pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Workshop for Warhammer 2 hasn't been enabled yet but will be thursday:
twitter.com/totalwar/status/915200012954460160

Some nice little mods (better camera, resized lords, climate battles, thicker dust, bigger units. Drag and drop into the data folder):
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9AaipzJB6FeWk5KRy1UVXVpMTg

Sacked thread: →

Sharing your campaign and battles is welcome and encouraged

Yup, just a Black Ark passing by a High Elf-controlled city that it can do absolutely nothing to without an attacking land army.
Never mind the full stack of Corsairs on the Ark, nope, it is completely helpless against coastal settlements.

"I HATE SNOW YOU BITCH WHORE OF A MOTHER I CAN'T EVEN FUCK THESE WITCHES BECAUSE MY COCK FELL OFF"

How did CA get away with this?

Third for Canister shot

>skaven meme bomb ability takes almost instantly wipes 2 full health black guard units
At least they survived the battle, but that was dumb

Has anyone ever lost a defensive siege vs the AI?

How long till best rat?

LOVE ETERNAL!
Combined Campaign will definitely have Neferata right? Why else would they add Lahmia and The Silver host?

>tfw you couldn't protect her smile

Why does CA insist on giving the villains these gigantic helmets? How big is this guy's hat going to be in WH3?

A serial number. And I don't know yet, I looked at a lot of comparisons. The 1070 will pull as much FPSes on 1080 screen for most big pullers out right now. It might change in a year, and if you plan to get anything higher than 1080 or VR, it's better to have.

I spent money I got from a retroactive raise. Work is good, don't believe the NEET memes.

t. Didn't read the epilogue

it's fantasy's version of 40k's pauldrons

Did Malekith and Morathi ever have kids?
Do you think she forces him to fuck his daughter-sisters?

is this blacked?

You have to look at the game from the perspective of the Tabletop.
Big helmets= strong identifying feature from a top/down perspective.

Floppy hats for Empire
Spikes for Chaos
Cone helmets for Elves

>Dark elves try to make a peace treaty with me, Tyrion, heir of Aenarion, shield of Alaria, servant of the King, and champion of the EverQueen.

Ha HA! I want to wipe out every single dark until no more remain.

What do you do? I can't find a job to save my life despite having an associates in accounting.

STOP UNITING AGAINST ME
I wanted a small conflict not a world war

>she's shadowblades sister

oh shit

>implying she has to force him
Also no I don't think they ever had children or if they did ti was probably killed by one of them.

t. avatar of khaine

post the roll chart you double nigger

You came to the wrong setting motherfucker

Isn't Tyrion a legit cuck

E L F N A T O
L
F
N
A
T
O

Thoughts on this lads?

Other way round. Tyrion cucks the elf king Finubar

not anymore than you

no/10

T O T A L WAR

>cannons
>explosive

This isn't Hollywood.

What's the deal with that

I'm an IT-tech for a national agency in my country. I mostly take calls and help people and also monitor the systems, but we do a lot of standby and shift work that lets me rack in some extra money.

TOTAL WAR? MORE LIKE TOTAL FAG LMAO

No.
Not that tech level.
Also look at this small elven colony. Unique.

It's End Times trash

eh, you do realize that it means that weapons can have multple firing modes, not just 2?

HISTORICAL TYPES OF SHOT

>Round shot –Solid spherical cast-iron shot, the standard fare in naval battles.

>Canister shot – Cans filled with dozens of musket balls. The cans broke open on firing to turn the gun into a giant shotgun for use against enemy personnel.

>Grapeshot – Canvas-wrapped stacks of smaller round shot which fitted in the barrel, typically three or more layers of three. Some grape shot was made with thin metal or wood disks between the layers, held together by a central bolt. The packages broke open when fired and the balls scattered with deadly effect. Grape was often used against the enemy quarterdeck to kill or injure the officers, or against enemy boarding parties.

>Chain-shot – Two iron balls joined together with a chain. This type of shot was particularly effective against rigging, boarding netting, and sails, since the balls and chain would whirl like bolas when fired.

>Bar shot – Two balls or hemispheres joined by a solid bar. Their effect was similar to chain shot.

>Expanding bar shot – Bar shot connected by a telescoping bar which extended upon firing.

>Link shot – A series of long chain links which unfolded and extended upon firing.

cont

Yes, but its dumb for a cannon
It should just have the normal mode and canister shot

YFW: You fight a stack of Dark Elves and you don't have any cavalry

>Langrage – Bags of any junk—scrap metal, bolts, rocks, gravel, old musket balls, etc., fired to injure enemy crews.

