/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Last thread
I'm really diggin' it! edition

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Like I said in the last thread:
I'm guessing the rimjobworld mod isn't being worked on anymore? Asking for a friend.

Needs more butts.

What was that mod, anyway?

Sex and STDs. I am not fapping over Rimworld (honest), I just like to have that added DEPTH

>sex and STDs
Well, to be fair, sex is already in the game, but it's very basic.

Not sure why you'd like that, a single slut can give gonorrhea to your entire settlement. Even to your dog. Dear Heaven, the mental image is awful.

You'd have to be at the bottom of the barrel to fap to Rimworld, so don't worry, I believe you.

that's a good butt

If Styg added the ability to buy components at a guaranteed quality then locked it behind the mercantile skill then that might make mercantile actually useful.

I thought it was cool having it be a need.

But yeah, getting an STD cause my guy couldn't stop rimming his wife was... interesting

Mercantile is already pretty decent as is, and if Styg delivers on his promise to add some Mercantile exclusive items it will be even better.

>Steam World's creator are of my nationality
>Have to give in to the national unity and buy the games at some point
Well, at the least its not Dreamfall.

tfw my glorious thread on /v/ is kill

Sorry user, but we shouldn't overstay our welcome.

>glorious
>on /v/
But how?

500+ posts and minimal shitposting

idk user

Speaking of that, I seem to get shit at Rimworld really quickly.
>landed in temperate forest, next to desert

>desert is actually 60% of the map
>barely enough wood to function
>build most of my stuff out of sandstone
>suddenly some naked guy arrives and invite himself in it
I do like the challenge of having limited soil to grow stuff. It reminds me of Stronghold Crusade, where you would have to fight for fertile ground.

Expansion will be fun times.

I'm about 15 hours into my first build; things are going pretty ok but I'm constantly running out of psi and I get one shotted by crossbows pretty often. Could you guys take a look at my character and tell me what I can improve?

S: 8 (big mistake I know, but I followed a shitty guide)
D: 3
A: 3
C: 3
P: 3
W: 13 (+ Max will)
I: 10

Melee: 75
Hack/Lock: ~50
Mech/electr/tailoring: ~40-50
Though control: 75
Meta: 75
Psycho: 30
Some points in some other skills

Expertise
Hunter
Opportunist
Paranoia
Snooping
Cerebral Trauma
Force User
Thermo
Premeditation

Insulated psi vest that gives 21% mech resistance and some other buffs.
Psycho amplifier
Rathound leather tabbi boots
Shitty shield but it's the best I could craft
Butchers cleaver and steel gloves

>I'm constantly running out of psi
Normal.

>I get one shotted by crossbows pretty often
Normal for low HP builds and your is basically the lowest HP build possible. Try to kill them first before they can kill you.

Never made a psi monk so can't give much advice.

You're an official owner of FATAL aren't cha?

mercantille is kinda useful if you got for a no-crafting character, since it also opens up more deals from shops like buying focus stims, MK3's and better gear

You skipped out on maxing Psychokinesis? Why? It was the best thing to go along with your melee, and basically your only reliable weapon against bots. You should try to get it higher.

You still haven't specialized, you should. Locus of Control is your first priority, but after that specialize. Your headband is for critting, but I'm not sure your build would be able to handle Psychosis, especially since you are already struggling with cost and it would take you five more levels to get to Psionic Mania. So go with Tranquility instead. Even if you lose the bonus at least you won't suffer any additional downsides. And craft yourself a muffled headband to help with that psi cost a bit.

>MK3's
You can find MK III as loot. Mercantile allows you to buy up to MK IV.

What's FATAL?

>15 hours in
>hunter
You're fast.

First of all, gear/buildwise, your psi regen and costs are almost as good as they can be, so you just need to learn to manage your psi better. Your build isn't perfect but improving your own skills and tactics is often more important than your character's.

Since you have so ludicrously high int, you should focus on crafting because that's the main advantage you're getting: higher level crafts earlier and with less skillpoints.
Get uni-psi amplifier instead since you use all three skills, they're way better for multiple psi skill builds.
What's the threshold on that vest? 21% resist seems really low if unless it has laminated ballistic panel.
If your shield is shitty, go ahead and shop around for better components. Check out electronics shops in all big stations. You'll also find some oddities when exploring the cities, maybe level up.

Attribute distribution is way too minmaxed for my tastes, but that's what you get for following guides made by theorycrafters. Trust me, 8 str is not the worst part of that. It's definitely viable build though, you could get through the game on hard with nothing but maxed willpower and psi skills.

But you'll probably die a lot here and there due to being blind, slow and weak.
3 per: even with paranoia is still less than 5 per, you wont see traps or sneaky assholes. Can be countered with good detection goggles.
3 dex+agi: you will pretty much always act last in combat and you're locked out of all speed feats.
3 con: not a huge deal with psi unless you go down the Psychosis route. Better pick Tranquility or not pick a psi path at all. But Meditation gives you more psi points if you go that way.

And why only 30 psychokinesis? It should be maxed.

A really bad tabletop game with a lot of very strange rules.
Including a roll to calculate your anal circumference, and varied example of several things that can go in. Including a finger, a manhood, and a fist.

>Attribute distribution is way too minmaxed for my tastes, but that's what you get for following guides made by theorycrafters.
I agree. They tend to overestimate the value of maxing primary attributes and underestimate the impact of lowering every other attribute to achieve that.

My min-maxed sniper doesn't even have 16 PER and has only one attribute at less than 5.

