Neoslavonic language

According to creators of this artificial language, each and every Slav should be able to understand about 80% of context written in it.

So i want to check it out and i ask Russians, Croatians (and others) to read this short text and share their feelings about this attempt in uniting Slav languages.

>Otče naš,

iže jesi na nebesah, da sveti se ime Tvoje, da pride cesarstvije Tvoje, da bude volja Tvoja jako na nebesi, i na zemlji.

Hlieb naš nasučny daj nam dnes, i otstav nam dlugy naše, jako i my otstavujeme dlužnikom našim.

I ne v'vedj nas v napast, no izbav nas ot lukavego.

Jako Tvoje jest cesarstvije i sila i slava v vieki.

Amin.

>using Our Father/Oтчe нaш
That's a really popular prayer that you'd hear many times even if you're not going to church. I think the point is to give the text you haven't encounteted, so this text certainly doesn't apply.

Croatian diaspora here, I can barely read Croatian but I understood that 100%, using our father probably isn't a good way to gauge understanding though.

polack here, it's not very clear desu

also panslavism a shit

>he doesn't want to be under Russian protection again
Come on now.

0.5 RUB were added to your account

> no izbav nas ot lukavego
>ot
Did they add it because of Bulgarian? If I'm not mistaken Bulgarian and Macedonian are the only Slavic languages without cases, so I'm interested in how the creators have dealt with this. Apparently, in "daj nam dnes" they've used the case system, but below they've skipped it.

The preposition ot/oт is also in that place at least in Russian to show that you're moving from something.
>below they've skipped it
Can't really see it. Can you show where?

>Can't really see it. Can you show where?
I meant 'ot'. Can't this preposition be skipped using a case, Dative or Accusative?

polack here and I can actually understand it because i had listened to this prayer in my own language all my youth

>it's not in Cyrillic

"Ojcze nasz, który jesteś w niebie,
niech się święci imię Twoje!
Niech przyjdzie królestwo Twoje;
niech Twoja wola spełnia się na ziemi, tak jak i w niebie.
Chleba naszego powszedniego daj nam dzisiaj;
i przebacz nam nasze winy, jak i my przebaczamy tym, którzy przeciw nam zawinili;
i nie dopuść, abyśmy ulegli pokusie, ale nas zachowaj od złego!" that's polish version for ya

Not really. In Russian that line is "Избaвь нac oт лyкaвoгo". In English it's "deliver us from evil".
The best way to determine the case to ask a question: "избaвь нac oт (кoгo? чeгo?) лyкaвoгo"/"deliver us from (what? whom?) evil". Without the preposition, you can't ask such a question. Grammar doesn't work that way. So, the preposition is necessary. Having cases doesn't mean you don't have prepositions.

Thanks for your answer.

It's hard to find a text which would have the most similarities among all Slav languages. For example on website link written in banner there are multiple several texts which i (as a Pole) can easily understand in around 80%.

I would like turn on Russian TV and understand their point of view in their national tube rather than rely on English translations on RT... or any other Slav news broadcasted by national network.

I can't tell but it's a good question which you could ask them.

You don't say?!

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory forevermore.
Amen.

Croat here. I mostly understood it. However, the fact that it's očenaš makes it much easier.
What's the purpose anyway? Nobody is going to use it irl

dumb fuck

czech here

i can understand... about two thirds of it

however, a significant portion (i dunno, every fifth word or so) is a false friend of sorts

i'd translate "otstav nam dlugy naše" as "odstav nám naše dluhy" which would be something like... eee... "put away our debts" - which is different from forgive our trespasses or w/e its in inglish

That shit is dumb, just learn Russian, and fuck Pan-Slavism that includes non-Orthodox Slavs.

also this being the prayer makes it much easier to translate in a "by the way" manner, thanks to the context

isolated i would not know what many words meant, even the shorter ones like "iže" or "izbav"

Russian here, understood 98.367% of it

On a side note, I often speak to a Polish friend in Russian and he responds in Polish, it's pretty neat how we can understand each other on a basic-level language dialogue!

Slavs writing in Latin leads to the creation of abominations like č, š, ž and so on. There's an alphabet made specifically for people speaking Slavic languages.

