vocaroo.com/i/s1FdQVqaPeex
youtube.com/watch?v=qPBNZAgtihk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He was too good for italy

D'Annunzio is our guy

It's either him or Balbo.

why was he so handsome?

Descended from Romans, nuff said.

Mussolini would be considered a hero if he hadn't given in to Hitler's influence.

this

This is your daily reminder that if Mussolini had not allied with Hitler Fascist Italy would probably still be standing today
He was adorable.
Could we please get some rare Duces in here? I'm looking for the one of him smiling from a train and laughing

To have "a guy" you are giving up your autonomy to a single individual who's judgement otherwise may be faulty.

why does everyone always look so cool in these old pictures?

>A smart, well spoken and fashionable man is bullied into adopting some retard's impractical ideologies, leading to his death
I feel like this is a recurring theme throughout history.

I don't think worshiping that bad of a crooked jaw is "cool", but that's a bit subjective innit

There's a law of coolness conservation in the world. The more there are people, the less cool an average person is.

Off-topic, but isn't that OP done exclusively by one guy? Even the presumably female parts.

I think the lesson here is the bigger you build your personality cult in a republic the harder everything's going to tumble when it falls.

He should have allied with France.

Is there any alternate history about if he had resisted the anschluss?

I don't know. He couldn't really put into law he rules until he dies, and if World War II era Italian military is to say, there would be a lot of angry fascists he sided with the allies and worse yet did a piss poor job militarily. In what we have, Mussolini satisfied his base but ended up just doing a piss poor job militarily and lost.

If he had sided with the allies it would have been far more complicated. You would have three sides, people arguing he did the best he could, being shouted down by people who think he wasn't devoted to fascism or nationalism enough for not backing up Hitler and people pointing it to be a failiure of fascism and supporting more populist regimes.

Nonetheless the extreme fever leftover would be there. Italy would be an interesting place.

There would be enough chance I would bet he would end up assassinated.

Nope, I do it too sometimes and I'm not OP. Mussolini is indeed /ourguy/.

But J Posadas is my guy

I was talking about the Nichijou anime opening song, not the Original poster.

What do you think would happen if Italy never sided with anyone and took neutrality in WWII? Surely this would be in very much in line with fascist ideals to not accept any alliances.

Extreme nationalism is a major ideological tenet of fascism. Fighting a fellow fascist, but for your own countries interest, wouldn't really be seen as betraying fascism would it?

Also, didn't most italians support the British?

>What do you think would happen if Italy never sided with anyone and took neutrality in WWII?

His personality cult would be screaming at him hysterically for not siding with the Axis which they more or less ideologically aligned with.

They would probably be a split or loyalists and others. One side telling him it wasn't a war worth fighting and he was a good leader or something or other, one side saying the war wasn't worth fighting because they didn't show the allies their might and Mussolini was a hypocrite.

This would also end up in the chaos fueling radical populists pointing out, you see what our government is, fascism is a farce! And doing their own civil disobedience.

Nonetheless, the crowd Mussolini generated pretty much necessitated his downfall either way. Either the fascist party got their way and they lost, or they remained neutral and everyone and their dog would be furious

The Fascist Party was not uniformly pro-German at all. By 1939 pro-German elements were certainly more in favour than the Germanophobes like Balbo, but I don't think neutrality would've been a death blow to Mussolini's popularity. Even with pro-German sentiment in the party, it took Mussolini until June 1940 to enter the war, and only because France had already effectively collapsed. It's not a stretch to imagine him exercising just a bit more caution, seeing as he and the Grand Council knew that Italy was not ready for war, and would not be until '43 at best.

Personally, I think a viable scenario would be Benny keeping Italy out of the greater European war, and invading Yugoslavia, Greece, or both in the early 40s. Britain and the French Government in Exile would probably let this slide, since they'd be wanting to keep Italy neutral. With Italy focusing on a single front, the campaign goes a bit better than it did in real life, so Mussolini gets his Irredentist and Imperialist prestige, while not getting tied to the wider conflict.

Does anyone else pretend to be Benny when home alone?

Just like Nationalist Spain and Nasserite Egypt amirite

Sometimes. I wish I was on his level of histrionics.

he is like a little baby

watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=kJiA_t3isRY

Handy link for all your DUCE related needs

DUX: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRMqpLbkc1CPGZK-0fgmLd9jFDcBIjbL9

vocaroo.com/i/s16hQBmxTwI2
vocaroo.com/i/s0BGTeJ2KtSz

vocaroo.com/i/s0vRQ3JZHn5M

vocaroo.com/i/s1FdQVqaPeex

Yes, he is
Superior latin blood

Context please?

Italo Balbo lead two trans-Atlantic flights in the early 30s, which at the time was still a pretty amazing feat. When he got to the States, he got welcomed as a hero, and the Sioux gave him the honorary title of Chief Soaring Eagle.

me on the left

>Not posting the superior Benito video

youtube.com/watch?v=qPBNZAgtihk

Another rare