/osg/ - OldSchool Runescape General - osrs

Only chads voted yes to DS2 & no animeposter edition

>Latest news
- DS II poll is now live
- Volcanic Mine buffs
- DMM Winter 2017 Season live now
- Dragon Slayer II (and much more) Dev Blog
- RuneFest 2017 is over
- DMM Autumn Invitation is kill, RoT winner disqualified and banned for bot farm

>Communication
Home World: 327
Clan Chat: OSG

>Website
oldschool.runescape.com/oldschool_index

>/RS07/ Highscores and XP Tracker
rs07g.com/

>/RS07/ Infodoc (READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
docs.google.com/document/d/1--e4eVMtEgoyUJUoxyFNFIuXJO2CR_y_YzElBUa9UgA/pub

>DPS calculator
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wzy1VxNWEAAc0FQyDAdpiFggAfn5U6RGPp2CisAHZW8

>Prices & money making
services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_oldschool/
2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide

>Twitter
twitter.com/OldSchoolRS - twitter.com/JagexMatK - twitter.com/JagexAsh
twitter.com/JagexJohnC - twitter.com/JagexRonan - twitter.com/JagexArchie
twitter.com/Jagex_Ghost - twitter.com/JagexWeath - twitter.com/JagexMaz
twitter.com/JagexKieren - twitter.com/JagexJed - twitter.com/JagexWest
twitter.com/JagexRoq - twitter.com/JagexWolf - twitter.com/JagexRy
twitter.com/JagexStone - twitter.com/JagexEd - twitter.com/JagexTomH
twitter.com/JagexSween - twitter.com/JagexDelta - twitter.com/JagexAyiza

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JagexRonan
twitter.com/JagexDelta
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SlxbHJokMGsPGqIHcY4SXvzouuYdbZ8TYHYCbFRTWXA/htmlview#
pastebin.com/cW6Mcs6A
youtube.com/watch?v=ym2adUCeNys
youtube.com/watch?v=LaUe-Hf0uSM
youtube.com/watch?v=VHG7mHKwQqA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tan leather is a good spell

remove twitter.com/JagexRonan and twitter.com/JagexDelta

I've never cast it, can you tell me about it and why you think it is good?

>need 77 rc
>running deaths is tedious
>Zulrah killed law runners
>Zulrah profits getting nerfed didn't bring law runners back to life
>nature runners expect double runes

nth for

100k+ xp per hour
300k+ gp per hour profit
not extremely click intensive just have to click the spell 5 times then bank
it's locked behind the fremennik hard diary though so that sucks

Is Mort Myre cute?

what is that pringles nose m8

What's the xp/hr doing nats and/or deaths through the abyss? I thought the wiki would have rates.....

>running nats
>level 48
>go to a calc for fun just to see what it would take for 50 and that new rune sack
>oh only 40 more trips that's not bad
>punch in 99 just for fun
>1,438,389 pure essence

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SlxbHJokMGsPGqIHcY4SXvzouuYdbZ8TYHYCbFRTWXA/htmlview#

this is pretty accurate for the abyss rates, lavas and astrals should be higher and I'm not sure why laws are low either

>astrals should be higher

Well thanks, I'll try them out

You can't bring a pickaxe to the law altar afaik

So it does 5 at a time like spin flax?
Not bad, then.

Is this reasonable gear for nmz?
I can't blowpipe yet but I need to imbue this ring

>no pic

Is abyss RC even remotely dangerous? I haven't been bringing anything because I expected PKers but I haven't seen anyone trying to PK for glories at all?

looks good to me

why do I always forget to add the picture

get barrows gloves noob

Use an imbued archer ring instead.

no

why do you think I'm going to nmz?

I'm not quite sure, maybe it's a hobby?

Is ZMI still viable?

Is splashing still legal in osrs? Haven't played in over a year and a half.
Need to get that magic up.

It's not a very reasonable thing to PK due to the loot only being like 20k a kill, and you spend a few thousand in runes securing the kill (assuming they don't escape).
But there are plenty of people that still do it, mostly just for ""fun"", so stay vigilant and don't bring too much.

I see people risking eternal glories sometimes (25m), but even they usually have the sense to bring a single super restore with them, just in case.

From 70-75 I was getting ~33k xp/hr then 75-77 I was getting ~38k xp/hr or so. It's not too click intensive.

it's not against the rules that would be ridiculous, but you can't afk for 6 hours like you used to

>single super restore
that's what the fally shield is for

I know people here have said that dying in graceful isn't anything to worry about but I'm so tentative about dropping that kind of risk since I can't find any solid confirmation on what happens to it when you die. I've heard it drops on the ground and you have an hour, you have 30 minutes, it stays in your inventory and it turns into coins.

That's a good 30 hours of work I don't want to risk on what is essentially hearsay

right, that's a much better idea actually.

I was specifically thinking of a friend who does it, without the stats for the falador diary. He would do it on high total worlds, not many people would be able to even try getting him because of his low combat, pretty sneaky.

If you die in the abyss itself with Graceful you keep it, if you get killed by a PKer on the journey the abyss it drops to the ground and you have (I believe) and hour to go and pick it back up.
Both situations have happened to me many times, don't worry, it's not lost if you die below level 20 wilderness. Zamorak Mage wanders up to level 13 I think.

fug, meant to quote for that wall of text at the end.

You can test it out with other untradable items to see the mechanics for yourself.

Alright I believe you I'll go ahead and pop it on. I see a ton of other players in it too.

