docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CjL1QbKECwY
youtube.com/watch?v=3PKgcbOOK1E
youtube.com/watch?v=i6qa7aptE1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=63Evr5HIN5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not letting dsg die
why must you prolong the undead curse

Continuing the discussion on Cleric's Candlestick, if I'm going to use an off-hand parrying weapon, I'm not going to use a caestus.

I'd rather use a Simple Rapier, for the bigger parrying range and the quick, forward poke to throw off rushing enemies.

>DaS3 tried so hard to kill the Souls franchise
>People refuse to let it die out
I'm actually amazed.

So who agrees for this to be the last /dsg/ thread? All in favor say aye.

nay

Aye, let this game finally die out. It's shit anyways.

That Discord is fucking cancer and you should all be ashamed

Are spell parries even worth the risk?

Considering you don't reflect them back to its user 90% of the time? Hell no.

Not at all.

unless flashword, no

not until /bbg/ and /acg/ give in first

t.jeff

I was gonna say ayy but is right

YOU FIRST, FUCKERS

get with the times grandpa
AC is dead
DEAD

D***

Remember when they confirmed dark souls 4 last year?

I don't.

But I remember "A new armored core is in early production".

>No PC release
Why do they hate money?

>People are seriously SL 45+ when they take on Cathedral or Farron Keep
How the fuck do you need such a high SL for such a piss-easy place?

>implying you can't play the best AC game with PC multiplayer already anyway
>implying that DeS and BB aren't the best souls games anyway
>implying the PC ports for all but DS2 aren't fucking awful
>implying more sales / profit = better games

How's that DeS remaster coming along? I've been busy replaying BOTH remasters for AC1.

because I beat dancer first to get a few items

I mean normal playthroughs, I'm only SL35 max at Abyss Watchers. Do people just kill fucking everything and farm for souls or what?

Ever wonder why your series is dead?

They clear abyss watchers and carthus first and then do cathedral, end up overleveled.

Just like the good ol' days in Oolacile

What AC game are you talking about with PC Multiplayer? I'm interested.

>DeS best souls game
Su..
>Bloodborne aswell
It was terrible, sorry, but it really was terrible. Had its momenet, but in the end, it was a really awful designed game.
I'm biased though, I love the multiplayer aspect of the Souls franchise, including invasions. Bloodborne's ridicolous amount of healing items and quick heals, together with stupid speed made the game unplayable for me. I seriously hate Bloodborne for what it did to the mindset of Miyazaki when he started to work on DaS3.

Well, good news for me I guess. I can be higher SL, what's the overall best SL/Weapon Upgrade Tier for Cathedral shit?

Lacks the knocking you down the hole where the elevator was supposed to be.

does the AC have the japan and non-japan regions?
because at least half of the sales are from jp

Btw, when did Dark Souls become so anime? I like it

And I forgot people do such things.

Dark Souls 3 in general is a failed anime that still somehow was aired.

People did this in literally every Souls game.

>mindset of Miyazaki when he started to work on DaS3.
I think you are reading too much into it. A lot of people liked BB more fastpaced combat, From tried to merge the two styles. I think on movement level they succeded, making DS3 much more responsive and dynamic game. The problems with DS3 combat for me come mostly from behind the scenes mechanics like removal of poise, more casual guard breaks etc.

Nuh-uh, it's a DAMN GOOD anime

AC isn't technically "dead" because there is a new game confirmed.

However, the reason it's been slow lately was literally because Bandai Namco owns GUNDAM. AC was gundam's biggest competitor for years, and Bandai namco has done everything possible (delayed the release of a game for 2 years, region-locked the servers, refused to do PC ports even when souls got one, refused to release patches to western consoles, force multiplayer) to basically remove AC as a gundam competitor.

AC never got good marketing in the west because Agetec basically just did localization and nothing else, and by the time youtube/facebook/twitter existed so games could spread through word of mouth easier, From ends up with the guys publish AC's biggest competitor. It's a shit deal. There's never been a proper AC release with decent marketing in the west.

Quality-wise, the games have only gotten better with time despite that. ACLR, ACFA, and ACVD are all great.

>What AC game are you talking about with PC Multiplayer? I'm interested.
The PSP ports have online multiplayer through a fan server. They play identical to the PS2 games but with slight adjustments to default controls and HUD, the controls being a non-issue for PC since they're fully customizable and you can rebind anyway. There isn't yet a regular pvp group (and it's a pain to set up) but if your PC can run dark souls, you can render AC in 4k and use a PS3 controller. Probably should move the conversation to /acg/ if you wanna get the specifics though.

Here's some guides:
youtube.com/watch?v=CjL1QbKECwY
youtube.com/watch?v=3PKgcbOOK1E

I seriously hate the lightning fast enemies, they feel so cheap made for no real purpose.
For a Souls game, DaS3 fails in so many departments.

I agree the more responsive gameplay was a nice thing, but they didn't need to remove Poise to achieve that.

It's kind of sad how fucking easy the game is, if you just equip a Straightsword and R1 your way around the game.

There's absolutely no plot though.

