/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Extra Ship Posting Edition
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in clanghalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=twmcxtz2PD4
youtube.com/watch?v=Dvd1jQe3pq0
store.steampowered.com/app/552100/Brick_Rigs/
youtube.com/watch?v=BlwtO-mjK_o
youtube.com/watch?v=G8YMigsZqeE
facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1242860
youtube.com/watch?v=Rpszgytqkck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

xth for railyards are sexy

Is there a mod for Factorio that makes logistic robots available right at the start? Like making them cost a few iron plates and some copper wires?
The part when you don't have robots is just so awful and boring.

>the part that's the whole game is so awful and boring, let's skip to the part where you unlock an endgame item that trivializes normal gameplay while scaling so badly it's basically a noob crutch
maybe factorio isn't for you

>no polution at all
user maybe you should crank up your production.

I can't bring myself to buy a fourth hover, they are so expensive and three looks so qt

I fucking hope you meant to type construction bots.
Try nanobots as an alternative. You have to spend craftable ammo to construct stuff via blueprints but its available at red tech.
You can also try one of those mods that starts you off with modular armor, some bots and a bunch of solar panels. Easystart or quickstart it's called I think.

If it didn't say "in the world" implying only real guns I'd choose this if it also comes with infinite ammo because this thing needs the power of a fucking dyson sphere to work.

youtube.com/watch?v=twmcxtz2PD4

Shilling /egg/ Factorio server
No mods, no authorization

That grip model is from a Nerf Maverick.

just buy Icarus IV hovers. that way, when prices normalize you can sell your premium hover, buy regular hover, and cash in on that profit.

>no mods

>no water

>Cosmoteer

just tried this and desu, it's quite neato. It's like if FTL had crew that actually knew how to live without a hand of god, and if you could design efficient ships. and if there was no storyline but the combat isn't bad at all, it's pretty functional overall aside from the fairly dead universe experience since it's literally all build and combat right now.

>Working at charity shop because no real job
>Someone dumps ~15 Nerf guns on us
>Test them all, only one doesn't work
>Should be simple to fix, allowed to take home and try
>Unjams after 5 minutes of messing
>Free Nerf gun

Feeling good about yourself is the only reward for volunteering, but only if you're stupid about it.

do your botes have buldges?

OwO what's this?

I often design my botes with torpedo bulges, if not exterior bulges then I leave a gap between the outer walls and inner layer.

I see you're doing well, user. I hope our help served you well.

I do the same.

>OCP flag

>urge to build self replicating mega city rising

>censor a fucking ship

Cibo is a C U T E

What game is this? I actually want to know even if it's not /egg/ because it looks interesting and autistic.

Eve online, they sometimes tie in science projects into a minigame, this time is searching for exoplanets from star luminocity variation.

I posted it in the wrong thread but there are other web based projects like Planet Hunters.

Its a minigame in Eve online. It's also pretty boring.

so, all the factions are getting prestige factions, and Lunatics are the only ones left. I'm pretty sure we're going to get the spike in that faction, and the harpoon is confirmed. What other thematic weapons would you like to see added? Personally I'm hoping for a mine layer, and a massive bear trap style device (as wide as a harvester) that can clamp down onto enemy vehicles, dealing impact damage, and clamping you onto their craft, assuming you didn't destroy all the parts you attempted to clamp to.

I just got my Stormworks alpha, but it's so hard to build anything good that floats..

Tried to build something like picture

>he doesn't use ultra long angled corner any-direction near inserters
What's your excuse?

Ayylmaos not welcome

>What other thematic weapons would you like to see added?
I T A L I A N
>legendary flat 12 engine that increases cabin speed/structure/acceleration/explosion radius/explosion damage/engine noise by 500% when self destructiing
>epic pilgrim style cabin with 12 base energy and low structure that leaves a pool of flames when destroyed
>smoke emitter module for authentic italian motoring
>rare huntsman style cabin with cleaner looks
>rare molotov thrower
>rare mg variant of the goblin that looks like a thompson

Just got my key, played for about eight minutes then dropped it. Everything is worse than FtD to the point its not funny anymore. Even managed to look worse too, which deserves an award.

Logic controls and the ability to move around your shit in the builder is probably the only good parts of the entire game.

Also, forced tutorials no matter what mode you're in is something that deserves capital punishment. Forced shitty tutorials with massive ugly text balloons that block off the view of the game and requiring you to carry around a box via physX is just being a dick. Never lost interest in a game faster desu senpai.

