How many people here have actually made more money from a side gig/investing than their main job

How many people here have actually made more money from a side gig/investing than their main job

Or are successfully self employed (none of that barely scrapping by garbage)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/videos/2016-04-20/thiel-says-college-as-corrupt-as-church-500-years-ago
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nobody its obviously all roleplay

I'm almost there are nearly ten years of investing in real estate

You'd get more positive responses on /pol/.
Most /pol/ is comprised of rich, white, successful businessmen with big degrees in business, who are tired of immigrants taking their hard earned money.

im self employed
early days, growing, feel pretty safe

made 7k on eth last two weeks
normally $15/hr

so far since last summer i've made a half a day's worth of pay (~$50) from accumulating shares

put my entire tax return into portfolio though so hopefully the next 9 months will improve that

what is pic in OP from

I made about 5k last year in dividends on about 400k invested. I'm 31 so hopefully with another 20 years of accumulating I'll be making at least twice that.

Most of pol is obese white NEETs who think college is a brainwashing factory but have never had a job. You're fucking high

Reporting

I used to sell video game currency and made about $5k total doing it. Unfortunately, I've stopped since I am working full-time + studying to get into med school.

>1.25% yield
that sounds like you just have it all in a high interest savings account wtf

nice

It's not all in dividend yielding investments. Next year I'll be closer to 2% though which seems fine for overall.

Farming, botting, or scamming? I've always been curious about that industry.

Even Peter Thiel admits that today's universities are much like the Catholic church in the 1500s. Indulgences are now diplomas.

bloomberg.com/news/videos/2016-04-20/thiel-says-college-as-corrupt-as-church-500-years-ago

Is it considered a side gig if i just invest part of my paycheck in the REIT that i work for?

my stats:
im a beginner dividend investor averaging ~$800 a year in dividends with 9.5k invested

i make $10 an hour at my job and live at home with my parents

my only marketable skill is welding, but i haven't been able to pass any welding tests

i've applied to both a plumber and boilermaker apprenticeship, which will hopefully land me a career

i have a felony

im 23 years old

my dream job is to be a registered nurse, though that will likely never happen with my criminal record

the highest yielding stock I own is "SFL"

Im in real estate. I have been self employed for ~6 years.

You can do it!

2% Doesn't beat inflation?

I don't buy dividend stocks unless they give atleast 5% return.

Yield is not total returns.

but are you beating the market index?

I think I made like 9% overall last year. Don't know which 'market index' you're referring to.

usually people compare to the S&P 500 index which is 4.7% YTD

What'd you do?

Probably not matching that right now. Bought like 20k worth of oil stocks that are down quite a bit. Thought most of the bad news was over in that area but I guess not.

I trade crypto, I average around 3k at worst to 32k at best a mo with less than 5k staked at a time. Been at it for a year now.

Electrician, 42k a year. To be honest I'm considering going balls deep into this ethereum shit. Most of my bills are already paid off thanks to NEETs

Buddy i was on pol for 4 years before understaned biz pol is comprised of peole who hate anbody not nationalistic and i can't blame them.

bgive pole some credit. they are making sure there is a future for our white children u shitskin

I'm also into oil but I didn't take a big hit from it because it's not a large part of my portfolio. Might add to the energy position if they continue to go down. Currently doing 6.07% YTD

i got into a car accident when i was 18
i was speeding and a passenger got put into a coma for a week when i hit a tree (it was midnight, and the roads were wet), so i got charged with aggravated assault by vehicle

i wish i was a more mature driver at 18

how the fuck are you doing this? i been tryin to do this bullshit and don't get nearly as good as that

that blows, felony for that weak ass bammer shit? no way to get it expunged right?

life ruined at age 18, fuck this

you were a fuckwit, but i dont think worthy enough to deserve it

No clue, I think its mostly luck. What I tend to do is

Pretend I'm a person first getting into crypto, what would I do? Do that and drop out early buy back in during the dips.

Dont panic and sell during a crash. It goes back up just about everytime within a week

dont get into pump and dumps

check out shit before I buy, like really understand it so I can tell if its hyped up trash or legit

Tons of mETH and shit tons of 1st blood ATM is my bet for this month. Hope I helped user

>How many people here have actually made more money from a side gig/investing than their main job

2 houses, $100k/ea
>Or are successfully self employed (none of that barely scrapping by garbage)

Auto Repair
gross $1M/year
net: $120k/year
im cool with it. getting closer to my being half-millionare goal.

See if you can get your record Sealed or Expunged after some period of time in your state. I got a DUI, it's a misdemeanor, but I can't get it expunged unless a law is passed to allow it. Don't give up on your dreams just because of a felony, you're not a violent criminal just someone who made a bad decision.

Real estate primarily, also dabble in esports talent and products.

Self-employed. Bootstrapped my business on $5k after the 2008 crash, currently over $1mil in assets with hard money socked away for the next implosion.

Wife only knows that I get $3k out of the business a month so that she isn't tempted to start buying random shit, but we still live comfortably with our combined incomes.

$1 mil in assets and you only make 36k off it a year?

fpbp

I make roughly 3 times more trading meme coins than I do working full time as an electrician, I only work full time because I very rarely cash out, I keep the profits stacked up in bitcoin.

>i've applied to both a plumber and boilermaker apprenticeship, which will hopefully land me a career

white america right here.

I made my own bots.I would level accounts + farm for money.

>Do that and drop out early buy back in during the dips.

>Dont panic and sell during a crash. It goes back up just about everytime within a week

>dont get into pump and dumps

>pump and dumps

Do what I do, but don't do exactly what I do!

are you the wife? then yes!

>white america right here.

what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

>Real estate primarily, also dabble in esports talent and products.
Manchild LARPing at its finest.

I made scripts for RuneScape that would mine ore then smelt it. I would then use another script to smith that into armor and finally sell that. I think I spent more time playing with scripts than the game itself.

Is that a joke tho

>made 7k on eth last two weeks
>normally $15/hr

how?

Runescape was my first exposure to it when I was 12 years old. Was how I started learning how to make my own shit. Then, better games started coming out when I was around 16. They were korean MMORPGs, so very grind intensive...which equates to being quite profitable to bot.

>
>I made my own bots.I would level accounts + farm for money.
I used to gold farm frost dragons on RuneScape lol. Was making $800 a week at one point until the bot nuke.

You can expunge all you want. If the background check uses FBI database it will always be there.

>active investing part time
Hahaha good luck with that one
Thanks for the laughs op