>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/frontierDefense
syampuuh.github.io/mods (now updated!)

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>Titanfall Assault Guild
Just search for tfg. Look for the Apex patch.

>News
FNN 18: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-08-22-2017-postcards-from-the-frontier
Postcards from the Frontier patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/14073/postcards-from-the-frontier-the-patch-notes

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eaykOkdnZr0
youtu.be/LL5Kw7yy0vI?t=16s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not doing webm related tonight, so let's see if the thread lasts till morning

good fucking luck

>just played titanfall 1
>not sure how to feel
i don't get it, so many things better than tf2 yet none of the good carried over?

I feel like titanfall 2 had a lot more shallow additions to it in the sense that respawn were checking off a list of "things that weren't in the first game" in comparison to the first which was a game they just wanted to make

Time to pay respects
youtu.be/eaykOkdnZr0

serious f

I finally made it into a tfg thing. It is truly our time to go...

>wake up
>/tfg/ on page 10
And to think last thread hit bump limit

no

>have to go to a lecture
>unsure if thread will survive

It won't, don't worry

desperate animu bump

Ded

no

yes

Rip

anime

ded

Unff

Im back

the thread made it through with but the most desperate of bumps, im impressed

>mastiff doesnt leave him at 1 hp and you get shitscanned
Fake

Witnessed

join the discord fag

pls

>stahp
back to [RDDT]

>namefagging
Back to [literally any other website]

All of the outlets for actually contacting Respawn (their forums/reddit) are full of status quo holding retards. You can't criticize the game OR ask for new features without faggots constantly posting smug replies on it's not possible or not a problem. It annoys the absolute fucking shit out of me.

We need to organize and actually spam these threads with good feedback so that those crowd following tards will actually go along with it so we can get good balancing in this game since that's the only thing those mouthbreathers respond to

>complain about ronin-nuking back in the day
>they defend it and say its a feature
>complain about Tone being rediculously overpowered
>its a feature you idiot
>complain about Ion needing a minor nerf back in the day
>they defend it and say to just git gud

Respawn seems to ultimately do the right thing but it's so hard piercing through the retards surrounding them

What is your battleplan ship master

We decide on a list of shit to bitch about (realistic stuff like balancing, new game modes, and bugs), then storm the beaches of Respawns forums and drown out the idiots that oppose us. To beat the shiteaters, you must become the shiteaters

My personal wishlist is:
>fix Legion's scatter shot wind up bug (it'll cancel it randomly and restart the animation, this has gotten me and my friends killed numerous times)
>fix the fact that Smart Core doesn't interrupt Legions reload (and/or just make it where Titans don't reload automatically when they run out of ammo, why the hell is this a thing?)
>Ronin probably needs a nerf on his sword block, it's rediculous

A lot of people don't like the TTK too, so maybe we could talk about that.

>Respawn seems to ultimately do the right thing
Liek when they nerfed the R97
LOL 2 dmg

>Significantly increase hipfire spread on SMG/ARs when stationary
>Keep it as-is when wallrunning/strafing to encourage faster gameplay
>Slow shitters would have to pick between attempting to go fast or sitting still and ADSing thus limiting their field of view and speed
>Fix Legion's Wind-Up Glitch
>Make it so Monarch's Arc Rounds don't affect Scorch's Flame Shield (Why would electric bullets affect a flamethrower anyway)
>Make it so Sword Block doesn't block AoE damage (Anything from Scorch, Electric Smoke, Nuke Eject)
>Make Scorch's Thermite Launcher hold multiple rounds by default
>Fix the Tone Particle Wall Glitch

>implying there's enough people to do that
wew

>fix tone glitch
but I have too much fun bullying them as legion

I'd add the following:
>Increase fire cones significantly on ARs at Long and Very long range
>Remove ADS from SMGs altogether

Three to five people would be enough as long as they consistently reply and drown out naysayers.

Tone has since redeemed herself from her launch-day shitterdom; stop bullying the poor girl
Bully the new girl, Monarch, instead
I mean she didn't even bring any defensive shield with her! Who does she think she is; NorthStar?

I can get behind all this, very reasonable stuff.

