How bad is the inverted cross? Does it truly offend Christians?

How bad is the inverted cross? Does it truly offend Christians?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's the cross of St. Peter who didn't want to be crucified as his lord had been so he had his ass turned upside down, true Christians don't get offended by it, only pansies.

It's Peter's cross.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter

Satanists somehow think it's edgy and anti-Christian so they use it

Only protestants who don't know history (almost always the case) get offended because they don't understand what it is. True evil wouldn't want any part of the cross near them.

>True evil wouldn't want any part of the cross near them.

>evil

The cross is Pagan anyway, so I don't see how an inverted one could offend Christians.

Swastika isn't even Christian, it's an ancient Indo-European symbol used in various cultures.

>Drittes Reich
>Evil

>swastika is a cross

Sure bud

St. Peter, one of the 12 apostles and one of the most revered saints and martyrs in Christianity, was crucified upside down. An upside down cross is called "st. peters cross" because of this.

So good job black metal for wearing a symbol of one of the holiest men in Christianity to try and offend christians

>Peter Cross heresy
Unbiblical. It's what the devil wants you to believe.
It offends me as much as the Star of David which is found in Catholic Churches too.
It offends me as much as all Illuminati trash and I want this to end, in the Name of the Real Son of God, not the Catholic messiah.

Generally, it offends Protestants who either:

>Don't know it's the Cross of St. Peter
>Know it's the Cross of St. Peter and believe the Catholic church is of the devil

There may be some other reasons, but these would be the main two.

someone once summarized Satanism as "do the opposite of what christians do". I beleive this is the origin of the 'satanic upside down cross'

>Pagan
So is the Greek language if you want to be a fag.

The Cross was the Electric Chair of its day.

Not as much as this is offends Catholics.

>3...

>2...

>1...

So if Jebus was killed, and Christianity founded in modern times, the symbol would have been an electric chair instead of a cross?
I'm strangely ok with this

>Peter demands they build an upside down electric chair for him

It technically is a cross with the legs bent at 90 degrees or you could say it is formed by four gamma letters
It was even called "Hakenkreuz" or "croix gammée".

>Nazis
>evil
Are you 12?

It's literally a cross, look at the center.

Also this.

he's not wrong

Yes the entirety of the German people were LITERALLY HITLER and not just regular men and women doing what they believed was best for their country

>the entirety of the German people we're nazi party members

Your argument is retarded retard.

>every party member wanted nothing more than the enslavement or destruction of all human life and regularly ate the hearts of living babies

>nobody ever was a bad a guy because they didn't literally eat the hearts of living babies

Your reasoning is solid. I must admit defeat in this debate.

I'm not gonna respond anymore.

They see it all the time
If you wear a cross, that's what it looks like from your point of view

Bad and evil are two different things
I could accept that the Nazis were bad, they most certainly were not evil

Bad is just Evil-lite, but it's still evil.

Retard

I'd say the difference is in intention. What did they set out to do?
If they set out to accomplish things perceived for the best but fail, then that is just a bad.
If they set out to accomplish tasks exclusively to promote the suffering of others, that is evil.
Plenty of both of those were found during their reign.

to sum it up, a uppside down cross is used by edgy teenegers and satanist that dont know shit about anything, and its also used by ppl in their 20 who are to retarded to relise that its a christian symbol

>"electric chair of its day"

Not even close. There's no modern equivalent since our culture doesn't use capital punishment that much any more and when used it has to be "humane."

Crucifixion was reserved for slaves and lower class citizens. It was a shameful death, hence, why Jesus on the Cross isn't depicted over 400 years after his death. Even when he does get depicted, he isn't shown dead nor is the Cross historically accurate (curved edges in pic).

Oh gee you better flip that thing back to the rotation it belongs or ill show you what for

nah, the upsidedown one offends them more

If the "inverted cross" is offensive, then the pope is the edgiest satanist memelord.

Catholicism is a heresy so I don't see how you are wrong.

When did the cross get introduced and why? You have intrigued me.

Well, really, it's a tie between the pope (false prophet) and the antichrist, but yes.

>Implying the Catholics have a messiah.

Er, the lethal injection tables are crosses lying down.

>hurr durr Christianity got it wrong until 2016 when muh pastor Bubba Lang figured it all out

Catholicism.
Christianity.

You picked the wrong one.

And which of the dozens or so Protestant splinters is the "right" Christianity?

My Protestant splinter.

Ladies abs gentlemen, I give you every religion ever.

The Nazi swastika's proper name is literally Hakenkreuz.

Are you?

There's only one way to have a relationship with God.

His way.

Who you choose to fellowship with after you are saved, and how, and hang out with, is your business.

it's the cross of saint peter...

BTFO