>Fire arrows – A thick dartlike incendiary projectile with a barbed point, wrapped with pitch-soaked canvas which took fire when the gun was fired. The point stuck in sails, hulls, or spars and set fire to the enemy ship.

>Heated shot – Shore forts sometimes heated iron shot red-hot in a special furnace before loading it (with water-soaked wads to prevent it from setting off the powder charge prematurely). The hot shot lodging in a ship's dry timbers would set the ship afire. Because of the danger of fire aboard, heated shot were seldom used aboard ships.

>Double shot – Two round shot or other projectiles loaded in one gun and fired at the same time. Double-shotting lowered the effective range and accuracy of the gun, but could be devastating within pistol shot range—that is, when ships drew close enough for a pistol shot to reach between the two ships. To avoid bursting the gun, reduced powder charges were used. Guns sometimes were double-shotted with canister or grape on top of ball, or even triple-shotted with very small powder charges which still were enough to cause horrible wounds at close range.

>Exploding shell – Ammunition that worked like a grenade, exploding and sending shrapnel everywhere, either by a burning fuse which was cut to a calculated length depending on the range, or (after 1861) on contact with the target. Shells were often used in mortars, and specialized and reinforced "bomb vessels" (often ketch-rigged so that there was less rigging to obstruct the high-angle mortar shell) were adapted to fire huge mortars for shore bombardment. The "bombs bursting in air" over Fort McHenry in the American national anthem were this type of projectile.

explain mortars in total warhammer then?

webm it faggot

how?

>>Fire arrows
neat, that's the only one I'd never heard of before

What is there to explain? It functions like a mortar from the Renaissance era would. The Mortar in Medieval 2 is basically the same thing

Just put the more experienced units on your flanks. Literally the only reason I use cavalry is to funnel the enemy into my main force.

Which race has the best monsters?

>HEs
Red Phoenix, Blue Phoenix, Sun Dragon, Moon Dragon, Star Dragon, Great Eagles I guess

>DEs
War Hydra, Black Dragon, Flying ladies

>Skaven
Rat Ogres, Hellpit abominations

>Lizardmen
Everything

TL;DR, the empire already has explosive shot - it's loaded into their Mortars. If you want to add a 3rd type of shot, I recommend a Fire Bolt for shooting at large, regenerating targets. AKA a Troll Round

Shot, Canister Shot, and Troll Shot seems like plenty

I lost one siege as Skaven vs 2.5 stacks of dwarves

Only had the garrison

>calls me a brainlet
>links wrong post.

Empire Mortars were actually hollow shells filled with black powder/shrapnel.
There is a reason why the barrel of the mortar is fucking massive, compared to the cannon.

YFW: You are Lizardmen and have limited ranged units

So, what are the DLC factions gonna be m80s.

>Tomb Kangz
Given because they're an actual faction and already have a fancy 10 slot city on the map
>Araby
Good location on the vortex map and gets rid of most of the awkward Bretonnian placements
>Southern Realms/Dogs of War
Fixes Saratossa, and New World Colonies (who are Estalian in lore) and fits nicely into Mortals Empires map for faction diversity
>Silver Host/Nagash
SH is already in the file names for Mortal Empires, will Neferata and her Lahmians get a fully unique roster or just VC dregs?
Nagash could share much of the roster, and he already had unique stuff in the game (including his pyramid).
>Vampire Coast
Similar to above.
>Amazons
Pretty unique faction with a lot of things they can do. Gives SJW brownie points

@191279576
>tries to escape brainlet status by redirecting away from his stupidity about mortars

Why do people want Amazons so much?

If they do all these for TW2, what would they leave for TW3?

>Kangz
Yes
>Araby
Yes
>SR/DoW
Yes
>Nagash
Probably not until 3rd game
>Vamps
Yes
>Amazons
No and kill yourself

@191279680
>show that you can have multiple firing modes on units.
>you obviously can't change the names because CA has it locked.
>brainlet thinks that it means that explosive shots are being added.

Because everyone always wants to expand shitty side content that was barely filled out at all, ever.

Beastmen once we get our Charlemagnes

>I paid 18.99 for an incomplete Roster

never ever

Dank Chorfs, Ogres, 4 Demon factions.

>Lizardmen
>No cavalry
>No ranged units
Hide in the forest and wait for the darkies to get close, then get in there and fuck em up.
If there's no forest, have one or two sacrificial units ahead of the front line to soak up fire from the DARKSHARDS while the main infantry line presses forward.

