/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳TGS Trailer 9/19: youtube.com/watch?v=xtT5GIViSXo
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>More News
-Monster Hunter Stories is out now! youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. is out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/switchaxe/eisenleib
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let's make this thread a good one, /mhg/!

niggers

Catlolis for MHW!!

Worlds will be garbage.

hey ratha
I RAPED UR WIFE LOL

This is the golden age of MH, you may not like them but they've set a good example of how to progress the franchise; emphasize on building the future rather than wallowing the past

Who /MHW/ on PC here ?
maybe we can add each other on Steam at some point.

WHERE'S MY NIGGA RAJANG CAPCOM???

>waiting even one extra second
Literally not possible

I want to fuck you two in the pusi

Would online hunting with randoms be a better experience if everyone had flags?

>no tower/ruins map in world

The original version had Americans at mid tier

>russians
>skilled

Fuck you sack of shit, if I ever see you around here again I'll beat the living piss out of you GOT IT?

Have mercy on Pansy

What is the likelihood of getting MHW on GoG? I don't want the paid subscription service Steam, I want to actually own my game.

>giving points for knowing english because burgers only can learn one language

>I don't want the paid subscription service Steam

So, I know that feeding a kinsect elemental Ambrosia will change its wing color, but is there any way to change their glowy parts? The one that matches a part of the Glaive itself? Or is that tied to the kinsect itself?

Yes, I realize the question is extremely autistic, I just want to know if I have control over that.

>[insert ethnicity]
>[insert implication of lack of skill]

I don't want my game to be tied to an account that I don't even use.

>paid subscription service Steam

Apparently some people still think that Steam is some kind of evil scam and that Gabe is going to suddenly disappear one day with all their games.

>China
>not --Very rude

I don't know what games you play but Chinese and Russians are by far the stupidest and most likely to be cheating.

afaik the only non paid online play platforms are steam and PS4

>use steam to play monster hunter
>I dont want to use an account I dont use

>PS4
>non paid online play platforms

DD ended up coming out on gog 18 months after the steam release, take that as you will.

ps4 is paid online

Why is America always either shit tier or just in a special tier by themselves?
Fuck you bitch, suck my red, white and blue penis.

I don't like the Steam "games as a service" business model at all. I want to own my games and not have it tied to an online account. I want to play the game with no bullshit attached, that is all.

so you're saying MH:W will come to steam about 18 months after the console release

more like 3 years if its anything like DD you're a fucking retard

do you even know what hypothetical bullshit youre even talking about? there is none

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the fact that the Steam terms of service state that you don't actually OWN the games you buy, you just own a license to download them and play them.

Anyone with common sense knows they stipulate that to prevent people from going ¨HURR I own this game, so I can make copies of it and distribute it, I own it after all¨ but some people think that since you don't actually own the game then the service might be shut down and you will be left with nothing.

say for example you buy an abortion of a game that has singleplayer microtransactions.

If you owned the game, you could just use a trainer or a save editor and give yourself infinite microtransaction currency and it would not be illegal, piracy or unethical even.

If you own a license for the game, you basically are liable for piracy and theft if you edit the save file of the game files and give yourself microtransaction currency.

I would like to own the game and not have it attached to a service like Steam, that is all. Why is everyone getting so mad at me for not liking Steam? I have an account, I bought a few games, and I don't like how Steam handles my purchased games. Therefore, I am wondering whether a GoG release is likely or not.

It comes out right before my birthday.
And I won't have a good enough comp to run it by then.
FUCK
I'm still stoked af. Every time I think about how close it is I get an erection.

You mist be special user.

Putting opinions about Steam aside, no, I honestly don't think it's going to be released on GoG
World is almost guaranteed to use Steamworks for the multiplayer part of the game.

The fact you think GOG is likely shows how ignorant you are. AAA games dont end up oin GOG, no capcom game has ever ended up on GOG.

>pirate concerns
lol

Are you retarded, user? Or do you have no idea what DD is?

delet this

everyone point and laugh at the retard who never played dragons dogma

So what sort of Monsters have you guys been using as your general purpose in Stories? I can't decide what sort of skills I want to throw on the story Rathalos either. Any suggestions? Was tempted to just mass boost its primary elemental hits.

