/acg/ - Armored Core General

Dying in the morning edition.

Moldy bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qWFmZcV7WE8&index=1&list=PLxF0AjswLfpZaigZK9koqQmfzwjkPPU30
gamefaqs.com/psp/960304-armored-core-last-raven-portable/faqs/60523
youtube.com/watch?v=eY6YdYSS4_c
youtube.com/user/SunGodNights
youtube.com/user/Beg0tt3n
youtube.com/user/Gripheenix
youtube.com/watch?v=7QHZvT5EBOM
youtube.com/watch?v=tlv0WLT5cXk
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/09/19/left-alive-looks-to-combine-classic-armored-core-with-metal-gear-and-gundam/#7bb4833e3dca
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How come Japanese Twitter kept talking about a new Armored Core as if it got announced

No idea about this.

It was a meme. Wishing for things that will never happen.

I'm thinking on buying VD, but should I play V before?

I think you should personally but other peoples opinions will differ.

I'm open for suggestions; thanks for your input.

last time i played armor core was on the ps1 when i was like 7. Hows it doing now, worth a pickup?

Any updates on the game some user was making?

If you look on From Soft's twitter when they did the 20th anniversary, about half of the 2000 comments are just them asking for "new work" (google translate for a new game).

You don't have to. V's most unique addition is the story mode, and you can just watch people play the story missions if you really want that. It lacks much replay value because it was purely online with the servers now deactivated. VD has a lot of single player features and lets you replace co-op partners with programmable AI, making it much more friendly for playing offline or when it's less active.

If I skip V, am I missing on anything interesting? Like a qt3.14 operator like 4's.

The series got much better after the PS1 games and peaked in 2005. After that they changed a lot of stuff to make it feel different for the 4th gen and 5th gen. Still good, but not the "same", with a more multiplayer focus. Good games overall though, AC2, AC3, ACFA, ACLR, and ACVD are all top tier.

But after some issues with the publisher, From Software just went on and kept making more dark souls instead of a new AC. They've announced a new game but not showed anything (no trailers, no titles, nothing) so far, and it's been 4 years. It means that we're kind of in limbo waiting for them to announce something new.

Perfect time to go back and replay the originals, for sure.

Hey /acg/, I fired up my old Last Raven save (PS2), and I wanted to ask if the maximum percentage is 136% or 137%. Most of what I've seen online says it's 136%, but a few people say they got 137%.

By the way, I have 136%, but didn't get all S Ranks. So that's why I wanted to know if I can get 137% or not.

You're missing the most goddamn glorious crazy motherfucker to have ever graced an AC game with his voice acting.

There's also a few story mode boss fights that are fun but they aren't as good as ACVD's anyway. ACVD's world is set 100 years after ACV, and actually has more references to ACFA than ACV anyway, so if you want the story from ACV it's purely for entertainment value.

If you decide against buying it, at least watch through a playlist of the story missions, this is the best one I know of:
youtube.com/watch?v=qWFmZcV7WE8&index=1&list=PLxF0AjswLfpZaigZK9koqQmfzwjkPPU30

Cool!
Now depending on their prices, I might get both, thanks user(s).

I'm pretty sure that i's 136%, I never heard of 137% unless there's some super secret part I missed or some hidden mission. Killing ACs (even optional ones) in missions counts toward completion percentage I think, as do part ranks and S ranks and completing both the VR and EX arena.

You should get all S-ranks anyway, for posterity's sake.

I saw a post here on /acg/ and one guy on twitter saying it's 37%. If you search "Last Raven 137%" on google, you'll see the posts I'm talking about.

It's so odd to see White Glint not white.

Which is the best AC (or NEXT) design in the whole series?

Are the servers still up for AC4 or FA?

I always go for the Rayleonard craft (Aaliyah). It makes the beginning areas actually a bit more challenging, but is by far the strongest one if you know how to manage EN well. It's also the most cost-effective since most of the parts on it will last you throughout the game and it has a good blade and energy weapon. Out of the box it can basically clear the entire game without even customizing it. Ironic that while it's the "hardest" mech to use it's by far the most powerful.

Hogire is a balanced choice that is both cost effective and easy to pilot. It's what I go for when I don't feel like trying very hard.

The GA craft is easiest to pilot but is by far the worst for cost-effectiveness since few of its parts are worthwhile to keep long term and it consumes the most ammo cost. It makes early game easy but mid-late game you'll have to basically replace everything.

The other crafts are more specialized. Tellus will get you wrecked against some early missions against lots of physical weapons, Soluh has almost no PA or defenses, and 047AN is very frustrating to use in close quarters. They all require buying a lot of support weapons to make them work in most missions.

Of course it's all down to personal choice. If you don't want to worry about EN management, stick with Hogire or Sunshine. If you think you're good at EN management, go for Rayleonard. If you want to inject some challenge and change up how the game plays, go for the other 3.

They never had servers. They're P2P so they are always online.

if you want to find players to play with, I'm sure you can call up some people for matchmaking either here or in the AC discord group, which basically only exists for people who want to matchmake.

Oh shit, that's right. Thanks for clearing that up.

I remember starting off with the Aaliyah and having a hard time in the beginning of 4 but breezed through the rest of the campaign afterward and most of FA in the Aaliyah alone.

By the way guys I've been sleeping in until later in the day so if the thread dies can someone else make it?

I dunno if it's the best design in the entire series. The Nineball (Seraph) might be more iconic, IMO.

Ok, hopefully I don't sleep in too late either.

>one guy

That's Ollie Barder / Cacophanus, the guy who did a lot of the first youtube video guides for classic AC games, I'd trust his opinion.

