soundcloud.com/dongs/ghost-chopper-rescueunexpected-enemy-wip
awk.itch.io/harmonic,
twitter.com/AWKgamedev,
awkgamedev.tumblr.com/
gamedeveloperstudio.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Haha time to make a crimson land clone for mecha jam

i dream about /agdg/ animeposters getting wiped off from the face of the earth

Anyone here have good experience with godot? I'm switching back to 2D and I've made the decision to forego unity and game maker studio because one is terrible for 2D and the other is incredibly clunky.

Any body have any games that are a good showcase?

I've made a few tracks for a shmup game concept but I'm no artist.
soundcloud.com/dongs/ghost-chopper-jungle-stage
soundcloud.com/dongs/ghost-chopper-rescueunexpected-enemy-wip
I'm interesting in composing for games if anybody wants music.

rude

A game where you rob graves for workable bones/limbs/tissue then sow together an army of monstrosities in your EVIL dungeon to protect your castle from the inquisition.

Your inherited your masters castle after he got ripped apart by an abomination which proved too difficult to control. The resulting aether explosion tore apart the castle and the inquisition took notice. You have to defend/rebuild your castle by constrcuting undead servants and troops, discovering your masters secrets (hidden library?) along the way.

Progress :
+Melee attack
+Switching weapon
+Setup basic AI into BT

Yeah but is it a 2D platformer or an RTS

Yes please, crimsonland is lit.
It's a topdown 2d game.

The "Godot was never supposed to arrive"

It's not pointless, as evidenced by this argument.
>no one ever agrees with you
False

I dream about you having a game, but then I always wake up.

Started working on shooting. Will probably have to remake the weapon change animation though.

I don't quite get it. How is fucking underage children related to gamedev?

make games about it -> make patreon money

in the same way wearing long socks and being a tranny makes you better at programming

been cleaning up the art a bit. still have a lot more work to do

Godot is a very good choice for 2D games. I've made a couple jam games with it

Space Station Silicon Valley was a cool fuckin game.

>it just werks

Godot 3.0 will BTFO Unity once and for all.

Post progress.

better animations, textures and HUD, and this'll be pretty nice.

Why has nobody made an indie skyrim yet?

your animation looks shit

Not even Bethesda can make a good Skyrim why would others even try?

I wonder what happened with the user that was working on pic related.

A game where you make donuts based on a customers orders. It's a platformer. You start out as a small ball of dough running along a production line inside a machine gathering or avoiding ingredients based on the current order.

1st stage is gathering dough to make yourself bigger while avoiding ingredients and fryers.
2nd stage is cooking yourself by running through miniature fryers. Must get the right number of fryers otherwise you burn.
3rd stage is gathering glaze/filling/sprinkles while avoiding fryers and excess ingredients

The level ends with you jumping into a fat guys mouth.

What was it

his artist became a 1MA
he went back to being a shitposter

I think they made a post about team problems and the game being dead but I might be wrong or it might have been an impersonator you never know these days

It was a walking simulator horror game from what I gathered. Environments where 3d, but characters where 2d.
Hmm I see. Well either way it's a shame he stopped. I liked seeing his progress.

its late after dd16 but here is a shitty fanart for project light spirit

was that the well-written puzzle solving game?

I'm an artist with only freshman level programming knowledge. Should I try to collaborate with a programmer or should I 1MA it with Gamemaker? I'm looking to make something on the level of the Gameboy Zelda games.

>me in charge of reading the thread
alas

morrowind only took 100 man years so if you start now you you can finish it before you reach 112

Every game you like will fail

It's the kind of game that doesn't work as indie, not just because of the sheer scope but also because 80% of the fun is in the huge modding community.

there's a showcase on youtube, the problem is a lot of games being made with it aren't even reported as such, heck there's a rpg maker voxel engine made using godot on steam.

cute

Just OMA it. Watch the tuts and you'll be good to go.

What's next? A dog ate all the Godot games?

>only freshman level programming knowledge.
You're already more qualified to 1MA than half the people in these threads.

I don't even have actual programming language I just smash functions together in UE4 and it works.

Spooky

>bethesda had to make their own engine
>its 3D
>complex NPC creation system and massive world
>massive toolkit
>spell creation system, item creation system, many thousands of lines of dialogue
>hundreds of quests.

I think a combination of game engines being better, scaling down scope, and dropping time consuming technical problems would allow you to make an open world RPG. They also had a lot of problems that you don't have to deal with as an indie dev like shipping your game for a specific consoles architecture. Also I'm guessing they had bureaucratic issues that slowed stuff down like organizing orchestral music, design meetings, legal issues etc.

It's impossible to tell unless you were there how much of the man hours in development were spent doing stuff an indie dev would be working on, and how much the process has become easier with modern tools and techniques.

>its another shitposters shitposting about Godot while Godot users mind their own business and work on games episode.

