What was the end goal here?

What was the end goal here?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantropa
youtube.com/watch?v=SDqF7hlFDgk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bust as many nuts as possible and get out without paying any child support

Using chinks as a natural resource.

Fertile chink vagoo is a national resource?

Initially to secure there hold on Korea and then if a bunch of imperialist europeans are telling you to stop or else you have to keep going and hope you can grab enough resources and do enough damage that it's too expensive to stop you.

before

after

East
Asian
Co-Prosperity
Sphere.

Didn't work out well for the Japs

Imperial ambition that bumped afainst american trade interests in east asia and led to the Pacific War

Hahaha this is delusional

There wasn't one. Hell, a lot of the wars were started without approval from the top level of command, simply individual officers trying to start shit and drag the rest of Japan behind them for personal career advancement.

Are you retarded

Something like so?

They didn't have any plans for the Americas in real life but the Eurasia borders are based on the actual agreement Japan and Germany made to split their conquests. Also I am super hyped for season 2, TMITHC was even better than I hoped.

that was mostly just kwantung army in manchuria. the second sino-japanese war was really kicked into high gear by chiang kai-shek while the war with the western powers was a deliberate decision from the high command.

That Mediterranean never stops looking completely retarded no matter how many times I see it.

its kind of all in the name, really. japan believed that east asian peoples had to stand up together to western domination and must modernize, following japan's example explicitly, to actually be able to do so. however, at the same time, they believed the only way to do this was under exclusive japanese leadership.

certain regions were to be annexed(korea, sakhalin, taiwan, hainan weirdly, and manchuria eventually) while others were to have varying degrees of independence.

this policy got more loose and ad-hoc the more the empire grew beyond the original area of north east asia.

That's a bunch of Japanese propaganda bullshit. They wanted to do their own imperialism by killing the chinese they hated and conquering everyone else they saw as inferior.

ANIME A CUTE
CUTE!

>germany gets the semites
>japan gets the aryans
pottery.

it really isn't. they definitely believed that the japanese were head and shoulders above the rest of the east asians, but equally believed in concept of "great east asian co-prosperity". hell, this why they would industrialize places like taiwan, manchuria, and korea and not leave them as backwards resource hinterlands.

and they may not have had much love for the chinese or others as "inferior" but they weren't driven by some meme ideology of "we superior, therefore we conquer ALL". japanese imperialism was highly opportunistic and reactionary, there was very, very rarely any sort of underlying unifying ideology besides that empire(the definition of which was always debated internally) was key to it.

a lot more nuance to it than "the japanese were evil"

>a lot more nuance to it than "the japanese were evil"

I'm actually willing to say that Japanese history from 1928 to 1945 doesn't have any more nuance than that.

>t. zhang ping pong

if you are going paint so broad a period of time as such, i don't think history is for you. why pick up the book if you can just moralize it broadly?

Makes the western pigs look better actually. When they are in control they don't turn into monsters.

because the PRC wrote that book.

PRC books are always good for a laugh. i read a great leap forward-era manual on agriculture and it was over 90% political theory.

>all that Japanese clay

How did Italy manage to drain the Mediterranean?

Don't forget, it reduces most of Italy to a desert.

IIRC it was with a dam by Gibraltar which also provided irrigation.

Never read the book, but this was an actual plan irl.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantropa

>none of the new land goes to Spain
Wooooow thanks Italy you fucking queers

that italy just looks sort of depressing

I feel like the Italian Empire is going to quickly become a dust bowl.

Why only the United Kingdom and the United States understood the concept of actually treating your subject peoples as human beings?

If the Japanese understood this simple concept, they could have actually created a positive legacy in Asia.

I love how the entire world is split between Axis and Japan, then you get Canada just chilling there, and Mexico who doesn't even get a name.

Yeah, sure.

Because they viewed rape as being the spoils of war being the sick fucks they were.

make anime great again

Avenging this monkey's failures

i would assume mexico would be under German influence cause of all the Mennonite and Mormon colonies. as well as all the spanish immigrants

who hates Japan more, Chinese or Koreans?

Koreans.

China has a love/hate relationship with Japan.

Koreans, most def

Chinese are butthurt only when they commemorate Nanjing, Koreans are assblasted all the time

every young korean-american I've ever met is a massive weeb who loves Japan

is it just their way of rebelling against their traditional jap-hating korean parents?

Korean rage is a very real thing. Their entire culture seems like a powder keg of being butthurt.

t. someone who has just started watching koreakino

"asian" """""""""""americans"""""""""""""" are not good indicia for anything.

>korean-american
well theirs your problem, they probably never even learned about the shit the japs did to their great grandparents

Tae Guk Gi was a good movie

have you seen "my way"?

>north adopts gommunism
>become the most rabid, intense, fanatical gommunists on earth
>south adopts anti-gommunism
>become the most rabid, intense, fanatical anti-gommunists on earth

jesus christ imagine if Korea had converted to Islam. They'd make the Saudis, Afghans and Chechens look like fucking carebears

Look I'm not who you're replying to but they believed in the meme sphere because it provided a justification for empire, kind of like america believing in manifest destiny and using it to justify blowing the fuck out of the philippine republic.

