/dg/ - Destiny General

BRING US THE SHIP OR WE BLOW THE PRIMUS edition

>>LIVE EVENTSNEWSCLANS>LINKS

G I V E U S

T H E P R I M U S

This is my wife Hawthorne!

Say something NICE about her!!

first

Guys I can't wait to explore Nessus. It's going to be some awesome. Bungie won't let us down.

>not choosing a picture that can wear the hat
You had one job

+1 TRIALS PLEASE PLEASE
I NEED A CARRY

D2 is worse than D1

Why does she wear the dots?

L I T E R A L L Y end your life

>not knowing he's going to dive and the party hat will land on him

fucking y2babbies

it is pretty awesome. The Tangle is my favorite zone in the game.

1 win then I leave?!??!?!??!

Only in the content department. And only because the last time you played D1 it had three years and four DLCs behind it.

I can't wait to explore Nessus.

>error code pony
They really know their demographic, don't they?

The music is Star Trek as fuck too.

You're supposed to pick a picture that can wear the hat, fagtron.

see kys

so i know where to cum

no u

I will come, I'm just eating something rn

You need to clean your wife's face.

I agree with this with the exception that d2 should have launched with some of the content they added in dlc. Like prison/forge. Also disappointed they still only gave one exotic to the last subclass for all 3 classes again.

The only thing keeping D2 Day 1 above D1 day 1 is couple QoL improvements, but i had more fun in D1 when it launched.

If you appear offline do you still show up as online in the clan?

Yes

I'm starting to realize this. The end game is a snooze in D2

That's because Destiny was new to you then. D2 is still at its core "just more Destiny".

F I N G E R T I P S

Or maybe D2 is just a boring piece of shit made for people who play videogames 2 hours per week.

no

I REALLY want a femHunter to sit on my face and let me eat her ass out.

TL;DR: I no longer will post in this general.

I joined this general shortly after I got TTK, and loved it because of all the content people were posting of Crucible triumphs I could only dream to achieve, Raid completions that left me hungry to log back on, what have you.

What a long way this general has come since. The release of this game has seemingly prompted acclaim in its first week or so, but then comes the inevitable complaints, the Bungo pls, the whining about nightfalls, the thought that exotics don't feel exotic...

For god's sake, the way you're complaining, I'd just recommend you play another game to pass the time when you're feeling bored with this one. My guess is that you post on here about this thing Bungie didn't get right, or a missed opportunity, but then you go right back to playing this game. Bungie didn't ask you to blow through the content as quickly as possible and then complain with the rest of your downtime.

This community still has its users who post good content, offer advice to other players, or still showcase their achievements. But from what I've seen lately, it's nothing but a soapbox for those who seem to be looking for fault. Just post after post of "Bungie didn't do this", "Bungie really screwed the pooch here", or whatever else.

cont....

tfw made $630 on flawless runs this week

>been looking for prestige NF all week and not a single person joined me
>today everyone is joining eachother for prestige NF and exotic shotgun quest

What the fuck am I doing wrong

DELETE THIS

ORYX ISNT REAL ERIS

I'm not saying Destiny 2 is a better game, I'm telling you why you feel the way you do. This is just the sequel cycle at work where everyone looks at the previous game through rose-tinted goggles.

I imagine some who read this will say "These are minor complaints, I still enjoy the game as a whole." Great. But please consider that your incessant groaning makes this community a complete pain to browse. Take your small complaint, weigh it against you really want that issue fixed or if you're just doing it for the upvotes.

Point being, we have a beautiful game here, which addressed so many of the issues D1 had. But people still find it appropriate to complain about the smallest thing, even things we never even got in D1. Instead of bitching about it, expressing your crushing disappointment, offer it up as a legitimate suggestion. Otherwise you appear entitled, and how dare Bungie not fulfill your expectations. This general has become filled with posts like this, and it's no longer enjoyable to view. Attack me if you want (and I know you will), but you can't deny that this general has become way more about what has NOT provided compared to what it HAS provided.

Not how it works, fag.

delete this right now

Just wanna grind in peace, why is this a thing

go back to rebbit
no, really

What faggot posted this?

D2 is the first game to create such a feel in me.

>reddit boogeyman omg

kill yourself.

hey jiro

It absolutely is, who are you to say it isn't, moot?

>autists grind 6 hours daily, barely scrape 300
>play for 6 hours a week if I'm lucky, 296

stay mad

Anonymous

this is from reddit isnt it

i'm serious
he'd probably be happier on the destiny subreddit than here

It's a boring piece of shit because people complained about everything for 3 years

>bawwwwwww I grinded 200 hours and couldn't get Gjallarhorn or a God roll weapon
>fixed perk loot drops
>bawwwwww crucible is too casual and random with OP 1HK weapons and supers. why can't pvp be more like trials
>nerf super and ability cooldowns and power
>make crucible more competitive be enforcing the 4v4 meme and design everything with 4v4 competive in mine apart from the most fundamental of things like private matches and dedicated servers

Bungie's shitty fixes are all remedies for some of the biggest complainers. i.e. autistic "hardcore" shitters that made excuse after excuse for why they were bad at the game or just had bad RNG. You know, the type of faggot you find on LFG that boasts about how good they were even though they, like 99% of the Destiny community, were shit.

It won't be the last game. Embrace it.

So people have went from writing transcripts from jiro's content to outright imitating him. Autism is one hell of a drug.

It never worked that way. It still doesn't.

And yes, I could very well be moot.

