>1.06 Patch Notes (15/09/17)
steamcommunity.com/app/473690/discussions/0/2765630416809899489/

>1.05 Patch Notes (08/09/17)
steamcommunity.com/app/473690/discussions/0/1474221865183656667/

>Wikis
absolver.gamepedia.com/Absolver_Wiki
absolver.wiki.fextralife.com/Absolver Wiki

>General information on Moves, Stats, and Equipment
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBCKJLmp8R-Lecohk--yGjLaiocSDDInZQdR4O8Zm0/edit#gid=1698220040

>Hairstyles in game
imgur.com/a/TlMXk
imgur.com/a/rm56U

>Where the fuck is XYZ?
youtube.com/watch?v=bhDUJMP527k

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/473690),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw just got a fourth tear chief mask from pvp

i want off this wild ride

>He gets masks
Check out Mr. First World Problems over here.

>tfw got three different masks by combat level 65, and now im 280 and have had nothing but tear chief masks

i just want that terracotta one

Eh, you'll get it eventually.

>tfw started my grand quest to unlock all the sword moves since I already have all bare-hands moves and all Styles unlocked

wish me luck on my pilgrimage Absolvers.

Veeky Forums post

why so ded, i don't want asg to go

post fashion and decks
discus fashion and decks
let's keep this alive

here's some Veeky Forums

and my current deck

>made this without realizing that's not an updated deck

>"who needs class skills and blocking when you can jab out of any combo, just watch"

essence miner set a best

I have you beat. I got the literal starter mask as a PvP drop.

P O S T N E W W E B M S

>IT'S TIME TO S T O P

each day i find people with dumber combos than the last one

Why the fuck would you even spam the elbow, of all things? It's like people don't realize these moves are so easy to dodge and don't have a ton of reach, meanwhile I straight up kill kids with underknee kick wallop blow, both of which can be step canceled into themselves. I've seen greymaiden using cleaver blow step cancels with her war glove deck to whiff punish too, for example, but it's also part of a full string too (the guy in your webm looks like they literally just has that elbow as the only move in the string rather than step canceling it, with the sweep as the alt). Like, there are legitimately nasty moves that step cancel into themselves or 2 move loops (like, again, underknee kick wallop blow or the reverse, depending on whether you want speed or pokes more), yet these people pick absolute garbage lol.

That aside, here's another webm of a runner.

judging by that dodging it looks like that dude thinks this is still 1.06

i guess the guy didn't want to take any more elbows to the head

It never ceases to amaze me how many people can't adapt to things in a game that's specifically about adapting to things. Similar to the jab guy, you'd think after the 2nd or 3rd time he got punished he might think "hmm, this isn't working, maybe I should try something else?", but nope.

Ranked mode can't come soon enough, people say dead game all the time but I'd be happier with playing the same 20 people who are all actually good at the game than thousands of shitters.

I didn't think Veeky Forums would be playing this desu. Have some OC (that's basically useless for anyone who has played longer than 15 hours)

and my current deck. It needs a bit of work but I've won more than I've lost with it.

I'm playing the game but idk what to talk about at the moment in all honesty.

complain about something.

show me your deck, user I bet it makes all the prospects drop their tear chief pants

I still run into some passive assholes sometimes who block and back up a lot, trying to find a way to use their defensive ability. It's just boring as hell when people won't fight you or won't swing first ever, it's especially annoying against windfalls or forsakens who pretty much just block and back up and wait for you to throw out a guardbreak for them to punish.

Feinting and staggering attacks usually fucks them up, but it just slows the game down immensely which I hate. I'm just like dude FIGHT ME, ffs. Last night I beat a windfall 3-1 but it took over 8 minutes because he would legit just backpedal and block until I threw out a guardbreak or some other move he could side dodge, and he would only side dodge. Once I started using my sweep string and feinting more I fucked him up but goddamn it took forever and I could never land a guardbreak ever.

I've finally perfected my Kahlt-only deck, I'm pretty confident that it's extremely optimized now. Hardest part was figuring out what all the starters should be to all be good to use after an absorb, and how to set up the alts. Bounce knee is literally the only kahlt move that can link me into that back stance like I want, but it's actually not that bad. I also have meialua/leg breaker/underknee kick spread out in the deck fairly evenly to more easily deal with side dodgers.

