Fast Food Workers

Literally how do you survive off of minimum wage? How can you enjoy working in a fast food environment for 10+ hours a day? Overall what is the job like? Genuinely curious

more importantly: how does if make you guys feel that a computer can do your job for free?

It's for stupid people that don't understand the simplest of ideas behind economics.

I respect anyone who works for a living

gay

preach

gay preacher

working gay preacher

Does anyone work in fast food for 10+ hours a day? I thought they changed shifts like crazy and short changed everyone on hours to avoid overtime and having to provide benefits.

I respect gargabemen and fast food workers more than most hipster software developers creating the latest useless webapp in MemeJS

my first employment was in fast food while i studied. did full time during the holidays. this was over a decade ago.
back then I was living with my olds, so i could save money. the enjoyment comes mostly from peers - they're also young amusing folks. overall the job was OK. with a good manager and team on, and customers coming through the door at a rate to keep you busy but not slam us - its actually pretty good.
the worst thing about the job was that on average - you're not in a good team. this was fast food, on average you're working with folks lacking in talent and skill. you either pick up their slack, or customers start complaining and because its fast food - some customers just go nuts, which makes for a pretty shitty environment.

>Does anyone work in fast food for 10+ hours a day?
No, it's the one thing that makes wagecuck jobs bareable, more free time.
>living with my olds
op, this is how people survive of minimization wage.

My mom cleaned houses for over twenty years to raise my sister and I. I love my mom, but she doesn't have the skill or the brains to do better paying work. I respect her though because her work ethic was amazing and she was excellent at networking. Anyone who works and puts in effort has my respect, regardless of their profession.

Ever waited on someone hand and foot while they look down on you and treat you like shit? Ever did the job of 3 people whuke working with burnout stoners or just lazy retards?

It sucks dick and i used to trade crusty old bufett leftovers for booze.

U live cheap. We had like 10 bros living in a duplex.

Had 5 roomates ina 2 bedroom house.

Me too brother. Or anyone lucky enough to not but isnt a shitlord liberal

Not really fast food, but I work at a bakery and love it. I don't plan to work their forever but I have yet to find another job that pays more then $25 an hour with decent hours per week, I'm looking for something that's between 35-50 hours.

> Literally how do you survive off of minimum wage?
I still live in my parents' house and I spend very little of my own money
>How can you enjoy working in a fast food environment for 10+ hours a day?
You literally don't which is why a lot of people at my workplace quit. (Unless you work some place that isn't busy and has lots of friendly people)
> Overall what is the job like?
It's alright when it isn't busy but I honestly hate fast food. I'm currently looking for a job at a gas station or a grocery store.

This.

Computers can't make burgers yet, retard.

>robots are free in this retard's mind

Is this in burger dollars? 25 bux for a bakery. The fuck?

Mexicans stacked seven to a studio or they have two jobs.

>Garbage Men
yes
>Fast food workers
not really

I treat anyone with respect until they personally give me a reason not too. Any other outlook is nigger-tier.

It's going to be just as bad at the grocery store. Can't speak for gas stations, but the rushes at stores are terrible.

Try getting into a job like a bicycle assembler. They have it cake.

Is electricity and maintenance free nowdays? It's much cheaper than a worker, I give you that, but free?

>Computers can't make burgers yet, retard.

It would take minimum amount of engineering to make a simple robotic arm dispense and flip burgers on a timer. Robotics cost money and it will also cause bad PR for most of these fast food placers which is why they have not done it.

Don't talk shit about working people. Everyone is different.

ill talk all the shit i want about fast food workers... half the time they fuck up the order anyway. how do you forget to put a burger in the bag?

this

Anyone know how much a franchise owner is looking to earn per year?

This. Not everyone is destined to be a STEM God.

>more free time

Except that you have to either work multiple jobs or live in a commune to stay off the streets.

>Ever did the job of 3 people whuke working with burnout stoners or just lazy retards?

It's like this everywhere because there are 1000s of others waiting to take your place so they can get some cucking in too

>25/hour working at a bakery
Please elaborate

Then you would have to severely overpay some assholes installing/maintaining those computers

I worked in fast food and it was just a bunch of druggies who were content with flipping burgers and getting stoned/wasted after they clocked out. They had no other ambitions or aspirations in life, and if they did at one time it never panned out for whatever reason.

this. work ethic.

>Literally how do you survive off of minimum wage?
By not being a faggot who wastes money, splitting living costs with mates, eating one meal a day

>How can you enjoy working in a fast food environment for 10+ hours a day?
>enjoying work

>Overall what is the job like?
It's all rainbows and virgin pussy deluge...wtf do you think it's like you idiot. If you are so happy with your job why do you have to berate people with less? The only good that comes with more material possession is you get more stuff to look at and get an ego the size of alaska. Humble yourself retard before God destroys you with his holy wrath

Lol, you're cute with your god meme

>how do you survive on minimum wage
>i make 25 an hour

Why did you post?

that logic can be applied to vast majority of jobs, given some time

stop eating fast food you fat fuck

We colloquially call it "burger flipping" but there's more to the job than literally standing in one spot flipping a burger over. It's not impossible to automate but it's not something you can do with a simple robotic arm. Any system will also need to be supervised, for food safety purposes, and cleaned regularly. There's plenty of roadblocks both in creating a robot that can physically perform the tasks and also in meeting regulation standards and the societal expectations of what a restaurant should be.

wait, so you guys think if you buy a frozen burger from the convenience store frozen food aisle it was literally cooked by a human before being stuck in plastic?

i make $10/hr, the environment can be stressful but the place i work at, while busy, isn't usually that chaotic. i live with 2 roommates in a nice sized apartment paying ~$450/mo in rent + utilities, and no one shares a room and we all get along. I'd rather live with (good) roommates than live by myself, that just seems depressing. 10+ hour days suck, although you get used to it and i only have to work 4 days a week to hit 40. i don't spend stupidly, so while my budget is tight i don't live like shit. i have a slowly growing savings, cook nice meals, and can buy new clothes/electronic shit from time to time. i'm lucky to live in such an affordable city, honestly.

for dealing with the job, honestly the less you think about it the more bearable it is. i've worked here for almost 5 years and i know the type who need to bitch to every other coworker every time there's an annoying customer or they got stuck with a shitty shift or it's a busy day, and they're the most miserable and least-respected people. i just always remind myself none of it matters and don't let customers tilt me and think clearly, makes a world of difference.
no retard i'm talking about running a restaurant not a factory

This. We need to bring back dignity to working.

>no retard i'm talking about running a restaurant not a factory
sounded like you were just denying the technology exists when we all know it does.

and then calling me a retard for pointing out your retardation.

that's what it sounded like.