/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

SCRAWWWWWWWWW

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳TGS Trailer 9/19: youtube.com/watch?v=xtT5GIViSXo
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>More News
-Monster Hunter Stories is out now! youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. is out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n8XwmzclMyA
youtube.com/watch?v=wFLfrRfIc5A
youtube.com/watch?v=L5WzKkHUBBE
youtube.com/watch?v=K_WK5cMyv_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's WROOOOOOOOOOO not scraw you stupid nigger

Reminder that nobody can still properly explain what exactly is wrong with MHXX

Or MHW

I can't play it on my tv in English.
Also, when the hell are we getting more MHW info now that TGS is over

Deviant tickets are still a thing

>tfw no palico jazz band in MH:W
youtube.com/watch?v=n8XwmzclMyA

>world will rather use the deviant upgrade system than having ranks
This better not be true

The level bar is for your monster research, dumdum. It makes your Scoutflies track better and gives more info in your Hunter Notes.

Not him but
>track better
How?do they purposely mislead you until they upgrade?

I assume it means you won't need to check as many footprints and shit, and eventually they'll make a (literal) beeline for the monster from the start of the hunt

This, and it fills out the hunters notes, and in world the hunters notes are a in game wiki pretty much with everything you will ever need.

I can already imagine a lot of new shitters getting fucked over by this because their scout flies upgrade for anjanath when they needed to hunt jagras or some shit

You can pretty easily tell them what you want em to start tracking in the map, But I'm sure some kid will get it wrong, a guy from IGN during a gameplay demo tracked the wrong monster for a good 10 mins, even when his team was already fighting the right one.

Reminds me of the Nippon busy dying to diablos like a shitter while his team killed barroth

deviat tickets are like damage numbers in MH:W, you can turn them off if you do not want to see them

best waifu

>him

How is proof of a hero not the best game theme ever?

>xe

Does epona have top tier stats?

Because

youtube.com/watch?v=wFLfrRfIc5A

What?

Did you post in the wrong thread?

That sounds stupid.

New MHS dlc is zelda

It's too over the top and anime.

I like the Dragon Quest Overture just a bit better

You can ride Epona?

guys guys I'm in hr7 in mh4u. Should I craft any armor sets/weapons from the monsters on this tier? I'm looking at gold ian/silver los/daora/teostra and their sets/weapons don't seem particularly good

also wtf how do I fight akantor, he oneshots me and I cant' even read his animations despite him being so slow

Impregnating the Handler haha

Ride epona, link outfit for player and majoras mask for navirou.
I just wanted to know stats

Silver/Gold have some pretty good weapons, depending on the weapon type. And the Silver set is good for evasion clownsuits in my experience. Teo weapons are good for blast and a ton of other weapons need that bastard's parts for some reason. Kushala has some of the only Ice weapons worth a shit.

Can't you just save edit it in and see?

I'm at work atm, can't get to it.
Hopefully someone can sus soon

Do you have any pierce HBG fo Akantor?

Shredding his ankles with any fast Lightning or Dragon weapon works too

So the new icons are from stories?

beaten in its own game

youtube.com/watch?v=L5WzKkHUBBE

I feel like playing some 3U now.

Does literally anyone eat Well Done Steaks? They take way too long to eat when you could just pop energy drinks.

They're good early game until you can get the farm going and your kitchen upgraded

Should I join Blanche or keep playing with randoms?

It depends. Farming with the bot is a lot easier than farming with randoms. But playing with randoms can be a lot more exciting since you won't have the bot just rape the monster in 2 minutes.

Yeah this is true. I'll save the bot for when I need some new armor or 140 grinding. Right now I'm having fun trying to kill Fatalis before everyone dies. When I finally get memeruin it'll feel like a true accomplishment this way.

Bot? Blanche?
What

its up

youtube.com/watch?v=K_WK5cMyv_s

We've all already seen the actual footage during TGS, don't give these leeches any ad revenue.

They're Discord shiposters. Just report and ignore them.

Fair enough.

Was there anything super awesome that cropped up this weekend? I've been in the dark since friday. I'm not too interested in exploring areas I'll do that when I get the game but did any other interesting information crop up?

who the h*ck doesn't block ads in the year 2017 of the gregorian calendar?

>>h*ck
frick dude, watch the language

So, I'll get started with monhun, unfortunately, I don't have any handheld to play it properly, so I'll have to emulate. Which of the two options in OP (FU and p3rd) is the best?

I am looking forward to being screamed at through the mic because I don't lead the weaker monster to where the apex predator is and just want to fight it instead. Worlds online is going to be so much fun!