>half the skaven rites are wasted on summoning absolute trash one use suicide bomber heroes

t-thanks

If they make Nagash surely he would be WH3, which means WH3 will probably be END TIMES

I'd rather get side content that could be significant like Cathay instead of shitty jungle women

Don't forget Cathay

Helves b-52 Phoenix is amazing other than squishy. Frostybirb is nearly impossible to kill but other than tarpitting and sapping vigour it doesn't offer anything spectacular like the fire bird. Great eagle is the root of the problem because of it's shit attack frames. Takes forever for them to kill anything, they die from archers firing, and sometimes rout against the t1 archers if they got fired on the way in. Kinda okay in defensive sieges as an elastic unit to fly to scary melees. Dragons have better attack frames, but are still weak. breaths okay at burning generals but not for numerous units. They are still too squishy considering.

War hydras are amazing

I don't care about them desu. But they are an option if CA wants to add something else to Lustria

>3 weeks until combined map
>months until DLC
>60 dollar bare bones """"""game""""""
JUST
U
S
T

i want to see muscular women scantily clad get torn apart by hydras and large monsters and see them bully skinks

>People play the good guys the most in Warhammer 1 and 2

So who is going to be the good guys in 3? If they don't have one they're for sure losing sales

how good are star dragons?

我们是假的消息,请购买我们的可下载内容

An empire/southern realms faction based around colonization and treasure hunting could be fun. Guess that is dogs of war?

>Dragons and phoenixes are literally the only reason the High elves can win a multiplayer battle
>Dragons and phoenixes are dumb and bad
t. /twg/

Oh hey I remember this map

It's the one I fought 5 FUCKING DEFENSIVE BATTLES OUTSIDE OF GREAT TURTLE ISLE ON

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS, CA?

Chaos dwarves duh

Go away gook, go make some more bayonet mods

Fun fact, the term shrapnel comes from one of the first inventors of exploding shells.

they got rid of the system for auto-generating maps in exchange for a repeating pool of a smaller number of maps. This means less random shitty maps with massive 1 way slopes or hills in the middle, but it also means that you see the same maps over and over if you are paying attention. Given that the casual total war player won't notice this or care, we are likely to see similar systems in future games as well

>Start enacting 2nd to last ritual
>4 stacks of chaos magically teleport to my main capital
>joined by 1 full stack of shaven
>Helve niggers hire full stack DE intervention squad to fuck my shit up.
>6 full stacks instantly outside my capital with no turns to help reinforce.

Great Game design CA

Skrolks quest battle was fun as fuck. Felt weird to be swarmed as Skaven though.

Not sure how to skill him now as I've not got enough points left for everything.

So far I've buffed his corruption, clan rats, got some magic, and buffed his aura radius by 90%. Do I get the red tree buff for elite Plague Monks or focus on magic so I can just spawn more clan rats/ plague monks?

You want a Plague Priest cos the plague furnace is fucking awesome and Skrolk can't get it.

Having a second source of vermintide is also useful as fuck. You can instantly summon 3 units of Clan Rats on whatever the fuck you want if you combo it with menace below.

They should've just kept both, sometimes you get random maps, sometimes you get standard maps.

Siege defense is easy as fuck, you shouldnt have a problem

Unless youre shit of course

>muscular women
user...

>I suck this much because i cant auto resolve.
Just go bac kto Civ 6 or EU4.

Oh fuck off you cunt. You can't be bad at siege defense. But you CAN be overwhelmed by three doomstacks and 8 hellcannons when you only have a garrison army.

LITERALLY WHY

That fucking sucks. Random shitty maps were great, made battles a lot more interesting & circumstantial.

Yeah. Be cool to have a Southern Realms/DoW army, with New World colonies playable in EotV and Estalia and Tilea playable in ME

>TFW IMPATIENTLY WAITING TO SHOVE YOUR BLADE BETWEEN BELEGAY'S RIBS

>not preparing you capital region for doomstacks

if you're this dumb i think easy is too hard for you.

Might i suggest you play Plants Vs Zombies?

>summon rats onto hellcannons
>dead hellccannons

*yawns* wow that was tough...

>B-B-B-BUT I'M NOT PLAYING BASED RATS

i guess youre just a fag then, no helping you

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THAGGORAKI OOOOOUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

The dragons are alright, never stated that they were outright bad. But they are squishy and will miss their charge landing 99% of the time because of bad attack frames so they don't have a glorious landing like Franz does on deathclaw. Fix up their flying monster attack frames and they will be golden. B-52 bomber bird can be brutal.