I think it's also possible to accidentally rape enemies to death during combat. Maybe Spoony said that.

>accidentally rape

Nowadays I'm playing with 3 dropped attributes, but my first runs were all more balanced, even my primary attribute was only 12 by the end, and I think I was better off for it.

I also have a strong dislike of following build guides for this same reason. If you build something sensible, it will work, even if it's not minmaxed with the usual bend but not break attitude. Going with your own build also allows you to learn organically, you will pick the feats that help with what you already are doing, or you have noticed you could be doing.

No build guide will teach you how to play, and this makes them a bigger trap than going in blind.

>a roll to calculate your anal circumference

>No build guide will teach you how to play, and this makes them a bigger trap than going in blind.
THIS

Thanks for the advice lads. I'll start getting my psychokinesis up.

As for the vest, it says an increase of 200% against bullets and has a hybrid ballistic panel

You think I'm kidding?

No I do not. Do I just roll a d100 for this?

Yeah. And another for your hair.

I'm looking at it but my brain doesn't believe it

It's a very low quality ballistic panel then. You could craft a much better armor if you can find good components.

All tactical vests have that triple defense against bullets, but obviously it won't work against crossbows. High resistance, evasion or just killing the fuckers first works better against them.

Hair next. Not sure how 51 translates to my anal circum though

Ye, recommend me a good Indie on PS4.

Hair is thin and straight

What level do you need to be to beat the gauntlet?

51 translates to a normal manhood of the same species, so 5-6 inches for a human or human-sized race.

If you're in the middle age, you get 61 anal circumference. It's equivalent to a thick manhood.

Not an EXTRA THICC though.

Welcome to the most WTFesque RPG.

This entirely depends on your build and what challenges you get.

Stuff like this makes me feel less bad about things I waste my time on .

It could be anything from something like 15 to NEVER EVER.

What's the matter? Too deep for you?

How long is steamworld dig 2? I liked the first, but it was way, way too short.

tfw no Ljubostanka gf

tfw no sledgehammer bf

This one's about 9-10 hours

>Can't have all my rimworld mods on as some items begin conflicting with others

How can I fix this myself? I assume load order, but rearranging it enough times has resulted in just weirder anomalies rather than NO anomalies.

>tfw no secret police rodent gf

>tfw no psi user gf that mind controls me into submission

>tfw no indie gamer gf

>tfw no big balor cock bf

Sometimes I try to tell myself this is all satire, but you fuckers are not making my job easy.

>mfw some mods that look really useful on Rimworld don't work
Fuck.

What exactly are you telling yourself is satire?

>6.1k stygian coins
Based arena, will I ever have to sell anything again?

Yes, that isn't even much. I once burned 11k upgrading my house with all the brown stuff which is the cheapest and I didn't get anywhere close to getting all the decorations and hadn't even started on a single workbench.

>house
what's the point?

It has workbenches that give you buffs to crafting skills while inside.

Crafting stations

What game? Underrail?

yep

How would a completely average build go? Evenly distribute attributes/stats on level up for the entire game.

>tfw no oblivious gf

>went with 10 DEX instead of 10 STR for my psi-monk
FUCK. Corporeal Projection and the Power Fist would be so much better than Lightning Punches and crafted gloves.

badly

Like this? /build/?AwGlEYBYQJgVhAdhANia9bl1DkkBOfIw4s0ikq86ym+woA

Now help me decide The Most Average Feats for The Ultimate Average Joe build.

But you can't go ATATATATATATATA without lightning punches.

Obviously general utility feats that any build and playstyle can benefit from. Pack rathound, paranoia, quick pockets, etc.

See that's what I was thinking would happen, but most enemies don't get close enough to me to justify a low AP cost. At least my initiative is okay.

Just imagine the size of the changelog when the new Underrail patch comes out. That thing must be huge by now.

I just got into UnderRail this past week so I have no idea what they're working on. Anything really cool or just bugfixes?

Would be funny if it came out on the one-year anniversary of the last patch.

I fucked up guys

I lost Bob's uniform for the Corecity quest

I could never finish that quest with the Bob disguise. Shit's hard, yo. Sneakan and killan is much easier.

but I'm a member of the protectorate

Doesn't matter.

Look around the docks.

Styg really needs to expand on the Dude

Dunno, man. I still feel bad about pushing him deeper into depression.

but if I kill one of them I'm fucked

Does the uniform matter? I got inside using just my own metal armor and equipping his pass in my utility bar. They'd still notice me if I got too close or bumped someone though.

oh shit you're right

I didn't realize I have to equip the pass

It never actually tells you that until a certain part of the game where you have to equip one to avoid being shot by security bots.

Nah.

I'm pretty sure that warehouse is one of the places it doesn't matter. It's the same way for a protectorate prison during a certain mission.

So the next big step for me in Depot A (o boi). I'm doing a mostly melee build and favouring sledgehammers. What kinds of armour and other gear do I need so that my anus doesn't get stretched too much?

siphoners armor boi

I've actually been putting points into tailoring too.

if you got some chemistry you can make an armor out of the mutant dog's leather
it has some nice acid resist

Let us know if you see any two-headed mutants.

wut

Any help theorycrafting a nimble small guns thought controller? I'm new to this shit and I'm also stupid.

D 8
A 7
C 5
P 7
W 7

Max guns, thought control, stealth, intimidation, tailor, mechanics, lockpick and dodge/evasion as dumps.

Sprint, recklessness.

I feel like those numbers are too low but I don't really know.

Just tell us if you see something that fits the name.