I'm a sinner and I want to find God

I'm a sinner and I want to find God
I have no idea where to start
Should I read the Bible? What books do I read?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sLwN3Wx
mega.nz/#!QoRGARhZ!sKun_Jw7izZcNYngYvfs_90Wi6obUcialZf80c2DTYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go to a good church, preferably a protestant one. Baptist churches can be good depends on whose the preacher and what not. Find this good church and attend, and ask the preacher there to help you let Jesus into your heart. He'll do the prayer and you will then must repent from all of your sins. Read the bible afterwards and follow God's principals. Good luck, space cat boy

Go talk to a Catholic priest and take it from there.

The Book of Mormon.

>Should I read the Bible?
Yes.

>What books do I read?

All they.

una vela...

Why do you want to become Christian? It seems you have some cognitive dissonance. Do you *really* believe in God, or do you just want to convince yourself to absolve your mind of guilt and feel security?

how can you be a sinner if you havent found god?
absolutamente asqueroso.

una biblia....

He wants to be happy

That's understandable, but if the religion that brings him happiness is predicated on the idea of truth, and he is lying to himself in order to believe it, I don't see how that is a good quality to have. Self-deception can be a dangerous thing.

Op here
I grew up catholic but in a house that didn't really practice.My knowledge of the religion is only topical but I know that in my moments of doubt I pray for resolution.
I consider eternity and the potential of eternal punishiment or eternal nothing and I tremble. The way I see it there is only one narrow chance of escape and I want to take it.
"Seek and you will find" if I don't look I will never find.

confess to a father or something

How about you just try to accept the truth of the world instead of lying to yourself. You really think it's going to make you feel better pretending that nothing is ever really wrong and someone good is in charge and you don't really need to die?

>protestant
Lol, sorry faith alone will not do it.
>The Book of Mormon.
somehow less shit then some protestants.

Go to a catholic church, try to meet with someone. If possible a priest.

I converted to Catholicism, I raise born into Protestantism, raised Mormon until high school, converted to catholic and found my wife.

Catholicism is the only Christian faith that is consistent.

>Catholicism is the only Christian faith that is consistent.
Why?

because it falls within the ideas of natural order.

being gay isn't sin, acting on it is.
A catholic priest came up with the big bang theory.
Evolution does not go against the faith.

This has been true since the time of saint Augustine.

Like it or not, western civilization was built on catholic church.
Think about how many churches split off in the great schism? You really think they are all true?

>The Lord said to Peter, 'On this rock I will build my Church, I have given .... against him the gates of hell prevail'

>they also let you drink

Though drinking in excess is a sin.

>eternal nothing
His omniscience alone makes your complete destruction impossible.

These inconsistent statements aren't relevant to the question

There is so much more...
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sLwN3Wx

How is it not against the faith when the whole thing about original sin and atonement is based on the literal understanding of genesis?

You can't get away from this by saying its allegorical or symbolic, because then there was no need for atonement and no need for christ.

Western civilization being built on catholicism doesnt make catholicism the truth. You have no problem disbelieving in islam, while arab civilization is built on it.

Just by wanting to find Him you are already in a good seat. That I think is the main principal for all of Christianity. All the different sects are just different ways to worship. They are all centered on one truth and that is seeking a relationship with God. So in my opinion, and from my experiences, as long has you have an open heart for God and want Him in your life then you will be in good hands.

>I consider eternity and the potential of eternal punishiment or eternal nothing and I tremble.

So what. Grow up

What has been true since the time of Augustine?

Here are some books which really helped me, OP

mega.nz/#!QoRGARhZ!sKun_Jw7izZcNYngYvfs_90Wi6obUcialZf80c2DTYg

The Ego and its Own

You don't read the Bible it's going to make your life worse. Don't buy into one solution fixes to your problems, they never work and won't solve your problems, just give convenient explanations for them.

If you're looking for help with the sin and the booze, the Bible is just going to call you rotten and that's about it.

Dont.

Plant a flower and tend to it. Nature will be your god.

do u really want to find god? do not read the bible, i'm serious. i'm italian, trust me. christianity is corrupted, the only way to find god is believe in yourself and become your own god

Where did you last see Him? You really should clean up your room.

>i'm italian, trust me

Try looking in the living room.