Is it true that consumerism is down among millenials/younger generations...

Is it true that consumerism is down among millenials/younger generations? I've heard it parroted that younger people are more frugal/making less large purchases and it's throwing retailers off balance but I'm not sure if it's a meme or not.

Not so much frugal as broke. That combined with "sellers" more interested in renting junk that isn't worth even that much.

I'd say yea, but my gf has coworkers who spend 200$ on clothes each month.

>not buying 8 pairs of socks for life

>Is it true that consumerism is down among millenials/younger generations?

Millenial sheep consumers are extremely easy to manipulate and market to.

You just need to know how to manipulate them.

It's because wages are down big time compared to previous generations. Also a lot of millennials became adults during the Great Recession, so they have learned to have a famine mindset.

it's both of these imo. being so poor for so long has created a generational or cultural aversion to buying things/wasting money.

but people still buy shit and if you can market your childslave-produced sandals as being part of an "experience" or "movement' you're sollid.

This is not a thing people still buy the greatest newest iphone macbook etc

Their parents buy it for them.

They do, but the phone is used for everything then.

Most people don't buy expensive computers, cameras and such stuff in return, because their phone is capable of doing all those things

This is my guess

>not buying a lifetime supply of probably stolen new socks from a bunb for $4 in chicago...

Yap. I play wow and my pc doesnt meet the minimum specs. Meanshile i shitpost from an s7 that outperforms it in every aspect but storage.

How to market to millenials

>Make them is the product
>Factor in 5% to "goodwill donation", funnel through shell corps and recover 80%
>Tell them how the product makes the world a better place
>Integrate, integrate, integrate
>Seamless
>Experience
>Share
>epic Twitter banter

Also don't use a white person to advertise anything ever.

We're not more frugal we're just poor. When your poor you don't have the funds to purchase as many goods as the older generations do.

40% of the unemployed in the US are millennials.

this is a problem for retailers.

this, everyone forgets minuamin wage was worth MORE back then, meanwhile ticket prices for movies go up every 6 months

Millennial have to be more frugal because of the economic disadvantages as compared to their parents.

People who were alive during the depression still would end up doing weird shit like hording/hiding food even after when there wasn't real food scarcity.

Hasn't that always been the case though? When have minumum wages risen with inflation?

Its not true
Most people my age will max out credit in a month then spend all year paying it off and wasting money on tobacco/alcohol binges

Either mommy and daddy buys it, or they finance it like a nigger for a few years.
God damn, Pajeet, it's like you're FOB.

Isn't this shit overplayed?
People got Donald Trump in the White House, they're not completely dead inside.

Thank Obama and Israel.