totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR (embed)
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vAqJbhoEzhs
reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/5awdqq/total_war_design_team_ama_submit_questions_now/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do I get over her /twg/? It's been like 3 months and I still want her back

by releasing the fucking high elf trailer

So if Skaven win we get a cool skybox and probably some terribly army or armies to fight? What happens if the other races win?

Can some explain the elf fucking meme?

Stalk her

CROWN PRINCE OF CALEDOR

i cannot wait until every elf city lies in ruins, and every haughty elven wench lies spent at the foot-paws of the rat men

Rock the... what?

Kill her, once she's a rotting corpse you won't want her anymore because she'll be all gross.

Time heals all wounds. Also if you find a hobby/talk to other women you'll forget her in a jiffy. Even though it feels like its forever, trust me you'll get over her - eveb though you wont believe me at this point

Some idiot keeps spamming a rat that wants to fuck elves, that's literally it

A FROG MORE ANCIENT THAN THE OLDEST ELF

You will bow to he who was old when this world was still young.

But Durthu is canon the oldest living being in the setting, if you don't count the oak of ages as living

Durthu was weak, witness true age!

what is this, settra?

>Tfw no skaven bf

>Avelorn had so far been spared the horrors of the invasion, for the Daemons sensed that Durthu and his kind were not dissimilar in nature to themselves, and were wary of attacking their domain if easier prey was close at hand.
> for the Daemons sensed that Durthu and his kind were not dissimilar in nature to themselves

Wait what

how could he be older than the world, unless hes an ayylien

Less than 24 hours

Its kroak

>no skink gf

trees are daemons

>tfw no tomb kangz bf
>tfw you will never be boned
why live

Lizardmen are the products of Ancient Aliens (so are the elves but dont tell them that)

I'm trying to image the bantz when you open the diplomacy panel as Orion and trying to talk with Tyrion or Malekith

I can only imagine disappointment considering Tyrion and Teclis don't even have unique diplomacy with each other.

Trees are demons but trees aren't inherently destructive like The Cycle Of Life And Death, Murder And War, Excessive Indulgence in Pleasure and Pride, and UNLIMITED POWER/SCHEMES

>Indypride fell for the archer meme again
youtube.com/watch?v=vAqJbhoEzhs
Helf range are just not worth it it seems the only HE game I've seen them win was when Turin completely dropped them and went full melee.
Also verminous valour doesn't look like a problem at all.
Also skaven can afford to just throw a hellpit away basically for free and still have a significant advantage, that makes me think HEs have a serious cost issue.

SHIELDBITING INTENSIFIES

Orion isn't even a proper elf he's an avatar of a forest god.

>4 units of Sea Guard
>No regular archers
>No regular spearmen
>White Lions against an army that has notoriously shit armor.
Holy shit somebody get this guy some help.

How do i sell my soul to Slaneesh?

My mistake he had a single unit of Helf spears.
This dude is playing High Elves like they're fucking Space Marines and not bringing enough bodies to deal with Skaven's numbers.

Guys stop shitposting under CA posts

Yeah he should have brought another unit of swordmasters to cut the chaff and regular spears as a mainline/antilarge measure, Regular archers (light armor for price/lack of skaven range maybe) would also help thin the slave wall.

>A FUCKING SKYBOX

Whoa... so this.... is the power....of the bestselling TW to date....

also
>focus firing rat ogres with your sea guard when they have anti-large melee and make up your main line

Pretty optimistic to expect CA to retroactively put in bantz like that. Most lords don't even have specific responses to any of the DLC races in TWW1 I think.

Why can't those idiots just get cancer and die or something?
I love historical titles too, but that's pathetic beyond compare

Magic is Chaos and tree spirits are magical spirits of the woods.

You figure it out.

He clearly fell for the SEA GUARD OP meme we've been spouting.

>All of us non sheep customers

toime for some more Divinity

AGE OF THE RAT SOON

as opposed to, what? A "you win" box with a flag gif?

It's pretty obvious from every game he's played that he takes too many archers every time.
That said archers seem to really under perform, especially compared to dark shards.

>DON'T WORRY GUYS, VERMINLORD WILL BE A VORTEX REWARD!

