/xcg/ - XCOM General

AHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYY edition

Previous mission
News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

"What lewd mod is that user?"
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1144417938&searchtext=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pistols are useful

Am I just a shitter or is wotc much more punishing in earlier missions? I can't seem to make it through the mission after the prologue without at least one casualty, flanking reinforcements out of nowhere are dicks.

which mod is this

>inb4 "git gud" responses

I've noticed a few new tricks that have taken me by surprise, but nothing that's significantly more difficult than before.

unrestricted customization

The Assassin will fuck your shit up if you don't immediately research Mag weapons.

>Brittle
>Adversary: Templars

Picked the wrong house fool.

>Adversary: reapers
>immune to explosions

Spoilsport

Anybody else have a theme to customizing a class of soldiers? I got tired of how try-hard and edgy the Reapers were with their dialogue, so I've been customizing them in bright and cheerful colors based on stuff like Hello Kitty, rave party goers, and holiday figures like Santa Claus and Saint Patrick.

Depends, any mission up to the first retaliation can fuck you hard or be a cakewalk. Wish there were a middle ground between the half naked rookies leaving half the mission up to RNG and the complete snorefest that is late game. I enjoy actually fighting the aliens and watching them have a turn or even two, just not so much when I have to play my turn missing flanks with rooks and squaddies.

Sure it's not her thighs?

Never seen this screen before.

user your soldier forgot her pants. She might have brain damage.

whoops
Do those upgrades you need a captain of a specific class to purchase apply to everyone or just that class?

That's the Shen's Last Gift mission screen. It's certainly a neat mission, though I found it hard. It's also a fairly long mission.

I would lily so hard

Pretty sure they're just for that class alone. Some of them definitely are, like the templar one and ranger one.

early WotC is harder yes, the tired mechanic and shear amount of shit they throw at you will be diffcultfor the most part.

The pay off though is an ever more overpowered kill team in the late game
>the fucking hunters pistol ignores 5 armour
>[fan firing bluecreen rounds INTENSIFIES]

>though I found it hard
The first time playing was pretty awesome, not knowing what where who, and the fact that I had not encountered turrets or mec yet it felt like a tutorial in a way, and having just started you could feel that sense of being overwhelmed.

In my second playthrough I remember it being hard but I forgot why, so I did later, like "bluescreen-plasma guns" later, and aced it so much I killed the Secto in the turn it came.

I really like that mission.

/xcg/ has a pretty hard hate boner for her last I heard. Strange because I've never actually seen any lewds of her

LW for WOTC when
vanilla is so boring i couldn't even finish my second WOTC playthrough

When is someone going to make a SKIRT mod? I want tactical skirts and I want flowing pretty skirts and panties to go with them.

I need panchira moments in XCOM.

It's odd that we don't have a skirt mod yet, considering the thigh slot is perfect for it.

What if ADVENT actually benefited from the weapon mods they carried?

Do the attitudes of the soliders influence their voice lines or just their poses?

Both

That sounds like a perfectionist nightmare, imagine how bad the clipping would be with bulkier leg options

>imagine how bad the clipping would be with bulkier leg options

I already get clipping issues on the Reaper trenchcoats. Skirts would be fucked too.

Really? You''re not joking?

>Repeaters
yeah, because we need the game to be more of a "kill a pod in a single turn or get fucked, scrub" puzzle than it is already.

I know for at least the normal soldiers attitude changes some of things they say and the tone of the speech. Hard luck guys for example are depressive fucks that do everything reluctantly

Only with the vanilla voices, but yeah, it's true.

Sabaton OST mod when?

this guy tapcat sounds like Norm Macdonald

I wouldn't call it a hate boner, she's just a cunt to Tygan. Justifiable early on, gets really grating later in the campaign when she goes GEE COMMANDER I WONDER IF THE GUY WHO GOT US FUCKING PLASMA GUNS AND HELPED ME FRANKENSTEIN OUR MAGIC ANIME BLOW UP DOLL TO SAVE THE WORLD REALLY REMOVED THAT CHIP IN HIS HEAD WHEN HE FUCKING CRACKED IT OPEN

It's just a matter of character development, and xcom 2 has none. I wouldn't mind her if she would just shut the fuck up outside of cutscenes.

Will there ever be an armor mod with modern armor like today's military that isn't crappy cod or r6 rip off?

I feel that way about Dragunova being a cunt to my favorite character Mox
I know they make up or whatever but the dialog is kinda cheesy and forced

Would losing troops be less infuriating if you could deploy replacements?

only if its a particularly difficult mission
but you'd still be permanently stripped of one soldier, so overall not really imo

I want to have a kill team in a drop pod, even if they had to be hero class, sparks or psi-troopers only, so I can hot drop in extra guy when i need them.
A single use drop pod that cost like three cores and can only hold one at a time.
>Deathstorm drop pods
fuck man official 40k dlc when?

