/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

I don't have any bloodborne pictures on my phone edition

Phone posted: >information - If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Loran Darkbeast is unironically the greatest and most well designed fight ever in a From Software game
There is nothing I love more than getting hit by attacks I can't even see while trying to hit a big skinny pile of electric shit

Join League now.
Forbidden Woods.
Speak to the bucket-man.

You have shit taste desu

BB is slowly withering away

Nah

Just wait till the Christmas sale or when BB becomes a PS+ free game
Even now it's pretty lively for 2 year old game with no updates since 2015

Hey Crooked
You beckoning again? Or did you take down Abhorrent Beast?

I am sorry that you are unable to enjoy Hidetaka Miyazaki's masterpiece as much as I. God, I am having SO MUCH FUN fighting this boss.

good for you user

Died beckoning now

Always dodge forward and slightly to his side with Abhorrent Beast
Dodging backwards is a bad strategy

Gonna ring for Lower Loran? If you need more ritual blood 5 you can just remake Ailing Loran with the glyph zmyp and take the ritual 5 in the chest on L1

2 short so I'll go grab them now

CONTINUING THE QUIZ.

You guys took too long so now there's more questions.

1) What does Gilbert say after you kill Shadows? (Note this is different to what he says after Amelia, but pre-Shadows). Don't need exact quote, just general gist of what he says.

2) which Window-based NPC (not Patches) survives the Bloodmoon phase?

3) Highest family (Thick, Frenzied etc...) of Coldblood you can find BEFORE Rom.

4) MULTIPLE CHOICE
what determines if a Shotgun Watcher will drop BLT gems or regular Watcher drop pool.
a) Being in a cursed dungeon vs uncursed dungeon
b) no Red Aura vs having a Red Aura
c) both of the above and other factors, no one really knows.

5) Where in BB is the only example of a "does not open from this side" shortcut opening itself if the player performs an unrelated action elsewhere in the area.

6) out of the 16 vanilla Trick Weapons, which are the only two not wielded by an enemy NPC

>A phone poster made the thread
you guys suck

Don't know
Distrusting old guy/Gascoignes daughters sister
Great one cold blood because of chalices :^)
Red aura or not
Research hall
Reiter and burial blade

>doing latest BL4 run
>get up to Forbidden Woods
>do DLC suicide runs for chunks
>only have +8
>only one chunk away from getting to +9
>can't remember which chunk I forgot to get

Fugg. I guess I'll start over from scratch. It's quicker than tediously going through each chunk area until I find the one chunk I missed.

Why did you summon me for Ailing again? :o

Forbidden woods has one

in the cave most likely, that's where you find 2 from the scurrying beast and 2 lying around.

I got 2 OoS HAs with +12 phys in ~10 runs. Ask me anything.

3/5

I will clarify question 2. By Window NPC I mean someone who never visibly leaves thier house dead or alive. I should have been more clear.

That drunk in the area below Cathedral Ward

Can I chug your bengis

>sold your soul for a non perfect gem
You loss mate.

1/1

Still no one has Gilbert's dialogue though. Do that many people miss his final lines before turning into a Beast? I guess most people get the Flamesprayer from him and never talk to him again. But he has 2 more dialogue interactions.

I know he asks the gods why after Amelia
Care to tell what he says?
Also does the drunk even get new lines?

old yharnam is such a boring shitty area

Alright, I just bought Bloodborne and I'm playing it for the first time. I know I'm late, but what am I in for?

A whole world of pain, beauty, beast slaying, pure kino bosses, autistic yet good community co-op and PvP wise, and other fun shit

"Why gods, why me" is the correct answer.

After Amelia he talks about Byrgenwerth, after you reach Byrhenwerth he switches to "Why me?" and barely containing the transformation.

> Does the Drunk get new lines

He doesn't get new lines after Nightfall (like everyone else), but he DOES get a new line for Blood Moon (only NPC that does),
> "A Celebration, a great night of celebration!"

seems like he's in the know about the Mensis Ritual.