>That shit is dumb, just learn (my language), and fuck Pan-Slavism that includes non-(my religion) Slavs.

k y s
y
s

ć ś ż ź

I am with you, brother. Though Chezch orthography is actually quite good and reads easily.
But Polish... how can they do it?

what do you mean

Yeah i know - just want to check it out is it true what creators says.

Same here. But from my perspective i had a impression that's written in Czech.

That's why i have chosen this prayer.

Frankly, when i turn Rossiya24 i barely understand a word. I can read something from time to time, but it says me as little as i would hear it by my own ears.

Much easier for me is to talk to Czechs, because it is similar to some kind of charade.

> (You)
>Frankly, when i turn Rossiya24 i barely understand a word. I can read something from time to time, but it says me as little as i would hear it by my own ears.

I should have mentioned that we talk fairly slow to understand each other

>Much easier for me is to talk to Czechs, because it is similar to some kind of charade.

Lol

There's too many consonants in Polish writing. I can't see the syllable behind all of them.

Exactly.

cze-go ty kur-wa nie wi-dzisz ty-pie ma-my nor-mal-ną il-ość sa-mo-gło-sek prze-cież

So Slavic is basically "all the ugliest sounds a human can produce: the language family"?

There's this thing with the Esperanto, tho. It has a similar goal, yet we are conducting this conversation in English. Maybe it is better to learn a language that's already widely used.

That's not (British) English.

British has the glottal stop, the s, the sh, the dzh, and the zh. Slavic has all of these plus new horrors yet undreamed.

you better try arabic with 5 types of H and D

The idea behind auxiliary languages like Esperanto is to be easy to learn for everyone and for no one to have an unfair advantage with it being their first language. English will eventually stop being the word language and everyone else with have to switch to different language of a country with geopolitical dominance.

>English will eventually stop being the world language
Keep dreaming Xing.

As a Serbian, i can read and understand this.

>thinking anyone will still speak English once the US is irrelevant
Keep dreaming John. You're going to have to learn a second language like everyone else, why not make it Esperanto?

Esperanto is just another kind of spicish

Latin should be the Langua Franca, not this commie shit

>esperanto
I'd rather learn chink thanks.

Not really.
Try learning Latin first before you say stuff like that. Zamenhoff also thought that then he realized Latin is retarded and difficult.
>Implying

He's right though, English is not a particularly easy or logical language (particularly pronunciation of written words), as Anglo-American primacy recedes the incentive to learn it will reduce and other nations will start competing to get their languages learned instead.

Chinese won't replace it as the lingua franca though, the system of writing with characters is too time-consuming to learn and can't just be picked up through context once a basic level has been taught.

Something like Esperanto is a good idea in theory but it would require a level of international cooperation not previously seen in history, also there's a lack of books, TV, music etc. in the language which makes it harder to gain fluency for those who can't practice regularly.

Meh međuslovanski is way more elegant and practical.

Mandarin can be written with Pinyin, which it probably would be if it started to become international. Also, Esperanto is decently popular in China so it's a possibility they'd try to push that forward internationally, and just keep Mandarin as their own special language that the laowai can't speak.

Not entirely true, Macedonian still has the vocative and remnants of accusative and dative (кoгo)

That's not literally any asian language or dutch

People actually think this? I love the dialects Britain has. Even chavspeak.

Conlangs have none of the beauty or regular usage that natural languages do. They will always feel contrived.

Not all conlangs are Klingon, you know.

Pole here, I understand about 60% of it. Quite unclear. However polish is quite different from other slavic languages

> slavic
> one language
Yeah, some of them sound horribly, but you not liking it is irrelevant and subjective. I dont like english because of its simplicity and wouldnt call it a language for retards.

polack here too, it is not easy to understand if you dont know what it is. Its a prayer. If i didnt know the prayer, or if i werent a christian I would struggle with it a lot.

Slavic speaker here.

I consider such pan-Slavic shit retarded. And also it's usually a ploy from the Russian subhumans to """"""liberate"""""" and rule their Slavic """"""""""""'brothers"""""""""""".