Rate my analysis

Bitcoin has 16 million coins in circulation, Ethereum has 90 millions, that means if Ethereum gets the same marketcap as Bitcoin (20 billion) ETH will worth only $200.
That means Ethereum is a coin for keeping value, but not a coin for bagholding due to the fact that it can not get as much value as Bitcoin did.

TL;DL: The lesser is the number of coins in circulation, the better is the coin for bagholding.

Other urls found in this thread:

ethereum.org/ether
ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/12501/what-is-ethereums-inflation-rate-how-quickly-will-new-ether-be-created/12502
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

babby just learn about marketcap?

Not really, i just saw 1+1 and i thought it was 2...

Am i in the right path?
I mean, i have never seen anons talking about it, they always shill some coins without talking about important things like the number of coins in circulation.

Would love to rate your analysis if i understood what all of that shit meant. I am just a retard, buying low selling high.

eth will be at 10000 a few years from now and you will be hanging from your basement pipe

The intention is what counts :3

For ETH to be 10k, it would require a market cap of 10 TRILLION, that is 4 times the Brazilian GDP or 2/3 of the American GDP.

ether is completely controlled by the ethereum foundation
90 million and counting lol
don't worry goy we will get PoS eventually

>For ETH to be 10k, it would require a market cap of 10 TRILLION, that is 4 times the Brazilian GDP or 2/3 of the American GDP.

Yes.. problem, goy?

>Yes.. problem, goy?
Lo, ani ohev goyim mamash metumtam...

probably because most people think of that info as common knowledge. i would hope at least. what makes you think a coin cannot come along and blow bitcoin's current marketcap the fuck out?

name 1 company on that picture that is actually using ethereum lol
but muh speculation.... microsoft!
90,186,900 coins and counting +5 every 15 seconds

>what makes you think a coin cannot come along and blow bitcoin's current marketcap the fuck out?
It can, but it wouldn't worth nearly as much as bitcoin does.

>market have caps
>all measures are equal

Just a hedge with regulation.

60 million ether created to contributors of the presale
12 Million (20% of the above) were created to the development fund, most of it going to early contributors and developers and the remaining to the Ethereum Foundation
Oy Vey!

Ether is to be treated as "crypto-fuel", a token whose purpose is to pay for computation, and is not intended to be used as or considered a currency, asset, share or anything else.

Do you really think vitalik and the ethereum foundation are going to stand up against regulation and government?
There's a problem when the main players are public and control the direction of the blockchain.

Currencies don't have a marketcap. It's just a marketing meme used by the exchanges to dress their currencies as stocks.

Nice buzz psychjargon but where does the appreciation of value with belief enter the equation if ETH is just a receipt

The more real it gets, the more rules to play by the game the real world plays in, simple. Didn't mean to burst your bubble

>What is a decentralized blockchain?
Vitalik and the ETH foundation have no power to impose anything on Ethereum's blockchain. They can only propose protocols to be accepted in a democratic process. Do you remember the DAO-ETC hardfork? No? you should.
Miners and exchanges are the one in power

>Nice buzz psychjargon
Ether is to be treated as "crypto-fuel", a token whose purpose is to pay for computation, and is not intended to be used as or considered a currency, asset, share or anything else.
>ethereum.org/ether

what was the point of repeating that?

You're American, right?

ETC is an offshoot because the first big smart contract was a massive failure
the foundation didn't want to lose money and forked. Obviously wasn't a consensus fork so we have ETC now.
What do you think will happen when the foundation pushes out some PoS upgrade no one has even seen yet.

it's on their own website yet these clowns are saying it's psych jargon

No... You repeated what the function of ether is supposed to be but didn't answer what was asked.

just cause its on their website doesn't mean it isn't jargon.

Proof of stake (((upgrade)))
60 million presale
12 million going to developers and ethereum foundation
>decentralized

>What do you think will happen when the foundation pushes out some PoS upgrade
Value will go up.

It's psychjargon, the whole page read like the early 2010 BTC infomercials with slick animations.

The only solid backing and purpose ETH has is in its role as a pegged derivative thru its contractual fulfillment function.

Use a pegged derivative: Ethereum is a great tool for creating complex trading between multiple parties.

The general consensus from leaders of the World Bank, IMF and company view BTC risk as very minimal to scale with fiat. If you really think cryptocurrencies will replace fiat currency then it's fairly delusional, all things considered even with the implementation of cashless transactions and the internet of things, automation it's again simply a merge to hedge as a backing to justify transactions on an international basis as a traded tool (hence your cryptofuel term) but not as a monolithic source of endless means without regulation. BTC was created by private individuals, ETH not as private gain and opacity are out of the picture, security and legitimacy to back a function are more plausible stores of value without being unequivocal sources of value.

you can't have a decentralized system that's proof of stake when the developers and presale make up 2/3rd of total coins
any pressure on the developers and they will fold, and this will influence the entire chain of a PoS system.
Also why would any company use ethereum? It has to make sense and save money.
How many of those big companies use open sourced software?
how many dapps have been developed that are actually used? compared to just concepts that aren't really practical.

this

It was a consensus fork since the overwhelming majority of miners and users adopted it. ETC only survived because of the greed of Poloniex. It would have died in less than a month without this. Do you even crypto?

There's far less bitcoins than that in circulation. There's probably 1-2 million. Most have been lost or mined by satishi

ETH has a growing money supply. There's no cap.
Has about 15% a inflation rate.

ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/12501/what-is-ethereums-inflation-rate-how-quickly-will-new-ether-be-created/12502