Ohshit, I might try an AC game and see if it fits me, since DaS3 was so shit that it killed my enjoyment in Souls games.

So what makes a good rollcatching weapon? Fast attacks, wide swings, what is it?

Something that have quick recovery and fast attacks. Shotels and such are decent for it.
Actually, the Crescent Axe and Twin Prince's Greatsword are both crazy Roll-catchers.

>Ohshit, I might try an AC game and see if it fits me, since DaS3 was so shit that it killed my enjoyment in Souls games.

Start with AC3. If you don't want multiplayer, emulate the PS2 version (PCSX2) because it's easier to set up and has better default controls. A LOT of the customization and gameplay is very similar to souls, but as a shooter instead of melee.

Once you pop your cherry, slowly work your way up to Last Raven by playing in release order after AC3. Skip ninebreaker.

No joke, ACLR is the hardest game From Soft has ever made, which is why this: comic is so depressing. They thought that it would be the last AC game because From didn't have a PS3 dev kit, so they basically poured everything into making it a masterpiece to finish the series off intended purely for existing fans.

Yes, which is why Curved Swords are probably the best roll catching weapons in the game.

thanks

long/wide hitboxes/swings, forward momentum, swing speed matching the recovery frames and a good player to use them

also thanks

The amount of phantom range.

gracias

Oh, so that was the meaning in that comic, it made no sense to me.
Personally I just like medieval environment, casting spells and shit. Therefore I never searched for a Mech-game, but Armored Core keeps popping up and I might aswell try it, since the Souls franchise is now at an end, with possibly one of the worst closures ever.

>Phantoms can STILL hit you double the length of their Straightswords
>People at leddit will defend this, saying it's just your connection

You're facing people with terrible internet, the actual range of straight swords isn't beyond their model lengths as much as any weapons hitbox is.

Has to be their terrible net, I got really decent net and I just don't get how an invader can hit me at times, when he's not even hitting me on my screen.
It really makes my blood boil when they gesture spam if they win, due to teleporting all over the place.

AC is post-apocalyptic underground society stuff, but there's definitely a sort of feudal knight aesthetic with how the mechs are treated. Basically the template for invaders and NPCs in souls is lifted right out of AC.

It's terrible internet for sure, this happens in every Souls game against people with bad connections. If you're playing on console this is even worse because the 30 FPS limit actually does make dodging things like the straight sword R1>R1>R2 combo almost impossible.

so i somehow never got into playing int build in dark souls but i saw some guy walking like gandalf chad wielding staff and sword and it kinda inspired me to try the same shit in ds2

any notable spells i should get asap? can you use normal magic and pyromancy at the same time?

>they feel so cheap made for no real purpose
I think they are fine, breaks up the sleeping spell DS games canbe and keeps you on your toes.
>It's kind of sad how fucking easy the game
Oh dont start with this shit all DS games are "easy" once you figure them out.

Any greatsword that isn't db is great for rollcatching. Onyx is probably the most brutal because of the length, probably catches even fastrollers

Spells you should get early are Great Soul Arrow and Great Heavy Soul Arrow from Forest/Earthen Peak or purchased from Carhillion in No Man's Wharf. You can also get Soul Spear from a drop in Huntsman's Copse. From there you have some leeway including getting Heavy Homing Soul Arrow from Ruin Sentinels Soul which is great in PvP, Soul Greatsword in Drangleic Castle, and Crystal Soul Spear from NG+ Freja's Soul. You should rush Tseldora as well to get the Staff of Wisdom early if you're playing Scholar. You can use normal magic and pyromancy since fire scaling is based off combined INT+FAI meaning any caster build can reliably use pyromancy as an alternative option.

>any notable spells i should get asap?
Well if you plan on sword&staff than magic weapon is a good choice, hush is cheap as fuck but also very powerful addition to that, basically what DS3 calls "assasin". Other than that, just try different spells, some are shit, some are fine, some have fun situational uses but worthless the rest of the time.

Yes you can offspec into either pyro or hexing, tho both would likely require some faith investment for maximum profit, less so with pyro

Yeah, but.. Isn't it mostly ranged combat?

I just don't get how it's in the other guy's favor, shouldn't it be based on what I see, since he's in MY world?

>Most of the game is trivialized by equipping a straightsword and R1'ing away
>You're literally guided throughout the game, since it's so linear. You even get teleported right to where you needs to go after killing 4 Lords of Cinder
>Warping from the getgo (DaS2 had this aswell, and I simply don't get why)
>Barely ever need to repair shit, even got the dumb auto-repair without a repairbox
>Roll-spamming is made insanely easy, and costs little stamina

The only danger I felt in DaS3, was those Kukri fuckers at the Catapult in Smouldering Lake, those fuckers are a whole new level of frustration.

Literally never used Onyx, just didn't look like something I'd use.

Any tips for the 4 kings?

SHITTON OF POISE
HEAVY AS FUCK WEAPON
HIT R1 UNTIL DEAD

Havel's armor and a shield or just 2h any weapon, they can't do shit to you while you chug yourself back to full.

Just roll and learn when to run, poise is for shitters.

