ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Open Beta is over 2.4 launches September 26th

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage

It is the standing Recommendation of /scg/ that if your game package contains an Aurora MR, Aurora ES or Mustang Alpha you would be well served to upgrade it to an Aurora LN. It's only like ten bucks and provides a significant increase in firepower and survivability without any real downsides.
Be aware, this is the gateway drug to wasting your life savings on spaceship jpegs, keep your discipline and don't upgrade further unless you specifically want to buy Ben more eyeballs(and cheese), finance Sandi's dreams of being a C grade actor, fuel Chris's cocaine habit and send Erin and Brian into crippling inescapable depression.

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/zS3Nv5Ru

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=THnR_bepFzM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_918_Spyder#/media/File:Porsche_918_sports_car.jpg
i.pinimg.com/originals/99/65/48/99654872bdccbaa616dea2b4a3af44f7.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=WptxYy76pzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for best ship

Thargoids tomorrow hype

Cant wait to kill some filthy thargoids
I swear to fucking god if some people try to befriend them i will bully them.

Also i dont have profesor palin so no resistant corrosion cargo racks, should i get them before update?

>The narrative and content will release over the coming months.

I can't wait to watch the story unfold over the Elite forums and youtube. Maybe this time they'll let regular players join.

Everytime I see that ship, I can only think to penguin.
This is a penguin ship

God I hate the new Origin style
>300i with those engines

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half-Life 3 is announced.

I know, its gonna suck. Have a 350R, and dreading it being reworked and made too look like ass while still being shitty and suffering from the "Luxury" tax.

>On a side note, half life had the combine portal being closed shut while the dead space moons reached earth
>a next title for either of those is hard to come by

I dont think that dedicated racing and fighting players give much a damn of how their ship looks anyway.

Space is fun
No mans sky is fun
Sean Murray is fun

>change from a semi punk/salvageable makeshift look to that crap
>youtube.com/watch?v=THnR_bepFzM

Now its a bum with rags and a silver helmet. They ruined that armor.

>"outlaw armor"
>silver plated shining in the dark

Yes, by using L'Hospital's rule and using the derivatives to find the limit of the indeterminate function SC(t)/Hl3(t), we do find that """"""soon"""""" does come before never ever.

>that silky smooth camera transition when crouching

Truly worth the wait. I'm glad they took time to polish every last detail instead of rushing it out.

The limit is zero.

I have no idea of how things are and Im no backer but I think the video is old.

Who cares?! Look at that armor and the shit they redraw lol. They gave it a retarded silver plated headset and a faggot scarf. Tard is looking fabulous!

Will medium armors actually be allowed on cockpits?

I kind of love the new style myself.
How can anybody like the old/current 300i design anyway? It's like the opposite of luxury and performance. Angular panel, bolted around unprotected part, lesser aerodynamic than snub fighter, and its engine look inferior to other ship as well.
That's like describing a Porsche Spyder
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_918_Spyder#/media/File:Porsche_918_sports_car.jpg
and settling for a lousy Dolorean (and not the good one)
i.pinimg.com/originals/99/65/48/99654872bdccbaa616dea2b4a3af44f7.jpg

>talking shit about shemaghs
if you utter such words around here you'll get yourself thrown off a rooftop

youtube.com/watch?v=WptxYy76pzs

I will roleplay a glorious sandnigger looking for scrap

Wy du diz??

because they are grasping at straws to divert peoples attention from the fact that 5 years on they have not made a game.

you're describing 3 completely seperate sets of armor user, none of them are replacing eachother

op pic is some fan OC mashup, though armor is in pieces and nothing keeping you from doing this ingame eventually

>5 years

Oh come on!
Three years.

are there any mods yet for NMS? I'd love to desaturate that palette

Its marked somewhere on reddit as official with some fag wearing a fancy company thumbnail.

What effect will 2.4 have on me? Aside from t he obvious, plot a 22kly route, I'm out in the black and probably will be for the next few months (at the rate I'm playing)

iirc it's just a concept image not the final 3d render

kek.
:(

>Maybe this time they'll let regular players join.
And people call cultists delusional

reminder only horizons players will be able to kill the thargoids and dads will be completely okay with this

3.0 when?

There are fuckloads of mods for NMS on nexus mods site.

New thread, WHY?!? There's nothing to talk about before the new patch.

I..I ..I never thought...
Thanks user

I don't think the third person camera is designed to be actually usable in game-play at all.

We can talk about how disappointed we will be when we get the new patch(es)

I wasnt trolling.