Who's the drunk?

no u

You're in for no more Saturday FCs because crybabies/baddies can't win against saw spear, saif, or blt/arc builds and their solution is to not come at all.

> Who's the drunk?

The guy in the area of Cathederal Ward only accessible via Church Workshop. He initially says:
> "A night of curses, a night to remember! Wouldn't you say, friend?"

I wouldn't say he was drunk, but the other user described his position perfectly, so I just rolled with it. There's no reason to ever go back there after a Blood Moon. But for some reason they have him a unique line of dialouge when every other NPC is just [No Responce]

People have always cried about those weapons you newfag

I know, but they never boycotted FCs

Sounds good. Thanks user.

Cute

it's just boring compared to impromptus. Saturday FCs are where you only see saif, saws, chikage, or parasite. Impromptus you can see almost every weapon in the game with the repeats coming from the same person rather than the same weapons from 3-6 people

>people stopped coming because it got old playing against over leveled white haired waifus
Gee I wonder why, must be crybabies

>she has the back of a head but no face
Vilecucks will defend this

>chikage
chikage isn't even a good weapon

why would seeing a chikage be a problem?

>over leveled white haired waifus
Name 2. I haven't seen any whited haired waifus in over a month and I've been to every FC in the last 3 months.

every blt/arc build shitter uses it, then there was that 1 BL123 slav that only did passive unzips with 40 END. it gets boring fighting passive unzip fags, I'd rather fight dash+r1 spammers

i haven't been to FCs for a few months because Australian time zones but there was only one or two saif users/120+ characters unless it's picked up lately I think you are overreacting

>boycotted FCs
nobody boycotted anything, people just weren't in the mood

Coulda googled an image m8

Fuck off and stop doomsdayposting and projecting your insecurities on everyone else. Boohoo one fucking shitty weekly fc didn't happen, we have impromptus all the time.

virtually every blt build in generally uses it, because there are only about 3 blt weapons in the entire game

there is no other way to play well with a chikage in pvp other than passively/defensively

>40 END
So, basically he has a bunch of extra end that doesn't benefit him at all because the weapon operates fine with 8 end? You might as well consider him BL91 if he's only using chikage

To add to what I said here, impromptus are ok but they get old fast.
You just get the same 4 people that happen to be awake over and over.
I want my ability to play being tested by a large pool of people, people better than me too.
It's easy after a match or two in an impromptu because you adjust to how the person you keep getting matched with plays.

>doomsdayposting and projecting your insecurities
Wtf are you talking about? We couldn't even have the one scheduled PvP for our thread because people are boycotting supposed injustices against them. I work all week so I don't have time for impromptus. I'm just saying I like the PvP here and Saturday FCs were something we could count on.

The thing is he was so easy to deal with. It's just that /bbg/ as a whole is shit when dealing with passive fags
That and he later made two level 98s, hosted a few farming sessions, then did impromptus before his life got busy

People have been whining and saying Saturday fightclubs are bad for weeks, where have you been?

>he was so easy to deal with
then what's the problem?

it's boring to play against it over and over again

I already answered that
/bbg/ is shit

So call one on Friday and Sunday. Or Saturday morning. Or stop whining about one missed fc and come next week. Before last thread died you kept putting words in Lotte?'s mouth saying he was pissy and mad about losing and he kept saying over and over he wasn't. People don't feel like fighting tryhards. Get over it. You can spout "mad cuz bad xd" like a child as much as you want, but that's not going to convince anyone to do things they don't enjoy.

there are only a handful of weapons in the game

it gets boring to play against any of them repeatedly

chikage is one of the few that play drastically different from the others

I just woke up like 30 minutes ago, so it wasn't me posting in the last thread.