>passive forsaken are the worst
>just spam feints on alternating fast jabs to force them to play the guessing game on hard mode

That's what I do but it's still really annoying, especially if they're committed to being passive and blocking a lot. Nightmare mode is if they actually know to toggle block to regain stamina between hits. Like, if you are good with feinting and staggering attacks (putting in pauses instead of just constantly gold chaining) and mindgames (chain and alt mixups), you'll win, but if they're super passive it will take forever to do so. It's not annoying because it's hard to beat it's annoying because it draws the game out longer than it should go.

Also, idk why Sloclap fucked up the chaining of some moves in the deck editor, but both liver knee and jackhammer punch (the back alts) connect to front left, so I can always just alt twice if I want to get to haymaker quickly and reliably from the back stances. They're also my long range options, both are really good to use as starters to punch whiffs, liver knee is really underrated I feel and hits mid. Also body blow -> crouching elbow -> liver knee alt goes right left right and links back to body blow/haymaker, which is really useful for looping and for chasing people down. I like jackhammer punch as an alt too because it doesn't get in the way of my "fast enough to use after a successful absorb" starters, but I can still use it as an alternate starter to hit someone long range or to fuck up people trying to use charging attacks out of neutral.

>plays a passive windfall
>I'm a passive windfall

Its the only way windfall can be competitive...sorry user.

You don't have to be passive, use it in your gameplay but don't JUST do that. It's a dick move for anyone to literally just never attack first and sit there blocking, and do nothing but try to use their ability into counterattack. I do the same thing with absorb if I start coming under pressure (block a few hits, look for something I can absorb and start hitting back) but it's hardly ALL I do, it's just another useful option. That's all I'm saying.

I'm talking about people who literally just backpedal and backdodge and block and never attack first. It's just like I don't mind someone trying to back off to recover stamina but then if they're successful, they start fighting again. All I can say at least is thank god they reverted the 1.06 changes so at the very least people can't literally get away from you forever.

what are the correct dodges for all of the hyper armor moves? i believe you can duck all of them except furious uppercut, right?

haymaker - low
uppercut - side
grab punch - left or right depending where the sweep goes and low i think
hadrunken - side

so to keep the thread alive...
charge moves are bugged and overtuned, and grab punch is overpowered move, having at least 1 is the meta and it promotes boring and passive play, trying to defend against them rather than continuing your pressure
you will find 1 in 20 people not running at least one, at most

discuss

I'm pretty sure I've seen grab punch get ducked before and I know on more than one occasion I've successfully side dodged it (non-1.06 patches). Does hadrunken really hit mid and you can't duck it? I don't see it used almost ever anyways so I'm not too worried about it, since it can't be used as an alt. I was mostly thinking against charging attacks it's probably pretty safe to just straight up counter them with a ducking attack.

That said: even grab punch doesn't bother me that much. At least the way I've seen people use it, especially from neutral (ESPECIALLY after they used heal), it's pretty easy to know ahead of time that's what they're doing if they have it. It's also often the one and only charging attack a lot of people have, so in all seriousness I just straight-up block it most of the time and then do a back tripped kick or some shit like that to wreck their follow up move.

My other big piece of advice: USE YOUR FUCKING CLASS ABILITY! Seriously, people don't do this enough, it's one of the most important things in the game. You can absorb a charging attack, you can parry it, you can dodge it, you can use this to your advantage and just keep scoring free hits in a lot of cases. There are also a lot of times where you can outtrade an armor attack: if I hit you with drunken smash while you hit me with grab punch, yeah you hit me but I actually won that trade (and considering how armor works on low damage vs. high damage attacks, I won by a lot actually). Even just shit like side kick, you'll be ahead in the damage game. I only use haymaker right now (only Kahlt armor move), and it's great for trading with other charging attacks because it does the most damage.

The trick is always to learn your opponent's strategy and patterns and use that predictability to beat them. Charging attacks are no different. I still think grab punch should have either it's damage reduced or it's speed slowed, mind you, but even now I honestly don't have any problems.

>Grab Punches you in neutral.
Grab Punch is mid and "straight" but turns from one side and has tracking almost all of the way through the animation. You can side dodge it both left and right, but it's considerably harder to dodge on one side, so your dodge has to be at the last second. You can't duck it.

"Use your fucking class ability" doesn't apply all that much to Windfall unless it's against GBs and charged moves, which are the only things that style is particularly useful against. Yes you can duck stuff, no it's not as good as just pressing back tripped kick.

>playing since release
>CTlvl 370
>just now found altar in central harbor
well stick me in a dress and call me sally. there isn't even a trophy for all altars found

Windfall is notoriously bad, it's one of the things that's been complained about and made fun of for a while now and is generally considered the worst (alongside stagger in a similar fashion). Saying it doesn't apply that much I think is incorrect because again, you can block too which is usually part of it. In all seriousness in a lot of cases especially since most people literally just have grab punch and most of the time use it out of neutral to start their assault, just block that shit and deal with the rest.

