Honestly, religion has started more wars than any other cause

>Honestly, religion has started more wars than any other cause.

get out

>Rome fell because of lead in the water

Religion isn't a person with arms and legs and a human brain

I never understood this. How big of an effect, if any, did the lead actually have?

How much could it have had? Everyone drank wine

>it's a circlejerk episode

I don't drink so I don't know: can you really keep yourself properly hydrated drinking mostly wine without getting shitfaced?

Unless one was able to boil water, most people stayed hydrated by drinking wine or beer with low alcohol content. Alcohol killed the germs. I'm guessing this practice ended around the early 20th century.

Interesting. I remember reading about distillery (whatever the place beer is made is called) workers not being as seriously affected by cholera. I suppose that's why.

water was almost certainly used to water it down significantly as the wine was low quality and wasn't a vintage Bordeaux you could just sip on.
in fact the poorer regions of Europe that still maintain their tradition of making their own wine still do this to this day.

so no, in theory only drinking wine would not have protected them from lead in the water.

i read a few years ago that the lead was coverd in green algae so the water you drank never realy was in contact with the lead

I don't know much about cholera, but beer has definitely been used as medical treatment by at least the Victorians in the form of vitamin-enhanced beer and laudanum (alcohol and opioid composite). I first learned about low-alcohol content beer being used for hydration when reading about Medieval and Renaissance cuisine.

This guy's on the money about how often people drank alcohol in the old days. It was just watered down. Hopefully the alcohol killed most of the germs.

To make alcohol you usually boil the water first

>wars
>anything but economic

Nevertheless, boiling your own water or alcoholic beverages were your two choices for hydration back then. The latter was far easier and more common.

It's an absurd thought, imagining everyone was constantly shitfaced around the clock.

>Honestly, religion has been used to justify more wars than any other justification
FTFY

Romans literally sweetened their wine with lead acetate

that may be, but thats not what i was talking about, was i?

:^)

>supports black lives matter

every time

The best part is that people chose to represent themselves as insane serial killing yuppies.

Atheist here, I thought our way of thinking would work but all it has done is prove humans need religions to function, human without religion are just savage tool using apes with nothing.

While religion has caused wars that is really human nature, if birds had religions there wouldnt be much wars since they arent savages like humans.

You have to be 18 to use this website brvh