Currently unemployed

Currently unemployed

Learning to code online

hows the job market for this?
>whats the pay like?

job market isn't great if you're self taught
better off trying to make your own work
make some stuff that's good and putting it on github and then advertise and contact any lead

still worth a shot.

I'm going through Codecademy.

coding is nice but where you could really outshine those 5$/h Pakis is by knowing your algorithms and data structures.

Do tons of small coding projects to get practice.
Ideally you have something else as your main job and add more and more coding to it. For example an accountant might start writing more and more complex VBA scripts to automate his work in excel.

How hard is VBA ?
I'm considering learning it to save some time.

Offer cheap web dev services and scam old home-business owners to pay for a service they could do for free and they probably don't need.
Set up a website, start a facebook page, push the page or bot net some traffic
?????
profit

worked better 2-3 years ago, still sorta works.

Not very hard. It was developed with morons in mind.
On the other hand it might be flat out impossible to implement some things in it.
I would go with Python.

Would I benefit from learning python when I'm aiming for an accountant job and trading in my spare time?

>learning python when I'm aiming for an accountant job

nigger what

no don't learn python to get a job as an accountant. yes, learn to program for trading/monitoring util

you will always benefit from learning Python.
its like the swiss army knife of software development.

That being said, those hiring you as accountant wont have the foggiest clue what python or software development is except "something with computers" (exceptions may apply).

Use it when you have a job to get more productive.
But for trading its a great idea of course.

>what

Read next time nigger
>>

> No degree
> No experience

$12-$15hr at a shit job. You'll have to work there for 2 years then take an entry level job at a real place making $40k a year. Enjoy grinding for 10 years for a pay day.

>hows the job market for this?
Terrible if you're self taught with no certs.
Meh if you have a degree but no work history in the field.
Amazing if you have an established work history.

Alright, thanks man.
I'll look into python.

A word of warning and encouragement since I work as a tutor and see this often:
If you do not have any CS experience at all then, no matter the language you pick to get started, you will hit a wall. This is when you try to get your brain to think like a computer does which is not very natural for humans.
Even if it seems at times impossible to understand something: Never, ever give up.
Perseverance trumps everything.
Do not underestimate the power of your subconcious that works at understanding something even if you are not actually thinking actively about it.

As long as you are not mentally handicapped you can learn programming, dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Thanks for the encouraging words, you actually got me excited for learning that shit.
Also, I have a friend who's a programmer so I can consult him about stuff too.
Though I'd rather try to fix it myself first.

For people like you and me programming maybe feels natural.
Example: To do task a, step 1, 2, 3 have to be executed. Let's put that into a function!!

But it takes a lot of time, energy and devotion to reach that skill level. Not everyone is interested or smart enough to aquire rhese skills.

Right.. good luck, dumbass.

Everyone not handivapped is smart enough, no exceptions.
But yeah many are simply not interested enough, and some who are interested do not persevere long enough to see the fruits of their efforts.

Thats why Python is nice as beginner language: You get results fast which keeps your motivation high, but it stays useful later on, contrary to VBA for example.

heh I'm coming from a blue collar background, can't really code that. As part of the curriculum though there's about a dozen projects.

here's the course list

Dashboard
Full Stack path
HTML & CSS
36%
Learn Sass
0%
JavaScript
0%
jQuery
0%
Learn AngularJS 1.X
0%
Learn the Command Line
0%
Ruby
0%
Learn Ruby on Rails
0%
Ruby on Rails: Authentication
0%
Learn Git
0%

thanks bro so far its coming fairly easy to me. Its hard to tear myself away from it actually

I want to puke.
Its all Webshit.
Just keep in mind that whatever you learn there is just one way among many to do things.
After that you will learn how to do things correctly.
HTML is not a programming language but a markup language, you just tell the computer how things look.
Javascript is an abomination.
Ruby is kinda meh, but has some nice parts
Git is good.

thats awesome. Good to hear.

Oh I'll take other courses when I get this done as a foundation. Python was mentioned ITT

Does she have a penis?