Windfall's balance is another issue entirely, I'm mainly just saying that charging attacks really aren't that bad for the most part if you actually prepare for them and are adapting to your opponents like you should in every match. It's the people who just keep letting the grab punch hit them in the face over and over and over and over again even when they KNOW it's coming that deserve to lose, as shown by this recent webm of oroboro beating some guy LITERALLY JUST WITH GRAB PUNCH. If you know you're fighting a guy who is literally, LITERALLY just manually changing to back stance and spamming nothing but grab punch and you can't beat that, you're just bad, I'm sorry. It's never really this obvious but a better example is using grab punch from neutral which happens so frequently it's ridiculous, if you know it's coming you should be able to beat it. There are so many counters to it (this guy was a forsaken, he could parry it, for example, but he also had multiple double hit moves and at least one stopping attack, even).

this webm triggers me.
don't ever post it again

Sorry, how's this instead?

*spams defensive ability*

What did he mean by this?

>"i don't need to block, i have superior reactions, so i can dodge, absorb and hit out of every singe move you have, heh... try it kid"

>still_thinks_it's_patch_1.06.webm

could you post stats on that sword?

Forsaken: C
Windfall: D
Kahlt: S
Stagger: C

Pic related, when I said I like playing with only Kahlt moves I meant it. Webm coming up.

need advice on what move i should use as a starter here
can't decide myself

thanks

It also has incredibly high durability (like 320 I believe), and does probably like 70% cut, but it also weighs like 4 lbs and costs 4 shards. The fashion I'm using was made to look good with relatively good blunt defense (I think I'm around 53 or so) and use the river gladius while still having normal mobility. It also has the side benefit of giving me better stamina regen normall without it (I think I'm around 21-22 mobility without the sword) and being immune to gravity (which can fuck people who are right on the edge of a mobility rating by making them heavier).

What class are you playing and/or kind of deck are you going for? Regardless, faster is generally better for starting moves. The 95 damage double hit move is good if you need something to deal with charging attack spammers, the side strafing one is good, or any of the lightest 3 there are probably decent. Scissor kick is okay but usually outclassed by jumped light kick in the front position so it'd probably be redundant, and pushed elbow (the kahlt one) isn't great so I wouldn't recommend it as a starter. Obviously you don't want either of the super slow ones at the end.

forsaken, i have alts for parry punish, i am trying to switch it around and find a good replacement for whirlwind
streched elbow(i think) i had was a bit too slow but it sweeps, trying to switch end moves a bit and trying fast elbow atm

And another one.

Personally I'm a fan of evasive moves for starters, this is what I use for my Kahlt-only deck, where being able to hit someone with a starter from any stance out of a successful absorb was taken into heavy consideration: Whirlwind double punch is still really good, idk why you'd replace it. I use it as a starter in my meta deck. It ducks and catches people trying to dodge to the side and everything.

The game looks really interesting but I'm not entirely sure about getting it yet.

From what I have seen it looks like it could finally end my neverending quest to find a good martial arts character action game. How right am I with that?

about right

As long as it's PvP you're looking for with "good martial arts character action" then yes, you're in the right place. It's mostly about you choosing a style with a special ability and then creating a deck of moves in 4 different stances (front left/right, back left/right) and then fighting in Best of 5 (Bo5) 1v1 matches against other people and their decks. The server stability isn't perfect but it has improved a ton since release and will only get better, Sloclap is a small dev team but they're very focused on improving the game as fast as they can and actually listen to the community.

Do a lot of people watch the game on Twitch? No. Are there thousands and thousands of people playing it? No. But you can still hop on right now at any time of day and get into instant matches as often as you want and keep playing against different people every time pretty much. It's definitely more the kind of game you want to play instead of watch. Pretty much all of the negative reviews that you may run into are purely about server connection stuff, a lot of which has been fixed in recent patches. Otherwise the core game is solid with a lot of depth and longevity, which is why many of us are still here and hoping to help it be successful.

I figure they'll finish fixing all of the bugs and stuff in a month or two, no later than the end of the year, progressively (i.e. it will keep getting better and better over time as they release more patches). At that point I believe they'll release a bunch of new free DLC content, especially PvE content which will bring back all the normies. THEN this game will flourish imho. Just like with dark souls 3, even if the game "dies" all of the plebs always believe they need to at LEAST play the new PvE content if nothing else, but this time they'll be returning to a game without the old bugs in it.