every other weapon has more than one useable attack and can mix it up a bit. chikage is wait for unzip, get one attack, if that, in, and repeat. not to mention the edgy weebfags that enjoy it so much because it's grorious nippon steer forded over one thousand times-uh and it has blood. if they aren't unzipping they're bulletspamming

Well fuck me I'm sorry but that bitching and whining is as annoying as the whining he was complaining about. Either way, fcs had been glanced over before and it'll pick up again. Impromptus are always welcome even on weekends/fc days

>chikage is wait for unzip, get one attack, if that, in, and repeat
which is why it isn't a very good weapon and shouldn't be a problem to deal with

Winning != having fun

How is it even possible for people to not understand this

Winning is the only thing that matters

because losing == not having fun

True, but the point still stands. Every time, EVERY time someone mentions a boring playstyle some insecure faggot has to come in and tell everyone how easy it is to beat like that is relevant at all.

I'm not saying it's hard to deal with. I'm saying it's boring,
B
O
R
I
N
G
to play against, especially after fighting the 5th guy that night unzip spamming or bulletspamming. I i remember there were 4 different guys unzip spamming with arc/blt builds, I never lost to a single one. if they weren't winning with chikage, it's be saif/saw transform attack spamming or kos paraiste dash+r1 spamming. They're all equally boring to fight against. I'd rather go to impromptus, because even if it is a smaller player pool, at least there will be different weapons used. besides I can't even go to Saturday FCs now because I'm stuck at work Saturdays

I really regret not using the church pick before this
>Really nice damage
>Amazing move set
>Basically a non shit version of burial blade without the huge chunk of wood that hangs on your back
>Not a broken weapon but can still deal with top tiers

The perfect skill weapon,

Marvelous Chester sliders?

What the fuck.

Hey you invaded me earlier, I was cat boy
I was going through the game on my twink, figured I'd stay online to see how good the other twinks were.

>sarah is hard to play against

Sorry I can't remember you I invade pretty often were you one of the 30% bt builds ?

No I was someone with a saw cleaver in students uniform, I haven't even got my gems yet, I only just got there in game

Kek

Sorry I can't remember man I invade way too many people who look like that.

Like clockwork. SeeNo one said Sarah is hard, and yet someone feels the need to strawman that argument and post a webm of them winning like that suddenly makes passive shitcakes a fun opponent to have

It's alright, you two shot me lmao
Good stuff DESU
What build you running?

I don't think he's that bad man, seriously.
I beat him all the time on a shitty build, passive people are ruined by aggression, which is pretty easy if you have ok end

does anyone else twink invade in burgertown?

How do you STILL not get it?

>not understanding some people find it fun to win, not understanding some people don't care how others play

I only have 20% gems from dlc because I was being lazy. But basically
>30vit
>15end
>10str
>37skill
>7bt
>9arc

S U P R E M E
U
P
R
E
M
E

I do understand that, what people can't seem to understand is that posting wins and saying "lol kage is ez git gud" doesn't magically make passive players fun to fight against for people who actually want a decent fight instead of that tiny little dopamine rush you get when you see PREY SLAUGHTERED

W E A P O N F U
E
A
P
O
N
F
U

What level you doing it at? I should have something around that range.

43. I average around 15 summons per invasion session

Pick is absolutely based but be nice to my SCHWINGfu

Pick has a vry noice sound as well.

I'll check it out I got 2 builds around that level. Could probably copy that clip frame for frame.

>nobody showed to the fc last night
nice

just watch out if someone summons henryk, that fucker is a tank. if someone summons damien, kill him ASAP or deal with ACB or BSE spam.

Can you make a weapon half-converted with stuff like flat arc nourishings? Or would it convert a pure phys into pure arc?

I invade at Grand Cathedral with bowblade, its not as populated but henriette is hella stupid while damien is an annoying faggot. Also burgertown is kinda short.

I was gone. Did the FC really not happen or is this some ebin meme

Two people showed

*doomsday posts*
heh, nuthin personnel...state of bbg