fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

pixelation.org/index.php?topic=15295.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Happy birthday Austin!

Hi /agdg/. Just bought Game Maker 2. I have zero programming experience and am borderline retarded when it comes to math. I'm pretty skilled at creating art and music and already have the main points of my game concept figured out. Should I start right away following tutorials to try and whip out a prototype or should I start with smaller exercizes like "make pong"? This seems really overwhelming, I don't know where to begin.

Please Help

>tfw getting bullied by programming

pong

I'll try my luck one more time.

Is there any reason not to use geometry instancing when drawing more than a few models?

Do it whichever way you think is most likely to keep your motivation up.

>I have zero programming experience and am borderline retarded when it comes to math.

Same desu

i'd do tutorials first to get a hang of what's happening where then try to make basic games like pong that i didn't watch tutorials for

Depending on the engine there can be limitations to them

>should I start with smaller exercizes like "make pong"?
Yes. You're going to need to build your confidence in using your tools before you start doing long-term projects, and making simple games is the way to do it. If you just start in fresh, you're going to hit a point pretty early where you have no idea how to solve an issue and you're going to give up because you aren't seeing any progress or proof of your own skill. Making simple games first will give you the basic tools to work within the system, and give you the confidence to believe that you can actually make your own game.

It's the difference between lifting 5 lb. weights and building your way up, and trying to lift a 75 lb weight right away.

Added placeholder walls, and player model.

This, but if you go straight for a prototype you'll be throwing out that code anyway, several times over. Might as well learn on small self-contained games.

by sure to follow me on twitter, like on facebook and subscribe on youtube for more updates on my game.

don't bully, it is not gay if balls don't touch

forgot to post my info
twitter.com/vine2d

>release waifu game
>remove demo and tease us for a year
>roll out the lewd patreon
brilliant

stop giving me dinosaur bone-rs.

I enjoyed throwing the old shit away and rewriting it more and more sensible every revision for my first project desu

QUICK, POST PROGRESS.

Blueprints or home grown?

>Vanquish butt slide
Sold

just found this while googling agdg

what the fuck is this gorgeous game?

Various circles are in, time to add more candle placement options

just found the source while googling, took me 20 seconds

likely just from discussions about pixelart, someone will say "all pixel art is shit" and then someone will post something like that and say "no it's not!"

I don't know if that's from a game, but here's the artists page
pixelation.org/index.php?topic=15295.0

what happens after you summon someone?

this is a fancy way of choosing game's final boss. Each god has their own set of rules that change the gameplay slightly (like deadlier combat, casting spells raising doom instead of their normal cost) and adds a set of unique events and encounters

there is literally nothing gay about liking traps

How do you do that debug text?

you have to code it yourself

Looks nice, definitely an improvement over the old animations.

its just the UE4 print string node. Click the arrow at the bottom for color/duration options

Prove it

Make a game about it

A wip mockup dialog with the first boss and also showing off his portrait.
Also did some work on the menus. It's all a bunch of if statements now, but I'll turn it into a state machine at the later time.

>health bar reaches 0
>it goes past zero and starts growing back in both directions infinitely
What the fuck, I set it to restart the room if that happens.

Where=/=were

Yeah I forgot to spell check it

Idk, start with whatever you need, that can be anywhere from 8 to 128 depending on how many shades you want and the style of the game (pixels, pixel textures, flat shading, or actually soft shading where you'll be mixing colors anyway). It's fine to add colors as you go, but make sure you first check if the palette already has a good color. If it doesn't, make sure the new color you add fits in the palette.

>divide by 0 problems

should every element of gameplay be like, modular? I feel like a dumbass because every time I add something in my game, it breaks something else. Should I focus on everything being bits i can plug in and out or should I just accept my fate?

A game where your health can go into negative without losing the game.

forced to dress like a girl by neesan > disguise as female twin for sex > dress like a slut to pick up men (sub) > forced to dress like a girl by kaasan > casually dress like a girl with no shame every day > forced to dress like a girl by non-family females > dress like a girl to seduce niisan > dress like a slut to pick up men (dom) > forced to dress like a girl by niisan > forced to dress like a girl by niisan > dress like a girl to seduce tousan > forced to dress like a girl by tousan > forced to dress like a girl by non-family males > sold into a gangbang > anything else

starting work on a new level

Did you hp == 0 or hp

WHAT
THE
FUCK

Does current tech really allow generating and storing massive amounts of data? I'm talking tens of thousands of unique characters. Mount and Blade and Total War both hold a lot of units in a game but they're just templates. Dwarf Fortress sort of attempts this but seems to only hold a couple thousand unique units and abstract away the rest of the population in some way. Is it a fool's errand at this stage of consumer grade computing power and data storage?