P3rd is closer to the latest games
FU if you want grandpa street cred

P3rd
It won't have a proper weapon tutorial but it's a billion times more polished than FU and closely resembles recent games.

FU is yusuf cred.
Grandpa cred is F1 and older.

P3rd is a lot more accessible and closer to how the recent games play. FU, while fun, can be incredibly annoying and a chore to slog through at times.

I ironically agree with you.

What armour is that blue rebreather set from?

>Palicos now know "monsterspeak"
2pokemon4me

In World'st've?

the new drome with the flashing ear things

>using voice chat for anything but playing with friends

More moral than brainwashing magic stones though!

thanks, wasn't sure if it was the butterfly gore magala looking thing

>you're out on a hunt while the handler is giving instruction from camp
>scout flies highlight some tracks
>"Those look like Pukei-Pukei tracks! Fresh too! He must be somewhere close!"
>"Look around fo-hey...I think i hear some-"*sounds of struggle*
>"Urgh! Get off me you dumb lizard! My hunter will be here any second so- hey! Watch that tongue!"
>"Where do you think you're grabbing!"
>"M-My pants! Give those back! I nee-nngghhh!"
>"Oh, god! Please get to camp quick! I can't ta-oohhhh god!"
>*Heavy Moaning*
>"P-please stop! You don't even deserve to be made into armo-*moan*"
>You finally make it back to camp and the handler is pantsless and the rest of her clothes are shredded.
>Shes left quivering in a daze and totally covered in wet sticky slime.

Is it really brainwashing? Maybe your monsties become friendly to you because they're bestowed sapience by it.

>Maybe your monsties become friendly to you because they're bestowed sapience by it.
That is correct
I just said "brainwashing" because I think it'll be funny to rile up some riders here.

Pls no bully

It's not new.

Sweet, thanks.

Why would gaining sentience make them friendly though?
Isn't Fatalist sapient too? And he fucking hates us all.

It doesn't bestow sapience, it's a mental link that lets it understand you.

Because it translates your thoughts to one another, and if you're not retarded, there becomes a mutual understanding. That's why Sasuke's Rathian fucked off against his orders because he was going full retard.

What's the most powerful monster in the series?

My peenus weenus of course :^)

khezu in my pants

probably one of the frontier OC donut steels that can delete the universe if they're in a bad mood.

idk, hard to compare all the monsters with their paragraph or two of lore. If I had to guess I'd have to say Narkarkos just because it's the most predatory of any monster we've hunted.

If we're talking sheer power, pretty sure the Rajang could outdo most of the final boss monsters.

Not considering Frontier monsters because of obvious reasons.

I don't think this is going to happen as much as people seem to claim.

I mean it takes a long time to drag a monster across the map, then the bigger badder monster attacks it once and causes the weaker one to flee again, then they are stuck with the bigger badder monster.

I'm sure some people will do it every now and again just to check it out but once they've done it just to see it happen the most people won't bother wasting that much time. Same with visiting the box in the middle of a hunt. Sure, some shitters will but it takes so much time most people won't bother. Also there's the risk that the monster is killed by other hunters while you're away so you miss out on carves. That will probably be enough to discourage shitters from going to the box to get another pile of potions

grandpa

Monstie Adventure Tales' trophy implies your monsties tried to write a report to you but failed because they're illiterate.
It's probably there just for the cute factor instead of being logic to it.
>Isn't Fatalist sapient too?
Post 1 (one) source to this wiki shit.

Hunters

Is it confirmed you can restock from the item box in the middle of a hunt and not just at the start?

>spend 5 minutes luring the monster around the map looking for the other monster
>or keep hitting it for 5 minutes
which do you shitters actually think does more damage

I appreciate this argument, but what if there's a drop for [upgrade] that requires the more obscure method?

What if your mom always lied when she told you she loves you?

in this case the mechanic would be really obnoxious and I wouldn't like it, but I don't really know why you'd assume something like that is implemented.

The way I hope they've done it, is just a cool little interaction that happens once in a while, that makes Monster Hunter a bit more immersive. It was always a bit weird that two different species would completely ignore eachother and fight the small hunters.

You may have presented a sound arguent, but what if RNG sics an [invader] while you're chasing the fleeing monster?

Just give me a pc date already

I mention it because we already have specific tear drop drop rates, this would just be another way to do so.

White Fatalis is basically god

How do you date a pc? Isn't that forbidden love?

Q1 2019

Is that Gravios?? He lost some weight!

I might hate fighting zinogres with hammer, but I have to appreciate how easy it is to hit their head once they're KO'd.