My broadband has been disconnecting all the time for 3 days now. I can't play ED because it needs to be always online. However, now I'm back online but can't say how long.
I tried Pioneer but I'm not sure if I like it, it seems really unfinished even though it has long dev time.
Which is/are the best Elite remakes? Is Elite 3 any good on PC(dosbox)?

Correcting it to, they fucked off for 2 years and only started 3 years ago actually making the game isn't better. Might as well say 5 years and gloss over that for CIG's benefit.

Im neither a backer or a goon and I want this to succeed but a spaceship game+FPS+procedural generation+open world+scripted missions/interactions with character customization and "coffee mugs" in the middle is just outright batshit insane.

dammit i fucked up, first time playing elite in ages and decided to take a passenger mission 8000ly outside the bubble. managed to neutron jump to a system i cant now get out of.

2.4 is tomorrow lad

What kind of shitter doesn't have Horizons? It's been what, two years now? It's like free with purchase, what's your excuse?

it's not free with purchase at all you have to pay full price for both

When will fags launch a solo salvage ship?
>if they will launch one ever...

>solo salvage ship
It's called your multi tool and hands. Seriously, what else would you need solo in space? If you got a ship large enough to carry more scrap that you could carry by yourself, they are all multi crew at that point.

If you find a wreck and you just want to scrap the weapons out or something, why the fuck would you need to EVA and not just have ship tools to cut them and place them in the hold?
By the moment you eva out some faggot will just shoot you and you lose everything.

First of all, that's a dad opinion, just pointing that out. Second, you would not just salvage a ship in place like that. You would consider any wrecked or unoccupied ship as a hostile trap until you prove that it isn't. The most reasonable thing to do if you don't have support to cover for you would be to tractor the wreck to a better place where you can take your time with it, or you grow some nuts, roll the dice, and be a brave boy on the internet and get yours.

Go ninja salvage on eve and reconsider your opinion pls.

This isn't eve. I'm not interested in spreadsheets and the game mechanics could not be more different. There is a certain probability in your favor of even being detected, much less found due to the huge area they are talking about. There is one current ICC mission that highlights this even in the small PU.
This is also speculation about a game mechanic they have not made yet. Having a salvage button on your dash that holds the wreck and cuts it up for you seems unlikely.

>much less found due to the huge area they are talking about

Thats the problem there. Their world isnt as large as you think. Its a hell lot smaller than eve and even on eve if you are a new player scrapping wrecks from older missions runners (pretty much the only activity that implies mass salvage+some degree of hostility) you better have your eyes on the directional scanner, otherwise you are toasted fast.

It will be no different here. Actually its worse because once they find you on eva its just a "coup de grĂ¢ce" and you are dead.
Besides, if its a salvage ship, its a ship that salvages with some cargo, decent sensors and almost zero weapons therefore its not fucking broken since you cannot create your own wrecks.

>would rather get ganked in a defenseless ship than in defenseless eva.
What is the difference? If you don't have an armed guard, your chances of surviving a gank is 0% either way, so why waste a specialty ship on it?

Scan periodically/eyes on radar whatever, gtfo. Attacker still has a chance since you might be focused in the middle of a scrapping and he will most likely be faster than you since said ship would most likely be slow. You have a small window of escape.
Also having to eva every time for mas salvage would be retarded and one shit career not worth the effort.

It's going to be designed around multi crew for sure. I think the Cutlass is actually the smallest salvage ship, if the tractor beam thing is real. A pilot holds the ship and couple crew work on the wreck in eva with a turret gunner and copilot keeping watch.
Fwiw, bounty hunter appears to be the only truly solo job class.

So E:D dads what do you actually do in the game? I've done a bit of combat and some exploring but none of it seems to go anywhere. I've played maybe 40 hours and I think I've seen less than 10 players, and none of them interacted with anyone else in any way. The only progress or action I can see right now is doing massacre missions in civil war systems and even those need me to relog for five minutes until I can find one.

Is grinding money for new ships just to have new ships the only gameplay or do people actually do something somewhere? I could grind faction rank to get access to better ships but they don't seem to be any different from the independent ones, and I could grind to unlock better engineers but I don't see the point if I'm only killing idiot NPCs either way. Is there nothing to do or is the core gameplay just really well hidden somewhere?

I know shit about E:D. I like unorthodox gameplay and played eve for a bit. I liked salvage while I was new and FW (both pve and pvp).
Im hoping to do something similar on SC.

