/fg/ - Falcom General #107

Previous thread: Distant Dream edition.

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: [YouTube] Sen no Kiseki III Demo Movie (Subbed) (embed)

- The trailer for Sen III is out: [YouTube] PS4「英雄伝説 閃の軌跡Ⅲ」デモムービー (embed)

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: [YouTube] Sen no Kiseki III Web Commercial (Subbed) (embed)

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: [YouTube] XSEED XSTREAM: E3 Edition! Zwei: Ilvard Insurrection (embed)

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880 (embed) (embed)

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt (embed) (embed)

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s (embed) (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/599/1599291/
game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/733205.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ateria when?

NO HAMEL IN THIS THREAD
OK?

Bring back Hamel and make it great again!

OR CALVARD. FUCK CALVARD.

Which Thors classmates do you wish showed up but didn't?

The best one, of course.

Edel.

Calvard when?

>blind
So i guess Falcom already decided on the Hamel curse thing since 3rd/Zero?

So, can we acknowledge Crow as best boy now ? He wanted to put a end to the Erebonia arc since CS1 and only Vulcan/Scarlet/Gideon helped him to the task.
Olivert tried to play political when the true solution was going ham and find a way to kill Osborne.
>Older white haired "brother" to a protagonist in Kiseki.
>Not right.
We should have known.

Did anyone else feel like Ys8 started to drag on a bit after chapter 3?

I just noticed this, but what the fuck is wrong with the OP? All of the Youtube links are just words and don't actually link to the video. Also what's with those (embed) (embed)?
Is it just me?

Beryl

Crow Is Rean lover not brother.

>Beryl was the one who wrote Black Records
Really makes you think.

>end it in the first game
>country is still cursed
I don't think it's that simple.

Of course the one copy-pasted is the video title rather than the url itself.
OP confirmed for lazy copy paste job.

I'd bet on Musse before Beryl. But seriously what is Beryl up to?

Reminder that Altina became best grill for Rean in this game

Happens when you give a character plenty of screen time and proper development as opposed to chucking them off for minor appearances.

my poor dick

>The two dueling merchants didn't hook up
Sad

Weren't they already an item in Sen II?

>that hug

aren't you showing a bit too much there, Tita?

I'll make a new version for you, user, since you like it so much.

Oks thxxx user

Anyone happen to find any more full character models for swimsuits and other costumes?

I can only find some from here (pic related): dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/599/1599291/ or half models (only upper torso) from a Japanese wiki.

Nah, Crow is his older brother, Altina is his daughter, and Alisa is his childhood friend.

do you guys have that cheerleader Juna pic where she's showing her armpits? I need it for scientific reasons

Nah Altina his little sister

This. We know recent titles (2015 or later) have been okayed for Japanese voices. Aksys got them. NISA got them. The ball is in XSEED's court now. They're either lying SOBs or something changed with Falcom. If XSEED does III, we'll probably know

>With the completion of Sen 3, the Trails story is over 60% complete

What the fuck? That leaves 40% for Sen 4, Calvard and whatever finale they do.
What am I going to do when this series is over?
I love the world too much for it to end.

We had more than enough space for Sen 3 on the ps4 and still split it into 2 games.

I think that 60% includes Sen 4 since that was said under the assumption Sen 3 was 1 game.

>What am I going to do when this series is over?}
>We still need to explore Calvard and maybe a Finale arc

Don't worry user ,you still have plenty of time to decide what to do after that,i know that feeling when you get attached to this worlds.

Kondo confirmed a cliffhanger addict

It'll be a few years before it ends especially if you don't know japanese so it's way too early too start missing it.

I got the plat for Ys VIII and loved every minute of it... except for the bad translation

Now that I think of it, did this scene ever happen? Feels like a lot of screenshots just never happened.

Wait, Sen's story isnt over yet?

