/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 27th of September:
1066 – William the Conqueror and his army set sail from the mouth of the River Somme, beginning the Norman conquest of England.
1422 – After the brief Gollub War the Teutonic Knights sign the Treaty of Melno with the Kingdom of Poland and Grand Duchy of Lithuania
1669 – The Venetians surrender the fortress of Candia to the Ottomans, thus ending the 21-year-long Siege of Candia.
1822 – Jean-François Champollion announces that he has deciphered the Rosetta Stone.
1905 – The physics journal Annalen der Physik received Albert Einstein's paper, "Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy Content?", introducing the equation E=mc2.
1940 – World War II: The Tripartite Pact is signed in Berlin by Germany, Japan and Italy.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 25/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1046202
EU4 DD 19/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1044623

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.1
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/QB2XkSZ
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/190530510/#q190577837
youtube.com/watch?v=7UAdryzNcNk
youtube.com/watch?v=g3sJB2tcoJY
youtube.com/watch?v=bNuymtmRHJM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

second for greater Syria free of Kurds

>realism

*cums in german*

>that feel when 80/90s are gone forever
OR ARE THEY?

No, I call him fucking NOTHING now he killed Willy.
Fuck that Flemish wannabe frognigger, he can burn in hell for all I care.

don't really know the context of this
nor do i really care
but this is such a t. gee junk post that i just have to say it
t. gee junk

hosting an eu4 game get in
discord.gg/QB2XkSZ

Holding Jerusalem as Godfrey and I get a shia and a sunni jihad declared on me at the same time.. hmm yes quite

YEEEEHAW

yeah, uh-huh
you know what it is

haha yes

Can I get some general tips for someone coming from EU3 to EU4?

I tried a game with France, couldnt even kick the Brits out in the first war. In the second, they somehow ignored the Belligerents shit and I ended up in a war with Castille too.

>not converting, taking them down during bad times and having christian concubine to reconvert when time is right

ahh beverages

Just another day in EU multiplayer session

Dem warmongering ainus.

>default uses spanish republican colours
>republic and communist uses spanish monarchist colours
ah yes

gook morning

Those flags look so pederast

See
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/190530510/#q190577837
And

What was russia even thinking?

>all those qt japs and koreans subject to the jungle monkeys
Delete this save. Now!

If you played civ 4 and civ 5, or Morrowind and Skyrim, than you would understand.the changes better.
You have to get into the smaller brain usage but ample broadscale tedious fake complexity.
Try to do things as if you would do if you were dumber.

>it's real
Holy fuck

>try incredibly hard to increase population growth in your country
>all the growth happens to non-accepted cultures in africa

what do

>says the fag who is ALWAYS helping/posting eu4
You will NEVER be able to compete with the power of liqqy, retard.

do I make my Cultural Empire or create a new empire for my Jerusalem Kingdom?

surely some drawfag/graphic design user could make nicer looking rectangle frames than these

Historically accurate also
>importing fuel
boy you're fucked once you become a GP and leave the US's sphere

The issue is that if you make anything more complex than that they will either cut the flag or, if you go outwards, be out of the monitor. In fact, the GP frame already is cut off in part, check ingame, you'll see the upper right and lower right curls are half out of the screen.

The whole point is that they're as minimalist as possible so you can see the flag properly.
I'd remove the corner baubles though, they look ethnic. Also, make uncivilised look less flashy.

they look fine enough. do you just want opulence?

>check ingame, you'll see the upper right and lower right curls are half out of the screen
it shouldn't even have the curls tbqh, looks bad. maybe I'll remove them myself.

they look weird to me, like textboxes in a SNES jrpg or something. doesn't match the aesthetic.

Looks good in the diplo screen though.

I can see where he's coming from though. could the borders from the other menu items be stolen?

The morrowind skyrim comparison is too real - they're both examples of great games being boiled down into a mere imitation of what they were

There is an old mod that does that, I think one or two people still have it, like pic related. It's not favoured though because it makes the flags smaller, cuts parts of them off, and messes with the pixels on some of them.

I'm playing CK2 and I'm trying to conquer all of Spain. My wife is an Italian countess who's leading troops in her own civil war while I fight mudslimes in the southern half of the peninsular. How do I get control of her county? How do get her to my castle to make babies?

that is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen

I was already out of the American sphere, used the Soviets to get me out of there and told them to go fuck themselves afterwards

SP looks good, but the GP one is garbage

The flag frame mod or the blobbing dixiums?

the flag frame

Both are shit because the flags are actually shrunk from their original size, so detail is lost.

if you are playing vanilla. She could be in Africa and You could be in Norway and you could still sire children together the problem with your children is, I'm not sure what court they live in since there are 2 (yours and hers) you need to; have a kid with her have that child be your heir have that child be her heir and when you both die the child should inherit your titles and hers (counties, duchies, kingdoms etc)

Plus, the CSA's stars are cut off due to the frame, it's just all round trash.