Alright, sounds like I'll drop some money on it, thanks guys

>Not just feint spamming bosses.

They always fall for it.

fast as fuck

What does this mean. Does it mean you can throw one hay-maker and be gassed for 3 minutes?

Probably takes twice as long to regenerate stamina naturally, and he probably can't dodge well I'd imagine. As in, his normal dodges are likely super short, probably worthless.

What offsets this, less "I'm hit ouch" recovery frames?

Offsets what? As in what makes it worth going that slow? High blunt and cut defense, and using shockwave for stamina recovery I'd imagine, with absorb. Probably charging attacks too, though not necessarily, it'd probably be a stand-and-fight sort of build I'd imagine. Can't really get away from people since your running and normal dodge would be neutered, but you could take a lot of punishment. Personally I don't think it's worth it, even with Kahlt. I play Kahlt and can get around 66-70 blunt and mid 40's cut while still maintaining good fashion at minimum normal mobility, I feel like that's plenty. Hell, I get 53 right now and like 22 mobility and good fashion while accounting for staying minimum normal mobility with a river gladius and that's fine with Kahlt, I mean +20 overall protection for 5s every time you absorb which also stacks is actually quite significant. Going that slow would mostly just give you also super high cut defense too but even with the "keep shards after death" change I still don't see a ton of swords used.

I'm not the guy with 2 mobility mind you, but the use of shockwave as a stamina reset button now brought this sort of heavy armor topic up around when 1.06 released originally (before the bad dodge meta was realized). It's mostly just a meme though imo, you're better off just going with minimum "normal" mobility (or better if you want to use a weapon).

So is the game good or not? The steam page is mixed and lots and lots of complaints about netcode.

well judging by ded thread it's shit i guess.

Anyone wanna buy me this game?

Sent :^)

thx

3 - featuring strange kung jfu

I dunno im really bored and tempted to buy the game but £25 is steep for a game with such bad reviews.

The bad reviews are mostly old ones complaining about server connection problems, not the game itself. It's an indie game made by a dev team of like 20 some-odd people that was rushed out a bit (like a couple of months) too early by the publisher Devolver Digital. It is apparently Devolver's biggest release ever now, no one expected it to be this huge, according to steamspy it sold over 130k copies (steamspy.com/app/473690), and that's not even counting PS4 which apparently has an even larger player base. The servers just couldn't handle that shit, so a lot of people couldn't even get online in the first week or two because there were literally just too many fucking people for what was supposed to be a small indie game.

That aside, the core mechanics of the game are extremely solid and Sloclap (the devs) have been more responsive towards fixing shit and putting out balancing patches quickly and actually listening to the community than pretty much any other company I can remember. 1.06 seriously fucked the game up by making it super passive and boring (the dodge everyone normally gets became too OP so you couldn't get more than 1-2 hits on anyone at a time before they'd dodge away), and they fixed that shit in 2 fucking days. They have also made pretty amazing strides towards server stability despite the game being less than 1 month old, and all with a very small team.

Maybe I should write a steam review and maybe copy/paste it to metacritic or something but it'd probably get drowned out by all of the faggots, feels bad. Game is great though and only going to get better, and remember For Honor was $60+ at release and that game to this day is a steaming pile of garbage.

>Peak concurrent players yesterday: 910

that's actually not even that bad considering the state of things. i can still get on any time and start dueling people for as long as i want, idk why everyone says it's dead just because it isn't super hyped up or something i guess. really doesn't seem like a good spectators game, any time i see people play it it just makes me want to play it instead

Cont. Webm dumb
It's fun and will only improve over time. Devs have listened and improvements should keep coming

people really underestimate how big of a deal the devs actually listening and giving a shit is. it's like they never played dark souls or something. absolver is the opposite of dark souls in so many ways.

No one wants to pay to beta test. If the game gets better 3 months from now then it will also be cheaper 3 months from now.

Some of us would rather play a "beta test" than many AAA games currently on the market. Do whatever you want.

Yeah thats possibly very true. I would hope a sale to attract new players would be forthcoming once they've got rid of the early teething problems.

Fabsolver - Warrior chic?

That, and free DLC content coming in the future including more PvE stuff, new modes (including ranked, 3v3's, etc), and even new styles and moves. All this shit I can easily see bringing people back, especially considering how many people bought the game and still own it I'm sure most would love to see the game make a comeback to make their purchase worthwhile in the end.