>forced to dress like a girl by neesan
Exquisite taste

Awful opinions

Well yea, think of any MMO. They have users in the millions.

I was going to ask why you were taking inspiration from Mass Effect 3, but the way you described it it sounds like this is a choice you make midway through the game.

what other basic 2d platformer things should i add?
i have cannons and rocket cannons on the way

Nothing you will ever be capable of will be past consumer grade

Multiply the number of characters you want by the number of bytes that each character takes up, then compare that to modern RAM and / or HDD sizes.

Almost certainly, "tens of thousands of unique characters" is trivial to store. The real obstacle to games having that many characters is processing and rendering.

But the data is held on yuge servers that still stretch their limits, the data is not replicated on the hard drive of every user.

>last panel
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Processing can be sequentially staggered for a slow strategy game but I just whipped up a quick prototype and was easily hitting 4GB+ RAM at a fraction of the goal, and nearly 1GB of storage to offload it to savefiles. Well, that's sort of within technical limits but not really acceptable.

Can I make a 3d model light source in blender internal? Other than the emit material with a super low upper strength limit.

This is when micro-optimizations are required. What does the memory layout of a character actually look like, can you cut corners anywhere?

I concur

ropes that you can swing on

Who /yuri jam/ here? I kinda want to participate but I don't really have any good ideas (no," random game X except you play as a lesbian" doesn't count).

Rapelay, except you're a girl so it's okay

>no agdg yuri jam

Actually a game where you play as a girl who's being raped and you need to fend off the rapist could be interesting

AGP
G
P

here's an ideea: you're a girl and you have to run around a school to make as many girls gay as possible to form your own mega harem pikmin style

It was actually already half of what I'd like it to be. I trimmed the list of skills as much as I could and I haven't even added the health states of body parts or personality traits. I'm already abstracting civilian populations, I don't really see what else can be done other than abstract undistinguished military units or clean up RAM usage and manage tons of save data.

You could do what literally everyone else is doing and just do a lesbian VN.

Or you could make a puzzle platformer with visual elements that are reminiscent of female genitalia about a manic-depressive young girl exploring the depths of her own mind and coming to terms with her own homosexuality, with bosses that reflect the events in her life that lead her to the realization (such as the girl she kissed at a party, her overly intolerant father, etc.). You'll hate yourself doing it, but I'm sure Tumblr will like it.

I want to make a game about an innocent character that is ostracized, bullied and in general treated like shit because they're ugly, it will end with them taking their own life. All the marketing material will try to pass it off as a cute family friendly game.

>VN
>game
Not to mention that I can't write for shit so that's a no-no.

>dress like a slut to pick up men (sub)
Good
>dress like a slut to prostitute self (sub)
better

PUBG but playing with lolis and cute anime girls

Make a game adaptation of romeo and juliet except with grills

okay, so I managed to rig my character and import it to UE4 but how do I switch animations?

Animation blueprint

user, are you an esl?

I considered them the same thing because everyone prostitutes themself in japan

okay fuck it i give up for today.
but tomorrow i will destroy this goddamn bug.
or maybe the day after tomorrow. FUCK YOUUU

I don't know what that abbreviation means user.

>water

english second language, you screwed up basic phrases many times there.

tfw cant post progress because toaster is too shitty to record video

get a second toaster and record the screen of the first toaster with the second.

In the future I want to implement frame dumping in my game so I can record even on toasters

Ah that, well yeah. Though the characters are meant to talk in an odd manner.
But if you've got time I'd be more than glad to hear what would be the correct way to write them.

>any damage you take past 0 is considered a blood debt
>have to shed X amount of blood from enemies to get back above 0

MTG a best

In what way could this little guy attack? I was thinking with a weapon first, but he doesn't have any arms.

Rubbery-legged roundhouse kick.

Add a wiggling antena like an anglerfish on top of his head and make he shoot beams while making a >.< face

headbutt
laser eyes

make it curbstomp, roundhouse kick, punt, and roundhouse kick enemies

Blush Blast

give him a third leg in the middle