Charity

Charity.

I can donate some of my profits to charity without losing a cent after taxes.

Is there an environmental non-profit that's not anti-human like Greenpeace?
For example, Greenpeace opposes Golden Rice,
a GMO form of rice that could save millions of lives that would otherwise be extinguished by vitamin A deficiency.
Greenpeace opposes that, because muh evil GMO.

Are there any rational, pro-nature AND pro-human orgs out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3277
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All global charities are a waste and hurt as much as they help. donate to your local food bank or your local school or local whatever if you actually want to do some good. Small exceptions are maybe stuff like the Red Cross, that do good everywhere.

Wait, how do you donate to charity without a losing a cent after taxes?

I get that it's tax deductible, but doesn't that just mean you get to deduct it from your income? Thus you don't pay taxes on it, kind of, but you're still losing more than you would if you didn't give any at all, right?

Can you explain how you're able to do that to me?

You can donate to me.
13BVMEgmQCCmfH54vL3FSZMyTV7fuJ9aLZ

In all honesty I would find a particular area you care about, or even a building or some place that affected you in a strong way and donate the money to them. Find out who or what charities are giving money to them or just give it yourself.

not him but it usually occurs when either making more money puts you in a higher tax bracket or it reduces some benefit like earned income credit.

Red cross are the biggest shills out there. Look at there administrative costs. Wow.

Salvation Army is probably the only nationwide charity that is actually charitable.

Or go local.

oxfam
peter singer approved

The credit thing I can understand. Ok that would explain it, though those are usually for very low income workers, but not the tax bracket since the brackets are marginal.
Maybe I'm just not thinking enough about it though.

>Red Cross shill
I don't knowabout that
charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3277
Says 90% is spend on actual programs.
>Salvation Army
Is good too.
I don't know, when my naighobor had a house fire the Red Cross came and gave them hotel vouchers, food, and help.
Red Cross is the one of the few groups I actually see out there //actually helping// 20 mintues after a building falls over or a flood happens.

>but not the tax bracket since the brackets are marginal
it's different when you own a business and have to pay your self-employment, personal income, and state taxes. There's a breakover point near $100k where in many states you'll wind up paying all the extra income to taxes.

he may just be trying to avoid some other ceiling though. Two examples I can think of off the top of my head would be the personal exemption or the small business threshold. The SBA cutoff would be pretty hard to hit since it requires millions a year in gross receipts for most industrie, but the tax costs of breaching it are yuge.

>all the extra income to taxes.
this is never true, learn how extra income is actually taxed.

Is it possible to set up your own charity and donate to that instead? You could just say you have 90% "administration costs" and then you could pocket a lot of your own money instead of paying your taxes

>this is never true, learn how extra income is actually taxed

>federal income tax is the only tax business owners pay

>Is it possible to set up your own charity and donate to that instead?
no
not in the sense where you get to keep or control the money anyways.

Ah that sucks. What if you would spend administration costs of your charity on products from one of your other companies?

Yes and no, there has to be independent board members, I don't know the details, but some local busnisses will have a family member on the Board to get around this but keep control, also there are rules about how much can be adminstatration costs. But it is certainly possible to use a private foundation to give family members cushy easy jobs, possible run it as a second company, get a salary. It's also great as a way to use a tax write off as free ad money

Side note did you know things like at Panda Express " would you like to donate a dollar to the children's hospital', they are actually using that as write offs? Lol, so you are giving personal money for the company to use for their own tax benefit, lmfao.

>It's also great as a way to use a tax write off as free ad money
advertising is 100% deductible though.

charitable giving isn't.

>What if you would spend administration costs of your charity on products from one of your other companies?
either way you'll have to pay taxes on whatever you make from both your business and your charity. So there's no tax benefit for you personally.

>Side note did you know things like at Panda Express " would you like to donate a dollar to the children's hospital', they are actually using that as write offs? Lol, so you are giving personal money for the company to use for their own tax benefit, lmfao.

Hahaha. Yeah a lot of charity is just about corporations making money like usual.

I don't know exactly how much you have to spend on actual charity to be considered non profit but I remember reading it was quite low. I guess I'll look deeper into it some day. It's probably worth the time if you're very rich.

There are a few charter schools pulling this scam. The guy owns the land privately , leases it to his own 'nonprofit' carter school at higher than market rates, while the nonprofit is funded with public tax vocuer money. Lmfao. to pull something like that off You really have to be A. Super Scummy and B. Super politically Savy. Likely that dude has some elected officials on speed dial, and enough money for good lawyers to drag anything out forever.

>It's probably worth the time if you're very rich.
the very rich at some point stop worrying about making more money and start worrying about their "legacy."

this is the point where they often start actual charities, ones they don't personally benefit from.