They just gotta fix shit over the course of the next month or two, but the game is still very playable right now and they are obviously doing a good job thus far fixing shit even still. People are just impatient and entitled, it's unfortunate but it doesn't matter, they'll come back after shit gets fixed anyways and all will be forgotten. The core of the game is still superb and the dev team actually gives a shit about their game and the community, that's all it needs really.

>random shitter attacks you when you have 1/3 hp
>he manages to get in one hit for every 5 of mine and narrowly wins
>doesn't revive me
if you do this I genuinely do hope you die in real life, preferably in a fiery car crash. I also hope your mom gets cancer lol

>actually doing PvE in online mode

user, i...

>Dealing with shitters in the over-world.
Brought it upon yourself.

>16 posters

same as Mount N Blade general

>~1000 playing on PC alone

Fine by me tbhfam. Said it before and I'll say it again: this is the sort of game people play rather than watch or shitpost about it. It's not going to get big until they fix all of the bugs before they release a bunch of new content to bring people back and be like "here look the game's connectivity issues are fixed, enjoy", this will take a month or two. It can only get better from here.

I'll keep playing it as long as I can keep getting instant connections to different players for as long as I want whenever I want, which I can right now. I can't complain, really. Watchign the Tekken 7 grand finals right now and I'm glad this game exists so I can play it instead of that jerky looking shit.

>mfw the breaker Pushed Back Kick seems to confirm off of parry now

Damn, I knew they adjusted the animations of some moves but I haven't seen a single person block parry->Pushed Back Kick once tonight. No one is parrying Front Kick after my own parry either, they seem to be able to block it but not do literally anything else, which is fine by me.

how the fuck

The lowest I can reach is 8 mobility.

Alts are fucked, for some reason. Defensive mechanic is Forsaken.

Leg Breaker, Jumped Light Kick, Low Kick // Body Blow
Front Kick, Side Kick, Roll Back Fist // Handstand Kick (goes to Back Right, not Top Right)
Tetsuzanko, Spinning Wide hook, Furious Uppercut // Grab Punch
Pushed Back Kick, Double Palm, Roll Punch // Low Spin Heel (goes to Top Right, not Back Right)

This deck SHOULD have perfect L/R mixups on alt attack and regular attack, as in "push alt to attack on the opposite side as expected".

Because of the two first-position breakers in chains, you need to be smart about what you're chaining into.

Leg Breaker is the opener over Side Kick because Side Kick is much weaker from neutral as an aggressive opener/closer than Leg Breaker is.

You have an infinite anti-charged attack loop in the form of Pushed Back Kick, Double Palm, alt Handstand Kick, Pushed Back Kick. You can simply go Front Kick instead of alt Handstand Kick and stop the chain there if you don't think your opponent will be dumb enough to try a fourth time.

Furious Uppercut is the least used move in the entire deck, since most people will go super defensive after getting Spinning Wide Hook'd. I have it in there for the novelty of going Uppercut into alt Grab Punch, but it might be better to use an evasive sweeping attack or a fast jab with the intent of feinting Spinning Wide Hook. (Furious Uppercut is a pretty mediocre followup to feinted Spinning Wide Hook, and alt Body Blow isn't much better.)

>get parried
>block the attack afterwards

Feels good.

I just got this, and I'm determined to play with Windfall. What's the best way to learn attacks and get a handle on the movelist creation? Just progressing through PvE stuff, or should I try fighting other players?

Windfall is the most skill intensive class despite what Forsakebabies will spout. You will have to pay attention to 4 directions of attacks and everyone else will have to worry about 2 or none.

Windfall sucks as a beginner but you will be a god with Forsaken if you struggled with windfall for a week.

I'll stick with it for now then, and consider respeccing later if that's a possibility. I've heard Windfall has problems and have already noticed that it doesn't really give you enough time to punish after a dodge, but I always loved God Hand's dodge system and this seems like the closest thing I've seen in years. I'm hoping I'll be able to find something that works once I get a few more attacks unlocked.

Im building a stagger deck, I have all moves unlocked. Any advice, lads?

>muh four directions

Is it a thrust? Can sidedodge in either direction.

Is it a SLOW thrust? You don't get punished for dodging early.

All sweeps are a 50/50 and are almost always much easier to distinguish between high/low than left/right. I'm serious.

It is easier to avoid damage with, well, Avoid. What's true is that your payoff for doing so is much, much lower, to the point where you wonder if you wouldn't have been better off just using an evasive attack instead.

Every good windfall I've run into only sidedodges, so in reality they only have to worry about 2 directions. They just block until you throw out a guardbreak or some other move they can sidestep or just do it on reaction if they're good enough.