This instead makes me wonder if XSEED is going to finish Sen first before moving onto like Crossbell

>get to play as Tio
>only get Randy for a Gundam battle
It's not fair.
To be fair I don't think a game that takes 200 hours to finish would do very well. It would take more to make and the returns would be less so from a business standpoint he did the right thing.

The only big mistake I could spot what when someone said "Alison is worried about being unconscious." I think the speaker was trying to say they were worried about Alison instead.

or they were scratched or they will happen in Sen 4

Yeah I think cs3 is fine. The problem is with cs1-2 and it's even more obvious now.

I wouldn't worry about that considering that the series were at 70% after CS2.
Something tells me that they had to redo the script after being unable to do Western Erebonia in CS2.

Is Sen 3 basically the 'SC' of Erebonia arc then?

Essentially, yes. A half finished SC whereas CS1-2 was just an extended FC

If Sen 1+2 are Sky 1 then Sen 4 should be as good as the tail end of Sky 2. Then the next game should be about the church again before moving on to Calvard.

The Pleroma flower fits CS4, I think that McBurn'll get his duel with Rean here, now that Rean unlocked his full? power, and Millium's Sword look like Angbar, I predict that the sword can be resized to a normal size.

Then now we can hope that Mcburn can finally achieve his dream of fighting someone with also an All-of-me power? nicee

>Alberich is a dwarf, who guards the treasure of the Nibelungen, but is overcome by Siegfried.
Crow is coming with us I guess. Some of the plot threads of Erebonia are loosely based off of those tales though obviously not all of them.
I guess Crow will be our divine knight pilot for a portion of the game because there is no way we can stand against Ouroboros otherwise.

Wait. Is Rean all of me now?

Yes

Yes

So what theories do we got about what will happen next?

>At the end of CS4, all the divine knights will gattai and will make a super mecha as the final boss.
>The reason for the war with Calvard is to get rid of the curse in one fell sweep.
>Olivert, Toval and Victor survived and were rescued by Bleublanc
>George didn't actually kill Angelica.
>Machias's dad is a part of Ouroboros.

Yeah he is. By the way I think Alisa's father was always going to be important for the prototype, problem is that she was never given enough development except for her future(or present as of Sen III) conflict with Sharon.
The writers fumbled around in Sen I & II and should have hinted at this better.

We can also hope that CS4 is in fact in development or maybe was dev conjointly with CS3 because of the missing leaked scenes.

I have a theory all right. Since Alisa's new S-craft if I am hearing it right is Signy arrow then she will be married/engaged to Cedric and then kill herself along with Cedric in a fire.

>Duvalie leaving the stalhritter
>MAYBE Laura will become the leader of them
>Arianhrod dying
>Mcburn getting defeated by Rean All-of-me 1vs1
>Claire and Letcher may died because Osborne being Osborne
>All the "revived" people returning to the grave
>Rean's also gonna died unless someone have a spared heart for him (Since i doubt they can yes or yes kill Osborne while Rean have his heart inside him)

It would make more sense to. There will probably be a 2 - 3 year gap between sen4 and the next game. They could start the crossbell games during the gap

My simple guess is Valimar will get a non demon form of it's second form.

Maybe Altina will be the last Knight pilot. Maybe Millium was supposed to be the seventh pilot(working for Osborne) but now Altina will do it for the heroes.

>the dead characters will be brainwashed to fight against Rean
>or Olivier, Victor and fag faked their deads
>or George was double crossing the gnomes

>>Rean's also gonna died unless someone have a spared heart for him (Since i doubt they can yes or yes kill Osborne while Rean have his heart inside him)

Assuming there is a 1 - 2 month timeskip. I could see the gnomes grow/create Rean a new heart and transplanting it into him

>algreion resembles valimar
>demon valimar resembles zektor
what did they mean by this?
does valimar has 6 forms or something?

This is basically like my fucking german legend tragedies. But hopefully Rean lives.