This (in the case of battle lines) is one of those minor things I'm surprised that modders haven't tried to fix. Shitty non-professional VO doesn't matter when its mostly just shouted/mixed properly with all the other sounds going on in a fight.

it's pretty ironic since most historical units are just reskins of each other with different stats
dlc wasn't that good for R2 and Attila too, I don't know what this guy is on about

So judging by the starting bonus's of kroq he's a beastlord right? He seems to get some crazy shit for monster units

If he brought regular archers and some proper spear elves instead of combining them with Sea Guard he probably could had 4 more units to use.

If your archers are also your main line you're gonna have a shitty time since the moment they close into melee you lose all your ranged firepower.

Against no armor skaven the archers would do better, they could shred plague monks/slaves/unshielded clanrats ez. Instead he takes a few sea guard and has them tickle ogres while his anti-armor White Lions engage the no-armor clan rats and get hit in the side by no-armor Plague monks

Dinosaurs and saurus seem to be his thing.

Silver helms are anti-inf melee cav right? Haven't seen them taken much, wonder how well they fair against all the elite light anti-inf units like Witch Elves/Plague Monks. The censor monks might be a problem with their debuffs/ap power.

>Just imagine being this fucking assblasted

from what i've seen so far plagueclaw catapilt seems REALLY strong. I don't remeber any artillery in the first game being THIS destructive, while also giving a strong debuff. And it's probably cheap too. Here is hoping they buff some underperforming artillery like hellblasters and organ guns.

Sea Guard seem like a really good unit to have just behind your frontline to shoot and occasionally plug a gap when needed.
They definitely aren't meant to be your first line troops

Holy shit he uses the phoenix AOE on the plague monks which aren't engage, completely wasting the morale debuffs the ability causes on a high-morale frenzy unit instead of trying to break the clanrat/slave line.

that ain't true. The Slann came only after the Old Ones, who had found the world only long after it had been formed.

The Skaven "Reveal" trailer featured queek sneaking up behind a dark elf dreadlord and stabbing her in the back, to her wide eye'd shock

Because Queek was out of frame, surprise buttsex face applied

From this began the meme of Queek surprise raping elves

Spirits who came into the world through an echo of the living beings.

Tree Spirits aren't Chaos though.

It was a popular tactic for TWW1 to leave a unit or two of spearmen in the back to defend your ranged units against cavalry.

Sea Guard are a nice unit for that since you can have them firing when your back line isn't threatened, rather than just standing around waiting. That's what I'd be using them for.

It has to be trolling
>DOZENS OF FACTIONS that added ACTUAL variety to the gameplay
Who could forget the Greeks With Slightly Better Cav, The Greeks With Decent Swordsmen, and The Greeks With Le Ebig Buffed Sp-I MEAN SPARTANS

They never learn.

why is that horse cock sucking his sweater in?

The tree's are spirits made manifest like the daemons, they're just bound to the physical world rather than the warp.

The Treemen pose a real metaphysical threat to the demons because they can harm them on the spiritual plane, which is more than any mortal can do even if their physical form is destroyed

They're definitely a great anti-cav option, archers that are also anti-large and armored will shut down most Cavalry options all on their own. No need to micro a spear unit to babysit your archers.

the rat-on-elf meme also existed before in /vtg/ due to pic related and her many ways of being pinned/trapped/dogpiled by disgusting rat men, and apparently was a thing back on Veeky Forums as well, so it wasn't entirely due to that trailer

That's someone's crude depiction of a veiny arm, user.

Yeah, that's my idea for them to.

>lizardmen on their own have more u it variety than all the spearmanii shirt guys in Attila combined
really gets your vortex spinning

Pretty sure the anti-large only applies to the guard's melee.

>Every single HE video has nothing but spamming spearmen
>MP demo comes out
>Everyone spams spearmen
>People are surprised they lose with HE because shock and fucking awe spearmen are bad against walking scalie tanks, armored walking death knights and fucking clusterfucks of sperging rats
I swear to fucking god this community is the single worse fucking community at its own game of all time.

Yes but usually cavalry will just run over archers unless you spend all your time babysitting them with spears.
Sea Guard can go handle a Cav unit all on their own

or is it?

