He believes ethics exist

>he believes ethics exist

Fuck me. One off quints.

I hope your mother gets raped

I wouldn't like it, but I recognize that it's only my opinion. How do you know something is evil?

>Just because something is non-physical it has no practical impact

Spicy

Easy. Something is evil if it´s not good.

No middle ground? And anyways, define good.

>dude nothign truly exists cuz its all just chemicals in ur brain dude LMAO

literally pleb tier

I didn't say anything about chemicals or matter at all. Ethics just happens to be merely an opinion.

Are you 9?

An opinion that tends to be shared by most people cross-culturally

So you agree then. Ethics is just an opinion with no basis on reality.

Most people would regard that as an evil act; that's a statistical phenomenon. If we really look at it, ethics seems to just another form of communication, like language or territory, adapted from millions of years of social evolution. In comedy there's no "objectively funny joke; comedic value stems from a play on our human relationships in order to make fun of something we generally understand.

it´s maybe cicrular, but it´s way easier to define good then to define evil. but we dont have to define the word. it´s just enough to show one act we can agree on that it is good/evil, that would prove that those two exists. wouldnt you agree that it is a good act if someone giving away his meal just because he thinks another person needs it more?

I do THINK that it's a good act, but that doesn't make it more thsn my opinion. Opinions do exist in thought, but not in the real world. There is no universal law that says giving away a meal is good.

Define exist. Because ideas absolutely do exist; their activity can be observed in the physical processes of the brain.

Ethics meaning an universal law that stares what is right and wrong is only an illusion created by humans. It exists as an idea, but in the real world it's less common than a flying unicorn.

how do you do it

OK. This makes ethics invalid how? Ethics could just as easily be a law held through majority consensus and still serve a useful purpose.

except obviously it does have a basis in reality.

I'm not talking about purpose. Something that only exists as an idea can be useful, but that doesn't mean it exists in our world.

Do you believe lifestyles exist?

why would nearly every human agree that it is a good act besides some psychopaths?

it seems that is going down to the question if there is a human nature or not. because if there is one ethics are real and in any way a law of nature.

But ideas do exist in our world. Again, they can be observed in the physical processes of our brain.

They do. They aren't concrete things, but as strict rules to justify procedure, ethics indeed do exist as we make them.

So the color red is also real? Because we can see it aswell but we know that it´s only the reflection of light.

Tell me, how would one define what exists and what does not?

how many memes can you fit in one post

>only the reflection of light.

You are so stupid it hurts. "Red" is the name we give to a certain range of electromagnetic radiation. Yes, it absolutely exists physically.

idiot! electromagnatic radiation is light. you can say that the light exists( or photons or eletromagnatic radiation) but that doenst make the colour red part of the physical world. Like the electrons, you can observe, running around your brain doesnt make your thoughts part of the physical world