I usually just make a straight wall and put the gun turrets inside. That way you can extend it much easier.

You clearly don't have crippling autism

youtube.com/watch?v=Dvd1jQe3pq0

this is a camshaft, and the problem with it is that two of the cams are facing the right direction
did I get it right?

*facing the same direction

No user they were both facing the right direction. While one of them should have been facing left.

That's a crankshaft. The counter balance and journal pins are in the right spots. There is a slightly less obvious deficiency.

well fug
no Veeky Forums points for me today

The massive gouge in one of them?

Hint: Main bearing failure

correcto!

Is Brick Rigs /egg/?
store.steampowered.com/app/552100/Brick_Rigs/

>Inb4 steam
>Inb4 fucking Legos

features:
>Pistons/hinges/rotors/winches
>bombs, missiles, guns
>Thrusters/wheels/motors
>wings and propeller building
>Every brick can be blown/broken off separately
>Zombie survival/personal arms if ur fucking retarded
>Bindable controls for moving blocks
>Multiplayer building/battling/dogfighting

It at least has more depth than crossout, I don't see why this wouldn't be /egg/

not officially but it's fun and loads of anons have at least played it
technic game when reeeeee

Its shit but close enough.

To be fair its less broken than spongos

My point is that considering the standard the other games set, this one is at least slightly less horrible

everything is shit, standards should be set in the mind only

Good point

>TFW you won't live long enough to see a decent, not broken, not indie/early access /egg/

O-only a little hurt

>>O-only a little hurt
>he still feels pain

youtube.com/watch?v=BlwtO-mjK_o

>(Very Realistic)

>it's real
Comrades!

Does this need to be asked every single thread?

>implying that inb4 fucking legos
>"legos"
Lego is more /egg/ than some videogames here
youtube.com/watch?v=G8YMigsZqeE

We'll have to wait for sentient AI to make a game for us. Some say that GoodAI is Marek's grand plan to making the ultimate /egg/

Fuck, Gmod was too ahead of it's time.

Maybe if it were built on a better engine we would have the one true /egg/

Or maybe it would end up sucking dick like every other game. Whatever.

all a game needs is a decent physics engine that won't get all that damn wobbling.

>implying havok was to blame
The only thing wrong was the default tool set, custom tools have eliminated almost every problem

havok could probably be implimented better or garry could at least write a fucking extension for it
had microsoft not gone full jew and locked it down now that is

facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1242860
>this will never get completed

I would have been able to get along fine not knowing this was going to be a thing

agreed. i for one would like to see more brick rigs screenies.

>hey
>hey
hey lets add a buggy implementation of a physics engine that runs like shit in source and things in general when not finely tuned for every application

Terrible idea, but neat that he got so far.

Maybe but I find it to be shit. Actually 0 gameplay, it runs like ass, it has poor physics and the builder is awful.
It's not a game, it's a crashing simulator like BeamNG and Rigs of Rods, but with allegedly hard bodies.

>BeamNG
>not a game
Its a game to see what your tolerance of really shitty sound effects is in an alleged "simulator"

I think I need bigger engines

And bulkheads, I know, but turret sizes and locations are not final

Tomorrow I shall add a raised forecastle and get rid of this ugly flush deck

Got the ships to float now.

Wish building area was bigger

Good night /egg/

>tfw you don't fear a robot uprising because they're just an evolution of humanity

There has to be a bigger dock, check the map.
Did you finish the mandatory tutorial?

>first I park my front end loader
>then I fuck your bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=Rpszgytqkck

Aw shit niggas.

Skywankers made it to 40 thousand euros. Fingers crossed it becomes everything Spengies wasn't.

It ain't a real serb till it has an /egg/ sign

This is my fanciest one yet. It lights up in a first-on, first-off fashion, there's probably a better way to do this without so many combinations, but this works for now.

My only fear is that we won't have a robot uprising before we nuke or pollute ourselves to death.
>le minecraft halo clone

It's doing things better than Minecraft at this point and has it beat in performance even, despite it's scale.

tl;dr

don't fuck around in a black hole

Is it like 'Don't stick your dick in crazy' for rocket engineers?

>The only way out of the black hole is in the past
>When you're in a fucking timemachine

Nice try

/egg/ is only for the autistic buildy gmod, not the darkrp faggotry which he probably made that for

>tfw i spent 2000 or so hours in serious rp a few years back

Put engine to the max and fire it up. No matter where you are pointing you will end up outside the black hole

IT WATCHES

>Put engine to the max and fire it up. No matter where you are pointing you will end up outside the black hole