How do I become a General in the US Army? I want to serve my country and be remembered like these men:

How do I become a General in the US Army? I want to serve my country and be remembered like these men:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Army_four-star_generals
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>go to college and join an ROTC program
>kiss ass to get from O-1 to O-3
>play politics from O-3 up
>chances improve significantly if you have a pussy or have a melanin proficiency

You have to graduate from West Point.

I know a guy from my high school who got in.

He was super-duper smart. If he ends up running the country I'd be fine with it.

Why West Point? Many Generals didn't go to there.

its very difficult to get into the upper echelons of the military if you aren't from the academy, since so much of getting postings that are good for career advancement are about who you know rather than how competent you are.

In the Navy very few officers from NROTC or OCS end up with their own ship.

I am considering joining ROTC at my University. I am a freshman btw so can easily join. What postings are best for advancement and how do they decide that? I am guessing leading infantry during wartime?

>What postings are best for advancement and how do they decide that
Not him, but unironically desk jobs. Logistics and Supply are really good at working their way up to a one-star.

>dreamed of going to university for a history degree while doing ROTC and becoming a general in the army all through my teens
>get accepted into decent uni AND their ROTC program
>things are looking up
>get diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder at 19
>get kicked out of ROTC
>try persevering to graduate uni anyway
>can't
>end using being a tru NEET cashing disability bucks
>probably going to suicide before 30

thanks for jogging my memory op

Seek treatment and join

>Seek treatment and join
Even if he got treatment, he's 4F.

>Why West Point? Many Generals didn't go to there.
boy do I have news for you...

they wouldn't take him, with most medical conditions if its hideable you can just lie about it, but since he was in ROTC they'll have his service records that will say why he was kicked out.

Unless your family is extraordinarily connected politically he would never be able to get a medical waiver for that even if he had notes from several mental health experts saying he's of sound mind.

Oh and btw, seek treatment please.

Did you get kicked out and dropped because of the effects of the disorder, or because of the diagnoses and you got discouraged after being kicked out?

I am seeking treatment. If I wasn't I wouldn't be coherent to make this post believe you me.

how do you survive a year of college and rotc PT and then randomly get diagnosed with sch?

and yet you say you'll kill yourself before you're 30? Get a grip.

Check for yourself. Most Generals (4 star at least) post WW2 didn't go to the Academy. I found a list once listing all current flag officers in the Army and most of them didn't either. Although they did do ROTC

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Army_four-star_generals

the same way I didn't get diagnosed 18 years prior I suppose.

let's just say treatment works well to prevent from believing that I'm being chased by the cia and that my mother is poisoning my coffee, but not so well when it comes to preventing suicidal ideation.

looks like West Point should kill themselves

Shit even I almost went there and I'm brain dead retarded

user how did you get goaded into this schizphrenia thing? When did you "notice", if you weren't outright told?

you never notice that's the point. lack of insight it's called.

what if it's literally nonsense and he's been goaded into it?

>I want to serve my country and be remembered like these men
You won't be. Conventional war is obsolete; it has given way to the asymmetrical proxy war. The modern armed forces of today will never engage each other with the threat of nuclear weapons hanging over their head.