Kroq-Gar is the elite infantry dude
Mazdamundi is focused on maximum Slann
Tehenhauin will likely be skarsnik 2.0 and bring massive buffs with skink focused armies.

Here's a question will the last one be Gor-rok or Chakax?

The thing is, you screen you archers with spears so they can keep shooting. Yeah, seaguard would probably hold their own against dogs or yeomen, but they will be shut down for a time. A time you desperately need to kill those crypt horrors or rat ogres rampaging your frontline. I doubt they'll se much of a mp use because of that.

Tetto'ekko or Kroak.

>I doubt they'll se much of a mp use because of that.
Who cares. MP is literally irrelevant. CA already said like 3% of TW players play it.

What. Most of the people playing Helves in MP seem to be doing a lot of clearly retarded shit, like bringing White Lions (mid-tier armor crackers) instead of Swordmasters (Full-on infantry shredders).

Neither, it will be Oxyotl.

I was thinking these as well. Flex infantry should never be your "main" line. Dedicated spearmen and dedicated archers will always out perform, especially when you add upgrades. 2 units of seaguard can defend your flanks against enemy cav and skirmishers.

Tetto'eko or Kroak

I would have also guesst Tiqtaqto but Mazdamundi already starts in Hexoatl

Yeah, the value for White Lions is they're good flankers being missle resistant and having stalk. Think of them like beefy nasty skulkers

When did they say that?

>Oxyotl.
He's certainly badass enough for it, and if Malus is in they could do an assassin-themed double pack

Spearmen also come with more bodies. Sea Guard would probably win an exlusively melee battle with a unit of Spelves, but High Elves generally need a solid wall of Shit-tier Elves to die horribly while the Elites like Swordmasters go to work.

Looking at the FLC schedule, the first update after Grand Campaign will be a skaven LL.
CA confirmed it wouldn't be Thanquol, and the skaven have 2 flagship Skryre units to be added, so Ikit Claw seems unlikely, what other options are there?

Tehenhauin is a Saurus

Tetto'eko and Lord Kek will be the Lizardmen's two new LL lords

Tehenhauin will be FLC

I feel like a line of 4-5 spearmen backed up by 4 archers (light armor) flank guarded by 2 sea guard (one for each side) will be a good general army base. That leaves you 8 slots for cavalry, siege, or heavy infantry

the Deathmaster himself since there are a lot of assassins already in, maybe Throt but that'd just be buffs for rat ogres/Shamblers mostly I bet

Tehenhauin is a Skink, a ripped as fuck Skink!

not that user but I think it's more like 5-7% at least according to global steam achievements I think only about 25% played a single mp battle and somewhere around 7% played 25 battles

Im sorry for posting shittid but its the only place they do Q and A

>reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/5awdqq/total_war_design_team_ama_submit_questions_now/
>MP is a hot topic, it's always being talked about internally. We’d obviously love to make the MP of every game as deep as it was in Shogun 2, of course we would, the simple fact is that this is a lot of work. We have all kinds of metrics for all kinds of things, and one of the most glaring ones is that the percentage of our players who play MP from our total playerbase is very small (5%). It's a hard sell for us, but it's debated internally constantly. Literally as I write this a discussion has broken out between 5 people about MP after reading this question... haha

No one gives a shit about MP. Its more popular to watch it on youtube than it is to actually play it.

I concur, but what do you think their bonuses will be? Tetto'eko will obviously be a lore of skies mage with bonuses to skink units, but what about Kroak? I think he'll be a Volkmar-esque buffbot with magic

>Not Tiktaq'to

laffing_terradons.png

Ikit Claw won't be FLC since they'll want to add the Skryre units with him, I'd guess. Maybe Throt, for Rat-Ogre and Hellpit Abomination buffs.

>tfw you will never be queek
>you will never come home after a long day of elf raping and lizard killing
>you will never be greeted by trap Ska
>She will never feed you the best slave-meat and the purest warpstone dust
>you will never plunge your rat penis deep into her, using the tears of elf faggots as lube

Tehen is a skink, he has a crest and he's short. He's beefy but not tall.

>the skaven have 2 flagship Skryre units to be added
they'll just add them with him. It's going to be Ikkit

Cutting out countless thousands of skaven hearts gives you some mad gains.