I don't believe whining about criticism is worse than criticism about a game at all. Obviously you don't agree, but I'm allowed to find non-stop bitching to be annoying. You say people like me are the absolute worst of a gaming community, but I happen to view those who act like they deserve something from a game to be the worst. Your criticism may be perfectly valid, but posting about it like you have earned it, or that Bungie owes you something, is where criticism becomes a complaint and nothing more.

literally who?

>Its literally the communitys fault that Bungie can't make a videogame that lasts longer than a week

The target audience is casuals, not autismlords who play video games every day.

The current version of crucible is 100x better for competitive play not that id ever recommend someone play Destiny competitively because it's still shit but making quick play basically practice competitive? That was dumb. Honestly crucible should just be scrapped altogether and the game should go 100% pve

I don't suppose anyone has conclusive data, be it from mining or something, that supports the idea that exotics in your collection are more likely to drop? Because after my 8th Sweet Business followed by 4 Transversive Steps in a row, I hate everything. Can someone give me facts so I can feel angry at numbers, not """luck"""?

>still not a party hat edition

motherfucker do you just hate birthday parties because you never had anyone that wanted to celebrate yours?

Adjudicator is a real man gat for real nibbaz only

More proof that Destiny is a product, not a videogame bungie cares about.

It's RNG, you know what that means, right?

Is it, though? I play copious amounts of Monster Hunter, I know well the sting of RNG. This is too consistent.

So theres no good pulses that are competitively viable except the vigilance wing?

>This is just the sequel cycle at work where everyone looks at the previous game through rose-tinted goggles.
Right? I've seen people saying how Destiny 1 had zero lag problems (remember trading with people and dying seconds later in the first few months), zero server or lag issues, that PvP was balanced, more competitive and stuff like that. D1 was broken. Fun as Hell, but broken.

It's everyone's fault. Shit developer, shit community that doesn't realise its own contribution to this mess.

Most casuals have probably quit the game, anyway, user.

They're not going for the casual market, they're aiming for the semi-hardcore market of people that will put 100-1000 hours into the game. They're aiming at the middle ground players that care enough to follow YouTubers and streamers, but not dedicated enough to become lords of autism that play 4+ hours every day. They're aiming at people that play 1-2 hours per day and want to be as big and strong as their streamer/YouTuber idols. Casuals compared to people here, but not actually casual.

Just give me a name

Listen lad pulses are the worst guns in the game

Something has to come in last place

Protip: get the filename, get the link, throw it into google reverse image search by link, and boom sauce. Veeky Forums reverse searches the thumbnail for some reason.

Cadenza-43

People are also comparing TTK Destiny to Destiny 2 launch. Like holy fuck.

Why is that not a fair comparison? I am not talking overall content that 3 DLCs would give but the quality of life changes. We went backwards just so they can add it again later. Very basic things like inventory space and management.

>Its completely ridiculous to expect a sequel to contain shit that the first thing had.

People must have been fucking amazed that Reach had both Firefight and Forge.

just google any chink model and there you go

Is anyone willing to help a buddy and I complete the raid for the first time? Got as far as the bathhouse yesterday before we had to call it quits

>comparing a fresh release game to the previous game that had 4 years of content added over time

Yeah, smart decision. Granted, I am not trying to defend Destiny 2 in any way and I agree with most of the flaws people point out, namely I really dislike Crucible this time, but people love doing that shit.

She even has a bulls-eye draw on her.

I can empathise with that view a bit. Not in terms of content like missions, raids, etc. But the general state of the game feels like somewhere in between vanilla D1 and TTK.

>"WE HAVE TO PUSH THE NIGGERS BACK!"

I know the cabal were attacking but cmon...

Being on at the wrong time.

I would expect D2 to launch with the shit D1 had (Heroic story and strike missions, more modifiers, PoE, Archons forge type of thing, replayable Campaign missions with multiple difficulty settings etc)

Sorry bud don't have one. I felt the same as you did upon viewing.

That's real freakin sad... I love pulses...

This has to be the only pulse I havent even recieved one of. Ive gotten multiples of the DO one, Lincoln, NS, Crucible one. But Ive never seen this.

What did they expect when they asked Raimi to help clean up the story?

forcing it alittle too hard. use it more sparingly, so it doesnt get stale

This. Vanilla Destiny 2 should have had a POE/Forge area at least.

I would have as well. Again, I'm not defending Desitny 2 as it is solely lacking in some basic shit like you mentioned (seriously Bungus where the fuck are the Heroic Strikes? Why even play Strikes when they don't give you shit compared to Heroic Events?).

>autism
>4+ hours
user, myself and all the other thread NEETs that I know are far more autismal than 4 hours, it's more like 9 - 15+

>Veeky Forums
>not running literally every meme it gets it's hands on into the ground
Pick one.

>pc edition comes out a day before i have to go on a work up
>going to fall even further behind on deployment
its a bad feel.

in any case. why is the sidearms ammo economy so trash?

You are better off asking people at LFG, believe it or not, /dg/ is pretty shit at raids as compared to normies

>Crucible should be scrapped
But consider
>Crucible brings in more daily players than any and all PvE content
>most popular streams (lol streams) are that of Trials

As much as spergs here hate to admit it, PvP is what gives Destiny its longevity and it's statistically the most popular portion of the game to boot

Maybe get headshots sometimes

Can you source any of that? I have like 2 friends that play Destiny for crucible. Most of us stick around for raids and play other games when we want to pvp. I know that's an anecdote but still

It's an FPS, it's pretty safe to say this without an actual source.

Really? The problem for me atm is that not many people are both looking to go with inexperienced players AND start at the bathhouse checkpoint.
I really don't want to start from the beginning again because a lot of people struggle with the Gauntlet

i mean the more exotics you have the more likely any given roll will be a duplicate, that's just statistics