>What is Dragon's Dogma

Child of man, you are sorely mistkaen

AHAHAHAHA
>this level of ignorance

>the thread is this dead

Don't remind me of that message

How ignorant you can be?

The Mega Pickaxe broke

>low IQ individuals can be just as smart as normal people
my fucking sides, goddamn dipshit

>no capcom game has ever ended up on GOG

>capcom game
>not on GoG(mazios)

It's just one guy samefagging

I really want to make kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/switchaxe/eisenleib but I also really want to make some dual blades and I can't decide between them. 4U, not even up to high rank yet.

It's obvious, no need to point that out.

Make the DB, the Stiggy SA is much better and the DB turn into the Shagaru DB which are used against Shagaru in TA.

thanx m8

Teo weapons better be in the game or I'm gonna be mad

Why? they're all bad and ugly.

Poland's missing.

>bad
>ugly

They are neither of those things wtf

Literally the only good teo weapon was the bow in X

This Mushroom quest in 3 sucks holy shit

I don't see the problem

Teo SNS is god tier you heretic

You realize that you never actually own a game, right? The studio owns the game, you buy a license to play it.

Strictly worse than Crimson and Dios.

Is that a black guy in the background

>World release date getting closer
>Capcom releases a new trailer for the story mode
>a thunderous, familiar voice resonates through your speakers
>WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE HERE, HUNTER?
>yfw

Is the 3D in 4U any good or does everybody play with it off?

You can only disable it with Parental Controls

>is 3D [...] good
no

>chat & hunt!

>WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE HERE, YOUNGIN'?

Mh4u G1 shitter here, Kushala weps worth it?

I need goddamn daora gems so I'm wondering if I should spend the time grinding.
I main CB, HH, and IG and the Daora CB and IG seem to be good, thoughts /mhg/?

>Looking for experts!
>proceeds to triple cart

>can only farm a maximum of 30 latchberries per hunt if all your nigger cats got grand apples on latchberries
>use 60 latchberries per hunt
There are legitamately people here who think this isn't actually bad game design and instead tip their fedora to some vague sense of tradition of "that's just monster hunter, so who's up for another hunt?"

Not me, nigger. I dont have ammo.

SA because gore's SA is the coolest weapon ever

Reminder that MHW is capcoms only game for 2018 and it will bankrupt them, because barely anyone actually cares enough about MH to warrant a 5 year AAA dev cycle for one.

>tfw feminist/political controversy surrounding world
Please, no, god no.

What about Itsuno's game

Don't fucking do that. No (You). Mods, ban the cunt.

>uses all his latchberries
>uses only one gun
You can still go gather some up, or use a gun that uses P2 and P3 (or normal 1&2 even) until you get enough.
>could just by it though
At that point, might as well make it so you can buy everything that isn't a part for armor and weapons.

I thought Japanese games were immune to this?

Leaked picture of Nergigante's armor set

>Mh4u G1 shitter here, Kushala weps worth it?
They're some of the best ice weapons in the game, but ice in general isn't the best element since anything weak to it is also quite weak to raw.

>I need goddamn daora gems so I'm wondering if I should spend the time grinding.
You need Lrg Elder Dragon Gems for a ton of craftable weapons and armor anyway, and only Kush/Teo/Cham drop them. 156 of them are needed to craft all 150 items using them.

>I main CB, HH, and IG and the Daora CB and IG seem to be good, thoughts /mhg/?
Ceadeus Regalia is a much better general use CB that can be gotten at roughly the same time, within pre-Gog G3. The IG is not a bad choice.

Controversy is advertising, and there is no such thing as bad advertising.
What the fuck are you talking about though?

If they do Ace Gunner reveal I will nut

That is legit one of the most meme retarded and blatantly false modern idioms I've ever heard. Yes there is actually such a thing as bad advertising.

I think the 3d in 4u is one of the best looking 3d games on the 3ds but it gets annoying after awhile if you aren't using a new 3ds. The depth perception can help with aiming attacks sometimes too. Just try it out and see if you like it.