THIS GUY IS RIGHT
BUT SO AM I

Place an item you don't need on the floor the second you land, use that to determine where to look for next spawns.
Get Poise, it makes the fight easier.
Rush them down the second they spawn, else it'll turn into a DaS3 gank quickly.

They're weak to:
- Fire
- Lightning
- Magic

>other guy's favor
Connection lag is finnicky and there is a number of ways game tries to make it less painful for both sides, sometimes this shafts the host.

>I felt in DaS3
Look you just hate DS3, and that's fine, but trying yo pretend that criticisms you level are objective is childish. I fucking hate DS1 for not having warping from get go for example, doesnt make it a bad game. Just one for a different taste. No one's forcing you to play it afterall

>I just don't get how it's in the other guy's favor, shouldn't it be based on what I see, since he's in MY world?

Every Souls games multiplayer is P2P meaning a players own internet determines how much lag other players experience with them. No matter if you're the host or invader how good or bad the other players internet is impacts their performance on your end.

We can dream though: youtube.com/watch?v=i6qa7aptE1Q

thanks

>roll our of opponents backstab attempt
>see that hes still mid animation
>try exploiting this with a running attack
>running attack hits him
>i get sucked into the his backstab animation anyway
2fast2furious

thanks for that
what class should i start with?

Cleric what do you fucking think

Sorceror, duh.
Although it might take a lot of invesment so you'll survive more than 4 hits and actually be able to hold a shield without being penalised.

also should i just run around with some 1 handed magic infused weapon?

Shield, on a sorcere, in DS2. For what purpose?

Yeah, sure.
Go for Magic Rapier if you wanna cheese the game, but you have full reign on what you want to use.

>Doing low SL Dark Hand run
>Wolnir
I swear, I used to be able to do this, but now? God, this damage isn't doing it.

>Great Magic Shield buff
>watch and laugh as everything fails to get past your defences
Combine it with the Blue Flame for the ultimate Magic Warrior build.

> can you use normal magic and pyromancy at the same time?
Yes. Pyromancy even scales off the average of your int/fth investment, so you don't need to invest in fth to get good pyro scaling. 50 int will get you both max pyro and max spell scaling.

>any notable spells i should get asap? can you use normal magic and pyromancy at the same time?
Magic weapon. Infused+Buffed is the best way to go for your weapons, since they stack.

You can get soul spears in earthen peak, and obtain an extra copy for each ascetic you burn. Using ascetics on a few bosses will actually let you get the Clear Bluestone Ring +2 and Southern Ritual Band +2, which are hugely useful for casters.

That doesn't answer my question. Most enemies in DS2 are so slow they should never touch you.

Aren't skellies generally resistant to dark? Use a raw mace or morning star with charcoal pine

There are fast enemies, like the Alonne Weeb Knights and the fucking dogs you find scattered in some areas.
It's just handy to have a shield on hand.

I'm doing a Dark Hand run, already did it once. I just wanted to redo it because save files got corrupted before Twin Princes.

>Yeah, but.. Isn't it mostly ranged combat?
youtube.com/watch?v=63Evr5HIN5I

Yes, but that doesn't stop some people. You can melee the whole game, it's just a bit difficult and repetitive. "Blade only" is the "SL1" version of AC.

What are some good weapons to use early on?

I'm doing a Londor themed character and want to abuse people early on. I'm gonna be going all the way to 120, but I wanna do early game invasions too.

I honestly think just dumping those points into adaptability would do you more good, but as usual, whatever suits your play style best.

>What are some good weapons to use early on?
Any odd raw longsword, or you can use astoras

>Put down a summon sign by Snek Queen
>Guy who summoned me didn't burn the windmill
>He dies in five seconds without the queen even hitting him

Swordring then

>I legit forgot this shit existed
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

put the sign before the poison pool and guide the player

>look up Yuria and Yoel's names
>both Hebrew names with connections to Light and God
>make ass hole invader
>Adriel of Londor
>Follower of God
Suddenly having more fun.

I really do like making themed characters.

I typically wave my torch around like mad and point hosts towards the Windmill. I know they'll just die to the poison if they don't do that.

>mfw I can still invaded people in DS2 with my plus 10 Raw claymore at 93k SM

what makes raw weapons good and when should you get them?
t brainlet

When scaling is not a factor

God fucking damned, and I though favela shitters were bad.

It gives big boost to raw damage but makes scaling so little you can ignore it.

Is there anything remotely useful or good in the Harvest Valley death cloud?

I think there was a slab.

They boost base damage but remove scaling. So if you have low stat investment, they're generally better.

Raw was shit in DS1 because it only went up to the equivalent of +10 (all other upgrades go to +15).

It was situational in DS2 because some weapons had no scaling (so raw was just a pure damage increase) and scaling was bad enough that some weapons would be better with raw. It basically killed 85% of your scaling but boosted damage by 15%.

It was good in DS3 because the base damage increase was very high, making it better than most infusions until you reached ~15-20 str/dex.

the pick-ups in the valley are good, the tunnels filled with poison has some titanite I think, not sure if it's a slab like says but it's worth it enough to stock on up lifegems and work your way through it.

Apparently the slab is SOTFS exclusive.