/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Endless, Civilization and 4X /rtsg/ /cbg/

Previous thread
STELLARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
>/civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/snazcjaexc30udj/uplifted.zip?dl=0
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/votes/196-complete-the-minor-faction-content-pack-roster
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck you Wiz

FPBP

What mods should I get with stellaris? I already got a fan hotfix that fixes some of wiz's bullshit and also ISBS.

I use the downscaled ship mod so ships are less likely to fly through eachother or make wierd turns during combat/manouvers.

I'm fairly sure this is already included in ISBS.

the very hottest

Can you post the name of that mod? I only got cosmetic stuff on my modlist.

Universal Traits for Custom Species

WE WERE DIFFERENCE ONCE

I got that one already for the custom races, but game still crashes on load screen.

Is there a reason to start with anything other than wormholes?

>difference
Also the Broken Lords were suppose to be Concrete Endless whose genetics drifted after the last thaw on Auriga

How much fleet strength to destroy The Infinity Machine? Is 20k enough for minimal losses? It told me to leave it alone after doing a research project and now it wont talk to me.

>be endless
>be gods and shit
>get killed because it was too cold
lmao

What mod exactly? The hotfix is just called 1.8 hotfix and ISBS is Improved Space Battles

This seems a bit overkill desu (Expanded traditions and expanded ascension perks)

>get killed because it was too cold
More like get killed because of a fucking horrifying war where absolutely everything weaponizable had been used.

>Traditions has a long scroll bar

Too many perks!

should make for an interesting game though

>There is also an event where one of the planets had been home to a type of giant space worm, which the workers on the ringworld grow to like. You can either exterminate the worm species, halting construction for a month, or continue with the worms. If you chose to continue with the worms, a few days later the worms are found to be larvae, and to be feeding on the bodies of several missing workers. You must then kill off the worms, halting construction for a month.

Oh wow, this is some pretty shitty event design. Good thing nobody even attempts to construct ringworlds, since the reward for doing so is an order of magnitude too small.

So what I gathered from the dev diaries, missles/strikecraft early-mid game and kinetic/plasma/PD late game. Is that about right?

>1993 was 700 years ago

Is that guy that wanted semi-organic robots still around? I have a barebones implementation that doesn't change half the shit around, hasn't got localisation for essential components and still lets you go psionic.

>This seems a bit overkill desu
Maybe, but what are you going to expend Unity otherwise?

I really don't know yet. I'm playing inward perfection so I'll have enough unity to test shit out with at least.

>Can't play my very friendly F. Spiritualists/Egalitarians until Wiz fixes Transcendence not awakening your species galaxy-wide

>be playing a cravers game
>because i never did it before and i have a shitload of hyperium, decide to rush coordinators with fighter/bomber tech rather than hunters
>watch one of my big battles with the fishtits
>mfw bombers
jesus fucking CHRIST these things are amazing
they take a while to get to their target and start shooting, but once they do every single attack is a volley of 2-3 torpedoes that deal >200 damage each and cannot be shot down
they fucking melt any ship they get their hands on; with the fix to support modules not scaling properly on non-protector ships, coordinators and carriers are now amazing

Why would it be logical that your species would become psionically attuned galaxy wide?

The flavour text says they do and the idea is that the species collective Psychic power awakens them all or some shit.

Is there no way to send robots to colonize a planet? First time messing around with them in vanilla and wanted to use them to make huge mining worlds. Do I have to colonize a planet then move everyone off world and replace them with robots?

Can someone explain how Habitability works in 1.8?

Is it still worthwhile to take Extremely Adaptive?

You can make a colony ship with robots on it, but it has to come from a world with robots already on it

You need droids for that, they can be used for colonization. The most basic robots cannot.

Fuck it, if anyone wants it it's here.

dropbox.com/s/snazcjaexc30udj/uplifted.zip?dl=0

You need to use the new species class to be able to get regular governments and take a civic to turn your pops robotic on game start. The civic gives +1 civic and you start with an extra 250 influence so you don't lose anything from it.

It's guaranteed to be wonky.

Assuming I play assimilator and I have the main machines and my cyborgified buddies.
Can the cyborgified buddies live in a machine world or is it for pure machines only?

They seem pretty strong. They were the only thing that the AI could throw against my late game fleets that would put a dent in them.

Im making a civ for civilization 5 for the first time. How can i make it so the turn yield for one thing gets added to the turn yield for something else?

with the fact that the only actual counter to them is fighters, coordinators and carriers actually have a use
i love it

I think the flak defense that kinetics provide can also shoot them down, but it doesn't seem particularly good at it.

Is it possible to win economic victory in ES2 on Endless? I'm always in 12th place, even with more companies than anyone else and dust luxuries on every level of development, even trade agreements with 5 other civs.

>tfw Horatio blockades my trade routes.

>inward perfectionist
>All the people around me are peaceful or xenophiles
The pinnacle of comfy

>tfw never have to worry about energy again because of modded OP jew perk

>straight up 450 energy from a perk

I'm reloading my game desu. A year later I was up another 40 energy a month which might aswell be cheating.

This guy looks so damn happy. Reading his bio made me a bit sad though.

>sad for a clone

So what's the difference between a hive-mind a and a gestalt consciousness?

How is is the Feudal Empire civic?

Worth taking?

>Have to play through a century before having fun
It was fun the first time, but is there any way to make early stellaris less of a painful chore?