How are you sustaining your industry? I assume you don't have a lot of oil driven factories because i always get industry problems after leaving abig sphere.

Hey HPM, are you gonna change the province claims setup in South America so that all the major territorial conflicts don't resolve in less than a decade? Stuff like Chile declaring the Pacific war instantly whereas IRL it was in 1880, Brazil fighting Paraguay for Iguatemi in 1845 etc. Would be pretty easy to solve by tying them to decisions/events requiring Nationalism and Imperialism or something.

Why the fuck are people obsessed with square/rectangular flag frames, they're ugly as fuck

even if the flags weren't cut off, they're horribly made

t. Johan

kys

Because you get less than half the flag with vanilla, just a circle of it in the centre.

is loose

>someone that plays EU4 a lot knows what is EU4 all about
I have played liqquria too just so I could see what it is about and even though it is a good game it just doesn't work for me. I dislike the time period and the combat system. A mix with the best from both games in ancient or medieval setting would be great.

I barely am
I'll just keep the subsidies and upgrades around until I produce a relevant amountof goods from my RGOs, and then restructure pretty much everything here.

I'd rather have small flags than large ugly shit

the good rectangle ones aren't ugly at all

I'd take sinfully ugly square frames over beautifully made circular frames any day

I wouldn't go to France.

>grab a nation from the American SoI
>US gets 120 influence in said nation from thin air
this is painful

>brazil trying to power project over america

Is Japan still boring af in M&T?

>A horde gets banking before central Germans
What the fuck is wrong with this system.

>not playing /gsg/ and taxes
there's your problem lad

>memes and texas

what does your name mean

Yes, Korea is still OP and Ming is still unstable as fuck because of floods. Just play Korea and steal all Mings trade.

Rogue /gsg/ thread

It means he's a casual shitter who whines about EU4 being too dumb but also shits on any attempt to make it better (memeiou)

ah yes

>pass NO reforms
>militancy slowly rises
>pass reforms, but not the ones people want
>rebellions spike and militancy rises at a phenomenal pace
ah yes

>you will never get comfy with Hitler

Why do I even live?

White men. Now make uncivilised black.

I think it's already supposed to look like a frame made of rope or something like a noose

>but not the ones people want
hmmm

Am I just going to have to give up on finding a game that is GSG with actual gameplay? I'm thinking of something like Total War campaigns or a game like Wargame with a dynamic campaign mode that includes diplomacy and nation building. If so, what gsg game should I start with?

The fact they're getting ANY reforms as opposed to none should sedate them marginally.

Only in your dreams, frog poster.

Well then it should be brown rather than cream.

>Taiwan's industry is bigger than PRC's

just like real life

first off, it does sedate them. if you notice, when you pass a reform militancy instantly drops.
secondly, it doesn't directly make them furious. it indirectly does it via "radicalization". if you hover over an unwanted reform while there is a strong movement in your country, you will notice some red letters. this radicalizes the movement, making all of its members rebels one radicalization passes "100".

but ultimately yeah, it is logic for them to be happy and not angrier. but if that was the case, everyone would cheese it by using the suffrage movement to spam healthcare and education.

>2.19% bureaucrats

>Bulgarians
>hating on Macedonians
Stay jelly pseudo Turks

youtube.com/watch?v=7UAdryzNcNk

Canada what are you doing
Still a long way to go until we reach 100% admin efficiency family

what the hell

Three dots.
I used to use them a lot in first several years here and some people started recognizing My post patterns so I trained myself to not use them as much as I would.
I am on Veeky Forums since it was made in 2012. and I want to give people the opportunity to filter my posts here in gsg.
i despise namefaggotry and tripfagging but since 2014 and especially since 2016. it has become a must.

Bombing the limeys from Iceland and the faroe islands lads

damn are you secretly redpilled
You should just do what I do and post how you usually post regardless, and let them make their meme personalities for you if they so wish.
stay whitaeo es basedo lad

Thats was...incredibly trashy.
Not even fun balkan slav themes either.

youtube.com/watch?v=g3sJB2tcoJY

>I want to give people the opportunity to filter my posts here in gsg.
Based, wish more people thought like this

monkeydonia cannot recover from this
youtube.com/watch?v=bNuymtmRHJM

>xDxD we should all tripfag and upvote each other
might be more your speed, laddo.