Which majors would make the best business partners? For specific industries? In general?

Which majors would make the best business partners? For specific industries? In general?

math

because major doesn't fucking matter as long as you're smart and not autistic

Depends if you need someone to do the thinking, the manufacturing, the programming or to sell the work.

That said, your picture is a decent list. Life sciences though aren't very quantitative and therefore not very valuable unless your business is healthcare related.

>computer engineer

Whens the last time this was updated?

>stats in great tier with economics
Huehue no. Stats deserves to be there but econ is good tier, at best. Econometrics and forecasting, however, are God tier.

>math major
>not autistic

study stats and you'll understand machine learning better

What are you implying?

Financial Engineering - Technically applied mathematics but w/e

Yeah while there are a lot of autists in Math the ones that are smart & have social skills do very well for themselves.

Computer engineering doesn't belong at the top. You'll probably end with the same job a cs or software grad would get, yet you are worse off since you have to take so many ee courses and not enough cs courses. Pure EE or CS > CpE imo.

t. Computer engineering student that doesn't know what he wants to do in the future

How does a combination of bachelor's in mechanical engineering with a masters in economics seem?
Going to be learning a trade, but really like studying about economics.

*or electric engineer since I'll be focusing on avionics in the AF

The main purpose of paid education is to have a good ROI in the long run.
Specialize and make money. You go to school to make money after all.
There is no use in wasting time and money learning stuff you won't make money with.

If you are truly interested in something you would be on the internet already, clenching that thirst and hunger for economics material to indulge in. If not, ... I am afraid you might not be so interested in the subject after all, or have a dream that might turn ugly.

No MIS or Data Analytics?

I guess I'm asking if there are others here who have experience in those fields.
I'm currently reading the Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham as an understanding of the stock market. I have a book list of Liberalism and the Austrian school of economics that I'll be starting soon.
Learning a trade will come first, and I'll presumably have the use of the GI bill to further my education.

mechanical engineering and economics are not very related fields. If you like both, you need to pick one to excel in. Focus occupation for one field and focus the other for your hobby. And hobbies might eventually turn into bigger things.
But survival comes first.

I develop analytics teams focused on identifying cost reduction opportunities at a major aerospace manufacturer. Analytics and data science guys are fucking clueless. Learn the toolsets, but don't become a head in the clouds academic who can only do analyses that give nobody any value. Learn a trade, like pharmacology or something, and find ways to apply machine learning algorithms and shit to make your life easier.

Don't mine the gold, sell the shovel.

>CS > CE

you're out of your mind lil nigga.

Math > all.

But none of this bachelors degree shit, you need an MS to be legit in math.

>Medicine in God tier
>business in meh tier

So at this point (freshmen in college) should I go for being a nurse practitioner or getting a masters in business management?

Do you like doing the work that NPs do? Have you shadowed any NPs? The only reason why I ask is because I went into college with a lot of people around me wanting to do medicine, become doctors and all that, and they all left that path like halfway through their degree plan.

Business Administration. I know I'm fucked. Good thing I don't live in that shit hole called American though.

Interested. Any materials that you would recommend for getting started in data analytics in manufacturing? Soon to graduate with M.Sc. in mechanical and am now looking to self-study a bit about ML and data analysis in production. I think it could be a promising career path, a lot of opportunities there.

>god tier
>engineering

I wonder who is behind this image.

>Which majors would make the best business partners?

Law

this

If you are a RN, NP, PA, CRNA etc. you are NOT doing medicine. You are just executing the MDs' orders and are trained to follow algorithms. Full stop.

The only degree that allows you to practice medicine is a MD.
Stop spreading bullshit about medicine, please.

Also:
>Medicine not being alone in the most elevated of all tiers.
Saged.

Marketing, comp sci.

Agreed. I switched to Civil 2 years into my Comp E degree because a professor showed me the unpleasant graph attached.

I know Civil is not God Tier, but I think its one of the the most enjoyable engineering disciplines because you get to see what you do in permanent structures. Also you can never be outsourced to India. I have been continually employed since graduation and can move at will to any major US / Canadian city and find work almost immediately.

^^^^ plus you work with guys like this everyday. Dude's don't know what a microaggression is, show up to work hard and not bitch about life. Plus most union construction workers have pretty hot girlfriends that when hanging out after hours can open a lot of doors in the dating scene.

>Petrol Energy
>Still above suicide tier.
Chart seems a bit out of date.

>bust ass to make someone else rich

Keep building those windmills Jose

Gainful employment =/= slavery.

Some people don't want to own their own businesses.

Keep telling yourself that you're going to be the next nigger in a rap video by buying Milocoin, pal.

I'll be sure to think of you when I go on my next family ski vacation.

yes go for it, if that's what you really want. Many people do engineering/economics double degree or economics undergrad then engineering masters. It's a strong combination if you want to work in large firms or overseas.