Post Godot game progress

post godot shitposts

no
post progress

name one (1) godot game

Godot logo looks fucking stupid

godot needs more quality loli godots

Just make less base game and build a comprehensive mod kit
Then just build a mechanic for expanding content in some lore friendly way to allow seamless integration of new areas

I guess I should have expected this when I wandered into a general with a child molester OP.

What's your game about?

godot user btw haHAA

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Harmon:i:c
Dev: AWK
Tools: Godot
Web: awk.itch.io/harmonic, twitter.com/AWKgamedev, awkgamedev.tumblr.com/
Progress:
+ Animations can now disable input, still have to implement animation skipping
+ Working on level 1-2 which should be a better introduction to pins and bridges than the old version, it should also teach camera mechanics better
+ Secret path for level 1-1
+ Fixed the misaligned map camera

How to Gain a Permanent Autistic Orbiter in One Easy Post

Placeholder mech sprite. It can move around and aims at the mouse pointer. 100,000 years of progress right here.

How many man-hours of work can you do in one hour??

5 minutes

by my calculations, 3.477

I can pull off a couple a day
You do the math

Are you a boy?
Or are you a girl?

If it isn't to say that girls do more work, then you're incredibly sexist and problematic and there is no place for you here at /agdg/

I mean, even if it would be to say that girls do more work, it would be sexist. You're the one being sexist.

You know who's not sexist? Godot
Godot is a great guy

I have a NEET sister. Should I use her as the face of my game development to gain points with the journalist crowd? Should I even just cut myself entirely out of the public's view?

If you want to gain points with crowd that doesn't even play games, sure. Not sure what use it would be to you though.

To answer that first I will have to see some pics of your sister

casuals eat that shit up, and in the end a sale is a sale

>NEET sister
Turn her into a code monkey and get the shit to start doing some work, make it so she is only allowed to play your games, that will make her motivated to work

legend of zelda but with yordie waifus

I have a NEET sister. Ask me questions

I miss old trist

unless she's an eromanga sensei, gtfo
just work on your game

It dead.
Such a shame, the girl was pretty cute.

Asking again since I didn't get any answers last thread.

Hey y'all, Game Maker question here. Does anyone know how to fix the
>Contains features that currently aren't previewed. (bitmaps and/or gradients) but these should show fine in-game.
error when importing .swf files? Not being able to preview is already an annoyance, but the biggest issue is the fact that the .swf will just loop forever without stopping like normal. Anyone know a fix for these?

A bit of extra context, I'm the artist and I've run into a snag with my programmer buddy. Originally I would draw everything in CSP and send him the original files for Game Maker to animate itself. This worked fine, but in a desire to have more control over the animations and have access to motion tweens and such I started importing my drawings to Flash, animating them how I want, and then exporting them as .swf files. In theory this should work, but then my friend gets this error.

>It's back

Some of this shit you can drop, sure, but modern tools wouldn't make building a massive world or writing 100000 lines of dialogue any faster.

Why is this thread so toxic?

No, it's to say girls work 1 woman-hour in an hour.

super cute!
thanks
I see you turned her tablet into a stand.

Got some ui stuff so it's easier to tell when you've switched weapons and locked on.

Also reworked the shocker weapon so it has a short range mini shocker and a mega shocker that stays out for a while as it's alt fire.
It's my first weapon that allows you to use it's alt fire as a support attack while you switch to another weapon. Oh and it shoots beams at the things it's shocking.

>Women
>Smart enough to make videogames

Pick one. Women are literally incapable of programming. The best they can do is make pretty art assets. Every company that sticks diversity-hired females in their development teams ends up failing shortly after. Do not delude yourself into thinking anyone who wasn't born with a dick is capable of appreciating or understanding videogames in the same capacity as we do, let alone create that which they can not fully comprehend.

See: Bioware Montreal, Yahoo, many such cases.

consider a different hobby

but Gog that webm has more gameplay than all your games put together

YO suggest me sites for buying game assets. I really likes gamedeveloperstudio.com but our shitskin government kicked out paypal and I can't fucking buy anything there because of it.

why do you randomly attack devs sometimes

Neat

Is there some sort of overarching gimmick?

Where in the name of fuck do you live that they kicked out paypal out of all thing ? I live in a (literally) third world country and we have paypal.

He said shitskin for a reason, senpai

art asset stores depress me
ugly art is sad
people buying ugly art is even more sad

Thanks. It's not a real strong gimmick but you combine two weapon drops to make a new ones like Gunstar Heroes.
I hoping there'll be enough variety in weapons and combos to justify the game existing.

Pretty sure it's not him. The style of writing is just too different. Just uses the name to compensate for low quality shitposts.

looks like jelly to me

Some are pretty cute.

Kirby Crystal Shards is my favourite implementation of combining shit, if you can inject some interesting/humorous ideas into it it can be really cool.

Harvest moon in isometric view