What if deploying high-rank troops let you bring on more lower rank troops; instead of 6 Colonels, it might be 5 Colonels and 2 Corporals or 3 Colonels, a Sgt and 4 Squaddies?

not sure how the in-game logic would justify that

that's not how chain of command works.

All titles and ranks provided by Xcom are honorary and are not official military ranks

>Forced to leave a Mind Controlled operative to be captured
>Later get a Covert Op to rescue them
>Rescue mission has me rescue a nameless Forge template and not my operative
>Didn't even get rewarded with some fucked up soldier

your soldier joined MOCX, user

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1144417938&searchtext=

ADVENT Warlock got ported to wotc

Should have renamed it because we already have a warlock

no thats the elders greatest champ. These are his disciples

Should have given them a more fitting uniform then

no, what they should have given, was the ability to suplex people for the Warlock. He IS the Champ, you know

>better chosen ai mod

Wew. They're actually kind of a threat now.

Try them with the AI and the perk mod, good fun

Does the Warlock gun have any neat abilities like the Hunter Rifle and death from above?

it just auto-crits psionic enemies

that's it

not him but wouldn't that theoretically crit Guardians and Avatars?

probably

Yeah, that effect is not very exciting but stronger than it sounds.

I want to bury my face between those legs and eat her void rift

Since skirmishers are basically children in hybrid adult bodies that only know how to fight, who will teach them about society after the war is over?

Who will teach them about hand holding

>after the war is over?
Hahaha

>Serial on a Ranger

I just had to.

user, can you check something for me? When I last used Serial with the Chosen's Arashi, it didn't work for some reason. Does it work fine for you?

Good choice.

It worked for me just fine

Thanks user.

>Agile
Oh god damn it

I believe that the Avatar project was created so that the Elders could have functioning genitals again.

If ever get that on the Assassin I will restart the campaign.

I've heard that one before.

get back in the skyranger.
GET BACK IN THE SKYRANGER
GET THE FUCK BACK IN THE SKYRANGER

If you demolish the GTS before the final mission can you still get the few and the proud achievement?

If you build it back up does it reset all your purchases allowing you to buy all non squad size upgrades again?

they will be those in charge of the ADVENT Trooper hordes left over to fight the enemy in XCOM 3

Or not, God bless High-Ex.

So if you wanted to fuck Vahlen, got stasis'd for 20 years then Lily showed up, would you stay loyal or go for someone closer to your age?

>neither rule34 has this image
lame

Leaving aside the obvious* upgrades** in gameplay, which game ended up better? XCOM EU/EW or XCOM 2?

Personally speaking I prefer many aspects of the first just because they felt refreshing to experience. EXALT was cool and full of subtle personality even though you never hear one speak (Portent notwithstanding). The setting and plot was delivered with some excellent pacing. The only problem for me was... none of the aliens aside from the 'Lid and Cyberdisc felt threatening.

I do enjoy XCOM 2 but I can't say I loved any of the maps. The addition of melee was appreciated in its own cheesy way (it's the sequel, gotta have things CRAZIER happening!), but generally I prefer the worldbuilding in the first game more. Then again, I still haven't gotten through WOTC.

here you go user

FINALLY

rip the 39 niggas

how much is it worth gettign xcom 2 just play xcom with long war
ive seen some stuff from xcom 2 and it looks cool but i heard its kinda bug fucked or si that fixed?

what every chump aspires to be

>SPARK gets torn to shit
>30 day gravely wounded
>Don't get the Running on Fumes achievement for surviving with half health.

What the fuck? Is this because it was a reward guerrilla op?

>impregnating Shen instead of Vahlen
What a waste of semen.

Don't breed Nazi sows.

wait wait wait... what?
>world average missions lost - 0
>0
whats the point of ironman when everybody uses the console anyway?

No, you have to take a Spark that already has half health out on a mission and survive to get the achievement.

Ohhhhh. I thought it was bugged since I didn't get circle of Psi either. Though I did only get max focus by picking up a focus orb dropped by the last enemy so maybe that's why that one didn't count.

>20th of Feb 1999
>Base Assault with 25 Snakemen/Salamandrons
FOURTY BULLETS
PER SALAMANDER
AINT EVEN RESEARCH ALLOY AMMO YET

>with gene mods, grafted lab grown organs, and some creative bending they could impregnate each other with the Commander's spawn
>also the commander's spawn are sneks

> he fell for the interception meme
Should have done landed UFOs only, bud :*

The stats are universal

Oh boy. Party room.

TO BE FAIR I DID TURN ON 'Aliens will always seek base regardless of mission' OR WHATEVER BUT JESUS THIS IS A LOT OF MURDER FOR THE SECOND MONTH
EVEN LATEGAME JUST BEFORE MARS USUALLY ONLY HAS 4K/MO