Just lost a ton of money on the Madman thing

Just lost a ton of money on the Madman thing.

Like half my money.

How do I deal with big stock market losses? Like what the fuck do I do? I'm in the red net-wise since I started trading now.

Genuine answer: stop trading and invest in something low risk with low returns.

Deep down I know you're right.

>Just lost a ton of money on the Madman thing.
That thread had WARNINGS IN ALL CAPS by several anons...

bet it all on the latest shitcoin

i warned everyone not to listen to that fuckhead

>I'm a fucking retard that can't detect obvious scams even when everyone is telling me it's a scam
Stop trading and get an IRA or something, trading is clearly not for you.

paid your idiot tax

Yeah I know....

I've fallen for a handful of scams in my life and it sucks every fucking time. Guess this was another one of those.

You were too greedy, should have cashed out earlier... I actually earned money on that pump and didn't even buy the tip like some did.

If you cant pick your own stocks and know WHY they should perform either stick to blue chips or get the fuck out. As far as crypto trading, just dump the second you make a decent profit.

What is this thing you lost money on?

The way to not lose huge amounts is to use proper risk management: don't gamble and don't risk more than 1%.

1% is 1 dollar for me though, so that advice isn't that good for me.

And I have a job but I'm just starting out.

I know, I normally do this.

But for this particular stock, it dropped over 70% in under a minute. There were seconds to make a profit and then plenty of time to lose it and I missed the profit boat.

>1% is 1 dollar for me though
Then either you're too poor to be trading or you shouldn't be upset about losing.

>But for this particular stock, it dropped over 70% in under a minute
That means you were gambling.

>falling for scams
No, this is worse. People are PLEADING for you to not fall for this obvious trap and even though you know it's a scam you bury your head in the sand and keep pushing forward.

>Just lost a ton of money on the Madman thing.
rofl

can you give me a tldr timeline of what happened?
i can't even follow what they tried to p&d.
all i know is it screamed a fucking scam and a stupid thing to participate in from the get go.

super obvious scam

Every day the guy pumps up a coin with about $5000, which is a huge pump for the smallest volume coins. And the pump is made even bigger by the loads of other people who pump it up in anticipation as well.

So if you get in early and set a limit to sell at a certain point, you profit. However, if you don't get in early, you can buy just as he announces it at 11am and it shoots up and still try to profit as it starts going up, often 200-300% in a minute. If you pay him in advance, he tells you which coin he will pump so you can get in early.

However, as soon as it shoots up everyone sells so you have a few seconds to sell before it goes back down to where it was before the pump.

>falling for the stock martket meme
You do realize stocks are only for rich people right? There literally no way to make money in stocks unless you have a minimum of like $100k. OR you are in collusion with the penny stock scammers and know when to pump and dump.

>he will pump
He's buying his own supply hours in advance.

Shit coins have nothing to do with the stock market you fuck wit. The way to deal with big losses in shitcoin is to buy a sturdy piece of rope and neck yourself.

This
Having a boring and low paying job doesnt mean there is a successful trader hidden inside you.
As buffet said, the stock market takes money from impatient ppl to give it to patient ppl.