All Saints' Day

How do you celebrate one of the merriest and happiest holidays of the Holy Church?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jk6gQhKa9YQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>one of the merriest and happiest holidays of the Holy Church
That's not Yuletide.

Flagellation

That's why I said "one of the most", not "the most".

Damn it, I forgot today was all saints day.
I've been trying to come back into the faith after my edgy atheist phase but I'm doing terribly. What do?

>I've been trying to come back into the faith
LOL Who was teaching you about the idea of faith? Pentecostals?

Given God is not a fairytale or a myth, and He and His presence are both real - the Faith in a catholic meaning of that word is accepting a fact of God's existence, as you accept the fact of - let's say - gravitation existence.

Unlike various prottie heretics, the Catholic Church teaches that a man is always the subject of God - sometimes he just chooses to not see and accept that. If the lack of faith bothers you, remember - religion is not an idea in your head, but a Universe you live in. Stick to the Sacraments and regular prayer, and "getting used to" faith will come naturally.

>11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

That is today's Bible verse about what faith is; it is trusting in the unseen, knowing that what we hope for is assured. It is about trust the vibration God is sending us.

St Thomas of Aquins teaches that God is the First (or Original) mover - so believing that the Universe starts with God's command is like believing that the Universe is build out of atoms. Accepting a certain fact without panic and wondering if you're a "true" or "fake" believer.

I don't worship Isis and her followers.
I glorify God only!

>I glorify God only!
So do the saints of Heaven and Earth, together.

Since pretty much everything is closed, I'm just staying home and recovering from last night's Halloween party.

I absolutely agree.
But what does this have to do with my previous statement?

>But what does this have to do with my previous statement?
Unless you didn't imply anything - nothing at all.

I nail my theses to the church door

So you too believe that the
>Bishops and curates are bound to admit the commissaries of papal indulgences with all reverence.
>But they are much more bound to strain their eyes and ears lest these men preach their own dreams instead of what the pope has commissioned.
>Let him who speaks against the truth concerning papal indulgences be anathema and accursed?
Cool.

By going on a grand tour trought the country, visiting relatives' graves, getting pulled over by police every 30km, lighting tens of candles and arguing over flowers

such is a life of pole

But I do. And I also agree with that statement of yours.
But not with Catholic practices

Catholic church doesn't worship saints.

Absolutely not.
They worship Isis and Apollyon

youtube.com/watch?v=Jk6gQhKa9YQ

LOL this video. Too bad it's wrong.

>evidence right in front of you
>filmed and commented right in front of your eyes
>wrong
I just don't get how deceived can you be.
Would it please God for you to go underground, bow down to a LIFELESS stone in the form of a goddess coming out of the 666 star, all of this under the authority of a pope who ACTS IN THE PERSON OF CHRIST and usurps His Authority?
Would the Lord be pleased with you praying as the heathens do, repetitively, in their fancy temples with lifeless gods, and not even praying to Him, but to created beings? BY REPEATING THE SAME PHRASE over and over and over and over about 50 times.
Are you heard because of your many words? Is your "Mary" able to hear all prayers in all languages and read your thoughts if you don't even voice them?

Only God can save you, through His eternal Grace.

>evidence
LOL
Not "evidence" just a gibberish from a prottie pagan, who has no clue about anything Catholic related.

I come from an Orthodox background.
I used to do the same things as you.
Even nearly converted to Catholicism.
You should consider what I just said and look into the matter, and through the Bible especially.
No matter how you put it, your bowing down to statues, your prayers towards created beings is an abomination adopted from paganism.
There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with taking the saints as an example. As people who submitted to God and did His will. There's nothing wrong with looking up to them and wishing to be like them. But what you're doing is pure paganism.
Even devout pagans agree you're pagans (see Varg Vikernes)

>I come from an Orthodox background
So, you were already a schismatic outside of the Church's theology and guidance.
>I used to do the same things as you.
No, I don't think so.
>Even nearly converted to Catholicism
No wonder why you didn't, with Church being destroyed by modernism and protestant beliefs (like changing the mass).
>You should consider what I just said and look into the matter, and through the Bible especially
I did, that's why I'm a Roman Catholic.
>But what you're doing is pure paganism
What do I do?