Here's something I'd like:
>change the language on each Titan individually so you can choose which voice actor is used essentially (Tone's VA sounds like a tranny)

My legion gave so many power cockdowns on monarch day one, it was so good just melting the healthbar of the shitters just rushing into CQC like a retard.
and come on, no shield? she's asking for it, the whore. she probably likes taking the whole cannon right up her crit spot

>A lot of people don't like the TTK too
I dont think TTK is something you should be too brass with. Its a very sensitive part of a shooter and fucking with it changes the feel of the game radically. Ive seen a lot of people complain about TTK in GITSFA too and there they changed it. Which resulted in dumping entire mags in people and random headshots from scatter being a huge problem. Also going 1v2 becomes impossible since you need so many bullets per person. It also makes kraber/EPG more powerful since they are still 1shot kill, if you make those 2shot kill then they are suddenly garbage, unless you gut every gun. But then you just have people going for melee

Top quality content, made me laff then become sad

Someone post Legion chan literally cocking down Monarch's throat.

>male phase shit with tits
Trap pilots fucking never ever thank god

This is a good idea for the R-_01 and Flatline, but kind of stupid for the G2 and Hemlok considering that's where they're supposed to be strong at

Those would be the only exceptions.

Even then, the G2 shitters would need something to slow them down, like a rate of fire reduction.

>encourage my preferred playstyle
>discourage playstyle I dislike

>It's all about opinion
>Ignore the meta imbalances

>being slow

>giving a fuck about memes

I'll keep using my Mosok41.

Just give the G2 some actual recoil. The RoF nerf is stupid, increase in recoil is what it needs.
I have a feeling the Hemlok needs to be overhauled, though. You need to be one slow motherfucker to use it even remotely well, and that's no good. What if with hipfire it fired a five-shot burst ala Starburst Hemlok, but fired a normal three-shot burst when you ADS?

I don't use the G2 at all, so I don't know.

Recoil increase makes sense though, put it in like with the Double take.

The G2 appears to have a lot of recoil but in reality you can just magdump it into a wall and see a single hole.

It has viewkick but no actual recoil
AKA the recoil is only for the first person visual model and has no effect on where the bullets actually go

That explains why it's a shitter magnet.

Along with being a better sniper than all of the actual snipers

Here's the current list:
>fix Legion's scatter shot wind up bug (it'll cancel it randomly and restart the animation, this has gotten me and my friends killed numerous times)
>fix the fact that Smart Core doesn't interrupt Legions reload (and/or just make it where Titans don't reload automatically when they run out of ammo, why the hell is this a thing?)
>Ronin probably needs a nerf on his sword block, it's rediculous
>Keep it as-is when wallrunning/strafing to encourage faster gameplay
>Slow shitters would have to pick between attempting to go fast or sitting still and ADSing thus limiting their field of view and speed
>Make it so Monarch's Arc Rounds don't affect Scorch's Flame Shield (Why would electric bullets affect a flamethrower anyway)
>Make it so Sword Block doesn't block AoE damage (Anything from Scorch, Electric Smoke, Nuke Eject)
>Make Scorch's Thermite Launcher hold multiple rounds by default
>Fix the Tone Particle Wall Glitch

Discuss which ones you don't approve of and why, so we can polish the list. Personally, I think removing ADS from SMGs would be nice, but at the same time, I don't think they'd realistically do it.

>not reloading automatically
that has been a thing in videogames since the beginning of time, removing it would make it a pain in the ass for everybody. Make it an optional setting.

That's fine by me. I originally looked to see if it was an option in the config menu but couldn't find it. Most FPS's at least have it as an option.

Really, never saw it in any FPS I played. Just dont be stupid and empty your gun when your smart core is ready. Its the only skill where it is an issue.

>Ronin probably needs a nerf on his sword block, it's ridiculous
Specify the nerf, they already lowered the damage reduction, even if only a little.
Just make it so that Ronin can't block anything beside or behind him.
The reductions shouldn't apply on nuke eject, electric smoke, or thermite, but can lower the direct impact damage from the projectile.

That's retarded and makes no sense. Reduce SMG range even further, but not shotgun range. SMGs don't gain spread at all, but ARs do while moving in any way.

ARs need to do well at range, that's what they do. But yes, leave long range to the snipers.

That's retarded and feels out of place when you can aim with literally every other gun.
You guys gotta stop shitting on the SMGs so much.

Off the top of my head, Crysis, Halo, Quake all have these. At the very least, it generally waits until you try to shoot again AFTER running out to reload (as in, the trigger is cancelled once you run out of ammo again, but if you press it again, it begins to reload). You can also usually cancel the reload with melee, which Legion can't do.

At most, I think Legion needs this specifically since the Predator Canon is literally his ONLY weapon. The auto-reload isn't as much of a problem as the smart core not cancelling the reload, however. Especially if you accidentally activate it WHILE he's auto-reloading, and then you waste like half the core.

