Lucifer" because of association; rebellious, prideful, knowledgeable, so in a way it is just a different name to describe the same entities and whatever the persons perception of "Lucifer" is will either be a good or bad comment

>Isaiah
I know mate, ijs you don't need the name in Isaiah to find expression of these concepts in the scripture.

It's definitely a reason to learn Hebrew or at least look at it; people who say "Lucifer, the 'god' of this world, Satan, the demons.. the devil.." would then realize that "Lucifer" isn't real, all the terms about him are not original and relate to other stories, and is only a term that reflects association, the connotation being positive or negative depending upon the person.

I don't know why people who call a non existent being the "god of this world".

God is good and God is love by nature of his existence, fighting against him or labeling him as evil simply demonstrates you lack the faculty to understand gods greatness is more than you can comprehend.

Satanists are edgy Atheists. All a bunch of bullshit

Don't worry.
You'll be with him shortly unless you repent

>God made me, in his infinite wisdom, grace, and mercy.
>God made me without the natural faculties to apprehend his infinite wisdom, grace, and mercy.
>I was going to Hell before I was born, for it was preordained that I lack these faculties, and God absolutely 110% knows this across the entire time-stream.

GG, YHVH.

Except I've been posting half the thread about various infernal modes of practice that predate Howard Levey by about four hundred years. Satanism doesn't start and stop at Howie's Church of Satan.

>42"But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who have faith, it would be better for him if a millstone that is turned by a donkey were put around his neck and he were pitched into the sea. 43 “If ever your hand makes you stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed than to go off with two hands into Ge·henʹna, into the fire that cannot be put out. 44* —— 45 And if your foot makes you stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life lame than to be thrown with two feet into Ge·henʹna.*+ 46* —— 47 And if your eye makes you stumble, throw it away.+ It is better for you to enter one-eyed into the Kingdom of God than to be thrown with two eyes into Ge·henʹna,*+ 48 where the maggot does not die and the fire is not put out.+
49 “For everyone must be salted with fire.
ftfy

Gehena =/= Hell
Also Jesus went to Hell.

According to Aryeh Kaplan, Gia ben Hinom was the location at which fire-sacrifices (moloch) were made to Teli in the form of the Pole-Serpent Draco.

Perhaps he purposly puts false information for the proper atmoshpere and tone

Sure, and I'd not inherently disagree with that at an aesthetic level, but in terms of valid history it's only partially correct and leaves a lot to be desired in terms of trajectory of the transmission of ideology through time.

Satanism only appeals to me on the merits of it's embracing the idea of rebellion and sexual liberation. Some of the Satanic tenants and principles are actually valid and useful. But I find the same to be true of the Christian Bible.

I couldn't call myself a Satanist in anyway,other than the fact I am worldly and materialistic. Sure I despise religion and the hypocrisy of the religious but that doesn't lead me to follow Satan or follow the rites of a Satanist sect. I find Satanists have many of the same flaws as Christians however instead of Christian morals and values it's Satanic morals and values.

Well, various strains of Satanism aren't the only ideologies on the block dealing with rebellion and sexual freedom.

>valid and useful
If we're talking Howard Levey, then I'd posit he's only useful insomuch as he's babby's first summary of Ragnar Redbeard, Nietzsche, Crowley, and Ayn Rand with a dash of 'psychological ritual model' ala Turner's Ritual Process (published just before Satanic Bible, incidentally).

Failure to live up to moral ideals is a human condition rather than Abrahamic.

I've seen some 'Luciferians' have success with their praxes.

>O Self my God, foreign is thy name except in blasphemy, for I am thy iconoclast. I cast thy bread upon the waters, for I myself am meat enough. Hidden in the labyrinth of the Alphabet is my sacred name, the Sigil of all things unknown. On Earth my kingdom is Eternity of Desire. My wish incarnates in the belief and becomes flesh, for I am the Living Truth. Heaven is ecstasy; my consciousness changing and acquiring association. May I have courage to take from my own superabundance. Let me forget righteousness. Free me of morals. Lead me into temptation of myself, for I am a tottering kingdom of good and evil. May worth be acquired through those things I have pleasured. May my trespasses be worthy. Give me death of my soul. Intoxicate me with self-love. Teach me to sustain its freedom; for I am sufficiently Hell. Let me sin against the small beliefs. Amen

youtube.com/watch?v=Gv8_WPwoSNA

You mean that thing that hasn't happened yet?

>spiritual realities
>linear time

weu

It was midnight, and the Devil came down and sat in the midst; but my Fairy Prince whispered: “Hush! It is a great secret, but his name is Yeheswah, and he is the Saviour of the World.” And that was very funny, because the girl next me thought it was Jesus Christ, till another Fairy Prince (my Prince’s brother) whispered as he kissed her: “Hush, tell nobody ever, that is Satan, and he is the Saviour of the World.”
—Crowley, “The Wake World”

Now this word SABAF, being by number Three score and Ten, is a name of Ayin, the Eye, and the Devil our Lord, and the Goat of Mendes. He is the Lord of the Sabbath of the Adepts, and is Satan, therefore also the Sun, whose number of Magick is 666, the seal of His servant the BEAST.
—Crowley, Liber Samekh

This “Devil” is called Satan or Shaitan, and regarded with horror by people who are ignorant of his formula, and, imagining themselves to be evil, accuse Nature herself of their own phantasmal crime. Satan is Saturn, Set, Abrasax, Adad, Adonis, Attis, Adam, Adonai, etc. ... We have therefore no scruple in restoring the “devil-worship” of such ideas as those which the laws of sound, and the phenomena of speech and hearing, compel us to connect with the group of “Gods” whose names are based upon Sht, or D, vocalized by the free breath A. For these Names imply the qualities of courage, frankness, energy, pride, power and triumph; they are the words which express the creative and paternal will.

Thus “the Devil” is Capricornus, the Goat who leaps upon the loftiest mountains, the Godhead which, if it become manifest in man, makes him Aegipan, the All.
—Crowley, Magick in Theory and Practice, V

This serpent, SATAN, is not the enemy of Man, but He who made Gods of our race, knowing Good and Evil; He bade “Know Thyself!” and taught Initiation. He is “the Devil” of the Book of Thoth, and His emblem is BAPHOMET, the Androgyne who is the hieroglyph of arcane perfection. The number of His Atu is XV, which is Yod He, the Monogram of the Eternal, the Father one with the Mother, the Virgin Seed one with all-containing Space. He is therefore Life, and Love. But moreover his letter is Ayin, the Eye; he is Light, and his Zodiacal image is Capricornus, that leaping goat whose attribute is Liberty.
—Crowley, Magick in Theory and Practice, XXI

Thus, in low grades of initiation, dogmatic quarrels are inflamed by astral experience; as when Saint John distinguishes between the Whore BABALON and the Woman clothed with the Sun, between the Lamb that was slain and the Beast 666 whose deadly wound was healed; nor understands that Satan, the Old Serpent, in the Abyss, the Lake of Fire and Sulphur, is the Sun-Father, the vibration of Life, Lord of Infinite Space that flames with His Consuming Energy, and is also that throned Light whose Spirit is suffused throughout the City of Jewels.
—Crowley, “Notes for an Astral Atlas”