My guess is 137% unlocks when you S-rank everything, because there's no part reward for it. This guide for the portable version contains how to unlock all the parts (including the new ones included in LR:P) gamefaqs.com/psp/960304-armored-core-last-raven-portable/faqs/60523

I'm a fan of the classic "Big Red" design from AC3 and AC2.

I've never posted in this general and probably never will but I offer my condolences.
You probably didn't deserve this fate. This is the darkest timeline
goodbye

I just wish From would quit cockteasing us and actually officially announce the next AC game instead of leaving us hanging.

Is there really no knowledge of any new game?

PArmored Chinko Machine

Other than the stuff from last year.

Here's a quick rundown:

In a few interviews leading up to dark souls 3, Miyazaki said that the company wanted to do armored core and would want to revisit it, but that if they wanted a new game, fans would have to alert Bandai Namco that they actually wanted it. A huge twitter campaign followed where bandai was spammed with @s and DMs asking for a new AC game.

Shortly thereafter, Miyazaki said that the the company would "eventually" make a game because that's what the developers (himself included) wanted to do. I think his exact words were something along the lines of "Well yeah, we have to make one eventually." He said that it was one of the things he's wanted to revisited since ending dark souls.

At some point he revealed that they were working on 3 new games:
>Reboot of a previous franchise
>A new dark fantasy IP that meets the expectations of dark souls
>Something "completely different"

Most people assumed the reboot/sequel was Bloodborne 2.

Sept. 18th 2016, rumors of a new AC game were leaked. They were quickly pulled down.
Sept. 21st 2016, Miayzaki confirmed that a new AC game was actually in "early production" He said it is so early he cannot talk about how far along it is.

Since then they have revealed NOTHING. No Dark Souls. No Bloodborne. No AC. Nothing. Total Radio Silence. They didn't show up at E3, they didn't show up at TGS, and they aren't scheduled for Playstation Experience. I have honestly not idea what the fuck is going on at that company. There were rumors of a BB2 that were proven wrong, and the company did change HQs and started hiring for a "gloomy RPG" but no word officially.

I see, thank you.

I can't fucking second stage to save my life.
Is it harder on ps3? Is my controller too old? Should I just give up?

Treat the R2 button like it's a clitoris

Also, if you don't have high boost on R2 or L2, you don't know what you're doing. Second staging without using triggers is damn near impossible.

Basically the trick to second staging is to "preload" the boosters by easing up to the threshold instead of jamming it down. It's a pressure sensitivity thing, so the triggers help by giving you more travel.

FA

I have boost and QB on triggers, but while I can sometimes accidentally 2nd stage, whenever I'm practicing I can't tell the difference of my pressing between a regular QB and a 2nd stage.

A 2nd stage should reach at least 20% higher peak speed numbers and has a slightly different sound.

No, I mean, I can tell the aesthetic differences and the increase in speed.
What I can't figure is what I'm doing differently whenever I do a regular QB or a second stage.

it's a pre-staging thing. At some amount of pressing, the high boost activates. If you lead "up" to that pressing too fast, you get a short high boost (jam the button down to see that) If you lead up to it too slow, you get a delayed high boost. But if you hit the right spot you get a second stage.

So is like a thing of pressing it at a very precise speed?

Yes. I can't find a good youtube tutorial but it's as simple as not pressing too fast or too slow, you have to press it down at a consistent, medium pace.

Thank you very much.

youtube.com/watch?v=eY6YdYSS4_c

what the fuck is thisssssss

Looks like some sort of core with armor to me.

it's a hack or mod of the game, looks like he gave the core overboost and made the turn boosters work like Quickboost from AC4/FA

Someone asked about high level 5th gen play?

youtube.com/user/SunGodNights
youtube.com/user/Beg0tt3n
youtube.com/user/Gripheenix

go to sleep Xez

I've got it from here.

Roger.

youtube.com/watch?v=7QHZvT5EBOM
Dear lord.

this is still my favorite 4th gen track, I actually dislike most of ACFA's music.

AC4 had the best aesthetic

Morning /acg/

>talking to dark souls players who assume that starting with AC1 is a good idea because they still think the first game must be the best

I thought DS2 was better than DS1 anyway

Agh, what is with that horrible UI? I can hardly see the game. Is that what Formula Front always looked like?

fun

interesting how head units don't seem to have hitbox textures except for around the eye

it's the PSP formula front UI but with all the options enabled

youtube.com/watch?v=tlv0WLT5cXk

the PS2 formula front uses a normal 3rd gen HUD and this video has some of the options disabled

I actually think it makes a lot of sense, since formula front was intended to be an AI game, you'd spend more time watching data instead of piloting

I've been replaying AC4 recently and I'm having difficulty on the Firefly mission. I know this is pretty subjective, but does anyone have a load out or strategy that serves them well?

I suppose it's not something new for /acg/, but can we talk about this?

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/09/19/left-alive-looks-to-combine-classic-armored-core-with-metal-gear-and-gundam/#7bb4833e3dca

Bump.

We talked about it a few threads ago, it's a massive disappointment.

It was previewed as a mech game but it looks like it's just a metal gear rip-off where the mechs are bad guys you have to avoid.

The "gameplay" they showed is only 5 seconds long.

Bump.

Bump.

bump.

There was gameplay somewhere in that video?
What the fuck?

Bump.

I think that part with the stealth was supposed to be gameplay

Bump.

How noticeable is the lack of turn speed of a reverse joint?

Which game?

It's not very noticable in 3rd gen, irrelevant in 4th gen because of quickturns (and slow turning might even be better in 4th gen that reason) but VERY noticable in 5th gen. The lack of turning on RJs and Quads is their main weaknesses.

Is the increased jumping ability worth it though?
5th gen.