>So, you were already a schismatic outside of the Church's theology and guidance.
That's right. I don't fallible men. And I most certainly don't follow a person who usurps Christ's authority.
>No, I don't think so.
I used to bow down to and kiss icons and say long repetitive prayers to the false Mary
>No wonder why you didn't, with Church being destroyed by modernism and protestant beliefs (like changing the mass).
>implying Christ is found in the mass, and changing it means changing Him
Christ is not a mass. If you look into it, your mass has been changed many, many times. The oldest remaining mass is the Orthodox divine liturgy, which used to be your standard, but in a Latin rite. You've given up fasting for example.
>I did, that's why I'm a Roman Catholic.
It's really sad how someone can read the Bible and understand that you're supposed to go underground, bow down to lifeless gods and pray to creations.
It's really sad how someone can accept that Christ needs a person to administer sacraments and doctirne.
>What do I do?
Read above

>I used to bow down to and kiss icons and say long repetitive prayers to the false Mary
So I was right, I didn't thin you did what I do.

>implying Christ is found in the mass, and changing it means changing Him
Mass is a pure offering (Didache 14:3) of bread and wine, that becomes an offering of Christ himself. Canons of the Novus Ordo mass were changed to hide that fact and ponder protestants, that's why I prefer either a Mass of Paul VI (in Latin) or the original Tridentine.

>Christ is not a mass
Christ is in the bread and wine being offered, because He said so. Literally. Not "this is kinda my body but not really" but "this is my body" and "this is my blood". Changing that is changing the Bible.

>your mass has been changed many, many times
There was no greater mistake (nor stupidity) in the history of the Church than the 2nd Vatican Council, I give you that. Good thing a breve of pope Benedict XVI from 2007 clearly says that every priest on Earth has the power to offer an unchanged mass (either Paul's or Tridentine), and these both are as vaild.

one thing that didn't change was the core belief that the mass is an offering (said Didache) that requires a priest (literally the whole Old Testament), who consecrates the bread and wine, which become real and substantial Body and Blood of Jesus Christ.

>It's really sad how someone can read the Bible and understand that you're supposed to go underground, bow down to lifeless gods and pray to creations
This is exactly why I'm a Catholic, not an Orthodox.

>It's really sad how someone can accept that Christ needs a person to administer sacraments and doctirne
This is exactly what he said to Peter and this is exactly how the Apostolic Fathers believed. I guess works like Didache or the Shepherd don't count if they're not in the KJV or other protestant canons/translations? Too bad, because they did to the Church of the first centuries.

It's the first Sunday after Pentecost.

>Read above
I don't kiss the icons, I don't pray to icons, I don't pray to the saints and I don't worship the symbols.

All prayers in the Canon of the Mass (both Paul's and Tridentine) end with the acclamation:
"Per Dominum nostrum Iesum Christum, Filium tuum: qui tecum vivit et regnat in unitate Spiritus Sancti Deus, per omnia saecula saeculorum.".
"Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son: with whom you live and rule in the unity of the Holy Ghost, for all the centuries and ages".

Now - I *do* keep the Apostolic Faith of the first centuries to worship in the unity with Saints in Heaven, this is why I quote the Bible while addressing the Holy Mother:
"Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum, benedicta tu in mulieribus et benedictus fructis ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen."
Sain Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and in the hour of our death". As you can clearly see, these aren't words of worship. These are words of plead, the same I address to other saints - like the brethren of my parish when I pray "Ideo precor beátam Maríam semper Vírginem [...] et vos, fratres, orare pro me ad Dóminum, Deum nostrum".