Further to this, treatment of chinese labourers, the 3 alls campaign, and the fact industrialization is just another way of saying capital investment for greater returns.

The japanese weren't evil, they just took the western conception of empire to the very extreme.

Koreans. The Chinese sure have grievances against Japan due to WWII and Imperialism, but they respect the culture of the people and find its history interesting.

You should see Sina-Weibo for the nth "How come Japanese do these while we Chinese can't" Or "We were like this once but now only Japan is" threads whenever manners are discussed or some shit.

I'll add thee to my list

you wont regret it,

>The Chinese sure have grievances against Japan due to WWII and Imperialism, but they respect the culture of the people and find its history interesting.

Not to mention the huge amount of Chinese weeaboos and how popular anime and manga is in China. And the ever increasing numbers of Chinese tourists in Japan.

Japan = Germany
China = Russia
Korea = Poland

"Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere" is a phrase that always sticks with me.

It's just so weird. I assume it sounds better in Japanese, but in English it's a weird mix of overly wordy, vaguely nonsensical, pompous and silly.

Make that "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere"
I'm very tired and decided to juts copy the map name unthinkingly.

>Chinese are butthurt only when they commemorate Nanjing

Honestly it feels like that nowadays the Chinese have created an official day to commemorate every single Japanese atrocity. There's a day to commemorate Nanjing, but also the Mukden incident, the Marco Polo bridge incident, Unit 731, etc.

>a lot more nuance to it than "the japanese were evil"

No not really. Nope.

Gooks

What? No they do not.

It goes both ways, considering how much Japan loves the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

>Not mentioned

t. angry chinaman and moral absolutist
Conquest isn't inherently "evil"

>secure resources and Lebensraum for the Emperor's new industrial economy.
>remove western imperialists from east asia and the pacific.
>ethnically or at least culturally, cleanse the gooks, chinks, flips, and other slants.
>

Winner

This isn't really true at all. If you read correspondence between the big play makers ie the Kido Butai, the Emperor, and Tojo along with other high command officers there was a legitimate belief in that Japan would run and protect the Co-prosperity sphere but it would be Asian for the Asians and the White imperialism would end. The Japanese felt burned by the way the west treated them and wanted to set an alternative for Asian that wasn't dependent on western hand outs. This was a heartfelt belief but it was 100% also used to justify their conquests. To free East Asia it would have to be conquered from the Conquerers.

>kido butai

I'm an idiot. There's a whole group of former PMs that advised the Emperor and for some reason that name came to mind.

Do it again after the after

t. riven meme

Italy expanding this much is completely delusional. If Hitler had one WWII in the following centuries Italy would have not expanded much farther then their initial conquests and would probably become a formal part of Germany.

Not to mention losing the Mediterranean is actually more of a downside then a benefit for a independent Italy - why would you turn a convenient Ocean that makes it so that you can get from Nice to Cairo in less then three days into a giant undeveloped desert.

Some asians are more asian than others. It would have been Asia for the Asians (Japan) and Western Imperialism would end because they would not be within the Pacific sphere of influence.

>Thailand
>No resources of note on both map
I love my country.

>that Italian greater empire

Ve told zhem to drain zhe Mediterranian and zhey did it, zhe absolut madmenschen!

I dunno, they did rescue some Jews.

Admittedly because they read all the propaganda about how Jews bled white devils dry and thought "Hey, we're not white, this'd be really useful for funding our evil schemes!"

>Brits being chased back to India

Hmm, I wonder what happened when the Japs followed them there...

japs only care about slit eye people teritory

>Why only the United Kingdom and the United States understood the concept of actually treating your subject peoples as human beings?

The Dutch as well m8

nope
t. indonesian

And what exactly are these transgressions that the dutch committed against the presumably corrigible indonesians?

pan-asianism
youtube.com/watch?v=SDqF7hlFDgk
interesting vid, you could see other asian country displayed along the conference

massacre, slavery, trade monopoly, destroying many historical cities, etc
its not especially bad compared to other country coloniesm, its just average

Wrong.
China=europe
Japan=britain
Korea=ireland

Koreans are rivaled only by Pakistanis as being the angriest people on the face of the earth

>uk
>treating its subjects as humans
What is America, Ireland, India etc.

it would be pretty sweet if they could have found those oil and gas fields in manchuria and sakhalin

Literally none of those things happened under Dutch government rule

Based Canada

realistically, the nazis would only occupy europe minus most of eastern russia and japan would only occupy east and southeast asia

Make Asia Great Again

If you weren't ethnic Japanese you were gonna get fucked up the a-hole

Japan wanted resources and make their hegmonic power unstoppable and not threatened by outsiders. end goal was to crush and conquer everyone.

Yeah but they sure as hell don't want to go and travel around China. Most of the nips I've talked to think China is a dirty shit hole.
Which is not fair desu.

its true though

underrated

Ehh not really. China ain't so bad these days. The air pollution is a bummer though.