If this is my current gear and I'm -22 what should I put in offhand?

weight below 0kg doesn't matter

img got lost

I know, so what is the best def offhand that isn't too pricey? A defender since they're untradeable and follow the same rules as graceful?

defender will get broken if you die to a pker, the god books are a good choice

fally shield

>lava runes are cheaper than air runes
>can't use lava runes to bank

Why is RC such good money holy fuck

Pic is 1 trip at level 50

are you using the abyss?

Yeah? Why wouldn't I?

Was just wondering, I know that a lot of people these days say that abyss RC isn't good for some reason.

this is one "unlucky" run, I failed the agility obstacle 8 times at the opposite end of the circle and needed to drink wine and energy while banking

namefags are annoying

yeah "Anonymous" is an even bigger faggot than ID: Heaven. fuck that guy

You can replace a couple of pieces of graceful with cheap/free defensive gear if you want, the graceful set effect isn't massively useful there.
If you do the abyss right, you'll only be stopping for a few seconds at the bank, using stamina potions to keep running.

A lot of people use dhide chaps for the leg slot, I personally use the bearhead for the head (because I'm at 1 def), but use whatever best suits you. I also use the mithril RFD gloves, they're cheap.

first time trying runescape and I've been whacking cows for several hours and I still can't do a quest that's more difficult than fetching some items to make cake

what's the point

You've obviously doing things wrong, people have gotten to the endgame free-to-play quest and killed that dragon within like 2 hours of account creation.
I don't know why you're still doing cows and Cook's Assistant.

To be fair, they're doing that in p2p, where you can get the stats to equip rune in under half an hour with quests.

kys trannies

I googled this shit because I was curious, and it started out with someone's bank alt immediately handing them more than 3 inventory's worth of items

thanks for the laugh

>lewd cc
>kaiju memes
>os gen
this picture is older than most people in this general
keep your shitty meme picture updated you dumb nigger

this is definitely the same guy who was trolling yesterday about not being able to make money as a fresh level 3. Don't reply

leaked willy bankloot bot guide from last thread
pastebin.com/cW6Mcs6A

>Hunter - I like hunter so i don't bot this! but i guess check the scripts and do some research.
into the trash it goes

Honestly most of the habits he explains in there are shit, it's likely he doesn't get caught because he doesn't bot the most-botted skill.
Also this isn't actually willy bankloot's guide, he charges like $5 for that I think.

t. literal who lmao

fuck the new people

I don't know who you think I am, I'm just legitimately whacking cows and getting bored of everywhere I go that seems logical leading to quests with level 27 demons and 34 vampires that I can't do enough damage to before they regenerate

>all these lvl 1 skills
LOL kill yourself

>50. If your babysitting / glancing and see a random event and OSBot aint dismissed it yet - do it, specially if its the genie/imp.

I'm confused. Why do bots need to dismiss them?

>dude, if you accept free xp, youre a bot lmao

>Bot all skills but not rc
>Don't bot skills at all
I know what im choosing.

T. mort myre

Who?

This is a Nice Thread :^)

That is a nice picture.

bigger faggot than ID: Heaven
why are IDs even gone

new

yes it is user :3c

gz pls this level took like all day

congratulations

no gz, you're only 15% of the way to 99.

how much faster is ardy compared to seers (with hard diary)?

I think ardy is 62k/hour and seers w/ diary 55k?

anyone good at ahk here? how do I make the script hold a key like shift down?

just use sticky keys

Never played runescape before.

/v/scape, Oldscape or Runescape ?

oldschool

definitely not vscape

osrs or rs3 depends on which kinda game you like

osrs is more simple and grindy
rs3 is more overcomplicated and fancy, also has mtx

Both rs3 and osrs Will require me to pay sub, right?

Yeah if you wanna play the full game and not the glorified trial

>when you pk a blackshinner for 2 chins
l m a o

every thread until you like it

First off, how is this an mmo? No one even communicates and when they do it's only to insult people or troll them. There is literally ZERO sense of community. Just a bunch of silent assholes except when they want to call someone autistic.

Second, I have never been more bored in my life. Can someone explain to me what is actually fun about this game? And if you try to tell me "bro some people enjoy sitting there clicking a tree for 11 hours!" I'm going to call you a moron.

There is nothing fun about this game, I believe it's simply a relatively small community of people who are addicted to the false sense of accomplishment this game provides. Even the most menial task can take hours of being bored out of your mind staring at your computer screen, so when it finally gets done, you feel like you actually did something productive.

Yes but not separate subscriptions. Although you can't log into both at once with the same account so it's a moot point.

canceled my sub to the reddit private server... will just buy a bond if i want to play i guess

>paying money to illegally play a game
?????

What

Also what

I canceled my sub to OSRS, the reddit private server. I don't like the direction the game is being developed. Our dev team doesn't understand the game and are cucks for reddit. If I want to play I'll just buy a bond. Could sell my accounts for a couple hundred but I don't feel like doing that.

thanks for the blog update, keep us posted on what you're doing on an hour-to-hour basis

baited for this exact response

back idiots

Doings and Listenings?

Bankstanding and Dean Blunt - Stone Island
youtube.com/watch?v=ym2adUCeNys

mlm and a shitty pk stream

Fishing minnows for the 21st day in a row, youtube.com/watch?v=LaUe-Hf0uSM playing so I can do it with minimal attention. 10 days to go!

Watching the new Norm Macdonald Live episode, Jim Carrey is fucking crazy. Like literally.
youtube.com/watch?v=VHG7mHKwQqA

>not purposely investing in blackshinners
>not recording their world and standing spot
>not collecting your investment 30minutes later
Better stick to making reddit threads asking for wildy rejuv 2, kid.