Tfw Charles the Bold was a harpist and a composer, but none of his chansons or motets survived

>tfw Charles the Bold was a harpist and a composer, but none of his chansons or motets survived

>thats a mighty fine hat you got there good sir!

Man, Burgundians had the best hats.

>Charles the Bold composed poetry so beautiful that the French destroyed every copy for fear of pro-Burgundian revolts by those who had read them

Source? I've always imagined the guy to be a locker room douchebag type.

>Charles the Bold was such a good musician, the opposing French armies had to completely jam the Burgundian radio broadcasts to prevent their populace from rising in support of Burgundy

wow...

>Charles the Bold sent colonists to the New World, but no record of their settlement remains

DELET

>Charles the Bold was known for his bold, rather than italic, penis

Did you know many Ottoman sultans were poets?

>tfw Charles the Bold had Hillary's emails but the French deleted them all

>Charles the Bold had a record of every work destroyed in the Library of Alexandria, including a full history of the first civilizations, the trojan war, the bronze age collapse, and schematics to a steam-powered robot by Hero of Alexandria
>the french destroyed them all for heresy

Big

>tfw Charles the Bold constructed a series of watermills and was on the verge of discovering steam power, before all waterworks were sabotaged by Parisian saboteurs

daily reminder that Charles the Bald got BTFO by a drunken Irish monk

>Tfw Charles the Bold proved the world was round over a century before Galileo but no one remembers because his work was destroyed by the French to ruin his credibility.

Wrong Charles

not the same guy

I've heard that Charles the Bold had an eight-pack, that he's shredded.

So is this the next 2 month Burgundy thread?

>Charles the Bold was in the process of standardizing his factories but everyone thinks this first happened during the Industrial Revolution because the French destroyed all of his work

Charles the Bold meme > Zhukov the Butcher meme IMHO

Why did the Swiss kill him, where they payed by the French?

LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED HALBERD

Bald and foolish, this one :^)

No, they might have been payed by the French, but that was not the real reason.
What few people do know, Switzerland has an own agenda for world supremacy, killing Charles the Bold ended the Duchy of Burgundy, this eliminating the buffer state between France and Germany, this lead to 500 years of near constant war between them, and 500 years near constant peace and prosperity for Switzerland.
>Charles was just a pawn in the Swiss masterplan

What's up with Veeky Forums and Burgundy?

one of my favorite colors

>the user was assassinated for this post

>The user's assets were liquidated for this post

The highest hight the Gothic renaissance reached in northern Europe, just to be killed brutally by a illiterate peasant and his halberd.
I want a TV show about this so badly, the intrigues and culture of the burgundy court, complete with fit chicks and dirty sex. On the other side, the swiss dirt eaters, complete with fit chicks and dirty sex.

GIB TV NAO!

Why weren't Burgundians blond?

>nobody sees him actually die
>all possible witnesses to the contrary mysteriously die themselves, on not so natural causes
>can't find his body for 3 days
>when they find it, face and pecker are eaten off by dogs
>physician (who later ended up in a high payed post with the French) 'identifies' body by old scars
>Charles mistress said something else and ended up in a dark dungeon

Am I the only one that thinks this is strange?

I've never heard that bit about the mistress. Can you elaborate?

This really made me think. Maybe he was captured and left to die in a dark and humid cell while everyone else was told he died to end the Burgundy problem once and for all.

Maybe he disguised himself and became Charles V three generations later.

But how do you explain the chin

furthermore, the Swiss troops allegedly responsible for this where handsomely payed by the French and then fled the crime scene to Switzerland which does not extradite its nationals.

The Swiss are always involved somewhere in these conspiracies, aren't they?

A prosthetic disguise, obviously.