>also using third party tools to crack those box/ship keypads will be fun if theres no waiting timer after x failed attempts

massacre missions are literally the only fun thing in this game, lately i've been doing some boom delivery missions to get empire rank and it's the most boring garbage ever

I read on the forums that you used to be able to stack 20 massacre missions and rake in mad dosh. Apparently they nerfed it so hard you barely see any massacre missions at all. I have to refresh the mission boards like 20 times by relogging to get even one massacre mission. What great devs!

yeah you will only find it in like military + war and even then it's not nearly as good as before, lower payment as well

what's with the huge fins that wrap around the engines? that would be so unstable it would shake like a faggot at a wiener roast

Funfact: Thargoids are ammonia-based and would be horribly burned if they ever touched a human bare handed.

Time to lock the passengers in their cabins and embrace the void, CMDR. Alternatively force them into the cargo areas and hunt them for sport while you await the inevitable.

Horizons came with the base game for the longest time and dropped to $30 a few times.

I thought all you E:D fags did was take a python to some unique shit station and smuggle slaves.

>literally the first thing about E:D I saw on youtube

only dads do that

>bought game last year
>no horizons
woah

Slave smuggling was a big earner when Torval's discount on slaves fully stacked with Delaine's bonus on contraband.
Because Frontier cannot into compounding or multiplying effects it turned a 1.5-2k/t margin into a 5-6k/ton margin.

oy vey the thargoyim are coming

Get the fuck out dad, this is star citizen general

How much pvp do "non dads" on E:D and how much involves shooting armed targets?

Made a most awesome new E:D ship concept. Pls r8.

>2.4 bout to drop
>SC bout to file for Chapter 11

P O E T R Y

>Chapter 11

>no evidence of layoffs
>no tales of backed pay cheques
>most damningly of all they are not shaming money out of the whales nearly as hard as they could be
Try again when your meme is plausible.

3/4 sides

0%

>gillian anderson
no longer waifu

can we boycott CIG for this? i thought they picked their partners much better now.

shit was all recorded and in the bag before this.

They fucking trashed that armor kek. Why does the fag have a fishbowl on his head?

>implying people that play pretend for a living have opinions that anyone cares about.
I wish Bruce Willis or Samuel Jackson would tell me what to think. Those are leading actors you can listen to.

It's luxury, you wouldn't understand.

I want to send Sandi to acting school. What ship should I buy to get her to attend a decent one?

If you pay attention to what professional make believe players think to form your political opinions you are literally retarded.

None. She's not going to make any attempt to improve her acting career chances when she can just ride this gravy train.

So your guy wakes up, walk to your wardrobe and equip your suit, walk to the kitchen and get him food, walk to the medbay and the npc/player will check you over for illnesses and disease, walk to the bridge and get orders from the ships ownder, then enter your docked ship, after you walk to the hangar bay. STOP FOR A MINUTE to get your breath and restore stamina just before you can board. Launch your ship.

Fly off for a second, fly back because you forgot to pick up your gun from the armory, dock, walk to the armory, shit! Forgot your security pass. So you walk back to your room and pick up your pass, restore your stamina from too much walking. Go back to the kitchen to get more food since your hunger level has increased due to all the stamina restoring, walk to the armory, get your gun and ammo, walk back to your hangar, enter your ship, fly to your objective, get killed by a bigger ship that some guy bought, then either take the death and start a new character or hang around dead in space for a while until you get rescued by someone else.

>not planning every step to maximize your efficiency and get all your stuff done in one run
>forgetting your pass
casuals get out

>They weren't born before the 2007 US economic crash
>thinking symptoms like that need to be visible for chapter 11 to happen

retards are CUTE!

>2smol hardpoints

Dropped.

>made one final quince run for 12million with 24 seconds to spare

I regret not grinding more. Kinda happy that FD is (supposedly) shutting Quince runs down, now I can finally do something else in ED instead of going full autismal efficiency mode.

Well I wouldn't even need my own pass if the Captain didn't upgrade from sensors to a pass-based system!

Hope stamina also affects you when you're flying around so you need to pack cookies or something, I mean focusing on combat and flight for hours also requires stamina to perform and the SC team should implement this into the game as well. Or does the SC team not understand that you need a constant source of food and rest to perform?

>unable to pay 20 bucks for an expansion that's been out for 2 years

Get the fuck out poorfag. No one cares about your whining

You don't know that.

Maybe they just don't want poorfags without ship names or people pictures to be involved yet. If you don't own horizons at this point why are you still playing the game?

t. Poorest guy in the thread who got the game selling steam cards

I'm thinking about refunding SC. I bought way to many ship jpgs, got caught up in the hype. Does refunding always work or can it be denied?