>I'm already a demon suffering
Rean
Crow
Ashe

>Trauma central
Laura
Alisa
Jusis
Tita
Alfin
Altina
Towa

>Hanging in there No one else will betray us, really!
Gaius
Emma
Machias
Kurt
Juna
Musse

>I JUST WANTED TO EAT DINNER IN PEACE, HOLY SHIT
Elliot
Sara
Fie
Agate
Randy
Tio

>cool story bro
Schmidt

Let's hope for that

Yeah specially Rean ,for every good moment seems to obtain 1-2 sad ones

>Believing anything Kondo says at this point

I'll believe the Trails series is over when it's over.

>Duvaille joins the main party
>you'll have to rescue Rean and Valimar at the start of the game
>same theory about Bleublanc saving Olivert
>part of the game will be the liberation of Crossbell

It'll be pretty lame if it turns out that George was really faking us out.

Don't be a pussy on this Kondo

Speaking of S-Crafts, I would assume in CS4 everyone's going to get a new one. My guesses for some.

>Altina will turn Claiomh Solais into a sword similar to what Millium turned into
>Gaius will get more stigma antics. but with muh wind
>Laura gets a new technique to show her surpassing her father
>Alisa will get something with her orbal gear
>Rean gets another fire slash technique, something similar to termination slash.

>Altina will turn Claiomh Solais into a sword similar to what Millium turned into
She already kind of did in 2. It could always turn into a sword though turning into what Millium can do should be good enough upgrade

Noel is truly an underrated waifu

Rean may obtain a new technique based in his ogre power in mode All-of-me

>Franz is the one who ordered George to plant the bombs and pressed the button instead of what people were claiming that it was all Osborne
He's going to be the first one to die, isn't it. And it's going to be the messiest thing ever.

George wasn't faking out explosives on the Courageous. He probably was faking out on Angelica though. He's pulling a Crow.

In a weird way, Rufus betraying the nobles is him trying to do away with the system that kept his "father" from marrying the woman he loved

user Franz literally says he obeys Osborne. He wouldn't have pulled the trigger without his permission.

And they also show Cedric and Osborne both giving permission before he does it.

Cedric giving permission just gets me.
That absolute fucking shithead. Olivert loved him and cared for him and this is the shit he pulls.

Who cares, I got a robot now

Testarossa is fucking with his head.

You know looking at this I wonder if it was not just named Big Hole due to space issues.

Sen Evo collection when?

There are shorter words that fit better. Canyon, Abyss, Chasm, Crater, etc

Abyss is shorter than Big Hole. Most vaguely relevant English geographical terms would be shorter.

Care to repost the English version from Falcom? I'd swear it was a bit longer than that.

It was longer, yes. Crevice of the archaeozoic age or something.

game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/733205.html

――最後までの構想があるということでしたのでお伺いしますが、その中での今の進捗度というのは……。

>近藤氏:60%です。帝国編が完全に完結したところで、6割から7割の間になると思います。

HUH? please stop this meme

Yeh that's quite longer. However it really depends if it's possible to break the characters limit or not.

Cedric "Choke her tighter, she's a fighter" Reise Arnor
Cedric "There's breathing room in your tomb" Reise Arnor
Cedric "Black rabbit season" Reise Arnor
Cedric "The girl is not all right" Reise Arnor

...I'm not good at these.

Well, as noted, other English terms would use fewer characters than big hole, so they had options for the top line. There's no bottom line in English.

Yeh but it's clearly supposed to be a special location name so it'd need to be not just one word in my opinion. Maybe something like "Old Era Crater"? That'd be still a bit over a limit, but maybe they could work out on shortening the sentences somehow to fit it as it's just a few letters in that case.

They can't call it a crater because the fact that it is a crater is a spoiler for a later scene. But virtually any proper geographic term sounds grander than big hole. It's just a seriously tin-eared choice, as if the translator has no idea how English naming actually works.

Musse wrote black records

So what happens if Cedric says no?

Franz is a horrible person but wrapped up god knows how many half truths and lies, not unlike saltman and Mariabell