/vn/ - Doki Doki Edition

Visual Novel General #1648

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous Thread:
This general is for the discussion of translated Japanese visual novels.
EVN are welcome
E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

shinku-translations.net/july-update-plans-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How did you get that nice background instead of space?

Yuki

i'm a ddlc poster but you either retarded or a falseflagger

Plus the lighting is completely different, yeah I want to know how to get that
Not this

It's an edit. A shame they didn't take more care to it because you can clearly see some fuck ups near the curtains.

;_;

I'm sad.

Why did Yuki have to stay 'alive' in the Sunflower ending? Ruined it to be honest.

Fuck off, im glad she survived.

SAKU
A A
K K
U U

fug, I got cucked by noscript

edit the game files and swap out the space BG

Determination
Yuki being alive was why I liked Sunflowers, actually

I mean it doesn't really matter because in the true ending we pretty much find out that all of this shit is in someone's head.

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

Jesus fuck that scared me

It happens a bit after this scene
No matter what you think editing background doesn't change lighting

I want to be in this room

>the DDLC posters everyone was complaining about were /vn/ regulars who read Subahibi all along

>ywn be asphyxiated by 3 pairs of tiddies

You figured this out now?

Clover Day's when?

So people who read good VNs?

Going to have to switch sides from the neutral-to-EVN to the anti-EVN. Getting a bit fed up.

>triple amount of Monikas to mock you for playing moege

I see Subahibi recommended a lot to people in /v/ DDLC threads. They're going to be the next generation of VN enthusiasts (whether that's a good/bad thing is up to your interpretation)

why

I know a lot of people reflexively hate on newfags, but expanding the market is really needed for future projects to be successful. It's already stagnating with stuff like Subahibi flopping

Xth for hope

IMO it's more preferable than the Katawa Shoujo newbies back in the day.

>going to /v/
Fuck off.

Sellout announcement when?

My friend who read dokidoki is now reading subahibi after my recommendation. I'm worried that might have been to much for one of his first titles though.

everyone here is anti-evn, even people who like ddlc

Is there a DDLC route I should follow? I'm making a poem and I'm not sure which girl I should be making happy.

Not really, but you should go for best girl Yuri.

Even then, Katawa Shoujo brought a lot of people into the VN world and a lot of people here have even said it was one of their first VNs. We were all newfags at one point.

Doesnt matter

Is Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate any good?
The art looked like another certain VN that was getting "translated" so it got my interest.

Okay guys, some of you may or may not have already anticipated this development, and regardless whether you personally like it or not, I’d at least like you to read this post before you form a definite opinion about it.

First of all, for those of you who haven’t heard the news, there won’t be a fan-translation patch. Instead, it has turned out the game will be officially released on both Steam and Denpasoft by Sekai Project. Needless to say, we’re collaborating with Sekai Project in this regard.

Now, however, I’ll have the option to put more time into translation because we’ll actually get paid for our work. This means more titles for you, which is–being a big visual novel fan myself–something I’m very happy about.

I like Marika more though. People may see her as bland, but I like my normal childhood friend waifu even without any notable quirks or traits. I could even say that Marika's lack of any notable traits is the reason that makes her special compared to other special snowflake heroines.
Because if you tried to read it all in one sitting like normal VNs, you will get burned out before you can finish even a route because there is nothing to keep the interest up, like plot twist or serious drama or the such that exist in other VNs. Which is why I said you need to pace yourself and remind yourself that there is no point rushing things up, just relax and enjoy the day-to-day life with your waifu. If you ever get tired of reading your waifu's route, close the VN and go read other stuff, there is no important plot points that you need to remember, no true route that you need to achieve, no pressure at all. Just remember that you always have your waifu to fall back to after all the drama and tears that you read in other VNs.

>thinking that Minato would sell to anyone other than JAST
Nice meme.

What did you think about DDLC?

Hmm, that was over a year ago
shinku-translations.net/july-update-plans-2/

Yuki!

I will probably read the partials for HoshiOri exactly because there is nothing to remember.

>This thread
/Vn/ is truly dead

Everything about this general has been stuck in 2015.
We will never grow up. Always stuck in the past.

We're simply resting to regain our strength. We'll reanimate once again very soon.

I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, probably because I was heavily spoiled. It has a lot of modding potential, though. I'd like to add stuff like:
-Scanning the list of installed Steam games and having Monika say different things based on the games installed
-Different endings based on messing with the .chr files i.e. deleting all files except Monika's and then starting the game gets you a special ending

Halt, O time...for thou art fair

I shall destroy this wretched place!

That list should have Dies Irae, Fata Morgana, and Subahibi on it.

I'll shitpost after i'm done having lunch

No, you are part of the problem.

I hope you choke on your lunch

Kill yourself please

>Uta 3 is twice as long as Uta 2
Jesus christ I have way too much on my backlog

Probably would help to stop spending so much time here

I didn't realise when reading through it.

youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ

relevant

>Reading DDLC since everyone is angry about it
>Get to the part where Monica says that she knows more than I think, and then read the poem that's just "get out of my head" repeating over and over
>Suddenly the doorbell rings

FUCK YOU AMAZON PRIME

Fuck no. Never touch it.

>Reading EVN garbage
kys

A couple of autists isn't "everyone".

AI IS CUTE, CUTE!!!
MORE AI WHEN

Ai shouldn't be cute, she's supposed to be a delinquent

This weekend

E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.

Tell me /vn/, how long would you last before you pop a boner and poke her head with it?

AI IS A CUTE DELINQUENT, CUTE!!!

>15 H-scenes

Autism speaks.

It's hard to know this until it happens to you in real life

pOST all the Tsuujidou girls in one oimage so I can decide which one is best based on their looks alone

I'm saving up, I don't think I can handle it otherwise.

Delinquents aren't for marrying, they're for pumping and dumping

AI IS THE CUTEST, CUTEST!!!

I wouldn't even get to the lap pillow before my pants were on fire.

Irru, have you read Doki Doki Literature Club? I think you would enjoy it.

He said he read it already

Can't wait to dump Ai for the other girls 2bh

>end it with Monika
>having to read her begging for help because she is in pain and she is crying out my name
I didnt want to do this, forgive me

I hope the writers aren't going to say Kazuki was in the right here. Wandering off would be absolutely retarded.

Also, how in the h*ck is that a bus in that background?

what are the chances of Kimi to Kanojo getting an official localization? Since all hopes for the fan TL are dead in the water.

Waiting warmly...

It was fun. I needed something different after reading nothing but cute delinquents for a few months.

I'm so excited. Are you and trip planning on taking a breather or jumping straight into the next route?

Also thoughts on the EVN argument that's been going on the past week?

WHY WOULD YOU EVER DUMP CUTE AI, CUTE!!!

what have I done

Why do you think so? JAST has been able to get the rights to some of Nitro's biggest titles before.

Kazuki planned the crash to fake her death.

You'll enjoy the credits

I pity you. You haven't yet learned the joys of delinquent and gyaru purification into loving, monogamous waifus

rude desu

If JAST couldn't release 2 of his Nitro+ titles after 5 years, then none.

I hope that this time they port it faster than S;G 0

Is that true? I'm so glad i dropped that kusoge on the second game.

>Irru finally having finished the Ai route