Newfag to 4x games mostly here. How do I get into Endless Space 2? I thought Endless Legend was fairly intuitive and easy to learn but Endless Space 2 has me fucking bewildered. I've started like 3-4 games as the United Empire but I just get overwhelmed at the cluttered and half-confusing UI.

Any decent tutorial videos I can watch?

Just play Lumeris user
And how the fuck you are 12th, did you start between cravers and vodyani or what?

play a purifier and go hard

>cluttered and half-confusing UI
Uh what, there's almost nothing in the UI
Just look some random videos on utube

Did you play through the tutorial?

games2gether.com/endless-space-2/votes/196-complete-the-minor-faction-content-pack-roster

REMEMBER TO VOTE

Go through tutorial m8
eat your pride and go through it, and listen to the fluffy kalgeros

Any Planet Coaster players here?

How does it compare to RC Tycoon 3 and other Theme Park games?

The problem with the UI isn't that it's cluttered, it's that you have to dig inside it to find any info you want. The fact you can't see how much science you're generating each turn alone is retarded.

Not a 4X but it's basically RCT + more autism

I have it, haven't played it yet. I'm interested in this as well.

>Not a 4X
Well yeah, but we still see Skylines and other citybuilders, plus DK and WftO, amond other games.

>basically RCT + more autism
So its better/more advanced? I was afraid that it might be more casual/simpler than the original series.

Brakt on suicide watch.

>he put "/rtsg/" "/cbg/" in the name again
Just let the spiderfag do the threads, at least he doesn't butcher them.

Don't mind him, he skipped the OP.

I haven't played it myself, but I've watched a few streams of people playing it and the amount of shit you could micromanage looked pretty advanced.

>stop entwining a system as unfallen
>it resets to 20 turns
Yeah fuck this shit, how the fuck do you expand in any reasonable time? Their vineships cost so much to build

basically if you're the unfallen and the only colonizable system is 2-3 systems over, you're fucked

also i really just recommend you play on fast speed with them

Build more vine ships.

playing on normal speed as unfallen without clustered start is agonizingly slow early game
on fast speed it only takes 10 turns to entwine a system
also, you can merge vineships into a fleet to speed up the rate of entwining; three vineships brings the time from 20 to 8

Playing as UE.

I'm 12th only in economic score, in total points it's neck and neck between me, my neighbor Horatio and an unknown on the other side of the galaxy. The unknown just triggered the first close to victory message with economic. The only threatening empire close to me is Horatio, and I've just declared war because he is fucking with my trade routes through his territory. All other empires are either at peace with me or too pathetic to worry about.

I've expanded as far as my approval will allow while keeping empire dust bonus, but just unlocked the T3 development to free up some systems. I think I'll just go full conquest and hopefully beat the unknown in time.

>2 federations waring with each other in stellaris

Ok now this game is fun.

>playing with 12 competitors instead of the far more pleasurable 8 competitors so there's one of each faction
>playing with economic victory turned on

>Buy Synthetic Dawn
>You can barely customize the already boring looking robots

So much for trying to create a race of extremely intimidating, Terminator-esque machines. These all look like fucking generic workbot #37324331

>still cant go from organics to legit machine conciousness
I didnt want anything else but this
WHY isnt it a thing

>economic victory in ES2 on Endless
AI gets the Deed/Achievement whatever for Dust production on turn 1 on Endless difficulty. Going for economic victory is ultimate

Just use more vine ships, m8.

I just won a war against the frogs and took their homeworld. I didn't even want it, I had asked for Imex (hoping a wormhole links there) and they said no.
Also tfw passed from 700 score to 1200 during this war. And they passed from 1100 to 900.

>Arid planet
>Garden of Eden anomaly

>play fanatic militarist, egalitarian empire
>going to spread freedom and democracy across the whole galaxy
>militarist faction is formed
>it's called the Military Industrial Complex

There's a mod on the workshop making it so nonsensical anomalies can't happen.
Speaking of which, any good mods on the workshop?

I don't know about other people but it doesn't actually bother me too much. You can hand wave a lot of it away. Like there could be one continent on an otherwise mostly Arid planet that is miraculously lush and bountiful. Aquatic life on a lava planet is just something from a Metal band's album art.

I actually like the contradictory anomalies, it always makes me smile when I discover them.

i dunno, stuff like this always makes me feel more immersed rather than taken out of the game
makes it seem weirder and more fantastical

machine intelligence is just differently colored hivemind (garbage)

>there's a book named Horatio Hornblower
>it's an ugly guy

Advisor when?

Enlighten me why I shouldn't just stick with warp travel

Hyperspace and wormholes are faster, but they both have constraints. I use warp too (hyperspace in hyperspace-only games), wormholes got tedious fast.

is the bug that makes ai not fight each other still around? Those fuckers have been staying idle at each other for too long.

>superspud and dark glitter
Instant restart

>gravitational fluctuations caused by an unstable pole cause some areas to have abnormally high gravity while others benefit from low gravity

>two luxury resources

I usually get 0

Sell them and use the dust to conquer systems with luxuries worthy of improvements.

10/10

does anyone at least know if that bug made empires stop attacking each other stopped them from attacking altogether or only at times?
I think there were a few skirmishes at first, but now everyone's being a pussy.

So cruisers are meta now right, they seem to be most naval cap efficient.

help

more like JUSTium

WE. ARE COMING.