Shit, not Quake, just remembered that it's not that it doesn't auto-reload, but you don't reload at all haha

But quake doesnt have reloading. And are you sure of crysis, ive played it a boatload and never saw the option.

Yeah, I remembered wrong But here's an example in Crysis 2:
youtu.be/LL5Kw7yy0vI?t=16s

It just says "Reload!" in the center of the screen.

IDEA
we know in the lore that smart weapons like the pistol work with special ammo that basically works like a tiny missile, with fins and thrusters to steer it toward a target while still maintaining a lethal velocity. Most cores in the game have a short wind-up before dealing damage. What if they just gave it a small animation of legion jamming a belt of smart rounds into the gun? say it only lasted less than a second, then you can fire all the rounds you want, completely ignoring the state of your gun. If legion still has rounds in his gun when you use it, he just pulls out the old belt, puts in the smart one, then puts the regular one back in when the core is over, since the huge drum would still be on the gun.

That could work, but require actual work from Respawn, which rules it out. The point of the list is basically low effort shit that literally any of us could do in a few minutes if we just had access to the source code.

>crysis 2
Dropped that 2 hours in. Thought I was going crazy, but its just in the bad crysis.

We can all agree that 1 was by miles the best Crysis.

It's funny that you guys say that, Crysis 2, for all its faults, actually pioneered a lot of the features in Titanfall. Like power sliding, ledge climbing, and all that agility-based stuff that wasn't really present in FPS's til it came out. It ain't perfect, but I still found it enjoyable on its own. I'd have preferred a proper Crysis 1 sequel though.

>m41
>not mx
if you're gonna post NT in the titanfall general at least do it right fag

Im sure games didnt take that from crysis 2. If anything crysis 2 was a lot more like the contemporary shooter of the time than C1

Because there's no real silenced MX equivalent in Tittyfall.

Battleraifu master race 4 lyfe faggot

Jesus, those grunts at master difficulty have better aim than people at gen 10

Welcome to tfg how fast are ya?

They actually don't. They actually have a fuckhuge cone of fire coded into them, it's just that they have perfect tracking and do a ton of damage. Abuse cloak and stay high and fast.

what they really need to do with SMG's is just give them the same kind of damage fall off properties as the EV-8. That way it concretely defines them as CQC weapons and prohibits people from being able to successfully snipe with them.

I'd also drop the alternator's per shot damage to 65 or so

>65
which dimension do you live in

What is your waifu or husbando?
They better be fucking fast

My only YouTube subscriptions are to eurobeat channels and I only listen at 2x speed.

this is the most productive I've ever seen tfg. keep it up pilots

>Gates canonized as "team mom" on the Titanfall wiki
wew

If you shoot from far enough they dont see you yet because youre out of their vision, but if you then shoot them they immediately know where you are and after a 0.5 second delay where they take aim they shoot perfect stream of bullets (at a distance where single shot is already hard). Unless you quickly dive for cover you get bursted down in a flash.

Also if you hide behind cover and then pop up at the same spot they get some super accuracy boost

The dimension where the Alternator does 5 more damage per shot than the Flatline

Why do people called gates a mommy. She is much more of an older sister if anything.

It could go either way, honestly. The point is that she's the leading lady in a faction full of frat boys that keeps everything in order.

Sarah briggs is more of a mommy with her fight the good fight shit. Gates goes out drinking with her squad, not something a mommy would do.

Unless she's trying to be the "cool mom" or something.

She doesnt drag her kids to get pizza.

You think she held a going-away party for Davis and Droz?

To the dude editing the wiki (I know you're here), why not just make a separate article for the Ark? It's a dead link everywhere it's listed, and it should be made distinct from the Fold Weapon. The Ark is the Fold Weapon's power source, not the weapon itself.

not him but we don't know shit about it except that it's ayylmao tech.

It's ayylmao, yes, but it's still the central McGuffin of the entire second half of the campaign.

A blue, spherical, floating, ancient alien McGuffin. There, that's pretty much all we know.

>TF3
>be leader of unknown faction
>try to steal ark
>your army gets squashed
>charge in yourself in a pilot suit
>capture it
>as the IMC and militia is beating down on the walls of your lab set up your time travel device
>you only have one shot at this
>outer walls breached
>time travel ready
>grunts burst in, telling you to get on the floor
>run to the ark
>they start shooting
>get hit
>jump into the blue light
>fall on the ground
>clutch your belly where the bullet hit you
>look at your chrono watch
>youre there