Would it be possible to build another tower in this day and age?

Would it be possible to build another tower in this day and age?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7fV3USe9dlU&list=PLDC670C4F09073B27&index=12
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>stone
>structural
>limitations

Why the fuck did they pick the Tower of Babel to represent them? What the fuck were they thinking?

>implying they'll ever make it as big as the one in the Bible

The Tower of Babel wasn't real or at least wasn't very big at all.

>God (who doesn't live in the sky anymore since astronomy improved, it's was just a metaphore after all) gets mad a a shitty tower
>But not at people going on the moon

Explain this, christards

I know. I was just asking if it's possible to make one like it.

we never went to the moon
>inb4 /x/-fag

No, the technology was lost in the Finno-Korean hyper war.

The Tower of Babel, symbolically, was the last time all of humanity was working together to achieve one goal, and spoke the same language. Makes perfect sense.

It wasn't the literal tower. It was thinking they can reach God by themselves. Besides, most of them were becoming horrible people.

No, he was clearly jealous of our awesome tower and then went all tard-rage on us cuz he knew he couldn't build a better one. I can't wait to go to heaven so I can kick that nerd's ass.

It was called the WTC

>building with stone

Why do you think there are so many pyramids throughout the world? No, it's not because aliens, it's because when you build something out of stone or very heavy materials, at some point making a pyramid is your only possibility.

Fund it.

can you imagine believing in a god that destroyed a tower and split people into thousands of different languages and ethnicities for the lulz

It makes perfect sense!

T. faggot atheist

>another
>implying

It's like poetry
So that they rhyme

That's the joke.

did he died?

is a structure as massive as that actually possible, atleast theoretically? Are there actually materials strong enough to support it, and wouldn't extremely powerful winds become a problem at that height?

But you can become as God. That's literally the entire reason that Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden; God feared they'd eat fruit from the second tree, the one that gives immortality.

>is a structure as massive as that actually possible, atleast theoretically?

It would be extremely expensive, but yes it could be built.

>Are there actually materials strong enough to support it?

Yes. The same materials that are already used to build skyscrapers.

>and wouldn't extremely powerful winds become a problem at that height?

Notice that it is shaped kind of like a pyramid? It has enough structural support beneath it that wind will never be an issue. It would be as heavy as a mountain.

user the institution of christianity is literally built around cherrypicking the bible, why do you think quoting scripture is going to work as an argument?

Christian shitposting is to Veeky Forums as eating burgers is to America.

>Yes. The same materials that are already used to build skyscrapers.
Okay that's completely wrong, we're already capping out on the structural maximums of modern skyscraper building materials. We can't even build out to atmospheric limits without designing entirely new materials in a lab.

And he did that because he was afraid of humanity.
Not so omnipotent now uh? I honestly think most christians never actually analyzed the bible.

We didn't do the moon landing as a means to tell God to fuck off.

Though it's not like God would do anything. Most cities put Sodom to shame and yet God doesn't smite them.

>Hive worlds will be a thing

Better get to upper middle class if I want to avoid constant mutant gang warfare at the bottom.

The Tower of Babel was build of bricks, not stone. The Bible specifically states so.

The ziggurat in Babylon was the Tower of Babel.

>The serpent deceived me.

He punished humanity's hubris for our own good.

God is merciful, but time is running out.

>Every single day for the last 2k years.

>Fuck up your own creation
>Get mad and punish the creation for it

God, worst parent of all time.

It was a Jew, it was a little inside joke

>but time is running out.
I keep hearing that since 33 AD

The new Tower of Babel would be a space elevator

t. riven main

This is why the Gnostic view of god is the only way to view god, there is the All-Wverywhere-Wternal Wssence of All (ie the Godhead proper), the god that is talked about in the bible is a lower manifestation, the Demiurge. The demiurge created our universe and lesser beings than itself, the Elohim and etc. The Elohim were in turn instructed to create life on the earth including humans. When the Elohim constructed our form we were just mindless automata with no soul. The Demiurge then breathed a portion of its own power into the bodies giving them souls, and they were to be obedient to the Elohim.

The demiurge is expressed very similar to the way Yaweh is in the Book of Job, they are the same essentially.

>b-but user, it was a METAPHOR

Lol, why don't you just admit that the bronze age Canaanites who wrote the damn old testament had no fucking idea about space and thus believed in was above the Earth.

Also even if it was a metaphor what God is alleged to have done is still a nonsensical thing to do.

>time is running out.
thread theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=7fV3USe9dlU&list=PLDC670C4F09073B27&index=12

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Well God is super intelligent. So the only reason you don't understand is because you're not super intelligent like him

>God is super intelligent and works in muh mysterious, incomprehensible ways
>Throws several tantrums and hissy fits when shit he should've seen coming happens

underrated.

This

Fuck it, just entomb / build around a fucking mountain! Its going to be more easy , cheap and safe than building that thing

>And he did that because he was afraid of humanity
No you dipshit, he was afraid that humanity would kys by not knowing there's no air in space. Kinda like a parent who takes the kids' lighter because he could burn himself

According to civ, the game ends 2050 AD. Still plenty of time.

Ironically, the EU flag is the symbol of the Woman clothed in the Sun which in cathorodoxy represents the Virgin Mary(seriously), but they didn't realise the artist's inspiration until later.

Also, the first EU flag was this, with stars around the cross to represent each member state, but Turkey(which was part of the CE) got triggered(they tried adding a crescent moon to it, but it didn't work out).

wrong pic.

I think a modern equivalent would be a space elevator, and well... we're still working in that.